My Complicated Life! (AU Harr...

Galing kay sassygirl93

Eva Jackson was that one girl in high school everyone knows about. Nearly all of them thought she was the coo... Higit pa

My Complicated Life! (AU Harry Styles Fanfic)
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62
Chapter 63:
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65:
PLEASE READ!!!
Chapter 66:
Chapter 67:
Chapter 68:
Chapter 69:
Chapter 70:
Chapter 71:
Chapter 72:
Chapter 73:
Chapter 74:
Chapter 75
Chapter 76:
Chapter 77:
Chapter 78
Chapter 79:
Epilogue:

Chapter 37

20K 406 102
Galing kay sassygirl93

A/N: THIS IS #830 IN FANFICTION :) I'm so happy, let's get this number smaller eh? :) 

Eva’s POV

“I don’t think—“ Louis starts but Jolene cuts him off.

“None of your business Louis.” She snaps at him, Eleanor wraps her hand around his bicep, and he closes his mouth.

“Eva?” Jolene pushes me to answer, I look to Liam and Harry for help.

“I don’t-“

“She doesn’t need to answer that.” Harry cuts me off.

“What, do you speak for her?” Carl asks, this isn’t going well….

“No, she is very capable of speaking for herself, but she—“

“We don’t need to have this conversation right now.” Elise states firmly.

“It’s a simple yes or no answer—Eva do you hold it against us?” Jolene pushes again, I look over at Liam and he nods his head.

“Yes.” I answer, her smile falters and she looks over at her husband. He doesn’t really seemed surprised at my answer, but she does.

“And you have every right to hold that against us.” Carl smiles at me.

What?

“Hopefully one day you will look at us differently.” He adds, he nudges his wife and she agrees. So far I like Carl WAY better than Jolene.

“Eva and Harry if you want to come with me I will introduce you to my parents.” I’ve never wanted to go anywhere with Elise more than I do now.

“Sounds good.” Harry mumbles so only I can hear.

“Okay.” I nod at Liam’s parents and follow Elise. Her parents are a lot nicer, and the rest of her family is nice as well. Liam keeps apologizing to me and Harry about his parents, but I know he doesn’t have control over them.

“Lunch will be served in five minutes, so everyone please make their way to the table.” Jolene announces.

“I wish we could go.” I tell Harry as we walk to the table.

“We can if you want.” He offers.

“We should at least stay for lunch.” I groan.

“If you change your mind I will gladly leave.” We both laugh as we look for our names cards, thankfully we are sitting by Louis and Eleanor. Lunch was nice, I was able to get to know Louis and Eleanor a lot better, and they were able to get to know me and Harry.

“I want to thank everyone for coming in town to help us during this trying time—we really do appreciate it.” Liam thanks everyone after everyone finishes lunch. No one has brought up Elise’s cancer, not that I blame them…

“You know we will be there for you no matter what.” One of Elise’s cousins smiled. After some more chit chat everyone disperses to do their own thing.

“I’m ready to go.” I tell Harry.

“Of course, let’s go.” He nods.

“Let me say goodbye to Liam.” I tell him, he nods, and we walk over to Liam.

“We are going to head out.” I tell him.

“Okay I understand. I’m really am sorry about my parents, I didn’t know they would be like that.” Liam apologizes again.

“Just don’t be surprised if I don’t want to be near them anytime soon.” I tell him.

“I wouldn’t ask you too, not after today.” He looks embarrassed. Elise, Louis, and Eleanor walk up to us.

“Leaving?” Louis asks me.

“Yes, I’m going to get our coats.” Harry kisses my cheek before leaving my side.

“You two are really cute together.” Elise smiles at me.

“Oh—umm thanks.” I blush.

“Is he treating you right?” Louis asks, he doesn’t know much about Harry other than what happened to my wrist.

“Yes he is.” I smile.

“Thank you for coming today.” Elise pulls me into a hug.

“Remember our talk.” She whispers in my ear.

“Of course.” I pull away and smile at her, she steps away, and Liam pulls me into his chest.

“Keep me updated on Monday, please.”

“I was going to too.”

