The Cat and the Schnee (Winte...

By Raikishin

Y/n L/n a young night club owner that wants to give some life to the depressing city of Mantle. 1# Schnee as... More

Prolouge
Night in Mantle
Day Off
Date night
Copy Cat
Invitation
Party Crasher
A Step Back
Bad Habits

A Master Thief

5.8K 124 38
By Raikishin

Gin and Sara stared at each other for what felt like forever, that was until the two heard a slow clapping followed by a low chuckle. Sara and Gin both turned their attention to Dimitri who had taken a seat and looked clearly amused.

Dimitri: Wow the boy is smarter than I gave him credit for. So tell me kid how'd you manage to figure out it was her?

Gin broke eye contact with his friend only to glare at Dimitri defiantly, Sara stayed silent.

Dimitri: Well go on, I won't bite.

Taking a knife from his jacket and stabbing it into the table. Dimitri gave Gin a malicious smile.

Dimitri: unless you give me reason to.

Gin:.....

Realizing just threatening words wouldn't get anywhere, Dimitri decided to see how long the boy's bravado would hold out, but as if reading his mind Sara had already placed her claws at the base of Dimitri's throat.

Sara: *menacingly* Don't even think about it.

Dimitri: *Hands raised* Now now I was only joking, no need to get so catty.

Gin: It was at the party.

Sara stays stoned faced while Dimitri continues to smile in amusement.

Gin: I couldn't figure out what you'd want from a fundraiser that's when it hit me, the fundraiser wasn't your target it was the Atlas Military weapons depot not far from the venue. Which coincidentally happens to be where I lost track of Sara's scroll signal. But there's no way you'd be able to steal much with the amount of people that you used even with Sara's help.

The smile on Dimitri's face widens, to the point where even his teeth started to show, leaning back in his chair he lets out a harty laugh.

Dimitri: Brilliant, and all that from the comfort of your bedroom, you could give a certain doctor I know a run for his money. That being said why don't you join up with me? I could really use your kind of talent.

Gin: You're out of your mind if you think that'll happen, I don't care what you do to me I'll never help you.

Dimitri: (smirks) I believe you but see I don't have to do anything to you specifically to get the results I want.

The brave expression on Gin's face starts to crumble fearing the worse, Sara then steps in front of Gin, blocking Dimitri's view and gives him a challenging look.

Sara: (glaring) Thats enough, I'm sure you have more important things to be doing than intimidating him.

Raising his hands in mock surrender Dimitri turns away and head towards the exit.

Dimitri: Fine fine I am a man of my word after all, besides I still have preparations to make for the festival.

Gin: Whatever you have plan the military or Y/n will stop you!

Dimitri:*chuckles* I definitely expect them to try. *leaves room*

King Crimson!!! (Timeskip)

The following day you found yourself in inside the club stuck with a pile of paperwork piled in front of you. With all the side work you've been juggling, all the club work was getting backed up, employees needed their pay, new renovations needed to be made and drink shipments need to be processed.

You: *groans* Gods, where's Gin when I need him?

Kuzan: Hey there boss having fun?

You: *glares* Does it look like I'm having fun? Have you heard anything from Sara or Gin? I keep calling them but I got no answers.

Kuzan: Nope but you know how it is, he's probably helping out his pops with some big new Atlas experiment or some other nerd junk. As for Sara.... (shrugs) I got no clue, you know she doesn't tell me about her private life.

Letting out a sigh you slam your head down on the bar in defeat, Gin was a wiz with the paper work so you usually left it to him, so much so that you fell out of touch with doing it yourself. Kuzan poured himself a drink before skimming through the pile of papers in front of you.

Kuzan: You know... I could probably lend you a hand if you want.

You: You? On paper work, since when?

With a smirk he takes one of the sheets in front of you and after quickly scanning it over, he rest it back on the table, he then points out several mistakes on your part.

You: Alright say less, I'll leave the rest to you then.

Kuzan: Hey is that how you thank someone for doing you a favor?

You: Well you technically don't get paid unless it's gets done, so are you really doing me a favor?

Kuzan: Hmm I see your point.

Sliding half the stack of papers towards Kuzan, you swiped the drink away from him for yourself before continuing to work, to your surprise the rest of it went faster than you expected. Signing off the last sheet, you slouched back against the bar and let out a sigh.

Kuzan: So how are things going between you and the ice queen? From what I've heard you two had quite the time at that party.

You raised a eyebrow at Kuzan for his sudden question.

You: That's new, you taking an interest in my personal life.

Kuzan: Well it's not often I see you so fixated on one woman, a Schnee no less. Just don't want to see this blow up in all our faces, y'know with her being military and all.

You: Don't worry so much, I've been at this long enough to know how to not get caught.

Kuzan: Thats not what I meant, there's plenty of other low risk girls out there, and besides she's a Schnee how do you think she'll react if she finds out your a faunus.

You: (glaring) Kuzan I'm only going to tell you this once, mind your own business.

Kuzan backs off and goes to pour himself another drink, you one the other hand started to reminisce about the last days you spent with your grandfather and the first time you met Winter Schnee, your final test to steal from the Schnee Manor.

Flashback
10 Years ago

One of the first lessons grandpa Cooper ever taught Y/n when it came to being a thief was to never steal from the regular civilians. There's no honor, no challenge and most importantly no fun, if you wanted to prove yourself as a master thief then you have to beat the real crooks of the world at their own game and the biggest crook in Atlas would be the current head of the SDC, Jacques Schnee.

Cooper: Alright kiddo this is the final test to prove your potential as a thief, the goal is to get in and steal one item of value

You(14 y/o): And what if I get caught.

