Resisting Temptation (A Kyoya...

By Sindersalight

Seina Kamei is the first female heir to the Kamei Technological Group. She is strong and smart and beautiful... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 8

543 20 0
By Sindersalight

(Seina's POV)
The following week, the host club were once again in traditional dress. Though Tamaki-senpai seemed to have adopted hair extensions. I walked in to see Kaoru in tears because Hikaru was threatening to undress him and shook my head. So weird. I joined Haruhi who was watching them with a resigned expression. I patted her shoulder sympathetically.
'Acceptance is the most important stage Haruhi. You befriended that and now you have to live with it.' She laughed at the joke, knowing that no one understood her pain better than me.
'Haru-chan! Sei-chan!' A little voice wailed, causing us both to turn around. A tearful Honey-senpai was standing behind us with one bare foot. 'I lost my sandal! Can you help me look?'
Before we could say anything, Mori-senpai appeared with the missing sandal and slid it onto his cousin's foot.
'It was lying on the floor over there.' Honey-senpai jumped into Mori-senpai's arms, tears of gratitude running down his cheeks.
I scoffed under my breath, 'Mmm, regular everyday Cinderella.'
Haruhi meanwhile observed the suspicious amount of crying going on, bumping into Kaoru and causing a small bottle of fake tears to fall from his sleeve.
'Cheaters.'
They then began an argument about whether or not this was a fair tactic. I joined them, amused.
'You didn't know? They have these things lying all around their bedroom. I nearly put one in my tea the first time I went round to their place.' Tamaki-senpai jumped as if burned.
'Seina-san! You have been to their house!? Their bedroom!? I am beginning to think you spend too much time with these shady twins to be the positive influence my little girl needs in her life!'
I simply raised my eyebrows at him as two familiar pairs of arms snaked themselves around me. The twins smirked at Tamaki-senpai.
'Seina comes to us for all sorts of things...' He jumped back again, tears running down his face as he grabbed Haruhi. This naturally prompted yet another argument about fake tears which concluded with Tamaki-senpai advising that a true host can cry without eye drops.
Exasperated I went to sit beside Kyoya-senpai whose customers had left already. A smirk played on his lips but he barely looked up at me.
'If you continue to sit with me, people will begin to get the wrong idea.' For a moment I was caught off guard by my words being thrown back at me but I recovered quickly.
'Don't be absurd everyone knows I can't stand you. You're simply the only one in this madhouse with anything resembling a grip on reality, therefore I keep your company to maintain my sanity.' He stopped writing and glanced up at me for half a second. He looked sad but he was probably just tired.
'Is that so?'
'Very much so.'
Before our bickering could go any further we were interrupted by the twins addressing a new customer. She seemed to be lurking by the door. I couldn't blame her, the hosts were intense which could certainly be daunting. Tamaki-senpai swooped in to greet her, his princely persona in full swing as he rebuked the twins. However, she quickly became hysterical, yelling that he was a fake and not a true princely type. Everyone stood up and moved towards the door to see what the kerfuffle was all about. Once Kyoya-senpai appeared she halted in her tirade of insults and turned to him with adoring eyes. I exchanged bewildered looks with the others. This was weird even for a day in the host club.
Once she had been sat down on one of the couches, she introduced herself as Renge Hoshakuji, Kyoya-senpai's fiancé. This sent his so called best friend Tamaki-senpai into a sulk as he had apparently been left out of the loop. It quickly became clear as she babbled about Kyoya-senpai's kind actions and winning personality that not only did she not know him but she had him confused with a completely different person.
This naturally left me and the twins laughing so hard we struggled to stand up straight.
Kyoya-senpai as the one paying the most attention to her babbling was the first to realise that Hoshakuji-san was actually an otaku, in love with a dating sim character whom he resembled. Of course this was even funnier. Not that Kyoya-senpai saw it that way, his expression promising swift revenge. Though I did feel a little lighter when he announced that they were in fact not betrothed and had actually never met.
