What is Home

By droppingashley

Some people are born into a home that was made for them, others have to spend years fighting for their place... More

// WARNING \\
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
THIS IS HOME

Chapter Forty-Four

905 26 12
By droppingashley

I went to the nurses even though that wasn't my original intent. I needed to get away without getting in trouble.

"How are you feeling Charlee?" The nurse undressed my foot, checking to make sure that everything was how it should be. My complaint of fake pain made her do this. But it didn't really need to be done. My foot was the least of my worries.

"Heart broken." I shrugged. "Seems to be normal lately." I laughed a little, not knowing why I was opening up to my damn school nurse about this.

"Boys suck, don't they?" I nodded my head as the nurse shot a rather perfect smile at me. "Ignore 'em. They aren't worth half the time you'll probably put into them."

"If that isn't the damn truth. First, I tell Pierce that we need to stop whatever it is we are doing behind Ally's back. Then, I go to rely on Grayson, which I told myself not to move my fucking trust from one person to another, but that's exactly what I did. And then Grayson comes back from lunch with another girl shoved up his ass. Like hello? I'm right here waiting for you like a lost fucking puppy dog." I sighed but then realized what I just said, and who I just said it to.

"Pierce Hudson and Grayson Coleman?"

"Ignore what I just said. You didn't hear any of it." I quickly tried to grab up my crutches to leave, but when I looked at my undressed foot, I sighed sitting back down on the bed.

"Good looking boys, but don't you think you deserve better? Pierce has a girlfriend. Grayson is Grayson, once he lost Emery he turned into someone who just slept with everyone."

"How do you know all of this?"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Pierce's older sister." My mouth dropped. You have got to be fucking kidding me.

"Biological sister." I dropped my back against the bed I was sat on. "The famous Charlee Baker that stole my brothers heart. Didn't know he had a sister at all, let alone a biological one, did you?"

"He never opens up, so no." I sat back up, studying the face of a woman who knew my forever better than I did. "I tried to just cut him off after what happened this past weekend and he goes shit talking me to my brother. I didn't want to hurt him. It's what had to be done so he could love the girl he actually has."

"It's what Pierce does. It's the only way he knows how to cut people off. He paints a picture of them as a person who is a piece of shit. He cut our entire family out of his life. When he went to stay with our mother he straight up just took emotional bullets and shot them at everyone. That's why no one in our family wanted him. That's why he ended up with you."

I couldn't even process the knowledge that was being thrown at me. I just stared at this girl who perfectly resembled him. She had his bright blue eyes. It's like someone cut out his and replaced hers with his. I didn't know how I didn't even realize how this girl was his practical twin.

"Nice jacket by the way." She smiled as she finished up wrapping tape around my foot. I pulled the jacket closer to me. "It's always been his favorite." She grabbed my hand to turn my arm over. "K-C." She ran fingers over two letters imbedded into the leather.

"What's K-C?" I looked up to meet her eyes.

"I'm Casey." She smiled. "Even when he hated me, he always had to have me close after I left." Pierce and his attachment to his biological family. "Well you should be all good now. I think I've shared enough information about my brother that I probably shouldn't have. But," she pulled me in for a hug, "it was nice to finally meet you. I'm always here if you ever need to rant about boys." She laughed. "Even if it is my brother."

A knock sounded at the door of the nurse's office before my, actually not my, blonde haired boy entered the room. "Charlee can we please talk?"

"I'm sorry Grayson but I think Charlee has a class she needs to get to."

"She's in lunch there is no class to get to." He hushed the kind girl, who was his best friend's sister. But he had no idea. He directed his attention back to me. "Please Charlee girl."

Be strong Charlee, be strong.

"I can explain everything."

"You can always explain everything. You always have an excuse waiting." I grabbed my crutches sliding them under my arms. "Did you make excuses for Emery too? Did you do this to her Grayson? Make her feel like your world and then rip that world away from her? Maybe that's why she was as fucked up as me." I hopped out of the nurse's office, or at least tried to before his hands wrapped around my body tightly.

