Rising Phoenix (Akatsuki no Y...

By Celestial_Planet

"The ღøяε you don't ɯɑɳʈ them to k̸n̸o̸w̸ ƨσмɛтнιиɢ, the ღøяε you հαѵε to sᴍɪʟᴇ to h̸i̸d̸e̸ ιт." Those were t... More

Information of This Book! (Must Read)
Playlist
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1: Everything Stays...
Jae-ha's Birthday One-Shot!
Chapter 2: Unknown Meetings...?
Chapter 3: Trust that Gained...?
Chapter 4: Trust that Gained and Bond that Formed
Chapter 5: Promises that Will Be Stored
Chapter 6: New Love?!
Chapter 8: Trust that Turned to Dust...
Chapter 9: The Aftermath...
Chapter 10: Where it All Started
Chapter 11: Beaten with the Truth
A/N - Break Time
Chapter 12: A Leap of Faith

Chapter 7: Will you вɛℓιɛѵɛ/ᴛʀᴜsᴛ me?

345 14 8
By Celestial_Planet

This white kimono is what you have been wearing ever since Yona gave it to you as your birthday present on your sixteenth birthday. The kimono is light (F/C) as usual. You are often seen wearing this by everyone around you.

~•~18 year old (Y/N) - In Hiryuu Castle - Seven days left until Yona's Birthday~•~
(Y/N)'s POV
I was just walking down the halls, making my way to Yona until I heard noises coming from her room. I became curious as to what was happening since it sounded like something was making contact with the ground. I continued walking to her room in a faster pace, worried that something bad have happened. When I reached Yona-hime's room, I saw that Yona was throwing what seems to be teacups at Hak.

"Yona-hime, what are you doing?" I asked her as I sweat dropped at the situation that was happening with my two best friends, but she continued throwing teacups at Hak while she was talking to me.

"He said that there is something wrong with my head! Do something about him (Y/N)! A servant shouldn't be so arrogant!" Yona said as I ducked at the incoming teacup that accidentally went to my direction.

"Yona-hime, you know that you and Hak have been friends more than I did..." I said sadly as I trailed off at the memory of my childhood coming back.

"Even though Hak is the same age as (Y/N), but the fact he's one of our finest generals. There is no one better to become your guard that isn't (Y/N)." King Il said with his usual happy attitude, making me nod my head in agreement at his statement.

"But (Y/N) is enough! She doesn't tease me all the time, and she always helps me with everything! I don't need Hak that has less charm than an average person." Yona whined as she threw another teacup at Hak, which made Hak have an irk mark on his head.

"If it's about charm, aren't you suppose to get ready? Lord Soo-won is here." I added as I remembered some guards informing me about his arrival earlier.

"You should've told me sooner (Y/N)!" She started to quickly make herself look presentable.

"Is he the reason why she is concerned with her hair?" King Il watched Yona with a look of confusion.

"Girls, go figure." Hak said as he sipped a cup of tea.

"What?"

"King Il! You still have many business to attend to!" Min-soo exclaimed to King Il in distress.

He only nodded in reply at Min-soo before saying his goodbyes to both of us. When King Il left, I immediately placed my attention to Hak because of what just happened.

"Why are you teasing the princess so much? You're supposed to stop doing that since we're old enough to remove childish habits." I scolded like a mother would at Hak, placing both of hands on my hips as I shook my head in dissapointment.

Hak only gave a shrug as a reply, making me more dissapointed about his lack of giving me good enough reasons when I ask him about these things.

"Then let's just go to check on Yona to see if she's alright." I said as I waved my hand to dismiss my thoughts on the conversation before.

"Do I have to?"

"It's our job to." I said with another sigh at his stubbornness.

I dragged him outside to Yona-hime, which was a bit difficult because he was making it hard for me to pull him. When we got to Yona, we saw her hair was being ruffled by the one and only Soo-won.

Poor Yona-hime, she's being treated like a little sister to the one she loves. I frowned when he left her in front of us as she just stood there with her messy hair.

