18: the promises that are close to my heart

I'm still in the school's clinic even after hearing the damn sound. Dohwa disappeared right in front of me before he could comfort me. Everything is back to its place. Namju must be in a new stage with Juda. Dohwa must be playing with his violin in his music class. Danoh could be in another sad stage with Kyung. And here I am sulking away. All alone in an empty room. While everyone plays out their role in this messed up world, they've absolutely forgotten that their friend had an asthma attack, was bullied by her own classmates, and is going through an emotional rollercoaster all because of one guy!

Just why am I like this? Why am I crying over Kyung who's not going to remember the conversation that we had? Why do I care so much?

And why does it hurt so bad?

"Seol? Are you still in here?" Jinmichae calls out after I hear the door to the school's clinic open.

I sighed in relief after realizing that I'm not the only one in this messed up world.

"Jinmi..." I called out softly, not caring one bit if he called me by my old name.

I hear the older boy's footsteps getting closer and right away I see his familiar blonde hair. When Jinmichae sees me, he smiled in relief but frowned when he saw my tear-stained cheeks and bloodied knuckles.

"Who did this to you?!" He asked protectively while walking over to the side of the bed.

"...Myself," I answered while wiping my tears.

Jinmichae's lips parted in surprise and he softened up a bit. "What happened? I'm all ears," He spoke up with another smile.

I looked away from him and said nervously, "It was during a stage when I got to punch someone... Um... Jinmi?"

"Yes? What is it?" The older blonde boy asked while sitting on the edge of the bed.

I sighed and looked at him. Then I asked, "Is it...  Is it possible to gain control over your body during a stage?"

Jinmichae crossed his eyebrows in confusion and shock. "What do you mean, Seol? What did you do? Did you change the stage?! Please, tell me you didn't change anything-"

"I didn't," I cut while glaring at him. "Look... I don't know how I was able to control my body, but it only happened for at least 30 seconds. Then Stage Me came back and took over."

"But then I suddenly had an asthma attack," I added in, remembering what happened to me after the stage.

Jinmichae sighed and shook his head. "If you didn't change a stage, then it's alright for now.  Just don't overthink this, especially with your asthma. Your body must've been under a lot of stress, emotionally and physically. That must be why you had an asthma attack earlier."