What I've been looking for (a...

By AnaCarolina722134

You're the young Queen of a kingdom, whose location is an island isolated from the rest of the world, founded... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
CapĂ­tulo X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Epilogue
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XIV
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII

Chapter XV

597 17 17
By AnaCarolina722134

As soon as Barley came to your house and the two of you told them that there was something very strange going on with Ixion, Barley surprised you when he replied that he already knew what it was about.

-And then, what will he and you do?

-Honestly, I don't know. He assured me that until this arranged marriage arrives, he'll think of something for us to be together!

Barley looked so sad and heartbroken, that you immediately came over and gave him a big hug.

-It'll be all right buddy, you'll see! You comforted him.

-We will always be here for you! Ian said, also joining the hug.

Meanwhile, Ixion and Joanne strolled through the royal garden, while talking. But neither of them noticed that Desiree was watching them from a distance, to see for herself if things were going the way she wanted.

Joanne noticed his distant look and asked.

-What happened?

-I'm just thinking about ... Someone! He replied, even more downcast.

-Your love? She asked and had a sincere smile on her face.

Ixion smiled, seeing that Joanne was not like the petulant and proud monarchs, who only thought about money and power, but was controlled like a puppet by her mother.

-Yes, but do you promise to keep a very big secret? He asked.

-Of course!

-It's the most beautiful and sweetest man who ever set foot on this earth! He whispered in her ear.

-You should be with him, since you love each other! She said.

-It's not that easy!

-Of course it is, you just need each other so go far, where nobody will blame you for loving each other! She advised him and made him thoughtful.

-Not a bad idea, I always imagined what it would be like if we were together forever!

-But?

-But I can't think of leaving my Kingdom just like that. My sisters are too young for me to abdicate the throne, but I don't want to be away from Barley. I'm at a dead end, Jo!

-Hey, don't worry. Maybe I can help you with that! She said with all the calm in the world.

-Really? His melancholy face immediately lit up.

-Yes!

-Thank you, thank you so much! He hugged her and turned her in his arms.

In her hiding place to stalk her daughter, Desiree celebrated, thinking he was beginning to fall in love with Joanne.

After Maddie's birth, you became a little more protective, not wanting to go to the island in Aladus, but by boat for fear that she might fall.

All the way there, you watched lovingly as her grandmother play with her. One of the things about Maddie that most charmed Laurel, was that she was extremely similar to her father and had Wilden's eyes. 

Upon arriving at the port, you were welcomed by them. Her father was a true owl grandfather.

-How's my second little princess? He joked, making faces at Maddie, who laughed adorably at his antics.

You giggled.

-Very happy to see her grandpa, I can see! Ian said.

-And Barley? Dánae asked.

-He didn't come with you all? Dianne asked too.

You winked at Laurel, who bent down to talk to them.

-Little ones, unfortunately Barley can't come! She answered.

The little girls were soon disappointed and were dismayed.

-He's so cool and he didn't come! Dánae crossed her arms in annoyance.

-Hey, but I'm cool too, right? Ian said.

-Yes, you are very cool! Dianne replied.

-Thanks! He smiled.

-But Barley is cooler!

-My self-esteem thanks you! He joked, which made everyone laugh.-But look over there! He pointed in the opposite direction from which they were.

-What? The little princesses curiously looked back to see what it was, when 2 big arms hugged and lifted them off the floor.

-This time you got us! Dánae laughed.

-You didn't count on my cunning, miladies!

Joanne observed the passionate look Ixion gave every time she looked at Barley and had no doubt that he was his forbidden love.

Time skip:

At night, it was time for the engagement ball, all the monarchs and citizens were already in the main hall, while you were all still trying to convince Barley to go to the ball too.

-Oh come on sweetie, are you going to waste the money on the clothes your brother bought for you? Laurel asked, but she picked up her cell phone as soon as she received a message. It was from Corey. 

Corey finally won Laurel's heart, which caused great joy for everyone, since everyone liked her very much and they knew she'd never do anything to hurt Laurel.

Corey: I miss you so much, I would swim across this ocean right now if it meant seeing your beautiful face again

She smiled widely, feeling in love.

Laurel: That thought just isn't sweeter than you. Be careful because I don't want to be diabetic <3

-It's that ... I don't know if I can stand to see Ixion being presented as engaged to someone other than me! He finally confessed, after hours of insistence.

-Hey, he already said that the wedding is only next week. You know that his heart fits and only fits yours. You were never afraid to face your fears and it's not now that you can be. As you've always been by my side in any situation, I'll be by yours, always! Ian said, which made Barley hug him so tightly, they heard a pop.

-Oh, I exaggerated, I exaggerated! He released his younger brother.

Although sometimes aggressive, their brotherly relationship was one of the most adorable things you have ever seen.

At the ball, Ixion danced with Joanne, since she was his "bride". But his eyes soon turned to the stairs when he saw his lover and admired how much more beautiful he looked with the new robes.

-If you'll excuse me! He asked politely.

-Sure! Joanne smiled.

Noticing that he had moved away from his daughter, Desiree walked over to her.

-What are you doing?

-He's the King, he has the right to speak to everyone! Joanne answered calmly.

-I'm so glad you came, would you give me the honor of this dance? He asked, extending his hand.

-Me? I think not Ix, look at all these people! He refused, for the first time looking embarrassed.

-Barlet Lightfoot ashamed? Now I've seen everything in this world! He laughed.

-Ok, but just a dance!

Their hands intertwined and it felt so right again. They went to the center of the hall and danced, without looking away from each other.

-The most beautiful woman in this party and in the whole world would you like to dance with me? Ian asked in the sweetest voice in the world, acting like a real prince.

You laughed and gave him a short, but sweet kiss on the lips.

-I'd be honored! You answered.

During the dance, the Countess, who was not at all silly, observed the interaction between the King and the former Queen's brother-in-law, concluding that he could totally ruin her plans.

She thought about what she could do to get him out of the game. Until an idea came to her, she smirked, as she held in her hands an extremely valuable diamond necklace that her late husband had given her as a gift.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 698 70
Sometimes one ordinary vacation can change your life, forever. It can go beyond anything you planned, or thought possible and surprise you in bad wa...
222 45 19
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...
320 45 24
Amantha is not ready to be anything other than a wild, tomboy princess, but when tragedy strikes this unlikely royal is called upon to rule a kingdom...
130 10 12
Everybody wants to be told they're special, and Oliver is no exception. He's desperate to make a name for himself and find his place in the world. Un...