"I've spent my money to buy the most elegant clothing, finest makeup, and eye catching jewellery..." Yona-hime trailed off sadly, but was cut off by Hak on the nearby railing eating a steamed bun.

"What a waste of money." Hak said as he took another bite of his steamed bun.

"No one asked you!" Yona exclaimed as her earlier irritation for Hak came back.

I sighed in slight annoyance at Hak's teasing, we did just saw Yona a few minutes ago. Then when the moment they saw each other, their like an old married couple. I walked up to Yona and placed my hand on hers as I gave her a warm smile.

"I'm going to leave you to yourself for now, okay Princess?" I lightly squeezed her hand in reassurance as Yona nodded at me with a small smile on her face.

I let go of her hand and immediately grabbed Hak's and made him follow me to the direction where Soo-won went. While we were walking further away from Yona, I was starting to get a little bit giddy at what we'll do next. Apparently Hak noticed and spoke up at my change of mood.

"What's with the sudden determination?" Hak said as my eyes were sparkling and I was getting more giddy.

"Well, I'm going to invite Soo-won to archery practice with us. I want to see how much he improved." I said with sparkles in my eyes as Hak clicked his tongue at my answer.

"If you want to see his skills so badly, why not invite him with you alone?" Hak said irritatedly which made me confused by his attitude, but I still smiled when he asked me the question.

"Well, thats because I want to see your skills too! I know that both of you and Soo-won are great! I'm always happy when I see you practice." I said happily as Hak tsked at me.

"Whatever you say..."

"There he is!" I said as I pointed at Soo-won who was talking with the person that he once told me was his adviser, Kye-sook.

I was confused as to why he was talking to him so quietly, but I just shrugged it off and shouted Soo-won's name.

"Soo-won!" I said as I could see Soo-won move but kept talking to the man.

'It's either he heard me and pretended he didn't or he was too busy talking to Kye-sook that he didn't heard me.' But before I could even decide, Soo-won and his adviser finished their conversation. The man walked away from Soo-won to the direction that was opposite to where me and Hak were, Soo-won turned around with a smile and went to us.

"Hello Hak, (Y/N). It's so nice to see you." Soo-won said happily as Hak nodded while I responded differently.

I removed my hand that was holding Hak's wrist and bear hugged Soo-won, which my head was on his chest and my arms were wrapped around his stomach.

"It's great to see you to!" I said happily as I ended the hug to see Soo-won have a face that I couldn't tell what expression.

"Um— Are you okay Soo-won?" I said as I was confused on what I saw, but the young Lord only shook his head as he cleared his throat.

"What brings you here to me?"

"We wanted to greet you of course!" I said happily but was immediately cut off by Hak.

"Don't you mean you?" He said in annoyance as I gasped in disbelief.

"I thought you also wanted to meet him?!" I said with a fake gasp as I placed my hand on my chest, pretending to be hurt.

"I do, but not if you forcefully dragged me here without my consent." Hak said which made me give him a sheepish smile as I laughed nervously.

Soo-won laughed at my state and ruffled my hair, making me give a small frown at the remembrance of earlier. Yona... My thoughts were then cut off by Soo-won speaking with the same smile he always has.

"I know Hak wants to meet me too."

"What?"

"So what do you want to talk about? I know that you want to talk more since you have that look on your face." Soo-won said as he cut off Hak before he could even protest.

"We want to invite you to practicing archery with us tomorrow, since we always practice archery twice a week." I said happily as I saw Soo-won's shock expression that soon turned into a smile.

"Of course I'll go, I want to see how much you two improved while I was gone. We could even catch up on some things." This made me nod in happiness when he agreed to my request.

"So what time are we even going to practice?" Hak asked as I forgot about the schedule since it always depends if there are more important things that we needed to do that makes us always reschedule.

"Morning. We'll practice when the sun has fully risen tomorrow. If you both don't have any important matters to do tomorrow morning that is?" I waited for their reply at my question, a bit worried that I'll have to re-check my schedule for this week if they can't make it tomorrow.

"I don't have anything important to do tomorrow morning, but I am busy from lunch until dinner."

"I'm free in the morning too. Did you already forgot that both of us have the same schedule tomorrow?"

