Water Under The Bridge // Gil...

Per mangoesblythe

//Gilbert Blythe X fem!reader// a love story between Y/n L/n and Gilbert Blythe. from friends to enemies fro... Més

A/N (please read)
Cast
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

2

6.9K 223 173
Per mangoesblythe

The next day you woke up with a smile. Anne and your brother got along great and best of all... Gilbert was finally coming back.

you jumped out of bed and got dressed. you rushed down the stairs and ate your breakfast.

Tyler had gone to school already and you father had just left for work. so it was just you and your mother.

"Gilbert's coming back today" you said taking a bite from your toast. "I'm leaving early so I can walk with him" you said smiling.

"I wonder how John's doing" your mother said frowning slightly.

"yea... he's probably not doing better" you said as your smile faded away.

you sighed as you finished your breakfast "I'm off" you said grabbing your lunch and schoolbooks.

"bye honey!" your mother yelled when you walked out the door.

you hummed softly walking towards Gilbert's house. you'd missed him alot these past days and couldn't wait to spend your lunches with him again.

you knocked on his door with a smile. seconds later it opened and you were met with your best friend.

"Y/n" he smiled as you jumped in his arms hugging him tight.

"I missed you" you said as Gilbert chuckled taking in your scent and feeling his cheeks heat up a little.

"I missed you too" he said before you pulled away.

"just a second let me grab my books" Gilbert said rushing towards the kitchen table. you waited outside.

"I'll be back right after school dad" you heard him say before walking outside.

you smile at him. "how was it?" you asked as you started walking.

"it was beautiful" Gilbert said smiling.

"and how's your father?" you asked frowning.

"he's just... glad to be back" Gilbert said clenching his jaw and staring into the distance.

you bit your lip and layed your hand on his shoulder causing Gilbert to turn his head in your direction.

you send him a sympathetic smile. he returned it looking at your hand. his whole shoulder was tingling.

you took your hand of his shoulder and walked on.

"did anything interesting happen here?" Gilbert asked.

"there's a new girl." you said.

"and?" Gilbert asked giving you a look.

"you know I don't like gossip. just find out yourself" you said.

Gilbert chuckled. "at least tell me if she's nice." he said.

"she is" you said smiling. "why there she is right now... talking to..." you squinted your eyes. "Billy." you frowned as you saw her stumbling back and dropping her books to the ground.

"that can't be good, come on," you said grabbing Gilbert's hand and dragging him along.

Gilbert's eyes widened as he stared at your joined hands. butterflies erupting in his stomach.

"morning Anne, Billy" you said giving him a look.

"everything alright here?" Gilbert asked still holding your hand.

"I-" Anne started picking up her books. you let go of Gilbert's hand and helped her.

"are you alright?" you whispered. Anne nodded slowly.

Gilbert gave Billy a glare. "are you guys playing a game?" Billy felt slightly intimidated and he had every right to. everyone knew Gilbert would win in a fight.

"sounds fun but we should probably get to school, eh?" Gilbert said as Billy gulped. "hate to be tardy, Mr. Phillips sure gets his dander up about that" He added.

"yea I was just about to get going, see you there," Billy said before walking off.

you and Anne stood up.

"you alright miss?" Gilbert asked turning towards Anne. "it's Anne right?" he asked.

"I... uh... school" she said before running away. Gilbert wanted to run after her but you stopped him.

"leave her be. Billy must've scared her," you said.

Gilbert nodded as you two walked on in silence.

When you approached the schoolhouse there was loud chatter everywhere.

Gilbert opened the door for you and you smiled mumbling a thank you.

before you could say anything else the boys crowded Gilbert, pushing you in a corner.

you chuckled hanging up your coat and walked over to them when they stopped asking questions.

"there's a new girl... she's an orphan" you heard Moody say.

you frowned. "so?" you asked sending him a glare.

Moody gulped. "nothing" he said. you nodded and put your focus back on Gilbert.

"wanna eat lunch together later?" you asked.

he nodded "yea definitely" he said smiling.

the boys went on with their conversation as you and Gilbert looked out of the window at Anne who was sitting by the stream.

"I'm gonna introduce myself," Gilbert said.

"alright I'll see you at lunch" you said as you walked over to your desk.

the girls were standing next to you in a group. they were whispering as they looked out of the window. once they saw Gilbert they quieted down.

Ruby started tearing up and Josie looked like she was about to kill someone. your eyes widened.

I forgot all about the dibs!
anne is gonna get in trouble...

you gulped as you watched Anne and Gilbert have a conversation. It looked pretty awkward.

when Gilbert walked back inside the schoolhouse you saw the girls rushing outside.

poor Anne.

you frowned as you looked out the window. Josie was yelling, Ruby was crying and Diana looked very uncomfortable.

