He's a Demigod ✔️

By Atlantaes

"You were supposed to be a bath bomb!" "Well turns out its your lucky day, sweetheart, cause you just got som... More

i. Why Me?
1~ Womanizer of the Four Winds
2~A Blender Tries to Eat Jungkook
3~Warm the Bed
4~The Full Glory of a Bath Bomb
5~Pegasus' Summoning Hotline Number
6~Poseidon is a Man Hoe
7~Papi Chulo is a Fat Burrito
8~Zeus Has a Bird Kink
9~ Tackling Old Men in the Park
10~Blender of Certain Death
11~Toilet Teleportation is a No Go
12~ Vacuum of the Black Void
13~Jungkook's Sales Are 100% Clothes Off
14~100%, No Doubt About It, Gay As Can Be
15~ You in Danger
16~ "PUT DOWN THE MAILMAN"
17~ Draw You In
18~ Shut Up and Dance With Me
19~ I Hope You Become Cerberus' Chew Toy!
20~ Oh Great, MORE Demigods
21~Debut of the Vacuum of the Black Void
22~Sleeping Together
23~ Like A Jigsaw Puzzle
24~ Clip-Clop Legs and Chin Potato
25~ Phone Call About Yee-Haw
26~ Cheese Grater Scratcher
27~Jimin Express is not Responsible for Infires
28~Surreality Reality
29~Yoongi is a Bikini Beach Girl
30~The Microwave of Doom
32~Casually Choking on a Toothbrush
33~Taste of the Ocean
34~ I Have A What Now??
35~ Psst, You're Drooling
36~ Mark of Poseidon
37~Calm Thyself Mortal
38~ The Calling
39~ Apples & Oranges & Bananas, Oh My!
40~Let's End This
41~ A Bargain Struck
42~ A Cup of Tea
43~ Now You See Me
44~ SPEAK MOTHER(13+ WORD)!!
Epilogue
[Bonus Chapter 1:] Can I Have This Dance?
[Bonus Chapter 2:] He's a Demigod
[Special Chapter:] Prince of the Dead
What's Next?
[Bonus Special:] Merry Christmas

31~Edge of the Ocean

81.9K 6K 4.4K
By Atlantaes

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

[Your POV]
Dad just woke up. He seems a little better. I'm still going to stay at the hospital tonight. x Mom.

You gnawed on your lip, gazing at her text, sitting quietly in your parents' master bedroom. Relief filled you at the news of your father showing promise of healing. You guess it was also a blessing in disguise that your mom wasn't coming back to the house after all. It saved you from trying to explain the five young "men" under her roof.

Across the hall you could hear said "men" grumbling restlessly as they all squished together in the spare guest room. After recovering from their trauma of the microwave, they'd found popcorn to be "Dionysus-approved".

For the rest of the night they'd kept mostly to themselves. For a little while Jungkook himself had seemingly disappeared. But when nine o'clock struck, which was designated bedtime you'd decided, Jungkook had been with the demigods once more as if he'd never disappeared.

You stood up, ready to tell the demigods to pipe down and sleep already. A gust of wind suddenly struck the house, causing the wood of the small abode to creak like an old man's bones. Startled, your eyes instinctively flickered out the window of the bedroom. The frame opened out to the ocean itself, which was how you immediately saw him.

Shock coursed through you. He'd been with the grumbling demigods going to bed last you saw him. You were sure of it. Ignoring the rising volume of bickering from the guest room, you sprang into the hallway. You rushed out the back door of the house, disregarding the fact that you were only wearing light-weight floral pajamas.

Your feet landed on sand and carried you to the edge of the ocean where he was. You halted a few paces away, watching the scene before you with uneasy mesmerization.

The son of Poseidon was right where the tide rolled up the sand. However the water by his feet where he stood glowed and roiled, like wriggling snakes. Before your very eyes he reached out, and the ocean waters eagerly rushed up to touch his fingers. Where the water touched his fingertips, it lit up just like the glowing tide at his feet.

Another gust of wind rushed out from the ocean, almost making you stumble. But the demigod didn't seem in the least perturbed by it. The gale whipped back his hair, yet he lifted his face as if greeting it. There was a certain haunting beauty about the scene; especially around the mystical enigma who was controlling the ocean with mere flick of his fingers.

You would've loved to have just watched him with the ocean all night. But the rational part of your brain was beginning work now. You two weren't the only ones who might be on the beach late at night. And it would probably be a disaster if anyone saw Jungkook.

You swallowed hard and took the last few steps to him, closing the small distance between. "Jungkook, we should head inside now," you said softly. "Someone might see you."

