Dolore di Layla

By MzTitania

Married to a man who would go to ends of the earth to make her happy, Layla didn't live the picture perfect l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
THE ASSASSIN'S TALE

Chapter 10

2.7K 64 6
By MzTitania

       A smile lingered on her lips as her fingertips glazed over the soft lace fabric her magnificent dress was made of, every piece of her body ached to welcome this masterpiece. She moved to feel the diamonds that decorated the neckline and the side slit. Kay was right, this dress would look breathtaking on her, this would sure as hell win Xaviar's attention back in both their opinions.

       She moved gracefully to the bathroom for a bath, pouring in her scented oil into the tub of warm water, Layla dipped herself in. Her smooth skin welcomed the steamy feeling that came along with the liquid. A certain sensation ran through her bones, one she hadn't felt in a while. It felt like her husband's fingertips glazed through her skin but that was the effect from the warm water.
   she relaxed more into the tub, straightening herself as her bones relaxed in, the worries and stress of this last months long forgotten.

        Two month ago, Mrs Lucasino had packed up her bags all ready to walk out of the life she had always wished for.

Okay let's rephrase

She was ready to walk away from a horrible version of the life she had always wished for but her rescue mission was cut short when her  lunatic husband intervened.

     After the unpleasant experience that day, whatever plans she had of escaping was thrown out of the windows and Layla decided on taking a brave step, she decided on making her marriage work no matter it's cost.
  Each day she would wake up with a will and purpose, a purpose to steer clear of Xaviar and avoid triggering his aggressive side that is until she finds a way to fix it. So far she was doing excellently well.

      Diego and Xaviar's friendship however had a strain ever since that day, Diego saw his friend in a new light, one he had failed to see over these years. He couldn't understand how he failed to see the sickening glint that shone in Xaviar's eyes each time he pulled the trigger ending someone's life. If he had seen these signs sooner he would never have let Layla get involved in this sham of a marriage.

          Two days after the tragic incident, Diego paid Layla a visit while her husband was busy at work . What he saw that day could never be erased  from his memory. Layla looked like a shell of herself. Marks decorated her once beautiful skin, a busted lip and hand marks on her face were just few on the list. The way she crunched even while sitting on the sofa was enough to let him know some important bones were broken.
He wasted no time in calling over the family doctor who came in as soon as he could. Layla considered Diego her guardian angel, if he hadn't come when he did she had her doubts Xaviar would have called for help. Maybe she wouldn't be in this tub right now, lip healed, marks gone and bones doing great.

    Her bestfriend Kay wasn't thrilled with the news either. She made her point very clear to Layla on her disapproval to staying with a man like Xaviar. In her words
"Xaviar deserves to be alone"

Layla on her part was too hot headed to see reality, she was suddenly so keen on making her marriage work. As the saying goes -if you can't beat them, you join them. That was exactly what Kay did. Since she couldn't convince Layla on the latter, she decided to support her. It was at that moment the females decided on getting this magnificent piece of clothing, to remind Xaviar of the queen he was married to.

        A gala was being held at this particular time every year, it was some sort of tradition for the elites in the society. prestigious persons from all around would grace the occasion which meant the Lucasino's would most definitely make an appearance, that was what the beautiful black lace sideslit dress was gotten for.
  Layla would surely steal the night dressed in that, media houses would carry stories on the Lucasino family and Layla would use it as an opportunity to remind her husband what he had. Everything was perfectly planned out, she would be killing three birds with one stone.

She exited the tub, wrapping a towel on both her head and body she made her way to the closet humming a tune that doesn't exist.  Whilst in the closet, Layla drops the towel covering her body as if she were in some body wash commercial. She starts applying some glow oil to her skin but stops when a goofy smile spreads across her face.

I cant wait to see the look on his face when he sess how beautiful I look tonight. 

     as this thought swam through her mind, her smile increased.

     When she was done, she moved to get ready. Keeping the make up on the natural side but with sexy red lips, she put on the dress which hugged her perfectly. It had been a long time since she had felt this beautiful.  She worked on her hair next and decided on putting it in a neat bun just to highlight her perfect cleavage that was exposed by the dress.

     A short knock on the door drew her attention making her rush over to open up. Her hopes died when the doors opened to reveal a random guard and not Xaviar.

   "Is Xaviar here yet??" She asked

   "no signora, I was sent to get what you'd like to have for dinner "

       Layla stared at the young man before her like he had grown a second head.
How dumb could he and the maids be?

She thought as she searched for words to reply to his absurd question. A minute later she still was yet to give an answer

   "mia regina??" He called out

Her face crunches in irritation as she recalled what he was here for
"am I a joke to you guys???"