“Here.” Harry hold up my shawl, I turn around and slip my arms through the holes, while he pulls it up my back. He puts on his coat and says a quick goodbye to everyone.

“Drive safe.” Liam tells Harry.

“Yupp.” Harry and I walk past Liam’s parents and out the front door. I have no need to say goodbye to them. We get to Harry’s car and quickly lock ourselves inside, he then pulls out of Liam’s driveway.

“Are you okay?” Harry reaches over and places his hand on my thigh.

“I don’t know.” I reply honestly.

“What did Liam want?” I change the subject.

“We called a truths—what did Elise want?”

“Same thing.” I don’t want to tell him she wants me to look after Liam and the girls in case she dies. I have a strange feeling he won’t be okay with that.

“Can we go to the beach?” I ask Harry when we leave Liam’s neighborhood.

“It’s going to be a bit cold.”

“Please, I need a quiet place to think.”

“And you think going to the beach with me is going to be quiet?” He laughs, I look at him with raised eyebrows, which he catches out the corner of his eye.

“I think I have a blanket in the boot.” He says when he realizes I’m not kidding. He drives to a spot on the beach where he can park his car on the sand, he backs up so the trunk is facing the water. We get out and walk to the back of the car, he opens the trunk, and I climb in and lean against the back seat.

“Why exactly do you have a blanket in the back of your car?” I ask as he slides in next to me with the blanket in his hands. Did he use it with Lizzie? Did he and Lizzie do anything on this blanket?

“So I don’t sit in the sand when I go to the beach.” Harry fans out the blanket over our legs.

“ And no I’ve never used it with a girl before.” He reads my mind.

“How did you?”

“I would’ve wondered the same thing.” He shrugs. He leans against the backseat and picks me up and moves me so I’m sitting in between his legs, I lean against his chest, and he wraps his arms around my chest.

“This is nice.” He mumbles in my ear.

“Yeah.” I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, while listening to the wave’s crash. After a few minutes of silence Harry speaks up.

“His parents are a little—“ he trails off

“Yes they are.”

“I'm sorry that was your first experience with them.”

“It's fine. I'd rather it happen now then it happen after I got to know them. Everyone now knows how everyone feels.” I shrug.

“I know, but I was hoping for a better introduction than that.” He starts rubbing up and down my arm.

“I guess I was too, but it is what it is. Thanks for standing up for me.” I turn my head to look at him, he looks down and smiles, before pressing his lips against mine.

“Anytime.” He smiles against my lips, I press my lips harder against his. He pulls away before things get heated, I curl up into his chest and listen to his heartbeat mixed with the sound of the ocean. We sit in silence wrapped in each other’s arms until I’m almost asleep.

“We should get home before my mum starts calling.” Harry’s deep voice startles me, I don’t say anything I simply sit up and scoot to the edge of the trunk.

“You okay?” He places a hand on my shoulder stopping me from getting out.

“Yeah.” I turn and shoot him a smile.

“Are you sure?” he doesn’t believe me.

“Yes.” I smile. I hop out of the car and walk to the front passenger seat and jump in. Harry moves out of the trunk and closes the trunk and walks over to the driver’s side.

“Did I do something?” Harry asks when he gets into the driver seat.

“No, why would you think that?” I furrow my eyebrows.

“You seem pissed.” He starts his car.

“I’m fine, I’m just tired and have a lot on my mind.” I try to reassure him, but by the look on his face I did the opposite.

“This was supposed to help you clear your mind.” He sounds annoyed.

“If you didn’t want to come with me you should’ve just said so.” I retort.

“I didn’t say that—don’t put words in my mouth.” He seethes.

“I’m sorry, I just want to know why your mood changed.” He apologizes when he stops at a red light.

“No, I’m sorry I shouldn’t have taken my anger out on you. It’s just the more I think about my so called grandparents and –“

“And what?” Harry looks at me briefly.

“It’s just something Elise said.” I wave it off.

“What did she say?” I don’t respond, instead I stare out the window. He groans in frustration, but doesn’t say anything.

“She just wants me to look after Liam and the girls if something happens to her.” I finally tell him.

“She what?”