"No..." I laughed nervously at Hak's reply, pretending that I remembered that we were going to be together for the rest of the day to watch over Yona and discuss matters over the Wind Tribe.

I cleared my throat as I ignored Hak's disbelieving stare that he gave me from my answer.

"Those are great news from you two. But I'm sorry that I have to cut this conversation short since we have many businesses of our own, and specifically speaking that I have to go check on Yona-hime." I said as I bowed at the two males in front of me.

"I hope I'll see you two tomorrow with your great skills." I said as I gave them an eye closed smile.

Hak nodded in reply with a neutral expression while Soo-won gave me a warm smile. I nodded in return to both of them and walked away from their direction to head to Yona's room since she wanted to discuss something important.

It was currently morning; Me, Hak, and Soo-won were outside at the palace where we set up the target practices and horses, practicing archery like we promised to. Hak just finished shooting, showing us that he shot his arrow right in the middle of the wooden target while he was making the horse run to make it more difficult.

"Good-job Hak." I said as Soo-won nodded in response.

"You've improved quite a bit when I wasn't around."

"Well that's because a general has to get better and better." Hak said as he laughed at Soo-won's answer. I nudged his arm while I was on my horse.

"Just because your a general, doesn't mean I can't be better than you." I said as I giggled as Hak rolled his eyes.

"We'll see." He said as Soo-won was now readying his arrow to shoot.

Soo-won did the exact same thing as Hak, a bullseye.

"Not bad for a Lord." Hak said as he smirked in amusement at Soo-won, while I gave a short clap at how much he improved the last time we saw him.

"Just like what you said, a Lord has to get better and better." Soo-won said as Hak just sighed as I laughed when he used Hak's own words.

"It's my turn!" I said excitedly in which Hak raised an eyebrow.

"You treat this as if this was easy and only a game to pass time." Hak commented as I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

I went a little bit farther behind where they shot their bows and made my horse, which I named her Snow, run in a faster speed. I readied an arrow and focused on the target and the arrow on my hand. My excitement immediately changed to a mood of seriousness. I steadied my breathing and waited until I felt the cool breeze calming down, shooting my arrow when I was sure of the change in the air. I then stopped my equine when I was done with my shot, just realizing that I didn't wanted this to happen.

Why are you showing off? This is supposed to be them, not you. I reluctantly looked at my arrow to see that it was at least three inches close to theirs.

At least I hesistated at the last second, it's my fault if it's so far apart. I gave a sigh in relief and spoke up to my two friends.

"Oh... it seems that I have yet to practice." I said as I faked a smile and made Snow go to their direction.

I saw Soo-won's shocked face and Hak's blank one when I was near enough to see their reactions. Hak sighed and was about to speak when he was cut off by Soo-won calling a certain crimson haired Princess.

"Yona! Come down, let me teach you how to ride a horse." Soo-won said happily as I turned my direction of sight to where Soo-won was looking at Yona.

"Soo-won!" King Il exclaimed in concern as I saw that he was next to Yona-hime behind the fences separating where we were practicing in.

I giggled as I knew where this was going. I went down my horse and held the leash and tied it up on a nearby fence. I stroked her well kept hair.

Snow, my you have grown stronger and stronger each day. I giggled as it neighed at me, like it heard my thoughts. I gave my beautiful snow haired white mare shiny red apples that I gathered for her before we went here to practice.

Beautiful apples for a beautiful horse. I placed the apples on a box in front of her as she started to eat the fruits. I then walked to Hak's side and arrived late to their conversation, not knowing why Soo-won looked nervous and why Yona-hime has a look of disbelief on her face.

Marriage offers, huh... It made sense why they had those weird expression on their faces. I noticed Soo-won glance at me for a moment as I was beside Hak giving him a steamed bun. When I turned to his direction, I saw that his gaze was still directed to Yona, making me doubt about what I saw.

"There's no point in talking to you about that." Soo-won said seriously while I was munching on my own steamed bun, an evident frown on my face.

If only you knew...

"I've been helping someone with marriage offers!" Yona said confidently as Soo-won was shocked to hear this.