At first the demigod made no sign of hearing you. The tide continued to ripple around his ankles playfully. A soft, almost happy, gurgling sound emanated from the luminous water.

"Jungkook," you called again.

He finally seemed to stir at your voice and looked over his shoulder. There was a deceiving serenity about his smooth features For when you met his eyes you could see an unexplainable wildness in them, a spirit untamed in the depths of those midnight pools.

"Your father is alright now?" asked Jungkook quietly.

You blinked at him. How did he...?

Realization clicked. "It was you," you whispered in amazement. "You really..." Your voice was lost as emotion choked them off.

A small smile tugged at his mouth. "I did the best I could. He still needs a lot of rest. But he'll be okay now."

That explained his mysterious disappearance for an hour or two. If you had the courage, you would've launched yourself in his arms that instant and kissed the living daylights out of him.

Instead, you opted to approach and throw your arms around him tightly. The few tears that escaped your eyes were quickly hidden in his shirt as you buried your nose in it. "Thank you," you murmured.

A soft chuckle vibrated deep within Jungkook. "Anything for you, sweetheart. Now look up, I want to show you something. And I need you to trust me."

You obediently peered up at him. A small gasp escaped you as the water around his fingertips blazed up like silver fire for a moment before falling and simmering back down to the main body of the ocean with a soft hiss. Now in his hand dangled a delicate chain, like a string of starlight. And in the middle of the chain was a small blue jewel, the color of clearest cerulean.

"What museum did you steal that necklace from?" You asked warily. "Jungkook, if you used your water powers to snag that necklace illegally..." Gods help us.

"It's a protection amulet made of the ocean itself."

You peered at his face, expecting a teasing glint in his eyes. Something that told you he was pulling your leg. But no, there was no trace of his usual impish attitude. "You're kidding right?"

Jungkook sighed softly. "This is why I need you to trust me. This necklace holds a piece of the ocean's heart and my own magic in it. It'll protect you from any Olympian, demigod or alike, from harming you."

Sounded like a gimmick. Nevertheless you forced a small smile. "Thanks."

Jungkook pouted. "You don't believe me."

You grimaced at that. "Look, I really do appreciate your thoughts. And I won't deny the necklace does look beautiful and magical. But... why now?"

It wasn't like a crazy demigoddess ex-girlfriend was threatening your life or anything recently where the "protection amulet" might've been more helpful.

"I told you. There's something in the air." Jungkook's eyes flickered out to where the horizon of the ocean melted into darkness. "It's this electrical sensation and it's been getting stronger ever since we first got here. The ocean itself is troubled. And I don't like it."

Based off the happy gurgling the ocean had just been emitting you didn't think the ocean was that troubled. Nevertheless, worry ignited in you and you reached up to cradle the side of Jungkook's face. "Hey look at me," you murmured. When he did you offered him a genuine smile. "It's going to be okay, alright? You're probably just tired. We should both get to sleep soon, yeah?"

Jungkook nodded once. "Wear the necklace. Please, Y/N? For me?" He pleaded once again.

You'd have to be a monster if you denied those round doe eyes of his. You caved in. "For you."

You brushed your hair to the side and allowed him to put on the delicate jewelry. The chain felt light as a feather and surprisingly cool against your skin. Little sparks ran down your spine as Jungkook stood behind you, clipping on the necklace. He was so close that you could feel his breath brush against the back of your neck and a sudden urge to turn around and kiss him seized you.

You internally groaned at the wild thoughts. Why did you have to possess such irrational cravings?

Your mind came to a grinding halt however when Jungkook suddenly wrapped his arms around your, pulling you firmly against his chest in a solid back hug. Your body was rendered useless at the sudden gesture and your very heart began to go into hyperdrive when he went as far as to bury his face into the crook of your neck.

When he spoke his warm breath rushed across your skin, setting it on fire. But his words seemed to warm and melt your very soul.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you, sweetheart."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.4K 20
"Who are you?" "Sweetheart I'm your husband" "What?" Jungkook x Reader Fanfiction *Apologizing in advance this story is so bad but read it if you'd...
1.5M 54.5K 101
"Even though you are so much of an angel, there is always a part inside you that's wanna be wrapped up around my sin, my love. You will be my sinner...
1M 42.9K 30
HIT #2 IN FANFICTION 🏃🏻‍♀️ 𝘈 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘫𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘺, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪...
397K 20.8K 20
❝I'm falling for you, Y/N.❞ Jungkook confesses. ❝Are you sure? How do you know it's not Jimin putting a spell on you?❞ You question. ❝He is Aphrodite...