  "What??" The guy asked unsure of what she meant

Without giving him a second glance or a reply, she shut the door at his face and went back to her business.

    Twenty minutes later she was all set and ready to be the center of attention.

she walks out of the room to be met with the standing figure of her guard
"Blanc is Xaviar here yet??" She questions as she walks to the living room with Blanc following right behind her

  "no signora"

That was quite odd, her husband had a reputation of never being late. Infact she was the queen of lateness whereas Xaviar had always been the one waiting and rushing to leave for every occasion. This was the first time he had ever run late.

           siting on the couch, she picked up a random magazine that had been forgotten on the center table, her mind wandered to her husband and she guessed it was him who had left it there.  Glancing through the pages, she only paused once in a while to check what time it was.

    The next time she glanced at her wrist watch, it was 9pm. Shuffling of feet and hushed tones caught her attention. It was the house staff they were closing for the day and Xaviar still wasn't here. She looked behind her where Blanc still stood rooted in place

"You're not heading home?"

"not yet" his reply came short and Layla give him a small smile with a nod before going back to the magazine in her hands.

     The ringing of her mobile phone disrupted her action as he quickly pulled out the device from her bag. Disappointment washing over her when she saw the caller was Kay rather than Xaviar

"I'm still at home Kay, Xaviar is running late which is real weird. The red carpets started 30mins ago and he's not here yet- -"

   "LAYLA!" Her bestfriend spoke loudly immediately shutting her up

      "uhm Kay is everything okayyy??"

"Listen to me Lay, turn on the TV right now "

"i dont think this is the right time to do that Kay, Xa- -"

   "JUST DO AS I SAY DAMIT! GO TO E ENTERTAINMENT!" She insisted

   "fine, I'll do it right away " Layla finally gave in and did as told.

      Layla's eyes widened in shock and unbelief as she watched the red carpet host interviewing a couple. Not any couple but her husband who stood alongside a blonde blue eyed female she couldn't recognize.

     "I hope you enjoy the party Mr Lucasino, it was a pleasure speaking to you both " the female host said as she watched Xaviar walk away hands locked with the unknown blonde chick.

    The female was elegantly dressed in a Burgundy Mermaid Evening Dress. It was sleeveless as well as Backless with Gold and Crystal Sequins.
   Her model like body illuminated the dress making it look sexy and also classy.

        She couldn't believe her eyes, Xaviar wasn't running late. He had infact stood her up taking another female he deemed worthy enough.

Hot tears brimmed her eyes immediately as she recalled the way his eyes shone and lips curled into a genuine smile as he looked at his date.

    "Layla, are you still there??? I was going through the channels looking for anything interesting when I stumbled upon it.  Don't fucking shed a tear babes he's not worth it " Kay said calmly

   "I -don't believe it- like why-like what did I do wrong??"

"nothing! You did absolutely nothing wrong. And if he can't notice how awesome you are then it's his loss. Should I come over?? I'll be there right away if you want me to "

  "no don't - I'll be fine don't worry about me. I've gotta go now " She quickly ended the call and switched off her phone.

     She turned to meet Blanc pityful eyes
"he's not coming is he?"

   Unable to give her a response, he cast his gaze to the ground.

    Willing her body slowly, she made her way to the kitchen, taking a glass she moved to the wine cabinet and took two bottles of  Palo Cortado Sherry wine. She needed to numb this aching feeling she felt, she needed to stop being disappointed at herself.

      As she took furious steps up the stairs, Blanc hurried right behind her becoming aware of what she held in her hands.

"Signora please give me the wine, it's alcoholic context is on the high side, it won't be good for you. I could get you another "

   she ignored every word her guard had to utter, she couldn't understand why he would think she would heed to his words after all he had seen the sort of humiliation her husband had dished out to her.

"I know what I'm doing Blanc, I'm not a child!" She spat out angrily shutting the door once she was in the bedroom.

      I slid down the door as the tears I'd been holding back pushed down my eyes heavily. Without a minute to sob I opened the bottle, debating if I should use the glass or not, deciding against it I drank it the old fashioned way. I just wanted to be drunk and numb not caring about how fucked I'd be the following morning

   Taking three more gulps, tears poured out my eyes as memories of seeing my husband with a random female on television clouded my mind.

What did she have that I didn't???

Was she prettier???

Was she smarter??

Was she richer???

I couldn't place a finger on it, I didn't even know the girl for goodness sake. 

Pouring more gulps of the wine into my mouth, I took sloppy steps to the walk in closet. I don't know how long I stood there staring at his shirts and expensive suits. I reached forward and took one of them, holding it close to me, I greedily sniffed in his rich Cologne.

