North American Secrets

By LuciiPL22

The Nations like to think of the "New World", or North America, as childish, young, inexperienced even. What... More

Basics of the book.
That Voice
This Book
The first of many
Pain
Pain pt.2
Abuse
Before Colonization.
Wendigoes?
Playing with Fire
How could we let this happen?
Barbra
New Talk

What it takes to be a god

2.7K 74 42
By LuciiPL22

"So-" Sedna turned to Torngasoak, "why are we here again?"

"We're here to teach them the basics of a god!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The scene switches to the group sitting under a mystical looking tree.

"So pretty much, like you've heard countless times before, the spirit realm exists." Sedna repeated rather bluntly.

"Those who live here include gods and goddesses like ourselves." She continued pointing to herself and the others, "but there are other entities which one should never mess with..."

The children shuddered at her tone.

"Yeah entities like the Wendigo king or Malsumis: god of evil." Igaluk added.

"Also ghosts... they're trouble makers." Torngasoak commented shuddering a bit.

"Well we should first tell them who is actually going to harm them..." Sedna suggested leaning herself against the tree.

"Right-" he agreed.

"What do you mean by that?" Maria questioned.

"In this world there is a whole ranking system. Depending on your rank, or per say, power, influences your danger to others." She pushed herself off the tree, approaching the children.

"For example." She paused, "for mortals anything can cause them harm. Ghosts, spirits, wedigoes you name it. Going up one rank to priest or priestess: ghosts and spirits can't harm you but everything else can."

"Someone like us," she gestured to Torngasoak, Igaluk, Native America and herself, "we're pretty high ranking since we're gods and goddesses, so everything below us can cause us no harm, but! Everything on our level still can..."

"So where do we fall on the chart?" Kanata curiously asked.

"That's the thing..." Igaluk was fiddling with his staff, "it's a bit tricky since you're personifications, so you'd be ranked pretty averagely, nowhere near a mortal, but being the children of Native America can bring you straight to the top..."

"No..." Sedna paused, "throw that whole 'personification' thing out the window and focus on Native America... she has direct relations to Tabaldak: the creator..."

"So technically..." Igaluk muttered to himself, "you're the grandchildren of Tabaldak..."

"Wooow you're all way up higher that I thought you'd be..." Torngasoak laughed, "well in that case, welcome to the life of a god! And goddess." He gestured to the children.

"Gods?!" Practically everyone screeched causing the memory to pause.

"You're all gods?!" France was dumbfounded.

"Heh yeah?" Mathieu sheepishly replied, "it's nothing major though..."

The memory continued.

The scene had changed again and the family was located in a dark and mystical looking wilderness.

"Here there are monsters of any kind lurking and hungry..."

"Monsters that include Wendigos, baykoks, skinwalkers, werewolves, you name it." Torngasoak informed.

"This will serve as your training grounds as you better your powers." Native America said. "Pinga will keep a watch on you for when I'll have to leave in order to tend to my earthly duties."

"Pinga?" Mexico repeated.

"That's me!" A woman had appeared behind them scaring the four.

"Pinga! Goddess of the hunt and medicine at your service." She extended her hand in greeting.

Pinga was interesting. She held a spear decorated in feathers and beads. Adorned on her head a bear hide with her dark brown hair peaking through. Her face painted in symbols that complimented her golden eyes. She wore traditional hide clothing marked in symbolic lettering.

"Pinga owns this realm." Sedna attempted to add over Pinga's excessive rambling.

"Oh look at your guys! Already so big! You're gonna have so much fun with your auntie!" She gushed pinching their cheeks. "Get your weapons ready we're going on a field trip!" She exclaimed prepping her spear.

"Weapons? We didn't bring any..." Maska looked at her with a confused expression.

Pinga began to laugh, "'didn't bring any!'" She mockingly repeated, "that's a good one-" she looked up to see that they were serious.

"Oh." She awkwardly cleared her throat, "I didn't know- no worries I'll help you with that!"

"Let me explain. Every diety has their own weapon. It's connected to your soul. Your very life force. This weapon expresses you as a person."

They nodded in understanding.

"Now the spell to summon your weapon is easy so I'll just have you repeat after me." She smiled.

She proceeded to extend her hand as the others copied her. She loudly proclaimed in an unknown language pausing in between phrases to allow them to repeat. The children tried their best to pronounce all the syllables. The wording was similar to other Native America languages so it wasn't too hard.

"Woah~" they now marveled at themselves. An orb of light had shown in their chest. A line of light traveling from that orb to the extended hand appeared causing their hands to glow. As the light faded they were left with sparkling objects.

"Oh yeah!" Maria exclaimed. She was equipped with large dual throwing knives. They emitted a soft white glow. She spun them around swiveling her wrists causing a blur of light.

(Kind of like when you whip glow sticks around or at your siblings lol)

Mexico had a large axe which was taller than him. The head of the axe was also double sided as the top was a sharp point. He jabbed it around getting the feel of it.

Kanata was quietly marveling at his newly formed spear. There were metal rings across the whole of it and end was pointed with an impressive blade that seemed to cut through anything. He twirled it around effortlessly.

"The balance is extraordinary!" He gleefully commented.

And lastly Maska. He held a majestic bow. The ends curled connecting a long string. "Huh there are no arrows..." he stated glancing around him if he had somehow missed a barrel of arrows. Out of curiosity he bent the sting back mimicking what he would do if there were an arrow. Out of nowhere a sharp beam of light was produced being held by his finger. He softly allowed the string to go back to its original state not letting go of it to see the mystical projectile fizzle away

"A bow that doesn't need arrows!" He gasped with excitement.

Each of their weapons had a faint glow. Somewhere on the weapon's bodies were engraved carvings or symbols adding to the mystical vibe.

"Now that were all equipped and ready, let's get hunting!" Pinga exclaimed waving goodbye to Sedna, Torngasoak, Igaluk, and Native America.

"We'll be here waiting!" Native America informed as she smiled at her retreating children.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Oof well this was a short chapter. Sorry.

Thank you all for reading!

Love y'all!

_~•*LUCII OUT*•~_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 395 3
America has noticed that Canada has been feeling down lately. Being the heroic big brother he is, he takes the matter in his hands and drags Canada o...
114K 2.1K 17
A selected bundle of nations is gathered after a mysterious letter involving America shows up at their door. Once they all arrived a light freezes ti...
24.2K 552 10
North and South America have been kidnapped !! It's up to the other countries to find them. Their fathers Portugal, France, England, and Spain are ha...
2.1K 231 20
The nations are sick of it, they're sick and tired of watching humans rule over them, use them as pets to destroy the world. Everyone has a breaking...