Cooper: (shrugs) Then I guess this was just as far as you were meant to go. Do you want to back out?

Flashing grandpa Cooper a smug grin you started towards the Schnee manor gate.

You: Where's the fun in that?

Cooper nods and returns the grin as you expertly scaled the gate, before unlocking your semblance you had difficulties but now it was a breeze. From the fence you quickly made your way closer to the house while sticking to the shadows to avoid the guards patrolling the grounds. After a few minutes you made it to the manor.

You: (scoffs) This is a cake walk

A low beep rings in your ear and after pushing the button you could hear Coopers voice.

Cooper: Not bad, smart move sticking to the shadows but this was the easy part. Once your inside you'll be completely on your own. There's no shame in backing down now you know.

You: Oh ye of little faith, just wait for me I'll be back in a jiffy.

Picking the lock on one of the windows you slipped into the house unnoticed, or so you thought. At the bottom of the window was a slow blinking red light.

You: Shit that's not good.

You could already hear the sound of chatter in the distance. You bolted down the hall, as you ran a door suddenly opens and out walked a girl in a blue night gown, you recognized her as Winter Schnee,

Y/n froze as his eyes met with the long white haired girl standing in front of him, for a mont moment you thought that she would scream for help but her sharp blue eyes only stared at you quizzically.

Winter: Who are you? Judging by the way you are dressed you're not one of our staff, an intruder?

Snapping back to your senses you turned to bolt away from her but before you could get very far you felt a hard yank on your tail. A loud half yell half hiss escapes from your mouth before you covered it, in one swift movement she pushed you into her room and closed the door behind her as the guards arrived.

Guard: Miss Schnee it's not safe for you to be outside of your room right now, we've received reports of an intruder within the manor.

Winter: I've seen no one suspicious but there were some strange noises coming from down the hall.

She points her finger down the hall, the two guards nod at each other before running in search of the supposed noise. Winter breaths a sigh of relief before entering the room she tossed you in.

You:(massaging tail) Geez why would you just grab my tail like that?

Winter: Considering that you're an intruder in my home, I believe that would be considered a suitable punishment.

You: Ugh still hurt ice Queen.

While still nursing your tail, Winter took the opportunity to snatch the mask off your face. Before you could cover your face she leaned down to examine you.

Winter: Hmmm not what I was expecting...  I surmised your were young but you're a lot more handsome than I expected.

Heat started to raise to your cheeks.

You: Huh?

Ignoring your reaction Winter only proceeded to bombard you with questions.

Winter: What brings you here? Who sent you? How many of you are there? Depending on your answers I'll decide the appropriate steps to take in dealing with you.

You were pretty confident in your ability to get away but looking around the room you were currently in, you could see the numerous weapons along the wall, most of which were light weight and most likely custom made for a teen girl, like the one in front of you.

You: I'm alone ok, I was challenged to see if I could steal an item of value from your house.

It wasn't a complete lie but judging from Winter's brows she seemed to be buying it. She lets out a sigh before turning away and going towards a night table, you tensed ready to make a break for it but she quickly comes back holding something shiny out to you, it was a silver brooch in the shape of a snowflake.

You: (confused) What's this?

Winter: You needed something of value correct? I'm not overly materialistic so I'm giving this to you.

You: Um ok but why though?

Winter: I guess you could say I'm unsatisfied with my current life, there are very few people I can trust because of my status.

You: And you think you could trust someone that just tried to steal from you?

Winter: No but there's something in your eyes that are like mine, you're not satisfied with your way of life either.

You remained silent and reached out your hand to take it when your fingers touched hers, you hesitated but Winter who was growing impatient grabs your hand, places the brooch in it and closes your fingers around it.

You: (blushing) Um thanks... I guess.

Winter: Don't thank me...  anyway we need to think of a way to get you out without being seen.

You: (puts mask back on) Don't worry about me I'll be fine. (Opens window)

Winter: You should really avoid doing stupid challenges in the future, it might not work out as well next time.

You: It wasn't so bad, after all I got to meet a cute girl after all.

The cold expression on the ice Queen's face broke for  the first time and she blushes at your words.

Winter: (blushing) You dolt. (Turns away)

With a laugh you take the window back outside, from there you hurried back to meet up with grandpa Cooper. From the look on his face he was clearly in a panic before he saw you coming back.

Cooper: Damnit boy, what the hell happened in there?

Retrieving the brooch you got from Winter from your pocket you showed him, all while keeping a smug smile on your face.

You: So did I pass?

Cooper let's out a laugh and slaps you hard on the back in praise.

Cooper: Damn right you did.

Flashback End

You were brought out of your thoughts a hand waving in front of your face, glancing up it was Kuzan.

Kuzan: Hey Boss we should probably be getting things together soon, before people start showing up.

You: Actually I'll leave that to you I'm gonna go out for a walk... to clear my head.

Kuzan: Wait but if you go what about this place?

You: You're in charge tonight, just make sure not to burn the place down alright.

You patted his shoulder as you made your way to the exit.

Kuzan: (sighs) Sure thing boss.

Chapter End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 489 25
Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or the cover photo. The only thing that I do own is the plot. Ever since the Schnee Dust Company has ruined your family...
60K 759 41
Y/N Schnee is the twin brother of Weiss Schnee. Unlike his sister and father, Y/N actually cares about the Faunus, but due to his reputation as a Sch...
20.2K 404 17
After living within the cold walls of the facility, (Y/N) is eventually released and forced to wander the world of remnant. Will he become the hero h...
46.9K 756 18
Y/N L/N was an average young man whose normal life drastically changed when he woke up in the middle of the woods, not knowing how he got there. Thin...