For Hating Me You Sure Are Po...

By JadedRein

When Kara's best friend, Maver, moves in with his brother she isn't happy about it. Logan is nothing like Mav... More

1: Baby Steps
2: Disaster
3: Home Sweet Home?
4: Lighten Up
5: Poptart
6: So Uh...Logan
7: Just Friends
8: Little Miss Priss
9: Saving Face
10: That Little Problem
11: Her Outlet
12: Sure Thing Coach
13: The Others
14: Your Type
16: Most Definitely
17: Telling the Truth
18: Undeserved Attacks
19: Abandonment is a Funny Thing
20: Nascar?
21: Just a Player
22: So Much For Alone
23: Saved With a Fuzzy Navel
24: Bribery
25: A Player of Games
26: Jumping to Conclusions
27: Ingredients
28: All Night
29: Showing Interest
30: Us and Them
31: A Pink Tint
32: Unconventional Methods
33: Exotic Jobs
34: Hot N Cold
35: Good Feelings
36: Unlikely Mentors
37: Humiliation
38: Invitations to Trouble
39: Consider Such a Thing
40: She Started It
41: For Show
42- Comfort Zone
43: Calling the Shots
44: Idle Hands
45: Talk the Talk
46: Someone Like You
47: Misunderstandings
48- Like an Object
49: Just What Are You Looking For?
50: Dessert
51: Catching On
52: A Quest For Truth
53: Friends?
54: Sleeping Beauty
55: Full of Surprises
56: Lost and Found
57: Wrong Answer, Right Question
58: Not So Delicate Dance
59: Why You're Here
60: Eighteen and. . .
61: Unspoken Decisions
62: From the Beginning
63: Romeo is Overrated
Christmas Our Way

15: Little Solution

833K 12.1K 591
By JadedRein

I woke up smooshed between Maver and Jim.  Paul had fallen asleep on the floor near the bed, his pants half off.   I laid for a few moments deciding what would be the best method of getting up without waking either of the boys up. I finally decided that I’d have to climb over Maver then scoot along the wall until I could finally inch off of the bed. It wasn’t the ideal plan but it would have to do.

And so I went about it slowly propping myself up. First easing one leg over Maver and then my arm until I hovered above him on all fours moving as slow as possible so as not to have my sudden movements startle him into waking. My plan hadn’t counted on him moving however and as he tried to roll in his sleep I was thrown off balance and sent crashing down ontop my him as my arm was knocked out from under me.

My breath caught in my throat as I landed on top of him, my head landing on his chest with a soft thud. Instantly I moved to get up mortified that I had just woken him but again he shifted in his sleep, having not woken due to being terribly hungover, wrapping his arms around me as he snuggled me tight against him muttering in his sleep. I was so surprised by this turn of events that I didn’t care if he woke as I pulled myself free from his arms and lifted myself quickly off of him.

“What?” he asked half awake as his eyes fluttered open to look up at me as I again hovered on all fours above him.

I paused for a moment before saying, “I’m getting food. Go back to sleep.” He was tired enough to question no further and so I climbed from him and finished getting off of the bed. Though it hadn’t gone as smoothly as I had hoped I had succeeded in my goal and was that much closer to food which pleased me greatly.

I closed the door gently behind me and walked the short distance down the hallway and into the kitchen. Beer cans flooded the sinks and countertops but I ignored them, opening the cupboard to see the welcome sight of boxes of pop tarts. I smiled to myself and pulled down a box of the blueberry ones. If only I could find a way to get Maver to control his drinking living with Logan wouldn’t be that bad, would it?

The pop tarts settled into the toaster with a ping as I pushed down the button to cook them and closed my eyes thinking back to the night before. Would Maver remember Logan grabbing onto me in the hallway? Maybe he was to drunk to actually remember? I sighed and opened my eyes to see a guy wander into the kitchen rubbing his eyes sleepily.  

“Hey.” he muttered and I stepped back so he could get into the refrigerator.

Logan just wanted to mess with me. He probably wouldn’t have gone anywhere with it. Just trying to prove the point that I want him. My mind concluded as I did my best to ignore the guy as he withdrew a beer and popped it open. “Want one?” he offered turning to me with a sleepy smile.

It was all I could do not to scoff as I shook my head. “No thanks.” I replied. Drinking this early in the morning? Only Logan’s friends, that’s for sure.

My pop tarts popped up and I grabbed them burning my fingers as I did but I didn’t mind. “Not much of a drinker?” the guy asked as he leaned up against the counter and took a few gulps of his cool beer.

Again I shook my head. “Not a drinker period.”

“Didn’t think so. Don’t remember your face from last night.” he commented, watching me casually as I set the pop tarts on a paper towel and picked off one of the corners to eat, steam rising from the blue insides.  “So why didn‘t you hang out with the rest of us last night?”

I shrugged and nibbled at the corner. “Because I don’t want to get drunk and act stupid.”

“You can hang with people and not get drunk.” he pointed out.

“I tried that one. But they always try and force drinks in my hand and then it just goes downhill when I refuse.” I explained.

He smiled, his tired brown eyes glittering beneath his dirty blonde hair. “Here I’ll show you a trick that’ll get them off of your back.”

Before I could offer a word of protest he was pushing some of the beer cans aside to make space on the counter. I watched as he pulled open the fridge and drew out a bottle of sunny d, a thing of vanilla yogurt and some coffee creamer.  “What are you doing?” I asked as he motioned for me to come closer and observe.

“It’s a little trick I learned.” he said as he poured the yogurt into the bottom of a tall glass. “It gets people off of your back when it comes to drinking.” He poured a bit of the coffee creamer into the cup until the bottom fourth of the glass was filled with the yogurt and creamer. “It’s easy and it tastes good.” he explained as he then poured sunny d into the glass until there was just under a fifth of space left in the glass.

“How is this going to help me?” I asked watching as he pulled a spoon from one of the drawers and set it beside the glass before looking around.

He smiled down at me before looking again to the counter. “Ah there it is.” he said out loud before grabbing onto a vodka bottle and holding it in front of me. “This helps because all you need to do is make sure people see you putting in this last ingredient. The vodka.” The guy poured a bit into his concoction and I started to protest before he cut me off.

“It’s about six shots worth, I know, but trust me on this one. Because it’s a big glass you can nurse it all night and no one will say a thing. And because it’s a thick drink you won’t get tipsy even as a light weight. The carbs from the creamer fight the alcohol off a bit. And it tastes damn good.” He took the spoon and stirred quickly mixing it into a smooth liquid. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 66.2K 34
Ashton Heart didn't have an easy life. She was bullied every day because of her weight, her looks and worst of all, her father. She's bullied by the...
80.2K 2.6K 31
Zyana was a normal girl, living the life. Until, that one day, her parents had been killed along with her bestfriend's parents and her boyfriend's pa...
232K 6.6K 33
a black teenage girl is going to work for this rich white family to pay for college the following year and the son of the rich white family is a obno...
43 1 15
As Cassie and Maeve make the switch to high school they are faced with many challenges. Though thats that least of Cassie's worries. As her secrets a...