Faith✖️OUAT

By caler_jo_hyden

"Faith is taking that first step even when you don't see the whole road." In which Prince Charming's big bro... More

Epigraph + Cast
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15
1.16
1.17
1.18
1.19
1.20
1.21
1.22
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9

2.12

1.6K 45 0
By caler_jo_hyden

I don't own anything but Dean/Bellamy and my ideas.

⚔️

Chapter 34- In the Name of the Brother

Clary, Emma, and Snow rode in the back of Dean's Impala while he sped down the road with David in the front passenger seat, quickly stopping at the town line due to an emergency.

David immediately exited the vehicle and moved over to Gold who was on the ground with Belle in front of the said Dark One's car.

Clary noticed Hook sprawled on the side of the road, banged up, as she rushed over to the pirate.

"I'm at the town line. Two people down-- maybe three. There's a car, pretty banged up, with Pennsylvania plates." Emma spoke over her phone.

Dean then stepped over to Hook on his other side just as Emma walked over to them as well.

"Hello, my adopted brother," Hook said towards Dean with a grunt, glancing over at Clary and smirked, "Hey, beautiful."

The said redhead bent down as Hook continued with a few grunts, "Here, I didn't think you'd notice-- Aah!"

Clary had slightly pushed down on his ribs and pointed out, "I think your ribs are broken."

"Oh, that must be why it hurts when I laugh." Hook remarked in pain.

The pirate looked up at the knight, "Did you see his face? His one true love, gone in an instant!" He glanced at Gold, slowly leaning up, "Just like Milah, Crocodile..."

Gold started to step over to them while Hook had slowly stood up with the help of Dean as the pirate groaned and added, "When you took her from me-"

The Dark One now stood in front of the pirate, "You took her first." He then kicked Hook in the face, which made Dean ever so slightly stumble back being that he had been holding him up.

"Gold, are you insane!?" Emma and Clary exclaimed in unison.

Gold shot back, "Yes, I am!"

He then started to choke the pirate until Dean moved in between the two men and shoved Gold backwards, "Can't let you do that."

David swiftly stepped over to them also and tried holding back Gold as Emma started, "You don't want her to see that."

"I'm a stranger to her." Gold argued as Clary pointed out, "Murder is a bad first impression."

"What would Belle want you to do?" David spoke up towards the man who continued to glare daggers at the pirate who was behind the knight.

"It's not like the great Protector is going to let me anyway." Gold remarked with an agitated sigh as he seen the green eyed man smirk at him.

The ambulance then drove towards the scene as the police radio chattered.

"Over here!" David called to the paramedics who immediately moved over to them.

Emma suddenly noticed a stranger in the other car who cried out some in agony, "No! Him! Take care of him. He can wait."

Mary Margaret helped walk Belle over to a car and let out, "What?"

"There's someone in there." Clary agreed with her cousin as Mary Margaret told Belle, "Stay. I'll be right back."

Emma began towards her mother, "Do you know this guy?" while a paramedic shone a light in the stranger's unresponsive eyes.

"I've never seen him before." Mary Margaret answered as David joined his wife and daughter whilst speaking up, "That's because he drove into town."

"From the outside?" Mary Margaret replied.

Emma nodded, "Looks like the world just came to Storybrooke."

Dean watched the paramedics lift Hook onto a gurney and strapped him down, "Dean, little brother..."

The knight simply rolled his eyes, "You'll be fine. I'm right here."

Hook relaxed some and was continued to be  rolled into the back of the ambulance.

***

Emma, David, Clary, Mary Margaret, Belle, Ruby, and Dean quickly walked into the hospital with Hook and the outsider being rolled in.

Clary turned to a nurse and told her about the pirate, "Hide him-- Find a room and hide him."

The nurse nodded just as Gold stepped into the hospital and immediately let out, "Belle!"

David spoke up, "Get him out of here!"