"Huh? Who are they?" Soo-won said in genuine shock.

"(Y/N) from Hak!" Yona said which made me almost choke on my steamed bun that was in my mouth.

I then wiped my mouth and looked at Hak to see his reaction, he was staring at Yona-hime with a 'I can't believe you said that' look. Soo-won looked at the both of us and saw him give us a smile, a smile that felt different compared to the ones he always gives.

"I think that's wonderful, congratulations." Soo-won said as he smiled brightly.

I just showed him a small smile and nodded my head, guilt spreading like wildfire inside of me.

I was in Yona's room because she wanted to talk to me and Hak about what she said earlier. I was sitting on a chair with my head on my crossed arms that was on the desk beside her window.

"Uhhh." I groaned in annoyance as I remembered what happened earlier.

Yona was at my side, trying to calm down my gloomy mood. Which I was in ever since she told Soo-won about the marriage offer I got.

"I'm sorry for what I said, at least he won't see me as a kid anymore." Yona said as she laughed nervously.

I sighed as I lifted my head to look at Yona, making me realize that at least something good came out of this.

"At least you got what you wanted." I said as I smiled sadly at Yona, which turned into a frown when I saw her look guilty.

"Hey... it's not your fault, you wanted to prove to him that you're not supposed to be treated like a kid." I said as I stood up and placed my hands in her's.

"I'm happy that I was able to help, even if it was a lie..." I said as I smiled brightly at her, she then returned it to me with small meaningful smile.

I let go of her hands as I still kept my smile. But the mood was broken by the one and only general.

"Then why do I have to get dragged into your mess?" Hak said irritatedly which caused me to sigh in annoyance.

Did he seriously needed to say that?

"Even if what Yona said was a lie, I'm happy that she said that it was from you." I turned to look at him with a smile on my face, meaning every word I said.

"Just... don't drag me to any marriage related stuff." Hak said as he then let out another annoyed tsk.

"But hey, I'm just going to think of this as payback when you told Kang Tae-jun that we were lovers." I said with a smirk on my face when I saw Hak look more annoyed than he did before.

I was lucky enough when Hak couldn't say anything back when we then heard two pairs of footsteps coming to Yona-hime's direction. I immediately turned to the direction with a confused face but turned into a smile when I saw it was Min-soo and King-Il. I was still filled with confusion when I saw King-Il's happy self replaced with a serious face.

"Marriage offers are a good idea." King-Il said as Yona had a shocked facial expression.

"Huh?"

"Naturally, I'll choose someone suitable."

"Father?" Yona said in confusion while I frowned and bowed my head at the Emperor of Kouka Kingdom.

I know where this is going... And I'm sure that it can't be good. I could feel a pair of eyes stare at me, but I just ignored to do what I was about to do next. I lifted my head and gave an apologetic smile to King-Il.

"King Il, please excuse me. This is something important that I cannot possibly hear." I said after I bowed, King-Il nodded after a few seconds, seeing my face that was serious about what I said.

I lifted my head and went outside before bowing at Yona-hime, Hak, and Min-soo. I closed the doors behind me and walked outside, a few steps away from the room with my head hanging low.

I can't see her frowns, it makes me in pain... If I didn't went outside, I might have lost my composure in front of them... I lifted my head to see rain pouring down. It felt like, someone was staring at them with me. This made me smile a bit because of the reassurance that it was giving. I'll look for Yona after their talk. It's the best thing I could do for her, since something might have happened that she didn't agreed to.

I nodded in determination, making my way over to Yona-hime's room. But before I could get away from where I was standing a few minutes ago, I bumped into someone in which made us both fall on the floor because of my distracted state.

"I'm sorry, I should've watch where I was going." I apologized genuinely as I stood up, I extended my hand with a smile on my face.

"Here, let me help you." I said as I felt him grab my hand after a few seconds of awkward silence.

