4. Distress yet Calm

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

~At Maheswari Mansion~

The family settled in the hall, the disturbing events continued pushing them more into misery.

They knew, nothing was alright.

Their supposed bride was missing on wedding day!

Their son married her sister in haste!

The girl, loved him once, and was now wounded with his inconsiderate impulsiveness.

There was a huge barrier between the couple, for which the family knew nothing to mitigate.

The office days of Maheswaris were given break considering the marriage. And it continued due to how it turned out. Business will carry-on with designates; family needed them now.

Sanskar Maheswari stared at his mobile. He couldn't speak to his dupatte waali dosth till now. His family was always around her and she was aloof. He understood that she needed some alone time, to sort her mind. And he, being her crime partner, could wait for her comfort.

Saying that he was torn between his brother and friend would an understatement. He couldn't put words together to reprimand his younger brother; but the aloofness brought pity too. Human do err!

Sanskar shook his head postponing the thought of calling Ragini. She would be with her Maa. Baadi will bring Ragini out of her grief, at least for a while.

Seeing Laksh entering, lost in his own thoughts, with a worry frown etched was not something her expected. The whole family was chalant from that day. Suddenly he felt weird, feared worse.

Has something happened? To him? To Ragini? To........Swara?

"Laksh" Sanskar called out.

"Hmm... Bhai" Laksh just responded to his call.

"What happened? You look more tensed. All is well in Baadi, right?" Sanskar enquired.

They had reached the hall meanwhile and everyone had their attention on Laksh.

"Swara is back home."

His reply made the atmosphere tenser. All were quiet for a moment out of surprise while he explained to them the meeting with Swara.

"Is she telling truth?" Sujatha asked suddenly.

"How can he know, Mom? Cool down your mind for some time." Sanskar tried to calm his over excited Mom.

The maheswaris were disturbed more. It was getting complicated. The elders decided to call Shekhar and enquire about wellbeing of Swara as well as the situation in the home.

"Laksh, Where's Ragini?" Annapurna asked realising her absence.

"Ragini stayed there, Maa. She said she'll return after a couple of days." Laksh informed them.

"Laksh, Ragini and Swara...." He didn't hear the rest.

'Is she telling TRUTH?!!' Laksh's mind centered at Sujatha's words. His heart was having another battle. Everything changed into another big trouble; because of him?!

He got engaged to Ragini but it broke.

The he declared her as her as his fiancée for his brother.

Later, revealed to her that he loves Swara, her sister.

She helped in his love, made it reach till marriage and at the mandap, he married Ragini in a haste.

Now Swara has returned.