“She has no right—“ He fumes.

“This is why I didn’t want to say anything.” I mutter under my breath.

“Eva—she doesn’t have the right to ask you to do that. You might be their blood, but you aren’t a part of their family.”

Ouch, that hurt.

“I know I don’t have a family, thanks for reminding me.” I bark. Out of the corner of my eye I see his eyes widen in realization of what he just said to me.

“That’s not what I meant.” He already said it and I can’t just brush it off my shoulders. What he said hurt, but it hurts worse coming from him.

“K.”

“Eva—that’s not what I meant. I just don’t think it’s fair for her to ask such a big favor from you when you don’t have a strong relationship with them.” His voice is shaky.

“Whether it’s fair or not she asked me.” I don’t want to fight with him right now.

“Did you tell her you would?” He asks as he parks his car in the driveway. I don’t say anything while I get out of his car and walk to the front door. Before I can even take my house keys out of my clutch, Harry walks up behind me and reaches around me and unlocks the door.

“Thanks.” I open the door and walk inside.

“I can’t believe you told her you would look after them.” Harry takes my silence as his answer. I ignore him and walk to the kitchen to make a cup of tea. I don't really understand why he is getting SO mad about this, I knew he wouldn’t be happy, but I didn’t think he would be this mad.

“I said I would try.” I roll my eyes at him even though he can't see. I enter the kitchen a few steps ahead of Harry and see his parents standing at the counter with glasses of wine. I smile at them and walk to the Keurig to start heating up the water.

“You don't ow-“ Harry stops when he sees his parents.

“Hey, how'd it go?” Emily asks with a smile.

“It could've been worse.” I don't want to get into a details right now. I just want to make a cup of tea and go to bed.  

“She promised Elise that she would look after Liam and the girls if she dies.” Harry informs them, my head snaps over to glare at him.

“Are you kidding me?” I snarl.  

“Hey, hold on-- what's going on?” Isaac looks between Harry and myself.

“What’s wrong with Elise?” Emily asks me.

“She has stage three ovarian cancer, and she asked Eva to look after Liam and the girls if she dies.” Harry tells her, while glaring at me.  

“Eva doesn’t owe her anything.” He adds.

“What was I supposed to say Harry—she is dying and she is asking me to look after her family—was I supposed to tell her no!” I shout at him.

“You don’t owe them anything.” Harry repeats while he runs a hand through his hair.

“I know, but I feel bad for those little girls Harry—“ I say a little calmer now.

“It’s not easy growing up without a mom, and I don’t want that for them.” Harry has a mom and always has, so he doesn’t get what it’s like not having a mom.

“You can’t be their mom.” Harry points out.

“I wouldn’t want to be, but I can be their big sister.” I retort. Harry’s face softens and looks at his dad.

“Why are you so mad about this?” I ask.

“I just don’t want them to take advantage of your desire to have a real family.” Harry says softly.

“That’s sweet Harry, but was getting mad really the proper way to handle it?” Emily talks as if he is five.

“No.” He huffs like a five year old. I look over at Isaac and he smiles and shakes his head, I laugh quietly. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Harry look so childlike. It’s kind of cute.

“I’m sorry.” Harry looks at me, I nod and finish making my cup of tea.

“Would you like to sit and talk?” Emily asks me.

“Yeah.” I smile, I grab my mug and follow her to the living room. Harry and Isaac are nowhere to be found.

“I sent him to bed.” Emily laughs.

“Harry meant well.” She defends her son.

“I know, I just didn’t need that from him today.” I sit on the couch.

“What happened today?” She asks, I take a deep breath, and tell her what happened today.

“Don’t they seem lovely?” Emily says sarcastically, I laugh, and take a sip of tea.

“At least Liam had your back.” She adds.

“Yeah, can I ask you a question?”

“Of course.” She smiles.

“Is it weird that I was a bit happy when Liam called me his daughter?” I look down at my lap, avoiding eye contact with her. She stands up and sits down next to me, she places her hands on my knee, causing me to look up at her.

“It’s definitely not weird honey.”