Then his alleged fiancé dropped her next bombshell. 'I am going to be this club's new manager!' Tamaki-senpai turned horrified to Kyoya-senpai but was quickly told to be polite and indulge her nonsense as she was an important Ootori client.

The next day, Tamaki-senpai was in high spirits having decided that Hoshakuji-san being the new manager might actually prove to be a good thing as being in Haruhi's class they could be friends and do cute feminine things together. Apparently this was essential given the 'shady' twins and the fact that I had been corrupted by their bad influence.
At that moment I was sat snuggly between the red heads, tapping away at my tablet as I edited an upcoming assignment. We had not been assembled together for long when Hoshakuji-san appeared at the door, bearing cookies. Tamaki-senpai made to take one but his hands were immediately slapped away as the cookies were intended for Kyoya-senpai. She then entered into some kind of fangirl fantasy, much like the ones Tamaki-senpai was known to dwell in.
Honey-senpai was quick to see the sweet treats and  nabbed one. Unfortunately for him, just as quickly as he realised it was burned Mori-senpai did too and confiscated the offending biscuit. Hoshakuji-san took this as an insult and chased the two around the club, while Honey-senpai sobbed fearfully.
During the distraction, the twins sidled over to Haruhi, clearly intent on being every bit as shady as they were accused of being. She nibbled innocently on the cookie, concluding that they were actually savoury and tasty.
I glanced at Kyoya-senpai knowing that he hated sweets and these would probably be to his liking, but he looked impassive and unimpressed. I smiled, inexplicably pleased by her failure to win him over.
Meanwhile, Hikaru was feeding Haruhi the cookie from his lips, practically kissing her in the process. Then Kaoru, not one to be left out, leaned over and licked some stray crumbs from her cheek.
To her credit she was very calm and did not lose her cool, unlike Tamaki-senpai who began shrieking and making allegations of sexual harassment. She simply stated that she could have managed a cookie by herself.
Before anyone could say anything else Hoshakuji-san gave a shout.
'These characters are half baked!' I looked around at them bewildered. Half baked? 'You all need a dark side!' She pointed to each host as she spoke, starting with Honey-senpai. 'You cannot simply be cute or you're no more than a baby. Mitsukuni "Honey" Haninozuka - the baby-faced thug!' Then Mori-senpai, 'Takashi "Mori" Morinozuka - the childhood flunkie!' Haruhi. 'A victimised honour student. Haruhi Fujioka - the bully's target!'
She then turned to the twins, 'Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin - the neurotic sports stars!'
By the time she got round to Tamaki-senpai, he was stood as if waiting for a physical blow. 'The school idol, adored by all but who has no one with whom to share his true feelings. Tamaki Suoh - the lonely prince!'
His facial expression immediately changed to one of deep angst as he adopted his given persona. Hoshakuji-san did not realise the monster she had created. Naturally she felt Kyoya-senpai was 'perfect' and didn't need to change at all, advising him to remain his 'kind self'. I scoffed, how could anyone misread another human being so badly? I felt my stomach turning at the sight of her gushing over him.
The twins stood, one leaning on each of my shoulders, similar expressions of detached curiosity on their faces as they watched the two.
'It's sickening watching them isn't it?' They both looked at me, surprised by my comment. They then glanced at each other and answered in unison.
'It is. But we're not sure you're sickened for the same reason we are.' I frowned, puzzled.
'Well why are you two sickened?'
'Because this is sickening to watch.' Answered Hikaru.
I folded my arms across my chest, not amused by their attempts to wind me up. 'That is exactly what I said! How is that different?' They snickered as they walked away.
'That's for us to know and you to find out on your own.'
I glanced back to where Kyoya-senpai was standing only to find him looking at me already, an infuriating smirk on his face. I blushed slightly as I looked away. This had to stop.

