Crystallized Truth

By EinfaAsshi

In an age of technology of extensive discoveries, Dehradun is a city in India defying science and nature ever... More

Prologue
Cast & Intro
Chapter 1 - Welcome To Dehradun
Chapter 2 - Meeting Eachother
Chapter 3 - A Bad Start
Chapter 4 - Weird Relations
Chapter 5 - Bonfire and Fireworks
Chapter 6 - Stirring Feelings
Chapter 7 - Stirring Hearts
Chapter 8 - Art of Closeness
Chapter 9 - Dinner and Darkness
Chapter 10 - Attack
Chapter 11 - Trailer
Chapter 13 - New Ways
Chapter 13 (b) - New Ways
Chapter 14 - Scary Thoughts
Attention!!
Chapter 15 - Cold Evening
Chapter 16 - Liability
Chapter 16(b) - Setting stage
Chapter 17 - Slice of Truth
Chapter 18 - Arc
Chapter 19 - First Step
Chapter 20 - Confusion and Surprises
Chapter 21 - Search for Facts
Chapter 22 - Icy Flames
Chapter 22|b| - Icy Flames
Chapter 23 - A Key
Chapter 24 - Killer Power
Chapter 25 - Silver Lining
Chapter 26 - Behind the Scene
Chapter 27 - Unrecognizable World
Chapter 28 - Chocolate and Blood
Chapter 29 - Shifting Shades
Chapter 30 - Bridges to Cross
Chapter 31 - Suffocating Thoughts
Chapter 32 - Cunning of Fox
Chapter 33 - Battling Each Other
Chapter 34 - Murderer or Not
Chapter 35 - Acquaintance of Past
Chapter 36 - A New Twist

Chapter 12 - Surprisingly Surprise

191 18 2
By EinfaAsshi

With her head down, Ava played with her fingers. Dry tears stuck on her cheeks and her eyes glassy. The silence was comforting after the long conversation she and Amelia went through.

The message Ava received about Archie clearing his name and then the kidnapping of Amelia that shook Ava to the core; Ava had explained it all to Amelia and didn't have the courage to face Amelia at this time.

She had promised Amelia, didn't she? Not to let her past shadow her presence.

But it wasn't her mistake either to lose her senses when gripped by the fear of losing her only relation in the world.

"So when everything is cleared, why are you ignoring Archie now?" Ava heard Amelia asking the question that she herself didn't think about.

"A-am not ignoring him," Ava said, looking at Amelia with an unsure look. She herself wasn't aware of the reason because her feelings weren't understood by her yet.

Ava looked at Amelia, searching for the answer herself. Was she really ignoring Archie after knowing he wasn't the stalker she was assuming him to be? Was it guilt or something else?

"You're scared, Av?" Amelia asked softly and held her hand.

Ava looked at Amelia with wide eyes. She could feel the mist coming in her eyes. It was as if the words hit her in the heart. Like Amelia was right.

"Am I?" Ava asked, looking at Amelia for answers. She was damn unsure of her own actions and wanted someone to guide her, and who else other than Amelia could do that. After all, she only had Amelia in her life.

"You're shielding your heart from another betrayal. But don't forget Av, there's a difference between what happened years back and what your heart wants now. You can't run away from love just because of everything that happened in your childhood. It doesn't account here. You cannot keep on fearing every time. Step ahead." Amelia said softly and carefully so not to hurt Ava by her any word.

"That time you were small but now you can fight. If he betrays you then break his bones and show him who Ava Allen is. Give your heart a try, Av. Give Archie a chance." Amelia said giving a small smile to Ava to provide her the courage she wanted.

Processing every word of Amelia, Ava tried to comfort her fragile heart. Amelia was right, she was simply afraid to start any relationship with anyone. That was the reason she shut away Archie, the moment she realized her heart was melting for that fiery-eyed handsome. Even came up with excuses that Archie could be a stalker or a psycho and so on.

