Together We Fall

By ElleBlane

Emma's life takes an exciting turn when she moves back to her hometown. Certain circumstances cause her to ru... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77

Chapter 21

24.7K 786 425
By ElleBlane

Chapter Twenty One

"Do you think Marcus will be there?" Josephine asks and I know she's already been thinking about this.

He doesn't play football so he won't be on the field but chances are he'll be in the bleachers. I turn to look at her and nod once before she sighs and looks out the window.

"It's good you look so cute because when he does see you he'll be like 'damn, she's hot as fuck. why did I let her go?'" Erica says matter-of-factly and Josephine lets out a small laugh.

Josephine turns to look at me, "And while we're on the topic about boys," she turns in her seat so she can face me, "what's going on between you and tall-dark-and-handsome?"

I laugh at her nickname for Trace before shrugging, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Erica scoffs, "I call bullshit." she says in a sing-song voice.

I pull into the parking lot and turn to look at them, "I'm serious guys. He's helped me with a lot of crazy stuff. We're just friends."

Erica rests her head on the back of Josephine's seat and gives me a look of disbelief, "So you don't think he's hot?"

I never said that.

"Of course I notice how hot he is," I roll my eyes for dramatic effect, "it just doesn't affect me. We're friends and I don't want to lose that with him."

I get out of the car deciding I'm finished with this conversation. Erica and Josephine follow me.

We make our way towards the football field where the bleachers were set up beside it. I see Lucas from the top of the stands waving at us like a crazy person and the three of us follow his direction and sit beside them at the top.

"I'm glad you finally got here," Adalyn starts, "it was getting harder and harder to save your seats."

I look around at the field and notice all the boys in uniform jogging into view. They're all from our school wearing our colors of red and black. Trace, Mason and Ethan are leading the line with Cameron and another boy behind them. The rest of the team follows and they run through a giant inflatable football while the cheerleaders cheer for them.

My eyes stay on Trace as he runs across the field, waving his hands at the crowd and jumping. The crowd gets louder as he runs past, encouraging the noise. He runs past my section and his eyes meet mine.

Even from behind his helmet I can see his eyes switch from excitement to happiness as he sees me sitting at the top watching him intently. He winks at me and I give him a small nod back before he continues running by.

The coach blows the whistle and the team crowds around him while the opponent makes their way onto the field.

I don't know anything about football so I'm not certain what's happening right now but I hear a whistle blow again and then a line forms. About ten from each team, each facing one of the opposite school.

Suddenly, they all tackle and the football flies through the air. Trace catches it and begins running, expertly dodging a few guys trying to tackle him.

Three guys corner him and he throws the ball to Mason who catches it easily and runs through the line marker. The coach blows the whistle and our schools team walks towards him while the crowd cheers.

"Was that our point?" I whisper to Lucas and he looks at me like I have three heads.

"Have you never been to a football game?"

I shake my head slowly and his eyes widen before he nods, "Yea, that was our point."

Like before, about ten players from each team line up in the center of the field and a whistle blows before the football goes flying through the air.

"I'm going to go get something to drink, do any of you want anything?" Adalyn asks us and Erica shakes her head.

"I'll go with you. I could use some water." I stand up and Josephine follows deciding water sounds good.

The three of us get to the bottom of the bleachers and we make our way to the concession stand set up on the other side of the track.

"I don't know how all these people can watch the game without needing some water. The way they're screaming it seems like their throats would be dry and maybe even bleeding."

Suddenly, Josephine runs into something tall and blonde.

It's not a something, it's a someone.

The girl turns around with a giant o' shape formed on her mouth,"Watch where you're going bitch!"

Josephine takes a small step back and Adalyn's eyes widen.

Josephine gives the blonde a soft look, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mea-"

"What is it babe?" a voice asks and the four of our attention is suddenly brought to the brown eyed boy beside her.

Marcus.

"This ugly ass just ran straight into me like I wasn't standing directly in front of her!" She shouts, gaining the attention of people around us.

It takes everything in me not to slap her in the face for being so rude to someone as sweet as Josephine.

Seriously, she's the only person I know who looks at pinterest jokes on her free time. And I once saw her honk a frog so it would move and she wouldn't run over it. The frog jumped out of her path but I don't think it was because she honked.

"Josephine?" Marcus asks, clearly surprised. His surprise wears off soon as it turn to anger, "Why are you here? Was me standing you up not enough to make you want to leave me alone? I understand that you probably don't have boys talk to you that often but me and you," he gestures between the two of them, "will never happen. I only wanted you for your body but it was too damn hard to get so I say screw it."

Marcus was just using Josephine. Now everything makes sense. Of course Josephine wouldn't do anything like that, especially not with him.

Marcus opens his mouth to say something else but when I hear Josephine crying I know it's time for me to step in.

"Well maybe if your new little toy wasn't standing in the middle of the track people would be able to get around her easier an-"

I'm about to continue when Adalyn continues it for me, "And if you would get a damn haircut then you might would be able to see what you're missing out on when you let Josephine go because she's a hell of a lot better than this washed up tramp you're carrying with you right now."

He raises his eyebrows and him and his girlfriend look at each other. She's right about him needing a haircut though.

"Yea, and you doing this to her is just teaching her not to follow her heart. Now she's going to be like 'I'm not following my heart anymore, this mother fucker gives back directions.' and I'm going to have to be like, 'no sweetie, Marcus is just an ass.'"

Adalyn takes her turn again, "For all you know a ghost is humping you right now but you're too busy playing girls so you'll never even know."

"Men ain't giving us butterflies no more. It's straight high blood pressure!" I shout at him and he hold his hands up in defense.

"Okay," he turns to Josephine, "I'm sorry, I guess." he gives us a crazy look before walking away as his girlfriend follows behind him like a lost puppy.

I turn to Josephine to comfort her in her crying but when I see her, she's looking at us with a giant grin. When Marcus is out of range she begins laughing, not just laughing like the ha ha kind of laugh but more like the ahahahah kind of laugh.

Adalyn and I look at each other and we start laughing at her laugh.

When she's finished, she straightens back up and looks at us, "What was all that stuff?"

I shrug and put my arm around her, "Nobody messes with our Josephine."

Adalyn laughs, "Yea, you got to keep a little hoe in your pocket in case a bitch don't act right."

We get to the concession stand and Adalyn gets a water for Lucas and a Gatorade for herself. I get Josephine and me a water and we make our way back to the bleachers.

Authors Note:
Hey guys! Thanks for reading and don't forget to click that little star at the bottom! Have a great day and stay safe! Times are crazy in the world right now but I know we can get through them if we stick together (as long as it's 6 ft apart lol). I hope all of you and your families are doing well!

Trace wasn't in this chapter.. I apologize! But you're about to be seeing A LOT of him so I hope I'm forgiven?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 6.3K 35
[Complete - Wattpad Featured Story April 2018 ] "You have a contract?" Chase ripped the papers out of Lewis' hands. "And you signed it?" "It's a goo...
1.5M 30.9K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
675K 22.3K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...
165K 2.3K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...