Lost Girl (Voltron Fanfic)

By Watergirlz02

"Class meet Takashi Shirogane." I hear the teacher say as they introduce my brother I look at him as all the... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Fourty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-five

Twenty-Two

615 11 0
By Watergirlz02

-Keith-

I look at Shiro as he shakes his head.

"Keith, that kind of mentality almost gone Nat killed," Shiro says

"I'm sorry that I was stuck in the middle of a fight and couldn't get back." I defend "I know we don't want the Galra following me. If they find Nat, we're done for. Besides, we both know that Nat can handle things by herself."

"Not anymore!" He says, shaking his head

"What does that mean?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows

"Because you weren't there, the commander was able to overpower Nat!" Shiro yells "She lost her arm because she was alone and overpowered!"

I look at him as my eyes widen. I shake my head as I look at the ground.

"She almost died Keith! All because of your recklessness!" He yells "None of us were able to get to her!"

I gulp as I try to process everything that is being said.

"W-where is she?" I ask

"Where do you think she is?" He hisses

I turn to leave the room and run towards the med bay. I hurry in and see Coran as he just looks at me with a sad look as he turns away.

I walk over to the only healing pod that's currently being used and set my hand on it.

I look at Nat's dark hair all neatly braided.

"This is my fault," I whisper

"Look who finally decided to show up," Lance mumbles as he walks into the healing bay "Do you even know what happened to her? Do you even care?"

I turn around and roll my eyes as I look at Nat, my hands clenching into fists.

"I know what happened. Shiro told me..." I growl

"You not being there happened!" Lance breaks "That mission where you two were supposed to gather the information together? You missed it and it resulted in her almost dying!"

I look at him and shake my head.

"Nat can handle herself. She shouldn't need somebody there to help her." I start "She's a strong girl that doesn't need constant protecting like you guys try to give her. Well didn't need it..."

"Why don't you stop acting like you care about her and actually show it?" Lance says

I look at him as I feel the anger start to set in.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I yell "I've always cared about her! Who was there for her when James was bullying her? Who was there after Shiro disappeared? I was the only one that actually cared about her, the only one that liked her for who she was. Not just because of who her brother was."

"But now? You are never there anymore Keith! You don't see her every time she comes back from something and sees that you're not here. You don't see how hurt she is every time you leave without telling her goodbye." He says "You don't see the heartbreak she goes through every day when you don't show up for something that you said you would. You didn't see how weak she was after this last mission. She needed you, Keith! Yet you weren't there! That's definitely showing her how much you "care"."

"I know that Nat can protect herself. She doesn't need me every single time we go out." I yell "She's proven time and time again that she doesn't need me in her life. And you're obviously okay with her being alone like this since you have no chance with Allura with Zarkon after us."

He shakes his head as he looks at me. I watch as he laughs, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, me and your girlfriend have built a friendship." Lance says "I'm there for her like your supposed to be. You claim to be her best friend before anything else but I don't see you here very often anymore."

"I'm out there trying to find a way to defeat Zarkon." I say "I'm trying to find a way to keep her safe. I know things that I'm not supposed to know. I'm trying to keep the Galra away from her. We all know why the Galra want her in their army. I'm doing my best to keep her away from them before she gets hurt even more than I've had to hurt her."

He finally gives in and starts to walk away.

"Just don't expect her to forgive you," Lance says

I shake my head before looking at Nat one last time, walking out of the room, heading towards my room.

-~-

I walk into the lounge and see Nat sitting there while talking to the others. I watch her as she keeps moving her hair away from her face.

"I can't do this! My hair needs to be put into a braid or something!" She groans

"Here let me help," Allura says as she stands up and walks behind Nat and starts to braid it

"Thanks, Allura." She says with a smile

Allura finishes and sits back down next to Lance and Pidge as they start to talk again.

"Have any of you guys seen Keith?" Nat asks out of the blue

I look over as Lance looks at me but I shake my head and walk back out of the room.

I'm not ready...

-~-

I walk into the training room and see Shiro and Natasha as she is trying to hold her Bayard in her right hand.

"Shiro, will you do me a favor and pull my hair into a ponytail?" Nat asks

"Sure thing." He says

Nat hands Shiro a ponytail and he walks behind her and starts to pull her hair into a ponytail.

"Have you seen Keith at all?" She asks out of the blue

"I've seen him around. Has he not been by to see you?" He asks

"No. I've been looking for him everywhere." She says "But I don't know if he's avoiding me because of the accident or because of our fight after the combined mission."

I watch as Shiro shakes his head and he looks up and sees me and I make eye contact with him.

"The next time I see him I'll tell him you are looking for him." He says, looking directly at me then turns Nat to look at him "Now get into your stance."

I watch as she struggles to hold her Bayard in her hand as it transforms into her long sword. She tries to bring it up for a strike but drops it rather quickly.

I wince as it hits the ground and she groans. I sigh as I go to step into her line of sight.

"I'm never going to get this!" She yells

"Can I help?" I ask

"Keith?!" She yelps

"The one and only. Sorry I've been scarce," I say

Shiro looks at me and nods as he steps back.

"I need to go see what our next move. I'm also going to see how Pidge and Hunk are coming with that arm." He says

He gives me a stern look before leaving the training room.

"Where have you been?" Nat asks

I watch as she picks up her bayard, carefully wrapping her hand around it, bring it up.

"I've been around. Just didn't know how I could talk to you again after our fight then this." I start

"Keith, you shouldn't be blaming yourself for this." She says "Just like Shiro shouldn't be blaming himself or you."

I look at her before sighing.

"How about we go for a walk around the castle and talk?" She asks

"Maybe you can explain things better than Lance and Shiro." I try to laugh

"Lance talked to you?" She asks

"Well, more like yelled at me." I start "It was when I first found out."

She nods before clipping her bayard to her side as she catches up with me.

"I'm glad you're okay," I whisper

"I'll always be okay when we work as a team." She says "Luckily the team was used to you not being there to be the fastest responder. With them around, I'll always be okay."

I rub the back of my neck as we walk out of the training room. She looks at me before smiling softly.

"Anything else on being related to them?" I ask

"No. That's what this mission was going to be. This ship had more info about that." She starts "That's why only you and I were able to get onto it."

"You're joking..." I start

"No." She replies, looking at me

"I really screwed this one up." I chuckle

"Hey, you're blaming yourself again." She frowns "If this is anyone's fault, it's mine because I wasn't aware."

I look at her before slowly starting to nod.

"Well, I am here to help you wherever I can," I explain

"You have your blade missions." She argues "You can't just abandon those."

"I've talked to Kolivan. We aren't doing any missions that they need me for." I defend "This is just temporary until I know that you can handle yourself out there again."

She looks at me before nodding solemnly. I smile softly as our hands bounce off of each other's before she shoves me away from her. I look at her before laughing.

"I'm still mad at you." She points out

"You have every right to be." I start

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.4K 2.3K 35
AU! Katie "Pidge" Holt has lost both her father and he brother, leaving her with her unstable mother. She's extremely tom-boyish and intelligent- not...
72.2K 1.8K 23
It's been months since The Paladins found the Blue Lion and flew off into space. It's been months since they started fighting against Zarkon and The...
3.1K 719 19
For millennia, the Galra Empire has plagued the universe by destroying civilizations and enslaving various races. The only threat to the empire is th...
3.4K 39 14
Voltron: Legendary Defender Fanfiction Keith x Reader REWRITTEN VERSION It all started when (Y/n) and her older brother, Takashi 'Shiro' Shirogane we...