Resisting Temptation (A Kyoya...

By Sindersalight

Seina Kamei is the first female heir to the Kamei Technological Group. She is strong and smart and beautiful... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 4

905 20 2
By Sindersalight

With this in mind I arrived at the Academy the next day bright and early and made my way to the host club. I was uncertain of the way at first but after receiving some garbled instructions from some giggling first years I managed to find it. I hesitated before knocking softly. Before anything else I was well mannered.
To my surprise the door swung open and I was once again caught in a swirl of rose petals. However, unlike yesterday when I turned up outside of club hours the hosts stood assembled before me. Tamaki-senpai in the middle with Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai to his right, Haruhi just in front, Ootori to his left and a glaringly empty space where the Hitachiin twins were clearly meant to be stood. There were no other girls in the room and it appeared I was their first visitor of the day. I laughed slightly as they stood in formation, clearly one of Tamaki-senpai's ideas.
Upon realising it was in fact me and not some eligible lady who could be won over with flowers and soft smiles my friends came over to greet me. However, I shook my head quickly.
'I'm sorry. I'm not staying. I'm looking for Karou.'
Haruhi answered first. 'Sorry Seina I haven't seen them yet this morning. Maybe they overslept?' I gave a disheartened sigh and headed for the door but Tamaki-senpai was quick to call me back.
'Why don't you wait here for them. They're bound to show up eventually. In the mean time we can give you a whistle stop tour of the Ouran High School Host Club!' He became increasingly excited as he talked and quickly launched into his spiel about beautiful women and host types.
'No offence Tamaki-senpai I think it would be a little weird if any of you were to try and host me. However, I wouldn't mind a quick chat with the Ootori who I can see skulking in the background.' Honey-senpai cheered and Tamaki-senpai gushed about what a wonderful idea this was. Haruhi, remembering our earlier conversation shot Mori-senpai a terrified look.
I stalked over to Ootori and leaned in so my lips were close to his ear. 'Remember me?'
'Mmm...how could I forget?' He placed his hand on my back and guided me to a small table with plush chairs. I allowed the contact and settled down opposite him. I gave him a small evil smile.
He pushed his glasses up his nose. 'Seina Kamei. You have risen up in the world. Heir to one of the richest families and largest corporations in Japan. It appears I may have misjudged you. I believe we got off on the wrong foot.'
I gave a high pitched laugh of disbelief. 'Subtle.' He watched me closely, analysing my every move but I kept my face expressionless as our eyes met. They were as cold and calculating as the first time we met. 'I can assure you Ootori I have not risen up in the world. I have always been above you. You were just too ignorant to notice. You dismissed me as an 'insignificant' 'little girl' who 'didn't stand a chance of being named heir' and therefore had nothing to offer you. The part I like is that you were and still are an insignificant, little boy who doesn't stand a chance of being named heir. It is you who has nothing to offer me.' He stared at me with wide eyes, shocked by the rejection.
I rose to my feet and turned to face the rest of the club. 'Thank you gentlemen for your hospitality but I must take my leave. I have an important consultation with the Black Magic society.' I then turned my bright smile towards Ootori, 'You see, there is someone I want dead.'
As I left the club I noticed Karou and Hikaru had entered the room and were staring at me with a mixture of astonishment and pride. Everyone else, barring the impassive Mori-senpai, looked horrified. Poor Tamaki-senpai was near hysterical.

'Kyoya! What did you do to her!? Sweet, beautiful Seina-san just threatened your life, while smiling! What did you do!? What if she buys a Belzenef!?'
Kyoya-senpai sighed, rubbed a hand over his face and began to explain the events of the charity dinner. In response he got many disapproving looks, sighs and head shakes. Finally he turned to the side and pulled his shirt up to reveal a hard white line of scar tissue. 'She cut me and ruined my favourite suit.'
Haruhi frowned 'Couldn't you have just stitched up the tear?' She received nothing but a cutting stare in return and closed her mouth.
'I think you were quite lucky to only get a small cut. Sei-chan is an accomplished martial artist. One of the best to have trained at our Dojo. If she wanted she could kill you with her bare hands.' Honey-senpai announced cheerfully before biting into a slice of cake.
Mori-senpai nodded confirmation of his cousin's words. Tamaki-senpai looked like he was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and the twins looked angry. They walked over to Kyoya-senpai and leaned down so they were either side of him and smiled cheekily. 'Kyoya-senpai, if you ever speak to Seina like that again, no one will find your body.'