When I pulled him up, I noticed that it was Kye-sook. It was surprising to see him here alone and not by Soo-won's side. I observed him a bit while I was dusting myself because of the sudden impact that made me collide with the ground. He looks suspicious, especially when I bumped into him. He acted as if I shouldn't have seen him. He has a sword inside his robe, it's clean and sharp. It looks like he intends to use it, but for what? He made himself look visible yet not too eye catching. Maybe he's going to do something... I'll figure it out sooner or later. I'll just pretend that he's a friend for now...

"I deeply apologize for this, please let me make it up for you." I bowed at him while I was frowning.

I wanted to test him on what his reaction would be. A few seconds went by, making me feel the tension that formed in the atmosphere.

It seems as if he is hesitating... I wonder why?

"It's okay, it's nothing. I'm sorry Miss (L/N), I should at least apologize for making this seem like this was something important." Kye-sook replied before I lifted my head to see he had a serious face.

Why does it seem like he's trying not to mess up? I ignored my thought for now as I smiled at him.

"Thank you, I appreciate your humbleness." I said as my smile was still on my face.

He then nodded his head and excused himself, which I nodded back to be polite. When he was gone, my smile faltered and turned into a serious expression. I should better keep an eye out for him. He looks reallly suspicious... I turned around to go back to the direction I was supposed to be going before this happened.

As I was just a few feet away from the door, I heard quiet sniffles coming a little bit farther where the room was, I silently went to where it was coming from with curiosity taking the best of me. I was shocked at what I saw, Yona's usual star struck persona was replaced with a blank stare, looking like she was about to cry any minute from now.

I slowly walked towards Yona, frowning when she just glanced at me then continued to what she was thinking about that made her look so... dejected. I sat down beside her, seeing that she was ignoring my presence. Noticing her response made my heart crack, but I chose to ignore my reaction to her own and slowly placed my hand in hers.

"You know, your Father just wants what's best for you. I'm sure he's as sad as you are because he knows you do not agree with what he wants."

"But this is the only thing that I really wanted from him, his acceptance. Shouldn't a father be supportive about his daughter's decision, because it makes her happy? It doesn't prove that he actually cares for me..."

The smile that formed on my face left and was replaced with a frown when I saw Yona so conflicted, her mixed emotions was making her cry at what I made her think about. I squeezed her hand in reassurance as I made her look at me, giving her the most warm smile I could give to her.

"Do not doubt about your Father's love for you. He cares deeply for you, so much that I know he would sacrifice his happiness for you to see you smile, even if it gains him eternal sadness in return. I also know that he could change his decision, if you show him how much your own decision is important to you. I am sure he would listen to the daughter that he loves so dearly." I said as I intertwined our fingers, giving her the reassurance she needed to make her see that I meant every word I told her.

Yona sniffled again and was only able to nod at me, making me happy to see a small smile on her face. But before she could reply, she was cut off by the sound of nearby footsteps. My hand that was on Yona's instinctively held tightly as we turned around to see who it was. I saw a silhouette of someone that I couldn't recognize because of the moon being the only source of light.

"Hak? Is that you? I swear, if this is for what I said, it was just a joke." I said with annoyance clear in my voice, but they didn't respond, they only extended his hand in a grabbing motion.

I immediately reacted and stood up while still holding on Yona. I stood in front of her while holding the handle of my sheathed sword. I glanced at Yona-hime to see that she was scared at what's happening. I immediately frowned at the sight but kept my attention on the intruder. I don't know who they are, I can't just injure them, I don't know if they have backup and can hurt Yona while I'm fighting them off. I groaned in annoyance and gripped the handle of my sword tighter at my decision.

I made sure my grip on Yona's hand was strong and ran with her to anywhere, just far away from them. I saw a room and opened it for Yona-hime, I shoved her in before me and closed it shut. I was holding the door with my sword in case that person barges in, I listened intently for footsteps but instead heard Yona.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Yona shout for my name in fear behind me.

I quickly turned around and pointed my sword at the asshole's neck that made Yona scared, which made me have an expression on my face that showed fury. But before I could even pierce my sword, I saw that it was Soo-won with a confused yet calm face.

"S-Soo-won?!" Yona exclaimed in shock as I sighed deeply in relief.

I immediately removed my sword from Soo-won's neck and sheathed it back by the left side of my waist.

