~ Always Besides You ~

By Sam_Vida

RagSan FF ~ Chapter with title in Capital Letters are yet to be edited Marriage is a beautiful bond which ble... More

0. BACKSTORY
1. Kick-Off
2. Intricacy
3. Tears of Past
4. Distress yet Calm
5. Fratello
6. The Talk
7. Anguish
8. Time Flies
9. Endeavour
10. Dosthi
11. Transition
12. Breath of Fresh Air
13. THE U-TURN
15. NEARING THE UNION
16. RAGINI SANSKAR MAHESWARI
17. AFTER TWO MONTHS
18. JOY NEVER STAYS LONG
19. THE WRECKAGE
20. TRANSFORMATION
21. YET ANOTHER MISHAP
22. SURFACING OF FOES
23. BRACING FOR THE UPCOMING
24. THE PARTY
25.
26
27. You're My Life~
28. Friend or Foe?
Partners-in-crisis
THE FOE
31. KAVITHA
32. COLLOQUY
33. THE PAST
34. DON'T CARE ABOUT LIMITS
35.
36. MS. ROY!
37.
38. The Deception
39. Solace
40. Family Time!
41. Shed Inhibitions
42. Corollary
43. @ Mumbai
44. Together There!
Epilogue
Bonus - 1 : Happily Ever After?!
Bonus - 2 : The Tranquil
Thanks!

14. THE "YES"

1.2K 65 100
By Sam_Vida

"You're not joking, right bhai!" Laksh exclaimed. Sometimes he can't identify the sarcasm in words.

"Should I give in writing?" Sanskar raised his eyebrows.

Swara sprang from her position to hug Ragini in delight and the two were hugged by Sharmishta. Both her daughters will be in the same home. What more can a mother ask for?

"You don't know Sharmishta ji. This chora was doing so much drama. We thought we will be held on gunpoint for this proposal. Now, I can breathe with relief." Sujatha started her rant.

"I was doing drama?" Sanskar began in a serious tone. "These five ladies were behind me as if I'm some culprit and the punishment is marriage, for the last one month. Can you all believe that? And complaining here that I was doing drama." He huffed.

"Whatever it was, since they are ready for this relation I think we should take it forward." Durgaprasad had a smile on his face while talking to Shekhar and Dadaji. "I'm very happy that Ragini will be our family soon. It would be very good if we don't delay it."

Shekhar glanced Ragini once before answering to Durgaprasad. She returned a firm smile to him. He could see no worries on his daughter's face. Getting such a loving boy for her when he was so anxious about her married life is a great solace.

"Sure Durgaprasad Ji. We will arrange for meeting the pandit soon. It would be great if the things are not rushed. Let them have a little time in between. Anyways, we can invite the Pandit first"Shekhar replied with a smile.

***

"I can't believe Ragu!" Swara squealed. She couldn't believe that her little wish is coming true so soon. Swara could always see a loving companion for Ragini in Sanskar but she couldn't voice it as he was their friend. Maybe that one conversation may bring an unknown barrier between them. But everything got sorted, just as she wished. Now, Swaragini will be in the same home.

"Me too." Ragini replied amused. Even now, she can't believe that Sanskar is soon going to be her fiancée. A friend to fiancée; soon he will be her husband.

"You're happy, no?" Swara asked even though she knows the answer.

"Even when you know what I will be saying, why are you asking?"

"Just for assurance. I don't want anything to be messed up because of me now."

"Because of you?" Ragini raised her eyebrow.

"Umm... Well, I only suggested this alliance." Ragini's mouth became "o" on Swara's answer. "Don't be angry. I know neither Sanskar nor the family will hurt you, ever. He will care for you, heal you and love you, Ragini. He's perfect for you."

"We're friends, Swara. Marriage is so different from friendship. How can you think that the present dynamic won't change in future?"

"You are upset on me?" Swarahad a fear of upsetting her sister in her words. "Your relation won't be the same, I know. It would a lot better than present. And about my belief, the care and support Sanskar gives you today as a friend won't be received from any other person even as husband. He's a gem and so are you. You both can heal each other, Ragu."

Ragini smiled and hugged Swara. "I'm not upset on you. And I don't doubt on Sanskar's care. I know he will be a great partner for me as we have a great companionship and transparency. But this is marriage and above all, I had been there before too. Won't that be awkward?"

"You're bothered about that? Do you know how elated Maa and Chachi was, when I suggested your name? They didn't even needed time to think. Pari bhabhi and Uttara too were overjoyed. Papa and Chachaji had no worries about the alliance. Laksh was super happy. Do you think that there will be any awkwardness there? They truly love you, as Ragini and they want you, as their bahu & beti." Swara had tears glistening in her eyes due to happiness. She stopped for a fraction of second and faced Ragini with a worry across her face. "Does Laksh affect you, even now?"

