21. YET ANOTHER MISHAP

Guess what? Compensatory chapter for being late:)) It's a short one. Please drop in-line comments also.. I love reading them :) Constructive criticisms are most welcome. I would love to improve through your suggestions.

Story continues...

Days continued to pass showing no progress in the situation of Maheswaris. The struggle of Ragini trying to maintain her new attitude was clearly visible to the family, yet they gave her space, waiting for the moment she would open up before them. Sujatha tried to dig out couple of times but miserably failed. Sanskar also made sure that he doesn't add to Ragini's misery. He tried not to make her feel guilty that she is not having enough trust upon him, though he truly feels she doesn't have enough trust on him to share her problems.

There was a person who made everyone understand that they should stand by Ragini, at least for a short period of time, for her peace of mind. And that was Parineeta. Ragini and Pari's conversations, though short, were effective enough to make Ragini let out a bit of her emotions.

"Afraid of losing us?" Pari asked as Ragini accompanied her for a short walk to garden.

"Huh?"

"That's why you're doing all these, right? I can understand you at least to that extent." Pari smiled. On sensing Ragini's prolong silence, she continued, "Well, not only me; everyone understands that. For that, what's the need of making yourself rigid? You can take care of everyone being the old Ragu. What happened, Ragu? Sanskar, Swara, Laksh, Adarsh, Maa, Chachi, Papaji, Chachaji, Uttara and me; all are with you only. We are worried for you. Why are trying to take the responsibility of all of us? It's not--"

"No Bhabhi, I'm not trying to take responsibility. I'm just trying to ensure that everyone is safe. I just--" A lone tear escaped from her eyes.

Pari caressed Ragini's cheek lovingly. "Nothing will happen to anyone of us. Okay. You should talk openly to them. You know how worried Swara and Sanskar are? I've noticed that you're not even letting Swara talk to you. Don't let past events haunt you like this dear; then we won't be able to  live in the present or mould our future."

Though it didn't bring a massive change, Ragini's easiness with Parineeta increased and Pari pacified rest of the family.

***

"You know what; life these days are so dramatic." Sanskar let out his dramatic sigh grabbing Ragini's attention. "Adding to it, the Lady Hilter will come tomorrow evening."

"Yeah, Swara will be meeting her tomorrow. After that, she has the deal with LGRN to handle. And you have client visit after that, right?"

"Don't you have anything other than business and rules and... safety to talk? Like, we are husband and wife, moreover we're friends, so we can talk anything else."

Ragini's lips curved up slightly on the unadulterated cuteness of her husband. "What do you want to talk about?"

"You!"

"Huh?"

"Any other interesting topic in your mind? Like, you're the most dynamic person I've ever seen. I've seen your weak side, slightly negative side, strong side, playful side and etc. Now a new avatar. How do you make it possible, Mrs. Ragini Sanskar Maheswari?" Sanskar forwarded his imaginary mike to Ragini as she rolled her eyes.

"You started again?"

"What?" Sanskar pouted.

"Dramebaazi." Ragini slightly chuckled seeing which Sanskar felt relieved.

"Why don't you remain like this, always?" Sanskar slowly grabbed Ragini's hand.

"I told you not to 'regret', right? Then this question is not relevant." Ragini slipped into the washroom leaving behind a confused Sanskar.

***

It was evening. Sanskar was preparing to go out of the town directly from their office. He need to complete some urgent paperwork and return by next day afternoon. Laksh, Adarsh and senior Maheswaris set out on a journey for attending a marriage function. Remaining at the Maheswari Mansion were Pari, Swara, Ragini and Uttara.

As Ragini walked towards steps, she felt a strong familiar smell hitting her nostrils. She stopped on her track and gazed downwards to notice Swara walking towards the sofa in the drawing room. Not so late, Swara too felt the same, resulting in gazing upwards to Ragini feeling her presence. Realization struck both the ladies and they ran towards the kitchen. Swara reached first only to find Uttara trying to light the stove. Without wasting another second, Swara ran inside to pull Uttara outside along with her, lighter had sparked to lighten the gas, the kitchen caught fire not lately resulting in a thunderous explosion.

Ragini shuddered as fire gobbled their kitchen. She shifted her gaze sideways to find Swara and Uttara leaning to the pillar, equally shocked as her, trying to catch their breath. Ragini mind replayed the last few minutes where she reached the kitchen entrance and pulled outside both the girls a few seconds before the explosion. She felt her body freezing on the thought of being a fraction of second late in either recognizing the smell or pulling them out. As if realising her situation to be same theirs, Swara and Uttara hugged Ragini tightly promising their safety.

Ragini, Swara, Uttara and Pari stood traumatized at the sudden turn of events in their drawing room as Police and Fire force managed to put out the fire and gain a control over the situation. The minor burns of Swara and Uttara were treated by the doctor as well as Pari's health was also checked.

The Maheswari family ran to the four as they returned half way from their journey. They were terrified with the news; as they entered all of them enquired all four theirs health. After ensuring their well being, Laksh engulfed Swara in a tight hug while Pari was embraced by Adarsh. Sujatha was pacifying a sobbing Uttara while Annapurna talked with doctor who seemed to bid bye. Durgaprasad and Ramprasad were enquiring about the incident to police as well as fire force.

As Ragini stood leaning to a pillar, traumatized by another deadly blow on her loved ones, her gaze got fixed on SwaLak unknowingly. An unknown pain engulfed her heart as she realised she has got stranded in such a situation, though unintentionally.

"You're alone." Her mind screamed.

As the fierce battle of mind and heart started with continuous thoughts, she felt herself being weak. She didn't had any wounds, but it was hurting. She knows everyone made sure that she's fine yet she's feeling terrible, so vulnerable. Even though her gaze got blurred with a thin layer of tear forming in her eyes, a strong yearning  continued sprouting inside her.

The unwavering gaze shook when Ragini felt a pair of cold palms holding her hands, checking for her injuries worriedly. Sanskar was panting, due to the shock and hurry. He got to know about it just before leaving out of the town, yet traffic held him this late making each second terrible for him. He cupped Ragini's face, his eyes showing her the depth of care and affection he has for her which instantly soothed her bleeding heart. Without loss of another second, Ragini was pulled into a tight hug, maybe the tightest hug of her life till then, and Sanskar sighed in relief. She is safe, now, at the moment, in his arms. Ragini, on the other hand, had her eyes widened on the sudden embrace; she felt her heart being slowly back to normal. Her hands remained dangling either side as she felt the warmth his body; the brimmed tears flowed down her cheeks as she felt an unexplainable satisfaction deep down her heart.

"I'm not alone." Her heart screamed back as she brought her arms up to reciprocate the hug.

And yeah! That's for this part. How was it? Don't forget to leave comments 😁

Stay Safe ❤️
Bye