Xaviar

his muscular body and perfectly sculptured face grazed through my mind and I felt a sudden pang in my heart. Bringing the bottle to my mouth again I continued from were I had stopped in my drinking. Each time I felt the pain and rejection, I calmed the feeling down by chugging down the alcohol not caring how my throat or body reached to it.

Have you ever been so furious you lacked words to explain it so you just sit there crying and let your actions speak.

That was where I was at.

   I suddenly felt so irritated at my husband, I  crawled back to where I had been seated before and took the second bottle of wine along with me.
Going back to closet, I drank from the almost finished bottle before smashing it. Pieces of glass scattered round where I sat with some tiny piece getting into my skin. non second later, a wave of intoxication hit me and I pulled down my husband's fine tailored Italian suits. I stared at the mess before me somewhat confused until my eyes caught sight of a large broken piece from the bottle.

It pricked my palms immediately I picked it up but somehow I was immune to the pain. Choosing a random suit, I went to work. with each tear of the cloth I felt my body come to life, I felt the pain subside a little

But would the pain really go away??

     By the time I was done with a handful of the suits there were shredded materials around me, blood decorated the area and I was a wailing mess.
I ran my hand painfully through my hair in an attempt to keep it at bay as it stock out in different directions.  By now the second bottle was half gone from my irresponsible drinking.

  Sincerely I wasn't one to drink through my problems but this situation had gone above my power. I just wanted an easier way out.

    I managed to move my sore body into a position where I could lay down. My bones suddenly ached from sitting on the hard floor for so long.
I could feel tiny particle Pierce into my skin as I stretched on the floor to a laying position.

      Layla's eyes remained closed as she wincined in pain from time to time. What was yet to be understood was if the pain was from the numerous cuts she had sustained or if it was as a result of  her husband's betrayal.  Fresh tears escaped her eyes as she suddenly became aware of his sent which surrounded her.

She missed him terribly.

    "You can go home Blanc, I'll take it from here "

Her ears perked up as she heard his voice. There was a rapid thudding of her heart with a slight contracting from the pain of his betrayal.

"Xaviar" She croaked out. Her voice was hoarse from all the crying.

    Her hands searched aimless around her till it touched the bottle of wine she had remained. Just as she took a swing of the liquid, the doors to the closet were opened.

         His eyes scanned the mess she had created before he looked at her frail wounded figure.

  "You were having quite the time of your life "  He moved to pick her up

"s-stay -b-back- ma-anw-whore" She stuttered, an effect of the alcohol.

      "okayy" He held his hands up in surrender standing still.

    Mustering courage,she pulled herself off the floor wincing in pain.

    "You're bleeding Layla" he rushed to her side

  "-you -do-dont say - capt-tain obvioussss" She pushed Xaviar away as she wobbled her way into the bedroom. Holding onto the wall to avoid falling over.

Xaviar followed behind her carefully watching, his eyes planted firmly on the various cuts on her body. Never in his life had he seen her in such a state.

    She reeked of alcohol, the whole room did. Her hair and cloth were a mess, she looked nothing like her normal composed self. Face and eyes red and puffy with a running nose.

      "You shouldn't be drinking Layla" he said as her body met the comfort of their bed.

    Her cuts immediately leaving patches of red while she pushed herself in. Neither she nor Xaviar could careless of the stains she made.

      "a-and you shouldn't be whoring -around! But-a-am I -complaining??"  She questions poking an accusing finger in the wrong direction

     "I'm over here tesoro" he sighs

   "I-know tha-t" She says still facing the wrong direction

      "why -would you- humiliate -me -like -that- Xaviar.. Who i-is the b-blonde bimbo-o??"  Layla hiccuped

     "a friend" He replied dismisively

"you -lying -bastard!!"  Her water works begun again, she cried screaming random words at Xaviar, some had no meaning at this point, he sat beside her on the bed.

      "Hey, listen to me" his hands carresed her cheeks as she wept

    "Listen to me Layla" his hands ranked through her hair in a soothing manner

        "she's no one"

He placed a kiss on her forehead before moving to the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

   Walking back out, he was met with the struggling figure of Layla close to the door.

    "Where to Layla??"

  "I need a drink"

    "you can't even walk properly and you still want another bottle "

"Don't -jjudge -me" her hand clung to the door in a failed attempt to pull it before her body slumped to the ground in a loud thud, with her husband rushing to her side in a flash.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 90 16
SORRY I WON'T DO THAT AGAIN. ! A someone who was bearing all this shit screamed so hard and heard own acho in woods. ??:- I was forced to marry you...
586K 17.6K 52
𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐞𝐱-𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 �...
80.4K 6.1K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...