THE SECOND HEROINE || extraor...

By LCVERYU

Oh Ara wakes up two weeks after the car accident that killed her parents. She continues to live her life with... More

THE SECOND HEROINE
prologue: voices
1: no memories
2: first day
3: lee dohwa
4: self-aware
5: jinmichae
6: explanations
<OST PLAYLIST PT. 1>
7: the manhwa world
8: eun danoh
9: the black hole in the middle of the air
10: explanations, again.
11: getting friendly
12: it's time for you to know
13: crown princess hyun seol
<OST PLAYLIST PT. 2>
14: what an eventful day
15: when realization hits you so hard
16: wait... what just happened?
17: our little moments, our new memories
18: the promises that are close to my heart
19: Danoh goes crazy and here I am falling for her fiancee
20: before Eun Danoh, there was Hyun Seol
< TAG! YOU'RE IT! >
22: a change of stage
23: the black knights
24: an old friend
25: the hyun reunion
26: the weird stage
27: finding haru
28. haru is here
29. your eyes tell
30. dohwa is aware
31. the little boy
32. the comfort in silence
33. a change of mind
34. the stage, version b
🌼NOT AN UPDATE! BUT PLS READ!🌼
🌼 PLEASE READ !! 🌼
35: let's hang out!
36: this looks really familiar
37: before summer break
38: some things never change

21: the two girls with illnesses

2.7K 95 33
By LCVERYU

[ during the last subject ]

Dear diary,

I had those dreams again last night. The dreams where Jinmichae, Danoh, Kyung and Haru are in. Why am I remembering my past self's memories and not the memories of this life? Does the Writer even know what's happening to me? Do I need to remember my past life before retrieving my lost memories as Oh Ara?

Just why am I the only one going through this?

What's so important about me? I'm not even the Heroine of Secret. Just the Second Female Lead. 

Always second...

"Wait, second..." I muttered under my breath as I stopped writing. "I was once treated like I was the Heroine back in Trumpet Creeper, but then another Noble Lady came into the picture... Who was it though? It couldn't have been Juda..."

Then my eyes went wide when I realized who it was. "Oh... Right... Danoh."

Will she remember her past life, too?

[ present time ]

"What do you wanna do at the beach?" He asked as he walks beside me on my left, blocking the side of the road for me.

I shrugged. "Watch the sunset, I guess? I don't know..."

"How about we try to relive the childhood memories you've forgotten?"

I sighed at the memory of Kyung's plans to go to the beach. Even after Trumpet Creeper, the boy still wants to see the ocean. He may not remember it mentally, yet. But his heart does, and I won't give up on him. He needs to remember.

"Yo! Ara!" Dohwa calls out and I quickly heard the pages being flipped after I placed my diary back in my backpack.

I mentally rolled my eyes at his wrong timing and wished that the Writer would stop being so rude to my poor best friend.

사작!

"Ara, you have a meeting with Dr. Yeo, okay? Once we get to the hospital, you'll go up to the third floor and I'll be down at the Pharmacy since you need a new set of inhalers," Namju spoke up as the stage started. 

Stage Me just nodded her head while placing the extra helmet on top of her head. Namju turns his head to the right and asked through his black helmet, "Are you ready, Ra?"

Stage Me said a quick 'yes' as I mentally choked on my nonexistent saliva. Namju just called me 'Ra'--- Damn you, Writer! This is a sick joke! Only Haru can call me that!

Now, that I remember half of my memories of my past self, I can recall some scenes or lines that the Writer re-used for his new characters in Secret. Like those secret hangouts that Prince Kyung and old me did, the Writer would use those scenes in Secret between me and Dohwa. 

And let me tell you something. I don't like it one bit. Those scenes were mine and Kyung's only. Those scenes were our old memories. My memories. I can't believe how the Writer could be such a jerk!

Namju starts the engine of his motorbike and the scene changes. Stage Me is already walking inside the hospital with her cousin beside her. I mentally sighed and wondered when I can gain control of my body again, but nothing different has happened, yet. So, I just let the stage be and watched as it unfolds in front of me. Stage Me had a quick chat with her Lungs Doctor, aka Dr. Yeo, who is actually Dohwa's mother. 

So, everyone in the family are doctors... Does that mean that the sweet, dorky Lee Dohwa will use a scalpel in his future? Oof, if there'll be a future at the end of this story of course... Aish! Stop thinking so negative, Ara!

I mentally rolled my eyes at my own thoughts and for a second I thought it was Stage Me who rolled her eyes, but then the stage ended and I pumped my fist up into the air, making Dr. Yeo look at me with a small smile on her face.

