12

"oh Jerry, I can't stand that Billy Andrews!" you said, after you left school and went over to green gables. you collapsed down in the hay where Jerry was working.

"hello to you too Y/n," he said chuckling as he worked on.

"oh I'm sorry, it's just Billy has a crush on me! and he thought it was good idea to lift up my dress! can you believe that!?" you asked.

"oh my! Y/n I think you should kill him," Jerry said sarcastically.

"wait, you think I'm overreacting?" you asked frowning as you sat up.

"sounds to me like he's just trying to get your attention," Jerry said, shrugging his shoulders. "Not saying it wasn't wrong what he did."

"well he's not getting it by lifting up my dress, in fact he's not getting it at all, he's a bully and I shall ignore him!" you said.

"oh he's a bully? even more reason to stay away from him," Jerry said.

"thank you Jerry!" you said as you jumped up, "so are you gonna let me help or not?"

~

you and Jerry had been working for about an hour, just talking about random things, when your brother stormed in.

"you've got a letter!" he yelled as he stuck his hand out towards you, panting for air. "it's from Gilbert."

you snatched it out of his hand and immediately ripped it open.

Dear Y/n,

I was so glad to hear from you, I missed you so much.

Trinidad was beautiful, I've never seen a place like that before, with so many interesting people and the food was amazing there! I had a mango, have you ever had one of those? they're delicious.

I'm very sorry to hear about your father, I hope he isn't in too much pain? and I hope your family is doing okay, I wish I could be there for you, tell you everything is going to be alright, I promise I'll be back soon N/n.

thank you for forgiving me, even though I left. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for hurting you.

I love you n/n, hope I'll see you soon,

Love, Gilbert

you started tearing up as you sat down in the hay, "oh my god, I miss him so much!"

Tyler and Jerry immediately went over to you, both hugging you from the side as tears started spilling from your eyes.

"hey he'll come back," Tyler said as you sniffled. "everything is going to be alright."

"that's what Gilbert said!" you said, sobbing again as Jerry and Tyler squeezed you tighter.

~

after you and Jerry finished working you walked home, Tyler had left about an hour ago, so you were alone.

you froze in your tracks as you looked at the wicked spot Gilbert had kissed you. you looked into the direction of his house, sighing. you ran towards it, wondering if there was still a key underneath the doormat.

here!

you stared at it, before unlocking the door. it slowly went open with a high pitched noise and you stepped inside, the familiar smell entering your nose. You walked op to Gilbert's room, tracing your fingers over the wall. his furniture was covered in white sheets, including his bed. you ripped the sheets of his bed and layed down for a second.