Arabella Academy: Perfectly I...

By musembee

***NOW A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY*** [Book One of the Arabella Academy Series] Four teenagers, one dead girl an... More

Welcome to Arabella Academy
A Note For The Judges
Achievements
Character Inspiration
1. Super Brawl
2. The Wages Of Sin...
3. Sergeant Marcus Reporting For Toilet Duty Sir!
5. Wait, Am I A Suspect?
6. Situational Irony
7. Emotional Turmoil
8. Encounters Of The Bizarre Kind
9. Salt To The Injury
10. The Truth Will Come Out, It Always Does
11. Of Things Kept Under Wraps
12. Old Bob's Abandoned Garage
13. A Bolt From The Blue
14. Murder 2.0
15. Retractions and Aspirations
16. Stressed Out
17. The Tenacious Three... And A Plan Gone Wrong
18. S.H.I.T.
19. The Spaniard
20. The Expiravit Of Middlewood
21. Plan Of Action
22. Double Date: Part One
23. Double Date: Part Two
24. Amateur Spies
25. Interrogation
26. The Managing Director
27. Bad Blood
28. Like Father Like Son
29. Reparation
30. Surprise Visit
31. The Three 'Muskecheaters'
32. Pride Day: Part One
33. Pride Day: Part Two
34. Pride Day: Part Three
35. Pride Day: Part Four
36. Back At Old Bob's
37. The Lost Sheep
38. A Friend In Need....
39. Mission Retrieval
40. Memories We Lost
41. Of Entanglements
42. The Grief Cycle
43. Room 34
44. Third Death's A Charm
45. Surveillance Here, Surveillance There, Surveillance Everywhere
46. La Luz Del Sol
47. Perfectly Imperfect
48. Ghosts Of The Past
49. Truth-seeking
50. Blueprints & Death Prints
51. The Thanks Of Donkeys
52. Dying Wishes
53. Rain In The Summer
54. Denials
55. Broken Promises
Book Finale Trailer
56. Justice For Sheila: Part One
57. Justice For Sheila: Part Two
58. The Storm After The Calm
Epilogue
Arabella Academy: The Collectors
Book Two: Sneak Peek

4. The Murder

236 40 26
By musembee

Never mistake my silence for weakness. No one plans a murder out loud.

~Anonymous

***

Marcus' half-closed eyes glanced at the clock.

7:45

"Shit!"

He sprang from his bed and rushed to the bathroom. Toothbrush in mouth, he undressed and turned the shower on. School started at exactly eight o'clock and he couldn't even find his clothes.

Shaking into yesterday's trousers and a loose black t-shirt he swung his backpack and ran the down the stairs. He could feel the drops of water slipping into his clothes from his hair and he raked his fingers through them.

"Mom?!" He called out as he made his way to the dining room.

Jane sat on a chair, face placed on her wrist and a little frown playing on her lips. Her eyes were plastered to the floor, as her mind travelled.

"So, you wouldn't even wake me up?"

His mother sighed.

Reading the time on his watch, he grabbed an apple and began his sprint to school. "Bye Mom!"

He slammed the door behind him with a frown and increased his pace.

Marcus' socks threatened to slip out his shoes as his sweat-drenched body wobbled for the school doors.

"Eight seventeen," he panted. "I'm fucking dead."

Armed with an emotional explanation that his poor mother was unwell and he had to stay back to take care of her, he rushed forward to class, his fake tears at bay.

He paused at his class door, chest rising and dropping rapidly. He took in slow breaths, wiping his sweat away, squeezing his shirt and fixing his hair, and then he opened the door.

"What the hell?"he snapped.

The silent class and empty chairs greeted him as he walked in. No one was in attendance. Did they skip?

"No way, Gregory would never skip," he murmured to himself. Kid was way too serious.

Muffled sobs brought Marcus out of the classroom as two girls approached, their hands to their mouths, as tears streamed down their faces. Jeff came to sight and once the two boys locked eyes, their pace quickened.

"What the fuck happened Jeff? Did someone die?"

"Yes."

Marcus staggered back. "What?"

"Sheila's body was found in the auditorium, and from what I'm hearing its a pretty ugly sight." He turned on his heel. "C'mon."

"Bloody hell!" Marcus gasped as he took a step back. He turned his back to the body and shut his eyes.

Sheila's body lay at the centre of the auditorium, bisected from the waist, with her intestines scooped out and tucked in her buttcrack. Her legs were spread apart in a straight ballerina split and her elbows were both bent at ninety degrees. The slit from her ear extended from ear to ear in a maniacal joker-like smile, and her broken nose was painted with dry blood. Finally, her breasts were slashed into two, the nipples sliced and tucked into her nostrils.

Marcus' hand slapped his mouth shut, as his digested apple breakfast threatened to make way.

"Who the fuck does that?" Marcus grumbled as the boys walked out the auditorium. More students piled in to see the body before the teachers closed it down. Marcus frowned as they walked. His morning officially ruined.

"Didn't you extend your time here in school yesterday? Surely you must have seen something."

Marcus punched his arm. "Keep your voice down idiot," he whispered and looked over his shoulder. "Don't you know how gossip flies around here?"

"Sorry sorry," Jeff said. "But did you see anything?"

"I didn't see shit, okay. Okay?"

Jeff slowly nodded and the two boys walked to class.

In the corner of the hall stood Elli, popularly known as Big Ears. The girl had average looking ears but earned her name through her ability to hear the lowest of whispers and tell her friends the latest at Arabella Academy, and that was not going to change today.

"Did you know Marcus was here yesterday?" Elli told her group of friends.

"Which one?" one of the girls asked.

"The troublemaker."

"Really? He was here..."

And so the train of Arabella gossip boarded.

"Did you know Nilla's boyfriend Marcus was here yesterday?"

"Did you hear? Marcus broke up with his girlfriend yesterday and stayed back in school..."

"I heard Marcus was with a girl when Sheila was killed..."

"Marcus saw Sheila being killed..."

"Did you hear the news? Marcus killed Sheila!"

By lunch, the teaching staff and the police force had managed to calm down the entire school. Well, all but one student.

Marcus shifted uncomfortably in his seat as the glares from his back tore down at his hair.

Tommy, one of his classmates walked up to his desk and asked, "Did you really do it?"

"NO!" Marcus shouted. "For the thousandth bloody time No! I didn't even know she was in school at the time! I did my fucking punishment and left. I did no killing and I saw no murder? And Nilla is not my girlfriend! Kapeesh?"

Tommy backed away, "Sorry, dude."

Marcus grumbled and sank into his seat. He knew he didn't believe him. Nobody did.

"Don't mind them," Jeff whispered from the side.

Marcus rested his head on the table and sighed. Why would anyone kill Sheila in the first place?

She was sweet. Her brain could account for every student in the school, she was pretty and nice. What could she possibly have done? What did this all mean now? Would he be blamed? Taken to jail? Marcus gulped silently.

My mother would surely die there and then.

"You're innocent you fool," he grumbled to himself.

"Marcus," Job, Marcus' class teacher called and Marcus lifted his head.

"Yes?"

"You've been summoned to the principal's office."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 11.7K 32
Elisa is on the run from her parents' past, and the rucksack full of secrets that she carries is key to protecting her estranged brothers from an uns...
1.2K 184 44
NOW PUBLISHED IN PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! IF YOU WANT TO ADD IT TO YOUR SHELF, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY BIO NOW!!! OR CLICK HERE:- https://www.amazon...
20.8K 7.2K 39
☆A Wattpad Featured Story☆ "That look on your face turns me on, sweetpea." A vicious grin whipped across Irvine's face. "You're as gullible as you we...
White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...