"So, how are you and my son? Are you two still hanging out?" Dr. Yeo asked after I smiled back at her.

I laughed softly and nodded my head. "Yes, Auntie, we are still hanging out, but Dohwa may sometimes need to step away from his violin and manhwas."

Dr. Yeo laughs as she replies back with a  glint in her eyes, "Oh, dear. He's still paying more attention to those and... not you?"

I gulped my non-existing saliva and nervously laughed. "Auntie, there's nothing going on between us-"

Then she cuts me off. "Yet!"

I mentally sighed and faked a smile. "Omo, Auntie! Please, it's not like that. Really. Dohwa and I are really good friends," I exclaimed while making an 'x' with my hands.

"Alright, alright," Dr. Yeo said while standing up. "I'll let this one slide for tonight. You can go now, Ara-ssi."

I faked another smile and bowed my head. Then I left the office and walked out into the hallway. I quickly took my phone out and sent Namju a text asking him if he's finished getting my new inhalers at the pharmacy. I didn't get his reply until I reached the elevators and due to the low signal, I wasn't able to send him another text. So, I waited until I got out of the elevator, but when I walked out into the first floor, I heard Dohwa and Danoh's voices.

I put my phone back inside my coat's pocket and looked around for my two friends. Then I see Danoh pulling Dohwa to the Emergency Exit of the hospital. I crossed my eyebrows at what I was seeing and decided to follow the two. I quietly opened the door and saw Dohwa's back flat on the wall and Danoh's face closing in to his.

I faked a cough and asked, "What's with the two of you? Danoh, don't tell me you've fallen for this dork?"

"A-ARA!" Dohwa shouts in surprise and pushes Danoh away from him, making her stumble backwards, but luckily the other girl found her balance before falling on her butt.

Then Dohwa continues on when I walked in and closed the door behind me. "It's not wh-what it l-looks like!" He exclaims, making me raise my left eyebrow.

That made Dohwa whimper, then I started to laugh and said in between, "S-sorry... I... That... was just... hilarious! You should ha-have... seen your face, Dohwa!"

Danoh shakes her head at my teasing towards my best friend, then Dohwa pouts and said, "Not funny, Ara! I thought you were angry---" He stops in mid sentence when he realizes what he just said and fakes a cough. "Um... I have to go and give these to my older brother," Dohwa continues on, changing the topic while showing me the bag of food that he was holding.

I smiled and patted his shoulder. "Go on, Dohwa," I spoke up with a small laugh. "I'll just forget what you said earlier. Oh, wait! Right, I'm aware, I can't really forget stuff like you and the others."

Dohwa looks at me in confusion and then back at Danoh. "You even got Ara to play with your joke?" He asked, sounding a little annoyed.

"It's not a joke, Dohwa! We are really characters in a manhwa, and Ara and I are aware of it all, except for you and the others," Danoh exclaims while waving her hands around.

I crossed both of my arms together and said to Dohwa, "Don't worry, Do. I bet that you'll be aware soon. Then you'll be able to understand by what Danoh and I just told you today."

Then I heard the sounds of the pages being flipped again and groaned. I looked at Danoh and said, "A stage will be starting soon. I think  Namju and I will be leaving in a few minutes after bumping into Dohwa and his older brother."

Danoh's eyes went wide. "YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE NEXT STAGES?!"

"What? No, I can't--- Huh? You can see the next stages?" I asked in shock.

The other girl nodded her head and then the sound of pages being flipped got even more louder than before. "Well, I'll see you soon, I guess," I said to Dohwa, who is trying to keep up with whatever Danoh and I just randomly dumped in front of him.

Then I waved at Danoh, who smiled back and mouthed 'I'll text you later', and I left the two behind.

사작!

"What did Dr. Yeo tell you, Ara?" Namju asked as Stage Me reunited with her cousin.

"Just to be more extra careful since my asthma is coming back after the coma and to not join any activities that may trigger it," Stage Me answers back while placing one side of her hair behind her.

Namju nods his head, looking like he expected those words from Dr. Yeo, and then he stops and smiles. "Well, well, look at who is here," He exclaims while nodding his head at someone.

Stage Me looks at whoever Namju was nodding at and blushes. I mentally groaned when I saw who it was.

Lee Dohwa is talking to his older brother while handing him the bag of food and Namju's already dragging Stage Me to the two Lee brothers. Stage Me kept telling him not to let her do such activities that may start her asthma, but Namju didn't listen. The young 18-year-old wants to help his cousin win the heart of his best friend. After all, aside from Dohwa's family, Namju also ships the two.