The next day I found the host club empty. For a second I wondered if I'd been sucked into a worm hole and emerged in a parallel universe where my friends weren't crazed nut jobs, fanatically involved in club activities. Then I saw a note and a covered plate at Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai's table. I opened the note to find Mori-senpai's deliberate precise, handwriting running across the paper. No words wasted as usual.
Seina-san,
We are outside filming Hoshakuji-san's 'dark side' film.
We are probably at the basketball courts. Eat your
sandwich. No excuses.
Mori
At the bottom in pink a little bunny face had been doodled alongside the words 'Yay Sei-chan' in what very well may have been the cutest handwriting I'd ever seen. No guesses needed as to who wrote that. I shook my head ruefully. They were sweet.
I picked up the sandwich and made my way out of the building towards the basketball courts. I'd never been inside before and initially had trouble getting my bearings in the cavernous room which was currently filled with screaming fans.
Eventually I spotted Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai sat near the back of the stands. Honey-senpai was leaning on his cousin, eyes drooping and head nodding as he struggled to stay awake. It appeared his nap plans had been disrupted and the consequences were setting in.
I sat down beside Mori-senpai, still munching on my sandwich. He smiled, giving a nod of approval and carefully ruffled my hair. I smiled brightly.
'Thank you for my sandwich Mori-senpai. You know you don't have to feed me? My family's chef is more than capable of preparing me lunch.' His smile faded slightly and he nodded slowly.
'I will keep making them for you till your engagement is announced. Then I'll stop. I don't want to cause you trouble.' I agreed with him, trying to ignore the sinking feeling in my chest. Already this was effecting my life.
Noticing my discomfort he offered a reassuring smile. I was just about to say something when I heard a cry of pain and gasps from the crowd. My head snapped round to face the court and I jumped to my feet, seeing Kaoru lying on the floor, a pained expression on his face. Just as I was about to rush down the stands to my friend's side Mori-senpai grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, a calm look on his face. Honey-senpai was asleep in his lap. If their fangirls weren't currently so distracted they'd be losing their minds at the adorable scene. Mori-senpai gave me a firm shake of his head.
'It's an act.'
I looked back at Kaoru who was lying on a stretcher, Hikaru clutching him dramatically. The two were performing an emotional monologue about feeling each other's pain. I sighed in relief as I realised Mori-senpai was right. If Kaoru was really hurt Hikaru's behaviour would be far more extreme in terms of anger and distress.
Once the crowds had been driven out of the basketball courts and back into the school building, we headed out to the fountain.
I had made to go back inside with the rest of the non club members but Honey-senpai, awake and bouncing around once again, had insisted it wouldn't be the same without me. This caught Tamaki-senpai's attention who was quick to throw an arm around my shoulders and reminded me that I was part of their little 'family'.
Hoshakuji-san gave a disapproving cough in our direction causing Tamaki-senpai to revert to his new angst ridden persona. I raised my hands in surrender and moved out of the way, falling into step beside Kyoya-senpai. She clearly didn't like this any better but was too busy directing to intervene.
The film crew had rigged up a sprinkler to mimic rain and naturally Tamaki-senpai was enjoying every sodden second, blazer off, striking mellow dramatic poses as he mourned his tragic life. I tried not to laugh at the enthusiasm with which he was carrying out his role.
Kyoya-senpai quirked an eyebrow at my pursed lips but said nothing as I swallowed my mirth. We quietly watched as Hoshakuji-san rushed around arms flailing, all to impress him.
'Maybe you should give her a chance. She's working really hard for you. I know you're not who she thinks you are but maybe you could get to know each other. You have that luxury. I meant it when I said you seem like you could do with some love. You never know, she might brighten your Kingdom of shadows.'
He stared at me, eyes widened and pink cheeks. I felt my own cheeks redden at his gaze. Then he burst out laughing, shaking with every breath. That caught me totally off guard, Kyoya-senpai was not one for such open emotions. It sounded genuine. I glared at him.