"Did I scare you two? When you two came bursting in like that, I thought you needed to talk." Soo-won said, looking like he did not just got pointed by a weapon seconds ago which caused me to sweat drop from his reaction.

I was about to speak but was cut off by a scared Princess.

"There's someone following us!" Yona exclaimed in worry, fear written all over her face.

"It's true. They tried to get us." I nodded in agreement with a look of seriousness.

Soo-won stood up from his spot next to Yona, and walked away from the both of us. He opened the door and peeked his head from the small gap to look outside from both sides.

"There's no one outside." Soo-won said after he closed the door, this made me shocked at his response.

My expression turned into a concerned one when I saw Yona-hime looking like she was panicking.

"Yona?" Soo-won said but didn't continue since I slowly went to her side and gave her gentle hug from her front.

"Don't worry, I won't let you be harmed. You'll always be safe, you have me, Hak, and Soo-won to protect you." I said as I let go of my hug and looked at her shining purple eyes on her fair face.

"As long as we're here, we won't let anything happen to you." I smiled at her with a reassuring smile.

I saw her give me a small smile which made my smile wider. She then turned to Soo-won and was about to speak, but she was cut off by the door slamming open and two pairs of footsteps stopping inside the room we were in.

"Princess Yona, Lady (Y/N)!" The first guard said as he bowed when he saw both of us.

"We heard noises coming from this direction." The second guard said seriously while joining the bow.

"Raise your heads, I'm well aware of that." I said before they raised their heads and looked at me with seriousness.

"If you heard the ruckus we made, why did you just showed yourself now?" I said seriously while raising my eyebrow at the profound guards.

When I asked my question, the first guard gulped at my straight face, but the second guard wasn't scared, he wasn't even being serious about what I said. I sighed irritatedly but kept it to myself to not show my anger.

"We were doing our rounds when we heard running and doors slamming." The first guard said.

I observed him carefully when he was talking. He's unsure of his answer. I thought about what he's feeling because of the slight nervous aura I was geting from him. It looks like when he was done talking, he wanted the other one to finish for him.

"We went here as quick as we can when we heard the noise. You should know Lady (Y/N) that we can't just get here very quickly and expect that we'll fix everything."

Right. I tsked while he was talking. The second guard said it with such confidence and clear annoyance while keeping his eyes on mine. This made me more irritated at seeing his confidence, trying to make a fool out of me.

"Oh~? I'm the one to blame?" I said as my eye twitched with a smile that was sickeningly sweet, the first guard responded with a nervous grin while the other smirked in victory

If there's one thing these so called guards don't know about me, is that they should expect that I'm going to make them regret what they said if they think I'm going to let them off so easily.

"Then tell me, why are you both here?" I asked the two as I saw them stiffen at my question.

I can see by my peripheral vision that Yona was confused and curious at what's happening, while Soo-won was intently listening at the conversation with his usual smile.

"Since it's this time of the night, you two are supposed to be doing your rounds on the other side of this part of the castle. So you can't possibly heard our ruckus since I was closing the doors swiftly but not loud enough to attract that much attention." I said seriously while they stood still with increase of sweat while gulping at everything I told them.

"I was also sure that no one was there to see what happened, and if they did, they'd have a better act put together than you two did. So it's either the one chasing us told you what happened or you two were here and slacking off." I started pacing back and forth in front of them, giving a few curious glances at them as I was tring to make them break.

"Or maybe, one of you is the one that chased me and the Princess." I said as I stopped and turned my body to face them with a mocking smile at their act that they made.

They stood still while avoiding eye contact from me. The first guard was looking at Soo-won and back at me, confused on why he looked so scared at the smiling blonde. The second guard stopped his nervous state and looked at me with confidence while smirking at himself.

"I'm sorry Lady (Y/N), but that is a wild claim to say to us guards that are just trying to do our job." He said proudly which made my smile wider at his statement.

He saw my reaction and was confused but immediately gave me a clear annoyed expression. I guess he was thinking that I wasn't taking him seriously, in which I really couldn't.