Dean instantly started guiding the Dark One out of the hospital while he demanded, "What's happening? Belle!?"

The said woman was still freaking out.

Dr. Whale stepped into the E.R and spoke up, announcing himself, "Everybody, calm down."

The doctor looked over at Gold and assured, "Mr. Gold, everything will be fine. She's in good hands here. I promise."

Dean had noticed that he smelled like alcohol, being that he was currently the closest one standing next to him.

The knight shared a look with Ruby who thought the same thing.

***

Clary waited beside the pirate's bed for him to wake up as he slowly did and looked over at her, "Where's Cora?"

"What?" Hook let out as he pulled his hand towards him but found that it was handcuffed to the railing of the bed, "Again? You're really into this, aren't you?" He grunted some, "Damn, that hurts."

"Told you. You cracked a few ribs," Clary remarked and leaned closer to him, "Where's Cora?"

"You look good, I must say," Hook remarked, "All, 'where's Cora', in a commanding voice. Chills..." He dropped his smirk and looked at her concerned, "How are you since your brother-?"

"You have all sorts of sore places I can make you hurt," Clary smirked, pretending to reach towards him which made Hook jerk as he groaned some.

He sighed, "I have no idea where Cora is. She has her own agenda. Let's talk about something I am interested in, my hook." The redhead gave him a look, "May I have it back? Or is there another attachment you'd prefer?"

She commented, "You're awfully chipper for a guy who just failed to kill his enemy. Then got hit by a car."

"Well, my ribs may be broken, but everything else is still intact," Hook replied, winking a little at her, "Which is more than could be said for other bad days I've had. Plus, I did some quality damage to my foe."

"You hurt Belle," The redhead started as Hook defended his case, "I hurt his heart. Belle's just where he keeps it. He killed my love. I know the feeling."

"Keep smiling, buddy," Clary smiled, leaned close to him as she placed a light hand on his chest, "You're chained down, he's on his feet, immortal, has magic, and you hurt his girl. If I were to pick dead guy of the year, I'd pick you."

Hook smiled the same smile and watched her move over to the door as he called out to her, "I wouldn't exactly say I'm dead. Your father, the Protector, won't let that happen."

Clary looked over her shoulder and behind her at the pirate, "He's loyal, yeah. But my father also doesn't like for his friends and family to get hurt."

She walked out of the room, leaving the one handed pirate to think about that.

***

Dean sat in a waiting room chair as he flipped through a magazine and glanced up at David, Snow, Ruby, and Leroy standing in a semi circle as Snow held the outsider's phone.

Leroy commented, "We've gotta get into his phone."

"Let me guess another passcode." David replied as he took the phone from his wife.

"You can't guess, there are a million possible combinations-" Mary Margaret started.

"Ten thousand." Ruby corrected as everyone looked over at her and Mary Margaret also repeated, "Ten thousand."

"Leroy, can you get it to open or something? Hack it?" David began.

Leroy simply gave him a look, "You do understand that computer hacking and pickax hacking are different?"

"Here, hand it over," Dean spoke up again once he stood up and took the phone away from David and began typing quickly. "Bellamy was great at hacking into things, being he was Homeland Security, along with being the town detective..."

Emma and Clary both then walked over to them just as Dean had finally unlocked the outsider's cell phone.

"Nice work, Dad," Clary commented as Dean winked a little at her.

"And we do know something from the stuff in his car." Emma also spoke up, "They're a bunch of rental agreements, maps, receipts... His name is Greg Mendel."

"Let's see..." Dean began scrolling through the man's photos as everyone crowded around him and also looked at the screen.

"A bunch of pictures of him alone at an eastern seaboard tourist locations. A LinkedIn account and... he tweets pictures of his food." Emma pointed out.

Dean handed the phone over to his niece and sat back down, flipping through another magazine idly.

Emma added, "I'll keep looking, but I think what we have here is a well-documented, real-life ordinary Joe-- or Greg."