Swara felt a shock inside while asking Ragini. What would be her answer? Did she push her sister again into another mess? She should have thought about it. Even Ragini seems to be back to her normal self, wounds in her heart takes long time to get healed. Is she again being dragged into agony?

"No Swara, not at all." Ragini replied patiently. She could almost figure out the chain of question bombarding in Swara's mind. "I was just worried about the family. And you cleared it now. I'm fine with all these. Just that it came as a surprise and even now I feel that it is a dream.... Ouch." Ragini hissed in pain as Swara pinched as if waking her from a dream.

Swara chuckled on Ragini's reaction whereas she smiled widely and held Swara as much closer as possible assuring her that the decision made this time won't go wrong.

"Had a talk with Sanskar?" Swara enquired while having dinner in their room.

"He said tomorrow he is on leave from office. So he will come here to pick us in morning."

"Hmmm, that's good. Pandit will come tomorrow." Swara said before drifting to her slumber.

***

"Swara, do something to your husband so that he keeps quiet. From yesterday he is irritating me with his idiotic smile and conversations. And now, Adarsh bhaiyya also joined him." Sanskar whined while driving.

"Arrey, they are happy that, finally, my jedji is getting married. Let them have fun, future jeeju!" Swara clicked her tongue.

"Jedji; Jeeju? It's Sanky Swara!" He glared.

"Okay! But I'm not going to stop them. In fact, I would have joined but I'm from ladkiwaale, nah. So I will be irritating Ragini. Kyun Raguu?" She said with a teasing smile to which Ragini laughed.

"Haww, what happened 'Sanky'? You're not able to digest their acts. Haven't you heard that Karma is a bitch. Now, understand yourself how difficult it is for others to bear you." Ragini said smacking Sanskar's head playfully.

"This was the only lacking. Now you both sisters also started." The car came to a sudden halt with his words. "Now enough. Get out!" He said to Swara.

"What!" Swara exclaimed.

"O Meri Bhabhi! Our house is here. Would you have the kindness to step down?" He asked dramatically.

"You won't change!" Swara and Ragini chorused together to which Sanskar gave a 'whatever' look and waved at Swara.

***

"Ragini is happy?" Laksh enquired Swara.

"Don't you have anything to ask about your wife? You already have become deewana of your bhabhi." Swara dramatically wiped her invisible tears.

"Both my brother and wife are of same bunch. Don't you guys get tired doing this?" Laksh pulled her cheeks.

"Ouch!" Swara swat Laksh's hands. "It does pain, you idiot."

"Aww. It pained?" Laksh cocooned Swara from back keeping his chin on her shoulders to which Swara smiled. "I can feel your happiness Swara. I just want to make myself convinced that this marriage won't be another wrong step in Ragini's life. I have given so much pain for her, so.."

"Are you considering this as a chance to redeem yourself?"

"Not this marriage. But after that she will be here. And that will be an opportunity for my redemption."

"No, Laksh. She forgot everythingas of now. Now, we should make sure that past memories don't flood before heragain making her hurt again. Laksh, Do you feel awkward to consider her as yourbhabhi?" Swara finally voiced her concern before Laksh.

"Honestly speaking, I felt awkward on first thought. But this would be awesome actually. We four are equals. We can have a great bond. And they both will be so happy with each other." Laksh swayed with the rhythm of breeze.

"So devar is eager to welcome his bhabhi." Swara chuckled.

"It's Ragini!" Laksh rolled his eyes playfully.

***

"So" Sanskar blurted first.

"So?" Ragini repeated with a question tone.

"You thought about it again?"

"Yeah. But I want to know why you agreed to this marriage. I shared quite a few things yesterday. Now time for the other side of story." Ragini said.

"I'm liking this demanding side of yours." Sanskar chuckled.

"I'm not demanding." Ragini groaned.

"You're! Demanding answers." He pinched her nose. "Regarding decision, it was so quick. I saw you; I heard you and I agreed." Sanskar concluded everything simply.

"What!" Ragini exclaimed. She expected a long, detailed answer from him. But this mahoday is giving answer in a single sentence. Isn't it a little bit ridiculous?

Ragini's tone made Sanskar chuckle again and he pointed a chair nearby. How could they start their conversation before reaching his confession spot? It was the same place where he unleashed his buried feelings to her.

Sanskar let out a deep breath and started.