But she shouldn't be scared. She had surpassed that stage of her childhood that was dark and she was weak. She wasn't weak anymore and it was actually time to show that her past wasn't in her conscience anymore.

She looked at Amelia and saw the hope flickering in her pretty eyes.

"Sometimes, you really talk sense," Ava said and a smile broke on her face as she teased Amelia.

Amelia mouth dropped and she stepped back from Ava, pulling away her hand and sitting back on her place.

"I don't talk nonsense either," Amelia retorted with a grim face.

"Of course, you talk something that doesn't even belong to this world," Ava said, suppressing her laughter. She was having this moment with Amelia after so long and it was damn relaxing.

"Yeah, it belongs to my world. Amelia world." Amelia said annoyed at Ava for teasing her that way.

Ava watched as Amelia turned away with a pout adorning her cute face. So much she wanted to pull her cheeks at that time.

"Now stop being upset over a stupid thing, Amy," Ava said pinching Amelia on her hand.

Amelia jumped and glared Ava who passed her cutest smile.

"C'mon now, Amy," Ava said in a reprimanding tone.

"I don't know why am telling you all this today. It isn't my job to advise you." Amelia said thoughtfully "I shouldn't even be saying all this shit like be strong because you're already strong. Dozens of boys whose ribs you broke, knows it."

Ava chuckled at her reference. Amelia knew her so well and she was so apt in her references. But she couldn't help herself feeling low and scared all these days.

"Because my dear Amy, everyone needs support at one phase of their life," Ava said seriously but with a smile.

"I know baby. I know." Amelia said sighing dramatically. After all, Amelia needed support more than Ava ever needed so she was able to relate.

Smiling at her antics, Ava punched her lightly on the shoulder and Amelia burst in laughter. Both hugged each other happily.

.

Enraged so much that Audra wanted to burn the world at that moment. He was trying damn so much to take his revenge but the treacherous white powers were damn failing him.

"We have to break them. If they'll be together, we can't win." Samay said what Audra already knew and the truth being spoken hit him harder.

"Even if they're alone, that white power is helping them. They got some devices too. It is getting difficult than expected." Audra said with a scowl. White power shouldn't have snatched his power if it was going to help those gifted people in their rebirth too. It was the injustice of nature and he could feel the heat of anger in his body.

"We can't expect white power to completely abandon them. Even though their own powers started to decline after killing Demonio they were still protected until their own betrayed them." Samay said cautiously.

This gave Audra the idea he needed. A smirk came over his face. He knew how to handle white power now. Or better how to weaken it.

Audra walked outside and took the vial the smoke of which numbed him and Samay. Crushing it in his hand, he savoured the feeling of power in his body.

"Abhay, you shouldn't have involved yourself in killing spree. First help and then backstab, isn't great." Audra muttered with a smirk on his face. 

.

Snow was falling softly and beautifully. The wind was blowing and twilight had engulfed Dehradun, sharply contrasting the weather in a marvellous beauty.

Taking a break from their work, Ava had spent a cheerful day with Amelia. The laughter still glowing on their faces as they made way to their hotel suite.

Ava stopped with Amelia on noticing the boys entering the hotel. A greeting and bye was all Ava had planned. But thing didn't go as planned with boys.

"Ahan, I was wondering if you get kidnapped again. Wasn't in the mood to run for you again." Ashley said, a smirk coming over his face.

Ava eyes widened at his remark. She looked at Amelia who went red hearing to Ashley. At least, their anger worked together. Ava pressed her lips so to cover her smile.

"Who told you to help me? I could've help myself." Amelia said.

Ava had expected that reply from Amelia. She turned to Ashley, waiting for his comeback. Ashley seemed a lot calmer to Ava today.

"Maybe," Ashely shrugged. "but we weren't ready to wait for you to help yourself."

Now, that sure was something. Ava was eager to hear Amelia reply on this one when her little enjoyment came to an abrupt halt.

"Ava," Archie called standing beside her.