'Why are you laughing!? I am never going to be nice to you again.' I made to storm away from him but he composed himself and called out to me.
'Seina-san.' I turned slowly to look at him, hands on hip and one eyebrow raised to let him know I was still mad. The only problem was that in that moment, still laughing slightly, standing in the sun, he looked beautiful. My heart caught in my throat as he calmed down.
'I already have someone who brightens my Kingdom of shadows Seina-san.' Before he could say anything else I spun around and raced away.

Haruhi was running through some trees gasping for breath as she tried to outrun her pursuers. Honey-senpai was watching her with the same frightening, no nonsense face he adopted for fights in the dojo. Despite his stature he was quite convincing. Mori-senpai stood to his side.
'Mitskuni every time you hurt someone you only hurt your heart.'
'Quiet or I'll bend you over my knee again.' Honey-senpai began to advance on Haruhi once again but before long he burst into tears and ran into Haruhi's arms. 'I'm sorry Haru-chan! I'm sorry!' She carefully patted his head but Hoshakuji-san was displeased which only made his wailing worse.
A break was called as she scurried off to find a solution. I chatted to Haruhi while we waited for the manager to return. Hoshakuji-san appeared again not long after, wanting to introduce some new cast members. I recognised them as the sons of mob bosses and offered them a charming smile. They nodded their acknowledgment, appreciating the gesture. Hoshakuji-san however, gave me a look that clearly stated I was an unnecessary distraction.
Once again I surrendered and walked away. I was just about to round the corner when I heard an angry shout and spun to see the two boys shove Hoshakuji-san back, only for Haruhi to jump between her and the wall, protecting her.
'Haruhi-kun are you ok?' Haruhi looked at the other girl, clutching her injured arm.
'You can't judge people based on stereotypes Renge-san.'
Just then Tamaki-senpai rounded the corner. He caught one glance of Haruhi's tearful gaze and the angry boys stood behind her and launched himself at them, slamming one into the wall. He was once again Haruhi's divine avenger. However, she was quick to intervene on behalf of the boys, pointing out that Hoshakuji-san was the instigator and therefore responsible.
Once released, the boys were quick to run from Tamaki-senpai who turned to Haruhi, cupping her face in his hands.
'Are you alright Haruhi? Does it hurt?'
'Yeah, my contact lens came out.' She then swiped at her tears to reveal it was actually a stray contact lens. For a moment Tamaki-senpai smiled at her, clearly relieved that she was ok. His facial expression then transformed into a proud grin.
'A true host can cry without eye drops.' She smiled back at him. Then Hoshakuji-san's shrill voice interrupted the moment.
'Did you get that?' She demanded of the cameraman. 'What a perfect last scene!'
Before she could say anything more there was a smashing sound and we all turned to see Kyoya-senpai had smashed the camera lens with his fist.
'I cannot allow violence to smear the name of the host club.' As Hoshakuji-san began to protest, he turned on her. 'You have been a real pest.'
I winced at his icy tone, that was a strong shot of pure Kyoya-senpai. She looked at him with wide, tear filled eyes.
'No! You're meant to pat my head and tell me everything is ok!' Tamaki-senpai offered her a sympathetic smile.
'That's not who Kyoya is.' She dropped to her knees, her crush thoroughly crushed but Haruhi was quick to comfort her.
'It doesn't matter does it? So what if he's not quite what you thought. Sometimes it's fun to listen and watch and get to know someone yourself.' Everyone stared at Haruhi, caught of guard by her insight. Sometimes she was very wise.
I was about to follow my friends back inside but then I noticed Kyoya-senpai walking away in the opposite direction. I hesitated for half a second before giving chase. I caught up easily and kept pace with him as he walked towards the front gates.
'Kyoya-senpai where are you going?'