"So whatever's kept random people from stumbling into Storybrooke for the last twenty-eight years-"

Ruby was cut off by Mary Margaret who finished her statement, "-Is gone."

"Anyone could drive in. Why are my instincts telling me that's a bad thing?" David commented.

"Because you seen ET or Splash or any other movie where they find something magical and study it to death." Leroy remarked, "Think of what they'd do to a werewolf."

Ruby looked over at the dwarf.

Snow added, "Oh, and his friends and family? They're going to come looking for him soon."

"Let's try not to overreact-" Emma started as David cut her off, "Leroy's right, we don't need outsiders here."

"Hook says he doesn't know where Cora is," Clary spoke up, "And God knows what she's gonna do."

Emma nodded, adding, "If other people come in here, that's not going to be good for anyone."

"We need to find Regina, tell her we know she was framed." Mary Margaret said.

"I've been tracking her. No luck. She's gone underground." Ruby replied.

"But what if Cora finds her first?" Snow worried, "I don't want to think about the damage those two would do together. This could not have come at a worse time."

Dean looked up at that and shook his head slightly.

David glanced over at his brother, his arms folded across his chest, and asked, "Do you know where she is?"

The said knight stood back up and stepped in between his daughter and little brother, "Yes. And she hasn't seen Cora, yet."

"Okay," Emma spoke up, "And the guy's being patched up right now. He'll probably be on his way home by morning."

"Not quite." Dr. Whale spoke up as everyone faced him, "He's bleeding into his chest cavity. It's not a full flood, you know, but pretty soon he'll be drowning in his own blood."

"So make it stop." Dean told him, "Aren't you a doctor?"

Dr. Whale noticed Gold descend down some stairs behind them and moved over to him, "Gold. You fixed me. Now fix him. It will take you seconds and cost you nothing."

"No." Gold simply said.

"No? Just... no?" Dr. Whale started.

Gold turned back and looked at him and replied, "I owe you nothing, Whale. I owe none of you anything and some of you owe me. So, yeah, just... no."

Dean stood slightly in front of his family as they faced the Dark One.

"Oh, and point of interest, the driver? He saw me throwing some magic." Gold added, "So, instead of trying to get him out of here, you better be hoping he dies, because if he doesn't, he's gonna be driving tour buses up and down Main Street. So glad I don't give a damn."

The said Dark One walked away from them then as everyone shared a look.

"Look," Dr. Whale sighed and looked back at the others, "Letting him die is easy. I can do that, if that's what you decide."

Dean noticed their looks on their faces as they were considering it, "No, come on. Absolutely not."

Emma murmured, "Let's take this somewhere private." All eight people then entered the staff room still in the hospital.

"It's not really murder if we let him succumb to his injuries." Whale continued.

"Pretty sure it is." Emma commented.

"I can save him. I can heal him with my magic." Clary suddenly spoke up as everyone looked over at her curiously.

"Of course we save him." Snow said as she walked in the room behind her niece.

Both Dean and David followed behind them and entered also, agreeing, "Obviously."

"Well-" Leroy started as Snow stopped him, "Leroy!"

"Well, we have to think it through! If we save him and kill the whole town, is that really better!?" Leroy finished.

"So we have to choose. Between our lives and his." Ruby added.

"We can worry about ourselves later, but this man needs to be saved." Clary spoke up again, folding her arms across her chest.

Dean proudly smiled at his daughter and added, "Everyone gets a chance... So, let's go save him."

"I agree." David said with Mary Margaret also nodding in agreement.

Dean faced his twenty-six year old daughter, "Okay, kid. Have you ever healed anyone before?"

Everyone glanced over at the two and at the redhead who looked down to the right a little before looking back up at her father, "Yeah, of course..."

Dean didn't believe her at all at that and moved his hands over his hips, "What're you not telling me?"