Ava stiffened, realising his presence. Slowly, she looked at him. Her heart raced and her mind jumped into chaos. She wasn't ready to face him yet. She needed time.

"Ah, I'll talk to you later Archie," Ava said and turned on her heels ready to leave as soon as possible.

"Ava listen," she heard Archie calling her and quicken her pace.

She wanted to disappear right then. She wasn't ready to talk to him yet. Not for any conversation.

Ava gasped when a hand grasped her wrist and twirled her around. Immediately her hand flew to his chest as she tried to balance herself from falling on him. She looked in his fiery eyes with anticipation.

There was a strange emotion in his fiery eyes today and she thought she knew that one but didn't want to admit it.

"Archie," Ava tried to pull away from him.

"Why are you doing this to me, Ava? You can't ignore me like this. You know I like you maybe love you... Okay screw it, I love you, Ava." Archie said in one breath and his words took away her breath.

Suddenly, all voices ceased to exist and all Ava could hear was his words and their heartbeats.

She stared him in disbelief, trying to see if he realised what he actually said. Or she was actually trying to assure her heart that she heard him right.

He confessed.

"Love?" Ava questioned in a whisper. Although she could feel her heart fluttering, she wanted to be sure of his feeling. It was too early for her to confirm if he loved her or not unless he confessed himself.

"If caring for someone and going mad for that person accounts as love then yes, Ava, I love you," Archie said softly in his deep voice filled with so much love that Ava could actually feel it in his voice.

Her eyes filled up with mist and her heart danced in the chest. She was overwhelmed by this surprise happiness.

Feeling her legs going all weak and getting no reply to his out of blue confession, Ava wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest where she could feel his heart beating for her.

A smile broke on her face as she finally welcomed the happiness, letting go of her apprehensions and insecurities.

Her heart calmed and she felt happy.

She knew she caught Archie off guard just like he had, that's why he took his own sweet time to hug her back.

Before she could enjoy the bliss, the sound of clapping and whistles made her realize they weren't alone. She flushed, hiding her face in his chest, before composing herself and breaking the sweet hug.

She noticed the charming smile on Archie face and then turned to look at Amelia who took her in a tight hug.

"Congrats, baby," Amelia muttered in her ears. "You took the right decision."

Ava smiled at her encouragement and looked at Archie who was hugged by Ethan. He was looking at her too and their eyes locked.

"Give it a break. They didn't agree for marriage." Ashley said, snapping everyone out of their happiness.

Ava looked at Ashley and noticed the frown on his face. She realized he wanted to be the centre of attention and didn't like being ignored. This brought a playful smile on her face. Ashley seemed a kid to her much like Amelia.

"Someone sounds unhappy. Maybe jealous." Amelia said, playing with her hair and staring Ashley.

"Oh please, am actually glad he won't annoy me anymore," Ashley said.

Ava jaws dropped and she looked at Archie who shook his head at Ashley's behaviour.

"Really then let us celebrate. I'm even thinking of a party." Amelia said, clearly her intention was to vex Ashley.

Party idea didn't seem bad to Ava. She actually missed her late-night parties with Amelia and some other colleagues.

"Whatever" Ashley gritted, evidently not knowing how else to react.

Ava chuckled at their interaction. Amelia knew how to get on Ashley nerves but what attracted Ava was the way Ashley managed to annoy Amelia sometimes. It wasn't easy to outdo Amelia. No one ever did. But Ashley was the exception at times.

"Alright, give the couple some privacy, guys," Ethan said stopping Ashley and Amelia from their usual bantering.

Ava felt the heat rising to her cheeks. It was so new and her friend with his friends made sure, she felt the embarrassment even before she could understand she was in love.

"Someone finally," Amelia said giving out an exaggerated sigh which made Ava smile.

"Shoo, mister," Amelia said pulling Ashley at little distance and finally pushing him.

Ava eyes widened and she giggled noticing the shock and anger on Ashley face. She couldn't hear Ashley but he surely cursed and Amelia ignored him by acting deaf and walking to her way.