'Home.' It was then that I caught site of the blood dripping from the hand he broke the lens with. I grabbed his wrist, forcing him to come to a standstill.
'You're hurt. You need to see the school nurse.'
'Then I'd have to explain what happened. I will not endanger the good name of the club.' I didn't bother arguing the point but offered an alternative.
'I can fix you up.' He smirked at me.
'What are you going to do? Kiss it better?' I felt heat rise to my face.
'I happen to be fairly skilled at first aid but if you want to bleed to death, be my guest.'
He gave an exaggerated sigh. 'I am not going to bleed to death. But I will let you clean it up.' I smiled brightly.
'Good.'
I led him back to the classroom where I left my bags, dragging him along by his wrist. I gestured for him to sit on a chair and rummaged through my bag. I found my first aid kit quickly as it was near the top. I removed a bandage and an antiseptic wipe then led him down the corridor to the disabled toilet which had no gender rules.
I carefully rinsed away the worst of the blood from his hand before using the antiseptic wipe. He remained quiet and patient throughout the whole ordeal but watched me carefully the entire time. Once I was satisfied that the wound was clean I bandaged the injury and secured the fabric at his wrist.
'You're good at this.'
'I've had lots of practice during martial arts training. When I first started I was small and skinny. I used to get hurt a lot.'
'Really?'
'Mmm, my nose has been broken and reset three times.'
Carefully he reached out and gently touched my nose as if expecting me to jump away, feeling the bumps left by healed cartilage and scar tissue. I froze at his touch, uncertain how to react but he brushed his thumb against my cheek once then pulled away.
Like a gentleman he escorted me to my waiting car and courteously handed me over to the chauffeur. As my car sped away I wondered if I should have offered him a lift.

The next day, the host club customers were fangirling noisily, excited about the new film that had been released. Every host looked around in confusion. What film? The answer quickly became obvious as all eyes landed on Kyoya-senpai who was joyously scribbling in his notebook.
'I may have smashed the camera but the existing footage remained. It was shot by an accomplished Hollywood camera crew and seemed like a prime opportunity to expand our profit margins. I simply edited the footage to exclude the violence.' The other hosts seemed to accept this and moved on.
I was leaving to hand in some homework when I bumped into Hoshakuji-san. I offered her a polite smile and inclined my head.
'I'm sorry things didn't work out how you wanted Hoshakuji-san. Will you be returning to France?' She gave me a grateful smile.
'Thank you Kamei-san. I appreciate that. I'm actually planning to continue my studies here at Ouran. So I was hoping we could be friends? I'm Renge to you.'
'As you wish Renge-san. You may call me Seina.' She was just about to walk away when I turned back to her. 'Renge-san, I hope Kyoya-senpai didn't offend you. He can be rude and cold so don't take it personally.'
She shrugged. 'That's ok I've actually moved on. Haruhi is cute isn't he?' I pictured Tamaki-senpai's reaction to this and stifled a laugh.
'Oh yes, the cutest.'
'Also, it's come to my attention that Kyoya-kun's heart is already claimed.' She held my gaze till I cottoned onto her meaning.
'What!? Me? I'm not in love with Kyoya-senpai. We can't stand each other.'
'I didn't say anything about your feelings. That's another matter entirely. But I'm not wrong. All those years playing dating sims, I may not know much about Kyoya-kun but I know a lot about love.' She then flounced through the double doors of music room 3 and commenced chaos within the host club once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
7.5K 120 25
Irene, an innocent girl who gets abused by her father and brother. Kai, a ruthless mafia leader who wouldn't think twice before killing you what happ...
178K 3.9K 52
Gajeel is assigned to spy on Raventail for Master Makarov when he finds Ivan's little secret. Ivan's daughter, Maylene Dreyar, and poor Maylene is af...
50K 1.4K 16
Yuri! On Ice Fanfic Crystal loves skating and dance, but not enough for it to be a passion. She visits her cousin during one of his skating competit...