At lunchtime Anne sat outside alone. she refused to sit with you, Gilbert and your brother. you didn't blame her, Josie could be very intimidating.

"why's Anne sitting all alone?" your brother asked.

"the girls are mad at her" you said sighing.

"I'll ask her if she wants to sit with us" Gilbert said standing up.

"Gilbert I don-" Gilbert walked off and you slapped yourself on your forehead.

"what's wrong?" Tyler asked frowning.

"why ruby's dibs of course" you said staring out the window. you could see the girls staring aswell in the corner of your eyes.

"is she still not over him?" Tyler asked confused.

"apparently not, because they yelled at her to stay away from him" you said as Gilbert approached Anne.

"hey I thought you might like to sit-"

Gilbert got cut off by Anne. "go away" she said with her teeth clenched together.

"Pardon me?" Gilbert frowned.

"you need to walk away right now" she said.

"I'm sorry I can-"

Gilbert got cut off again. Anne stood up. "I'm not supposed to talk to you!" she said.

"w-why not" Gilbert asked with a small nervous chuckle.

Anne walked off leaving Gilbert confused. he shrugged and walked back inside.

"I don't know what's wrong" he said approaching you.

"me neither" you lied. you couldn't just tell Gilbert about Ruby's dibs. that'd be embarrassing for Ruby and even if she was a pain in the ass sometimes, you didn't wanna hurt her feelings.

class started again and you zoned out like you always did until you saw something white hit Anne's shoulder.

you looked at the floor seeing a crumbled piece of paper. you frowned and looked over to the boys to see Gilbert trying to get Anne's attention.

he threw his chalk at her and you frowned.

when Anne still didn't pay him any attention he grabbed his apple and walked over to her desk when Mr. Phillips wasn't looking.

you gasped as he bend down placing the apple on her desk.

"oops" he said grabbing his chalk from the floor.

"hey" he said. Anne still ignored him and you couldn't help but chuckle.

suddenly Gilbert pulled Anne's hair. "hey carrots" he said.

you gasped as Anne stood up and wacked Gilbert over the head with her slate. "I'm not talking to you!" she yelled.

Gilbert brought his hand up to his face. "you just did" he said smirking.

Anne stood with open mouth as Gilbert walked back to his desk.

"Shirley! come here now!" Mr. Phillips yelled. "what a vicious display!" he said as Anne stood up.

Mr. Phillips started writing on the board and you grabbed a piece of chalk and threw it at Gilbert's head.

he turned his head and you gave him a glare. he gulped and stood up scratching the place where the chalk hit his head.

"it was my fault sir, I... I teased her" he said.

"quiet Blythe! that's hardly an excuse" Mr. Phillips said.

how is that not an excuse?

you frowned as Gilbert sat back down gulping.

the whole class was giggling and you tightly clenched your jaw.

suddenly Anne started walking. Gilbert avoided eye contact with her slightly ashamed as she walked on.

other students had their mouths wide open as she ran out.

suddenly you had enough and quickly stood up running after her.

"Anne!" you yelled running into the woods. "Anne!" you yelled again looking around. she was nowhere to be seen.

you stood still in the middle of the forest completely out of breath, panting for air.

you slowly made your way back to school to see class was dismissed already.

you barged into the schoolhouse tapping on Gilbert's shoulder.

he turned around and widened his eyes when he saw you.

"what was that about?" you asked.

"I was trying to get her attention" Gilbert said staring at his feet.

"by pulling her hair and calling her carrots!?" you asked.

"It might not have been my smartest move" Gilbert said with a chuckle.

you chuckled aswell. "you totally deserved that wack over the head" you said.

Gilbert nodded. "I know I'm sorry" he said scratching his neck.

"you shouldn't apologize to me, you should apologize to Anne!" you said.

"I will, next time I see her. I promise" Gilbert said.

______________________________________

please vote or comment. I really appreciate it! ✨

//word count: 1578//

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

19.6K 659 20
AWAE AU: Gilbert is dating Diana, he doesn't know how to tell her that he doesn't think it's working out because he doesn't want to hurt her. Diana a...
348K 6.4K 13
//COMPLETED// a gilbert blythe fanfic :) it's not my first ever fanfic but it's probably not very good lol but please give it a try :)
246K 9.6K 47
"Come home some day." Gilbert Blythe has been away for almost two years. Upon his return to Avonlea, he finds that things have changed and there is a...
52.9K 602 17
"𝑳𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏," 𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆 "𝑮𝒊𝒍𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚" 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝑨𝒖�...