This girl.

"Done with friend?" Ava snapped hearing the husky voice of Archie close to her ears.

A chill ran down her spine as she realised they were now. Alone after her silent confession. She gasped feeling his hand slipping to her waist and looked at him wide-eyed as she felt her stomach twisting and a tingling sensation in her body.

"I see, am the first," Archie said with a smile and Ava looked away not wanting to melt in his arms.

Damn, she never knew the feeling of love would be so alluring and beautiful.

"You didn't answer, by the way," Archie said.

"About what?" Ava asked cautiously, looking at him with innocent green eyes.

"Do you love me?" Archie asked slowly and deeply.

Ava looked in his fiery eyes filled with love and the smile on his handsome face. He wanted answer.

"Um, can we go somewhere? Maybe where there's not many people." Ava said. She was kinda private and wanted to keep her moments private.

Archie chuckled - "I don't mind people but I agree after that disturbance."

Ava giggled recalling the excitement of their friends.

Welcoming the comforting silence and enjoying the falling flakes with ruffling wind, they walked to the secluded area in the warmth of each other love.

Sitting down on the bench under the shade, they watched the snow for a long minute to assure their hearts it was real. Serenity warmed in the reign of frozen moment.

"So?" Archie started

Ava knew he wanted to hear the words from her but she felt nervous to spell them out. She never felt so nervous ever before. Damn, why does everything has first time?

But well, some first time are good.

Like this one.

"I like you, too," Ava said playing with her finger.

"Just like?" Archie asked disappointment clear in his voice.

"Maybe love too, but let's settle for like now," Ava said with a grin that melted Archie and he nodded with a tight smile.

"Too early," Archie said shaking his head with a smile.

"You're still first though," Ava said touching his cheeks, startling him with her behaviour.

He looked at her and their eyes locked.

"I'm not allowing you to leave me even if it is like," Ava said, her eyes translating the fear and love that had clutched her heart from so long.

She noticed the confusion clouding his fiery eyes and she knew the question was going to come.

"So why did you try to leave me at first place?" Archie asked cautiously as he stared down in her eyes.

Ava sighed and straightening up, looked away from him. She actually shivered feeling the cold wind for the first time in the evening.

She had to tell him. He should know before they could start together. Shit, they had already started but it was better late than never.

"I was disturbed," Ava said and felt his hand slipping in hers.

She looked at Archie and noticed the support. Her voice must've shivered that he got the idea she needed a support. This melted her heart and motivated her to tell him the truth.

"My childhood wasn't great. Betrayal and violence. I prefer not to remember but I can't forget it myself." Ava said, trying to explain him without giving the details of the horrible things that she went through in tender age but the flashes still disturbed her as she struggled to bury them.

Archie pressed her hand and that gave her strength that she needed. She took the cold breath to calm her scarred heart.

"I witnessed the torture before being subjected to it. It was terrifying. Mentally and physically." Ava completed, dropping her head and gazing their intertwined hands with a flickering hope.

Ava felt his arms pulling her towards him. Feeling her body sweltering in his arms, she let him protect her from the harsh weather and harsher past. Her body eased in his arms and a tingle ran down her spine. She finally relaxed feeling the love.

Around them, the snow and the air played in the rhythm and enticed the moment in a soothing harmony.

Target: 14 votes update on Friday.
13 votes update on 17th April.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4.2K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...
252K 11.6K 57
Story start from remarriage track. Khushi was missing after her remarriage which did not happened. Where is Khushi? What happens after that? Will de...
74.8K 3.5K 18
Love never needs a perfect age to infect someone! But not all are wise to embrace it when it knocks their doors! By the time they realise, it would h...
176K 12.5K 40
❛ℓσνє ỉѕ ησт ѕσмєтнιηց уσυ, ցσ συт αηԃ ℓσσк ƒσя! ℓσνє ƒιηԃѕ уσυ αηԃ ωнєη ιт ԃσєѕ; яєαԃу σя ησт...