Clary sighed and shook her head, "I haven't exactly healed anyone before, but I know-- I feel it inside me like I can do this... but what if this-- we regret saving him later?"

Dean moved his daughter into a reassuring fatherly embrace, one hand on the back of her head, "Then it's on us."

Clary nodded a little in the embrace while her father kissed the top of her head, adding in a hushed tone, "If this is too much for you, Kid, I want you to pull back and stop. I can't lose you, too."

"I got this, Dad," The twenty-six year old assured softly before stepping back over to the door.

"Okay," The said knight nodded.

Clary smiled a little and then exited out of the room as Dr. Whale followed after her.

Everyone else was quiet in the room for a few seconds when they heard the Star Wars theme song start blaring from Emma's hand.

Emma glanced up at the four people who were staring at her, "Someone's looking for Greg."

"And how long before they come here?" Ruby asked as she now stood on one side of Dean.

***

Dean paced back and forth in the waiting room while David and Mary Margaret sat in nearby chairs as Emma also stood by.

They suddenly noticed Whale and Clary walk over to them as the group met them halfway.

"You did it?" Ruby spoke first towards the redhead who nodded and gave a weak smile, saying, "I did."

"So, what's the verdict?" David inquired.

"He'll live. Told you I could heal him," Clary murmured, still smiling some.

"You did good, kiddo." Dean said with a grin but frowned when he noticed his daughter's eyes droop some, "Hey... Hey, what's wrong?"

The twenty-six year old immediately stepped into her father's arms, burying her face in his chest as his hand moved to the back of her head.

"I'm fixing to fall over," Clary lightly started, "In order to heal him, I had to siphon off some of my energy since he wasn't a magical being. That's my price of my magic..."

"Why didn't you just tell me that?" Dean asked her quietly.

"Because you wouldn't have let me heal him. And he needed to be healed, to be saved." The redhead admitted as she then fell over but was held up even more by her father, "He's sleeping for now..."

Dean moved and picked up his daughter in his arms bridal-style before setting her gently on one of the waiting room couches.

"Thank goodness." Snow let out.

Then Leroy dampened the mood somewhat by speaking up, "I'm telling you now-- This will come to no good."

"Quiet, Leroy." David commented as Emma spoke up, "I want to talk to him."

Dr. Whale stepped back over to them and said with a small nod, "He's waking up now."

"Alright then." Mary Margaret simply said as David added, "Let's talk to him."

Emma looked back at her parents and stopped them, "We're not talking to him as a group. We're not a group sheriff."

"But we've been doing this together?" Snow began in a slightly hurt tone.

Emma gave them pointed looks as she further explained, "We're trying to convince this guy that this place is normal. In a normal town, the sheriff goes in and asks a few questions. She doesn't bring her parents in with her."

"That's probably true." David agreed slightly sheepishly.

Snow smiled and added, "We'll be right here then."

Emma nodded and handed Leroy her coffee and headed to the room where Greg was at, glancing over at her uncle, "You coming? Because you are still technically the detective and homeland security."

Dean glanced down at his semi conscious daughter laying on the couch and kept a fatherly hand on her shoulder, "No, you go ahead, Em."

Emma nodded and left down the hallway and up the stairs.

A few minutes later and Emma walked back down the stairs and joined them again.

Leroy immediately noticed her and asked, "He didn't see nothing?"

"Free and clear." Emma assured as everyone sighed in relief, "I also told him he was lucky that he didn't receive any injuries in that wreck." She nodded at Dean who nodded once, both glancing at a still semi conscious Clary.

"Good," Snow breathed out.

David nodded and said, "Now maybe things can calm down for ten minutes, and we can catch our breath."

***

When the five arrived home, Henry came down the stairs and immediately spoke up, "You were out all night! Where were you? Granny wouldn't tell me anything. Did I miss it all?"

Dean gently laid his passed out daughter on the couch and tucked a blanket over her before brushing a few strands of her hair out of her face.