"So how did you two know that we went into this room, slamming the doors in a hurry, and that me and the Princess were the ones that were doing the noises." I said as he and the other guard looked like they stopped breathing for a moment.

I looked at Yona to see her shocked expression of me knowing what to do, I then glanced at Soo-won to see his amused face at my (Project Loki deduction skills-) answers and reasons as to how I knew about their little stunt and could call out their bluff.

"So how shall I punish you both?" I said as I smiled creepily at them this time.

I saw them shiver after I pretended I was a sick sadist for a few seconds.

"But... I'm not that kind of person." I said with a loud sigh escaping my lips.

They both reacted with being confused at what I said. I could also see that Yona was also shocked at what happened, while Soo-won was still smiling. But it didn't made me confused of why he has a dark aura around him, I just didn't knew why I had a feeling that he's angry for a different reason.

"I'm going to not tell this to any guards or the King, but in order for me to do this, I have a request for you two."

"We'll do anything you say Lady (Y/N)!" The first guard exclaimed, as it looked like he was trying to make him and the other cocky guard look suddenly obedient.

"I want you two to bring Yona-hime to her room, she isn't safe with anyone suspicious at the moment, even though you two clearly are now. But you have to bring Yona to her room with your life. And if I found out that she says anything bad about you two, or if I see her with even one scratch, I won't hesitate to kill you two." I said seriously as I faced them with a blank face.

They both shivered and nodded their heads before bowing at me and saying 'thank you' again and again. I then noticed that there was a stare directed at me and turned to its direction.

"Huh? Why are you trusting them to escort me (Y/N)?" Yona said as she looked at me confusedly with an expression of doubt.

"Just like what I said, I'm not that kind of person, and maybe there's a chance that they might be innocent." I said with another sigh.

Yona then slowly nodded her head, but I noticed she was still suspicious of the two.

"Even though their not trustworthy to me, I do trust you." I was a bit shocked to hear this, I then returned her smile as I was thankful for her kind words.

"I'm sorry for including you in our problem, but I hope you have a goodnight." Yona-hime said as she turned to Soo-won and gave him the smile that I was all too familiar with.

"No, I'm okay with including myself in both of your problems, if it means I could help, then I'll do it. And I hope you have a goodnight too." Soo-won said as he ruffled Yona's hair earning a small blush from her cheeks.

She nodded happily and said goodbye to both of her friends in front of her before she went outside the room and was escorted by the two guards.

"I assume that you want to speak to me about something important?" Soo-won said as I turned to his direction and was a bit shock at his right answer.

"It's all over my face, huh? I actually wanted to ask you why you treat Yona that way..." I said as I trailed off at the memory of him treating Yona and wasn't aware of her love for him.

Soo-won looked at me in confusion while slightly tilting his head to the side.

"What do you mean? She's like a sister to me, that's why I treat her that way." Soo-won said which earned a disappointed sigh from me.

Why are the people that someone loves always so dense...

"What else? I know that this isn't the only reason you stayed." Soo-won said seriously, this made rub the back of my neck nervously while smiling sheepishly at his question.

"Well... you see." I said as I sighed again but in annoyance because I was hesitant of telling him.

I shrugged off the feeling and nervousness when I looked at him seriously.

"What do you think of what Yona said?" I said seriously while hiding my sadness about the lie.

I saw that Soo-won was a bit shocked at my question, but it didn't last a while since he just gave me his smile. But it was the smile that he gave when he heard about the marriage offers Yona said to him.

"I'm happy for the two of you, my two best friends are of course engaged, how could I not be?" He said while smiling brightly at me.

I frowned thinking that he believed a lie, but it made me confused on why I was upset about it. I went to touch him on the shoulder but was cut off by a slap on my extended hand. My eyes widened at his reaction, I just wanted to tell him the truth...

"I'm sorry but... Please don't get too close. I might think that what you said was a..." Soo-won said as he walked a few ways apart from my spot with his back faced to me while trailing off at the last sentence he said.

I moved two feet close to him with a serious face.

"What if it is?"