"When I returned from Mumbai, Maa and Mom cornered me for marriage, immediately shocking me. I was expecting to be attacked by them atleast after three months. So I dodged almost every attempt for almost two weeks. Then, two turned to five; the whole ladies began to chase me. Mom was crying, 'Laksh is younger than you and he got married. Have some mercy on us and go and see a girl.'" Sanskar was supporting his head with his hands while Ragini giggled.

"Then came emotional blackmailing; Pari bhabhi asked something for the first time to me. So I couldn't refuse her and agreed to have a conversation with her and Swara regarding marriage. They both were hell bent on convincing me. But the problem is; they were not 'you'. You knew why I was stepping backwards, not them." Ragini smiled listening to him. This man never stop himself from acknowledging their bond; what she is for him.

"Finally, Swara suggested me to just meet the girl and decide later. You know, everything was scripted after that. When we were on the way, Swara said she wanted to visit Badi. And when we reached your home, I got to know about suggestion of our alliance." Sanskar smiled shaking his head. "My whole family had a great time in convincing me. They cried, threatened, requested and finally scripted the whole bride-seeing thing. Luckily, Papa and Bade papa didn't approach me. They knew it would be in vain. But that gap was filled by Lucky and Adarsh bhaiyya. They were continuously irritating me, even in office, to get married." He huffed.

Ragini laughed hearing the 'sufferings' of Maheswari family. Not bad!

"But why did you agree to marry ME? I want to know that." She asked again.

"Because, it was 'YOU'!" He answered honestly facing Ragini. "Ragz, if it was someone else, I would have denied bluntly. But it was you, whom my family loved a lot; who loved my family a lot. Apart from that there is a selfish thought also. You know my feelings, my past. You laughed along with me and understood my pain even in my silence, just being my friend. You know me, Ragz; more than anyone else. So I couldn't imagine anyone more perfect at that moment." Sanskar had a wide smile on his face while Ragini's face had an admiration. "You know, that day when you told about Sumi aunty telling you on deciding future; I had a worry. In one or the other way, the past will haunt you. You may get a loving husband, a family; but somewhere you would be taunted for your past, even if it is not a terrible one. But in this marriage, no such situation would arise. So I felt it is right for both of us."

The admiration in Ragini's face didn't drain out. How more can one think about a girl who is just a friend? She can never cease to respect him.

"Sanskar, I just want one assurance that you won't regret this decision. We are friends. I don't want to lose a friend like you." Ragini said holding Sanskar's hand.

"I will never ever regret, Ragini. This friendship, your support and you is so important for me. Now I want it lifelong, besides me. We may take time to make this new relation work. But we can. Well, you know right, I love you." He placed his other hand over Ragini's.

"I know and I trust you; I trust us." Ragini also placed her other hand. Both of them laughed lightly shaking their heads in disbelief of the sudden transition of their bond.

"One second, I will be back." Sanskar stated and disappeared from there.

"Ice-cream!" Ragini shrieked lightly on seeing Sanskar returning with two ice-creams.

"So cheers to our friendship. Cheers to our upcoming marriage. Cheers Ragz!" Sanskar said dramatically.

"Cheers Sanky!" Ragini took no step backward in returning the dramebaazi of her friend. He's truly amazing.

They shared their blissful memories while laughing out and enjoying the moment they are in. The place where they were in a pool of tears last time is witnessing them being in delight. The evening sun which allayed its intensity provided a perfect background for the frame. The children who played around, the couples who had a peaceful evening or the chirping of birds didn't bother to interrupt the world Sanskar and his Ragz were in. Maybe the breeze which tried to comfort them last time had wished for their gashes to get cured; to let them be the cure for each other.

______________________________________

Note: RagSan are in the friendship zone even now. Sanskar's "I love you" is the love towards friend. So don't misunderstand ;)

Hey guys! Hope you all are fine. Thanks a lot for the reads, lovely votes and super lovely comments till the last part. Do vote and comment on this part also.

There are a few readers who have been continuously following and commenting on this story. SPECIAL THANKS FOR THEM J

Love you guys! Stay Safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.8K 7.9K 25
And they lived happily ever after!!! But was it really happily ever after for Swara and Sanskar? Swara and Sanskar, the strongest team to fight and w...
329K 14.3K 31
The story will start from serial track where laksh misunderstood swara and married ragini!!! In this story i will show how swara and sanskar fall for...
50.6K 2.4K 10
Cover Credits - @SamairaRajput This is a continuation of serial track. This story mainly focuses on Swara & Sanskar. It shows the pain they faced a...
230K 8.6K 68
Best Ranking #1swara, #2 mad. guys please vote this story also during reading This is story of Swara and Sanskar . Ragini who is step sister of Sw...