42. Corollary

✿◍•~•✿•~•◍✿

"I love you, Sanskar. My each breath reminds me that! That I love you, I belong to you, I will always, I want to be always!"

Ragini smiled contently in her sleep even though her head felt heavy than usual. She flipped on her bed, snuggling further into the duvet as her 'dream' played on loop in her brain.

The heaviness of her head felt persistent and she slumped against the headrest, slowly, with a pout.

9:25

Ragini's eyes widened seeing the clock. She missed her usual wake up time, aarti and morning kitchen chores for the first time.

As she continued counting her failures for the day and pushed away the duvet to jump off the bed, a glass appeared before her.

"You might require this, this morning, Mrs. Maheswari!" Sanskar said in a stern voice making Ragini's face fall further.

Ragini rushed to freshen up and the previous night clear ran through her head.

It wasn't a dream afterall! She did it!

And she wasn't disappointed! She will never regret!

She walked out from the washroom to see her husband digging into his laptop, sparing her no glance.

Did that go in a wrong way? She was sure about his budding feelings.

And this sudden indifference!

She gulped down the lime juice as she continued hoping that he would glance her once but in vain.

"Sanskar!" She called out not able to take the silence, even for a few moments.

Sanskar who was doing nothing but typing a few words, backspacing it and repeating the same over and over, finally shot his pointed gaze towards his wife.

He stared her for a second and rose from his seat to stalk towards the table beside their bed and fetched a tray with a plate of food and glass of juice.

Ragini's mouth widened seeing him thrusting the tray to her hand, silently, and getting back to his work-buddy devotedly.

"All of a sudden, it feels like Laptop is his wife and I'm some unwanted guest!" Ragini mused, irritated.

Her mind screamed to keep aside the food and grab her husband's collar knocking some senses but her growling stomach made her decide against it.

Ragini shoved pieces of Roti into her mouth trying to finish the breakfast as soon as possible, her pissed off glare boring into her dear husband, her mind determined to confront him as he talked animatedly over his phone.

Sanskar continued his act, gnawing his teeth into inner lips, resisting his urge to steal a glance at Ragini. He was well aware of his wife's angry glare. But he isn't wrong. PeriodT!

•~•×✿ו~•

Ragini stormed off to the kitchen with the plates to witness the whole family lazing around in the hall.

Perfect! Her husband had been spoiling her day in every possible way!

Swara grinned widely seeing and joined her to the kitchen, filling her with the details of events.

"Aru got call early morning. He managed to scoop up Ananya and the luggage at earliest. He didn't wanted to wake you up." Swara said softly handing over a letter to her. "He'll call you! Don't be pissed off." She added, noticing the foul mood of her sister.