"Then, I might start to think that I see you as a woman." Soo-won said as he turned to face me while placing his palm on his forehead with a small blush on his cheeks.

My serious face went away when he stopped speaking, I became shocked at what he said, but immediately turned confused.

"Then how do you think of me?" I asked as I tilted my head.

"Huh? Well, uh... Like a little sister." Soo-won said as I became more confused.

"Then why did you said woman?" I asked as I saw him blushing more while holding his head, avoiding eye contact.

"Sorry. I just don't know... what to do in situations like this."

Cute... How about I tease him a bit? I giggled quietly as I was about to speak.

"Oh~? What about those marriage offers?" I asked as I step a bit closer to him while my right hand holding my hip and a playful smirk on my face as he immediately turned to me while looking shocked.

"I just meant I've been getting them. I can't even imagine getting married yet."

She still has a chance! I had an unnoticeable smile on my face at my thought. I then became confused when a certain question popped in my head.

"Soo-won. Do you... think of me as a woman?" I asked him again, my smirk quickly faded and my hand was just on my side as I tilted my head.

He held his mouth while he was blushing again, why is he even blushing? Is he embarrassed about this?

"Well... More or less. I can't hold your hand anymore, stay with you alone with no important business at all, and I can't be with you for long since I'm always busy."

I was about to speak but was again cut off by a sound of knocking. The doors opened to show the two guards.

"Lady (Y/N)!" They both said as they bowed at me.

"You may lift your heads and speak."

"The Princess is now safe in her room."

"We told guards to protect her door so that nothing will happen to her like you wished."

"I'll be the judge of that and see if anything happened to Yona-hime" I said as I dismissed them, to which they immediately did when commanded.

I turned to Soo-won and frowned at the sudden turn of events.

"It looks like I have to cut this conversation short again." I said as I sighed in annoyance.

"Yona's safety is more important than our conversation, you know that." He gave me a warm smile as I returned it and bowed in respect of the male before me.

"Well, just know that no matter how you think of me, just know that I'll always be with you. I do believe that what you say is the truth." I said as I smiled warmly at him and hugged him then said goodbye.

I didn't waited to see his reaction since Yona is about to sleep so I hurried and left.

Soo-won's POV
(Y/N) hugged me then left with a goodbye and hurried to Yona to see if she was safe from the guards that escorted her before. When she left, I felt my heart ache at what she said. It kept ringing and ringing in my head.

'I'll always be with you. I do believe that what you say is the truth.' Hearing it echo in my head for the sixth time made me frown, but I ignored it and went on with the day.

"You believe in me?" I said as I walked to the door to go discuss some important matters concerning those guards with Kye-sook. But there was one thought in my head that was still there when (Y/N) left.

'Will You Trust Me? Even after everything that will happen...'

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Published:
6/11/20

Fun Author Fact: When I was making this chapter, I saw that Hak is 18 years old in the manga of this chapter. So I still made (Y/N) 18 but months younger than Hak. And also, I made (Y/N) call Yona 'Yona-hime' since she knew her as someone that is higher than her and someone that she serves, but she sometimes forgets to add 'hime' on certain occasions.

Please give me feedback by voting or commenting, it helps me sleep at night— I mean it helps me know what you think of the chapters and it lets me know if you're enjoying it. Here's an icecream if you've already done that: 🍦

Remember to stay safe (especially in these times), sleep well, and keep shining my lovely starlights!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344K 11.9K 44
(COMPLETED) Meet Yona, the cherished princess of the 'peaceful' kingdom of Kouka. When something terrible happens on the night of her sixteenth birth...
205K 10.2K 200
Shin-ah x OC "I told you once, a long time ago, that you would have to choose which lives to save." Steel eyes flashed in the moonlight. "You choose...
57 7 9
Habromania (N.) the delusion of happiness ~~~~~~~~~~~ A story of a girl who fell and woke up somewhere unfamiliar, somewhere that she has only seen...
145K 4.1K 54
[BOOK 1: THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES] Published: [05/03/2017] Completed: [22/09/2017] HIGHEST RANKINGS: #2 in Assassin [04/12/2018] #19 in Anime [24/11/201...