The grip was tight like my father's. Images flashed of the arms being my father's. Tears for the second time in thirty minutes wet my face. Fear filled words escaped my lips. "Let go of me."

"Take back what you said and I will."

"Grayson she asked you to let go of her, so let go or you'll be out of this playoff game." I felt his head whip in Pierce's sister's direction behind me. This girl was going to be my saving grace at this school. A Kingston would always be my safe space. The threat from her made his arms drop to his sides.

"Thank you Casey." I said before exiting the room. I could feel Grayson looming behind me as I re-entered the cafeteria, seeing my brother now sitting at a table full of his friends. Friends that clearly were no longer mine.

"Charlee Baker." Grayson said from behind me as I sat at a table on the outskirts of the area filled with kids.

"Grayson Tyler." I said staring straight ahead avoiding meeting his presence.

"I wanted to stay with you but Ally wouldn't let me." I shook my head at his excuse. "Okay maybe that's a lie." I laughed already knowing that. "I didn't want to get stuck not wanting to leave your side like this morning." I laughed harder at that lie. He practically shoved me into my classroom trying to get away.

"Let me call your next lie; Charlee I actually like you." I finally laid eyes on the boy standing behind my chair. "Charlee, I'm not using you. Charlee, I-" His fingers clasped over my lips stopping the words from escaping.

Again flashbacks of my father stifling my screams flashed in my mind. I could tell fear shot to my eyes when Grayson quickly removed his hand.

"I'm trying so damn hard to let you in Grayson. I don't let people in. Here I am trying so hard to let you in when clearly I shouldn't. I actually felt happy seeing you this morning. Do you know the last time I was happy?" I shook my head. "You don't because the last time I was happy was when I was sat beside my best friend grossing out my roommate in the group home by pretending to kiss him. Or maybe we were actually kissing and that's what made me so happy. Because I felt actual love from someone." I closed my eyes for a second as Pierce's face lit up, a laugh escaping his soft lips as our faces parted. Genuine happiness unveiling all his guarded layers. "But what does it matter because that boy is gone." I looked over at Pierce sitting at the table with my brother. "The devil wrapped her arms around him and pulled him under." I looked back at Grayson who was lost in the confusion of my words.

"Kiss me. Let me make you happy." I couldn't believe him. I actually couldn't fucking believe him.

"You are unbelievable." His blue eyes danced to my lips and back to my eyes. Only causing my eyes to do the same as his tongue poked out to wet his lips. Lips that I had been thinking of all morning.

"Unbelievably stupid."

"You can say that again."

"Unbeli-" Every single word leaving his mouth had his grip wrapping tighter around me, or I guess, more my grip around him wrapping tighter. He had me as wrapped around his finger as one could be. Because he was the only person trying. He brought his face closer to mine restarting his words. "Unbelievably stupid." His words drifted like a boat out on the open waters from his mouth. It was smooth as butter. He had me wanting to push my lips against his. "Do it Charlee" He said in a whisper for only me to hear.

I brought my bottom lip in between my teeth for just a few seconds, knowing how incredibly stupid I was for what I was about to do. I needed to do this. I needed to get over Pierce. Stupid fucking Pierce. Pierce who was just shit talking me to my damn brother. As the thoughts of Pierce's words started to fill me with anger, I pushed my lips into Grayson's. Stupidity taking over.

"Mmm." Grayson let out as his lips pulled away from mine. "Now that's my Charlee girl." A smirked played on his lips like he had just won a battle we were fighting. Because he indeed just had.

"Been dreaming of my lips all day Gray?" I laughed knowing it was far from the truth. My conviction just wasn't as it was this morning. It sounded stupid leaving my lips now.

"Every day since you entered this school Charlee girl." He tried to wink but failed the task as both of his eyes closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 204K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
2.9M 71.9K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
784K 25.3K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
183K 7.1K 50
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other