“Eva, he is your biological dad and you haven’t had a great childhood, so it’s normal for you to feel happiness when he calls you his daughter.” Tears are streaming down my face.

 “You’re getting everything you’ve always wanted.” She grabs my mug and puts in on the coffee table before she pulls me into a hug.

“It’s okay to let him in. It sounds like your heart is ready to accept him as your dad now, so you should let him.” She whispers in my ear.

“But what if he doesn’t want to be my dad with everything going on with Elise?” I cry.

“That won’t change anything. He wants to be a part of your life and I don’t think anything will change that.” She pulls me back at arm’s length, and wipes away my tears.

“What if Harry is upset with me for wanting a father daughter relationship with Liam?” I ask.

“Oh sweetie he won’t be upset with you. He is just protective of the ones he cares about.” She pushes a piece of hair behind my ear.

“Since he was a little boy he has always been protective—he has especially been protective of the girls in his life, whether it’s a cousin, friend, or in your case girlfriend.” I can picture a little Harry protecting his little friends on the playground from all the bullies.

“You should got talk to him.” Emily surprises me.

“He wasn’t trying to start a fight. He was just looking out for you—He hates seeing you hurt and upset.” I don’t say anything I just sit and take in everything she has said.

“Okay, I guess I will go talk to him before I call it a night.” I smile at her. She smiles and pulls me into another hug.

“I’m really happy that you two are together.” She smiles.

“Thanks, and thank you for listening and for the advice—you’re the closest thing I’ve had to a real mom and I’m very thankful for that.” I tell her softly.

“Anytime love.”  She pats my back. I thank her one more time before I heading to the kitchen to put my empty tea cup in the sink. I then I nervously head upstairs towards Harry’s room.

Harry’s POV

“Harry, you need to remember she never had a father or mother figure.” My dad gave me a few minutes to cool down before he followed upstairs to talk.

“Doesn’t mean she has to look after Liam and the girls if Elise dies.” I don’t mean to sound heartless, but I just don’t think Eva owes Elise ANYTHING.

“Maybe not to you, but maybe Eva feels like she does.” My dad pauses and takes a deep breath.

“If you want to continue your relationship with her I suggest you support whatever she does if god forbid Elise does die.” He walks up to me and pats my shoulder.

“I guess I can try and do that.” I sigh in defeat.

“Good, now be a man and go give her a real apology, because the one downstairs was shit.” He turns me around and pushes me towards my bedroom door. I open the door and see Eva walking towards me. Her eyes are red and puffy, she’s been crying. Did I make her cry?

“Goodnight Eva.” My dad smiles as he pushes past me.

“Night.” She forces a smile. When my dad is out of sight I turn my attention to Eva.

“Can we talk?” We say at the same time, we laugh softly. I step aside and open my door a bit wider to let her in. She walks in and plops down on my bed, I close my door, and walk over and sit down next to her.

“Can I go first?” I ask her, she nods and turns her body to face me.

“I’m so sorry for how I reacted. I should have and still need to remember they’re the only family you have, and that you’re going to feel a pull to them.” I pause and take a deep breath.

“I said something’s I shouldn’t have and I’m truly sorry for that. I will support you no matter what you decided to do if something happens to Elise. But--” I pause not knowing if I should say what I want to.

“But?” She encourages me.

“But, if I feel like you’re being taken advantage of I’m going to tell you.” I hold my breath as I wait for her to respond.

“I’m not easily taken advantage of, well I don’t’ think I am.” She laughs softly, I release the breath I’ve been holding.

“I appreciate you wanting to look out for me, but you need to trust my decisions—“ She pauses and looks down at her lap.

“I think I want a relationship with Liam.” She doesn’t look at me. I stare at her in shock, a week ago she couldn’t stand the guy.

“When he called me his daughter—I don’t know it felt right.” She whispers.

“What changed? Because it was like a week ago that you could barely stand him.” I ask.

“I think Elise’s diagnosis opened my eyes and made me realize that life is too short.” She finally looks up.

“I’m not saying I want to call him ‘dad’ but I want to open my heart and allow him into my life.” She explains.