"Dohwa! Joohwa hyung!" Namju calls out while Stage Me hits his arm continuously.

Then she stops when the two Lee brothers turn their heads and smiles at the two Oh cousins. Namju bows at Joohwa and so did Stage Me after gazing into Dohwa's eyes that were already on her.

"Hello, Namju, Ara," Joohwa greets with a big smile on his face. "It's nice to see you two, but seeing you here where I work... Hmm, did something happened? Ara?"

Stage Me pouts and looks at Namju, who chuckles at her look. "Ara just went to visit your mother for her check-up," He answers with a small shrug.

Then Dohwa looked at Ara in worry and asked, "Your asthma is back?"

Ugh... Weren't you there when it happened?

Oh... Right, that was in the Shadow...

Stage Me nods her head with a nervous smile. Then she said softly, "Don't worry, Dohwa. I'm feeling better now."

Dohwa smiles in relief, but I can see the worry still lingering in his eyes. "Well, I hope nothing bad would happen to my best friend," He exclaims, making Stage Me feel... sad?

Was it because Dohwa called her his best friend? Jeez, girl! You're technically best friends!

Ugh! Why am I talking in third p.o.v.?

The stage ended right after Dohwa said 'best friend' and I'm back in control of my body. I clasped my hands together in triumph when I realized that what I said to Danoh and Dohwa about the 'next stage' actually came true. 

Well, it was just too obvious. The Writer really needs to make up new and original scenes next time.

"Come on, Nami! I'm hungry!" I said out loud as I grabbed my cousin's left arm. Then  I looked over at the Lee brothers and bowed with a smile. "Nice seeing you, Joohwa oppa! And, Dohwa, I really do hope that you'll be aware soon. It sucks to keep acting like the Stage Me around you, and I hate to lie to you, too."

Then I pulled Namju to the exit of the hospital and in a couple of minutes, Namju and I are on our way back home with questions about why I didn't ask Dohwa to take me back home instead, and my answer for Namju's questions was a simple slap at the side of his head.

Danoh did texted me that night. I just didn't see it until Namju and I finished our dinner of Hawaiian Pizza and Meat Supreme Pizza. I've just finished washing up and changing into my pajamas when I replied back to my friend.

Danoooh

Hello, Araaa!! 😊

So, about the visions that I get for the next stages...

You still want to talk about it, or tomorrow at school?

Ararara

Heyyy, Dani! 😆

We can talk about it now. Slr. 😅

I just saw your text right after dinner with Namju.

Danoooh

Oooh! What did you, Oh cousins, ate this time? Lobsters with rice wine to tender its meat? Curry with fried rice? Roast Duck with barbequed vegetables and pumpkin soup? 😅

Ararara

Wait... What's with the extravagant menus?

AHAHAHA

Oh, my dear Danoh, just because my Auntie is one of the richest women in this country... 

It doesn't mean that Namju and I always eat a rich person's type of food.  

Plus, Auntie isn't home. So, we just ordered pizza. 😂

Danoooh

Hahaha sorry, Ara. I thought you and Namju would get something like those kind of stuff. 😂😂😂

Anyways, my visions...

I saw one before I found out that I wasn't the Heroine of this manhwa.

Ararara

Nah, it's okay. 😊

Oh? What did you see??

Danoooh

I saw Juda and I fall to the floor in the cafeteria.

And her tray of food was thrown all over the both of us. 😕

Ararara

Wait... So, that day in the cafeteria... 

Dohwa told me that one of the girls in our class tripped Juda and that was what caused the accident. Right? 😅

Danoooh

Yes, that's right.
But I was also in that stage.

When I first saw my vision of what would happen, I tried to stay out of it, but I ended up still being a part of Juda's accident in thr cafeteria. 😞

I was about to type down my next message when I heard tge pages being flipped once again. I sighed and sent a quick text to Danoh.

Ararara

Pages flipping again. 😐😑
See you in a few!

사작!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A/n:

WAAAAAAH!!

FINALLYYYY I updated 😂😂😂😂

It's 2 am right now AHAHA and I'm actually using my phone just to finish the ending of this chapter. 😅

Btw, before Chapter 22 will be coming ouuut...

I was wondering if you guys have any questions for the story so far... 😅

Or,  if you don't want a Q&A, then how about the 20 Questions from me and I'll just tag 10 of you in my next author's note?

Just comment here on what you guys want...

(Q&A about the story and characters so far, or the 20 Questions with 10 Tags?)

I hope y'all are okay and safe!! Stay healthy, guys! 💕💕💕

-k

[ not yet edited ]

Words: 2475

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 14.3K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
702K 43K 107
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1M 33.9K 61
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...