Emma headed over to her son as David asked, "Cereal okay?"

"Yeah." Emma nodded and lightly guided Henry in a seat at the counter.

Dean spoke up for the boy, beginning the explanation, "Rumplestiltskin and Hook got into a fight and someone got hurt."

"We weren't sure if Dr. Frankenstein could fix him, but Clary ended up healing the guy instead and is now passed out from exhaustion." Emma finished the explanation.

"Doctor-?" Henry inquired in confusion but then realized, "Oh... That's who Whale is."

"Yeah, but without the neck bolts." Emma answered as she leaned on the counter in between her uncle and son.

Henry quickly corrected her by saying, "The monster had the bolts, not the doctor."

"Right, but either way, some of us having known him..." Emma started as she looked at Mary Margaret, "It's weird."

Snow immediately defended herself, "It's not weird. We're past it, we were cursed."

"What are you talking about?" Henry asked.

David placed two bowls of cereal in front of Henry and Emma as David answered them, "Nothing."

"Wait." Henry started.

"Really, it's nothing." Snow commented.

Henry stood up from his seat and quickly left out of the room as Dean started in attempt to stop him from leaving the table, "Ah-ah!"

David sighed and handed his daughter a spoon for her cereal.

Henry then came back while holding his Once Upon A Time book as he commented, "Frankenstein isn't in here. It's not even a fairytale. That means it comes from another land with different stories."

Emma moved her son's bowl of cereal and placed it on top of the book and said, "Eat. I really want to go to bed."

"If the curse went to places with other stories, then who knows who else is in this town?" Henry continued.

Before anyone else could say anything, there was a knock at the door, making everyone except Dean jump a little.

Emma straightened up and walked towards the door just as it opened up to reveal Gold.

"Gold... We've had a long night-" Emma started but was cut off by Gold as he also began, "You remember that favor you owe me, Ms. Swan?"

"Yeah."

"I'm cashing it in."

Dean then straightened up and walked over to his niece, ready to kick the man out of their home if needed.

David also walked around the counter on his daughter's other side as Emma began, "It's not a good-"

Gold cut her off again, "You do still honor your agreements, don't you?" Emma sighed as Henry moved in between his mom and father figure, "I need to find someone, so we're leaving today. Pack a bag."

"Leaving?" Snow asked as she now moved over to stand on Dean's other side.

Henry also questioned, "Wh-Where?"

Emma began in confusion, "Wait... Find someone? Who?"

Gold simply answered, "My son."

Dean lifted an eyebrow at the mention of his son who the knight had gotten close to-- back on Neverland and on the Jolly Roger, that is.

"And it has to be today, because every minute I'm here, is a minute closer to me killing Hook." Gold continued, "So, it's really best for all concerned if I leave. And you're gonna come with me."

He stopped and pointed at Snow, Dean, and David and added, "Oh, and we have a long history. So know this, and know it to be true-- if any harm comes to Belle while I'm gone... I'm killing all of you." Gold then pointed at Emma, "I'll see you at noon."

Henry wrapped his small arms around his adopted father's waist as Dean wrapped an arm arm around his shoulders.

Emma moved a reassuring hand on her son's shoulder also.

Gold then exited out of the apartment while Dean moved his hand on the back his eleven year old son's head in assurance.

The said knight shared a knowing look with David and Emma and glanced over at Snow.

No one was going to sleep for now.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 879 20
💚Under Editing Seperately💚 Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you fou...
8.5K 209 22
This fan fiction is based off of season 4b of Once Upon a time. This is what would happen if I was a writer on ouat. Hope you enjoy. This is my first...
44.9K 2.1K 46
The group travels to Neverland to save Henry, who has been taken there, under Pan's orders. Athena's whereabouts are still unknown to everyone, but C...
10.7K 170 10
"Your brother and his heart belong to me. If you want to see him again, you'll belong to me aswell." I glared at him in anger. That boy was a demon...