“I guess I can respect that.” I don’t really know what to say…

Eva’s POV

Harry is clearly at a loss of words, so I lean forward and press my lips firmly against his. It takes him a half a second to respond, but he finally kisses me back with just as much force. He grabs the back of my neck and pulls me closer to him. I wrap my hand in his hair and softly tug at the ends, causing him to groan. My stomach clenches at the amazing sound I caused.

He wraps his arm around my waist and tries to pull me into his lap, but this damn long tight skirt prevents it. I pull my hand out of his hair and use it to bunch my skirt up high enough so I can straddle him, his lips never once leaving mine. He runs his tongue over my bottom lip before biting my lower lip making me gasp.

He takes the opportunity and slips his tongue into my mouth. He wraps his arm around my back and pulls me closer to his chest, so my chest is flush against his. I involuntarily roll my hips against him, he moans against my lips. The sound of his moan and the sensation of Harry’s lips on mine, and his hands roaming my body causes a moan to slip past my lips.

“Damn.” He groans, he lips moves away from mine, across my jaw, and down my neck. Another moan leaves my lips when he finds my sweet spot between my collarbone and the base of my neck, I roll my hips against his and it’s then that I feel him harden beneath me.

“Harry.” I whisper in his ear.

“God you sound so sexy moaning my name. Say it again.” He whispers huskily against my neck.

“Harry…stop.” I place my hand on his chest and gently push him away.

“What’s wrong?” He rests his forehead against mine, as we both try and catch our breath.

“We can’t.”

“I know.” He sighs and nods his head.

“That was—amazing though.” He leans back to look at me. I blush and look down at our laps, I stare at the prominent bulge in his jeans.

“I think we both need a cold shower.” I giggle, I’m just as aroused as he is, but I can hide it—he can’t, well not in those tight jeans.

“Yeah.” He laughs quietly. I climb off his lap and stand in front of him, I pull my skirt back down and try to fix my hair.

“So I’m guessing I’m forgiven for being an in considerate douche?”

“Yeah.” I laugh.

“We should fight more, so we can do that again when we make up.” He stands up and grabs my hand, sending chills throughout my body. It’s amazing how one touch can send my body into a frenzy.

“Yeah, but can we take out the fighting part and just make out?” I laugh.

“Definitely okay with that.” He presses his lips against mine, he tries to deepen it, and so I pull away.

“Go take a cold shower.” I point to his jeans.

“Is asking you to join me completely out of the question?” He smirks.

“Yes, now go.” I giggle and push him towards his bathroom, before walking to the bedroom door.

“Eva?” Harry’s voice stops me, I turn around to look at him.

“I love you.” He hesitantly says, we haven’t said it since his birthday party.

“I love you too.” I smile at him, he smiles and walks into his bathroom, closing the door behind him. I walk out of his room and rush into my own, I rush to the bathroom and strip out of my clothes and turn on the cold water. The things that boy does to me—My ENTIRE body is pulsating, because of his touch. I step under the cold water and try to forget what just happened on Harry’s bed… Easier said than done!

A/N:

Please VOTE and COMMENT! If you can follow me as well. I really want this story to really take off and become popular. I know I’m lucky for all the reads, votes, and comments I have already, but I would love more (:

I also want to make an updating schedule, but I want your input on what TWO days a week you want me to update (not two days in a row though) comment and let me know your thoughts!

What’s your favorite song from FOUR?

And super random, but…

Do any of you like Jesse McCartney (do you remember him)

Have you listened to his new album, because I’m like obsessed with it LOL

Lots of Love,

Allie<3

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

32.2K 809 62
Brianna Collins is just a normal teenager. Is she? No. Her college life was miserable. Her life is the one teenagers never wanted. Being bullied all...
41K 1K 40
Its like a never ending thing. Everyone takes part in it. No one really cares. Its a problem that happens everyday to millions, but Harry never thoug...
10.6K 641 56
"I bet you weren't expecting any of this when you picked two little girls up off the streets," I say dryly, remembering the first time I met them. "...
113K 7.4K 100
"Louis. You're my guardian angel. You saved my life." I say shakily. My voice is unstable and I can't even recognize it anymore. I squeeze his soft w...