Meanwhile, I was on the other side of the Academy, standing in the library. It was a beautiful room. I set about checking out the biggest books on music theory I could find. I ended up with four thick, weighty tomes which looked like they'd seen very little use over the years. I rolled my eyes as I brushed the dust off. Was I the only one always going to all this trouble? I sighed and checked out my books.
Despite years of martial arts and the subsequent training giving me strength, I still struggled under the weight of the books.
I had music that morning, the only lesson I didn't have with any of my friends in. I didn't mind though. The moment I sat down at the piano I was consumed by the music and it carried me where it willed. I could so easily lose myself in the sound as my fingers danced back and forth along the keys. Composure was an essential part of my position and I had been taught to contain my emotions, to always appear a proper young lady. Other than channeling anger and frustration into martial arts, music was the only way I could truly express myself. I poured all my pain and happiness into the music. I finished playing a piece for my teacher just as lunchtime rolled around and breathed a sigh of relief as I relaxed. The teacher was full of praise and I found it difficult to drag constructive criticism from him.
Once again when I left the classroom I found Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai waiting outside. Mori-senpai patted my head gently, 'We heard you playing Seina-san. You're very talented.' Honey-senpai nodded vigorously in agreement and I blushed slightly. Somehow I felt embarrassed that they had been listening without my knowledge. Although it was a performance for my teacher, music always felt so personal for me.
'Thanks.' I said quietly. I could hear some girls whispering nearby about how this was the second time we'd been seen together and we might be dating. Another suggested I might be dating Honey-senpai. I looked up at Mori-senpai sheepishly, 'Could we maybe get going? I need to talk to Karou anyway...' He glanced over at the gossiping girls who blushed and looked away when they noticed his attention. He gave me a tiny smile.
It turned out Tamaki-senpai had decided to open the host club for the whole of lunch time to make up for the day before and when we arrived there were already girls waiting to go inside. An ill intentioned Ootori stood by the door ready to scam them all of their inheritance. Our eyes met as I walked inside and I gave him a death stare.
Since Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai had customers to attend to, I headed straight for the study room and placed my heavy books on the desk. I coughed as I opened the second and dust swirled around me. The things I did in order to succeed.
I'd been studying for around half an hour and was going through the third book when Haruhi poked her head through the door. 'Hi Seina. Working hard?' I gave her a tired smile. 'I was just making some tea for the ladies at my table and I was just wondering if you would like some?'
I could hear her fan girls squealing in the background 'Oh he's so charming!'
'How sweet of him!'
She gave me a wry smile as she noticed where my attention lay. 'They mean well.'
'Well for once they're not wrong I'd love some tea. Thank you Haruhi.' She smiled at my compliment and disappeared to make tea.
When she returned I had finished with the third book and was contemplating opening the fourth. She placed a tray on the desk and unloaded a cup of tea and two plates, one had an egg sandwich and the other had a slice of strawberry cake. 'Sei-chan' was written in lopsided lettering with chocolate sauce along the edge of the second plate.
'I'm guessing you know who requested I bring you these?' I nodded. The sandwich was from Mori-senpai, carbohydrate and protein to keep my strength up and the cake was obviously from Honey-senpai. That didn't take much detective work. I thanked Haruhi for my tea and she left, leaving me to munch through my lunch and begin my final book.

It wasn't till I heard the guests leaving that I emerged again from the room. I locked eyes with Haruhi across the room and she nodded in confirmation. We both began to head towards the Hitachiin twins from opposite directions.
The boys were at that moment wrapped in each others arms and Hikaru was stroking Karou's face. 'You did such a great job today.'
Karou looked away blushing, 'Really...?'
I had to give it to them they were good. If they weren't such notorious trouble makers the drama club would be desperate to have them. Just as planned, Haruhi and I called out to them simultaneously.
'Hikaru.'
'Karou.'
They each turned in the direction their name had come from and extricated themselves from each other. Hikaru was reluctant to leave his brother's side and shot Karou one last hesitant glance before Haruhi led him away.
I smiled at Karou, 'Could you please help me take these books back to the library on the way to class? They're really heavy.'
He nodded and followed me into the study room. When he saw the size of the books his jaw dropped open. 'Seina don't you think this is a little excessive. How did you even get them here? You're going to hurt your back!' His eyes conveyed both concern and disapproval, a mature expression his twin had yet to master. I shrugged, grabbed two, heading for the door.
As we made our way to the library I played over what I wanted to say in my head. What had previously seemed like such a good idea now seemed like a poorly conceived plan. He noticed me glancing at him and smirked a little. He may not be his brother but he was still a Hitachiin. I rolled my eyes at him, still unable to express myself. Was this really the sort of thing you just blurted out in a corridor? I'd only told Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai because I'd had to and I hadn't thought about it at all. Maybe that was for the best. I should just stop thinking and say it.
I didn't even notice we'd reached the library till the librarian gave a loud cough, looking expectantly at my books. I apologised profusely, handing over the heavy books and backed out of the library. I needed to get my head on straight.
'Seina are you alright? You've been really quiet and it's not like you to zone out.'
On autopilot I smiled and nodded, 'Of course.'
He frowned at me but didn't press the issue. How many times had I pushed him away when he offered support? We continued to class in silence. Only this time he was the one glancing at me.
Our classroom came into view ahead and my frustration began to morph into panic. Without thinking I grabbed his hand and yanked him off to one side. I opened my mouth to speak but he was looking between our joined hands and my face, his own flushed a deep red. I blushed too when I realised what I'd done and yanked my hand away.
'I'm so sorry! I just needed to talk to you...'
'I've been trying to get you to talk to me for 15 minutes!'
'I know, I know. I'm just not sure it's the kind of thing you blurt out in school corridors...Maybe we could meet this weekend? You could come to mine? Just you. No host club...no Hikaru.' His eye widened in surprise and his cheeks grew redder.
Then he gave me a soft smile, 'Sure Seina that sounds great.' I smiled, relieved, and nodded.

As we walked into the classroom he had a huge grin on his face which settled into a smug look as he sat down beside his brother, who was eyeing the two of us suspiciously.
'Busy in the library was it?' Karou nodded dreamily. Hikaru and Haruhi turned suspicious eyes on me but I shrugged them off. It wasn't like I could explain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 36.8K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
11.2K 507 15
Where two richest families of South Korea, hate each other for years. But don't know their sons are madly in love with each other. Jeon Jungkook and...
56.9K 1.5K 46
Chainsawman x Cod Zombies Crossover Fanfic. Dr Monty was chilling in his dimension when a mysterious Creature called the Gun Devil killed millions of...
671K 33.3K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...