Recruit: Book One of the Univ...

By GeorgeMcDormanJr

Cory has always believed we were not alone. After he meets Krystal, a beautiful woman he literally bumps into... More

Recruit : Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Question

Chapter 38

157 23 9
By GeorgeMcDormanJr

  The fleet came out of stardrive four lightyears from the Sha'agra system and immediately cloaked to avoid detection. Here they dispersed the programmers ships around the system to stand by for the orders to disable all traffic on the ground and those going in or out of the system. The cloaked battleships stopped just outside the system. Drones launched and immediately cloaked for surveillance to determine the threat level on the surface.

  Gwersa sat next to Chuff as he flew his drone over the squad's sector, Shoure was his wingman, keeping his eyes open for aerial countermeasures.

  The scene on the ground showed mature Ruchkitay performing daily routines, no sense of urgency that preceded a swarming. It was noticed that they were on edge for some reason.

  "This one is going to be tough." Cory declared, unhappily "We should pull back while we inform the troops. I'll go tell the Commander. Continue surveillance, set down where you can see what's going on."

  When Cory got to the bridge he found T'ilvesh at the scanner station. The Commander looked worried, pacing back and forth behind the officer manning the console.

  "I don't like this," T'ilvesh said "something doesn't feel right. I just can't figure out what."

  "I think you're right." Cory interjected "There's something off, but what?"

  T'ilvesh shrugged his shoulders "What's on your mind, Cory."

  "I came to request falling back," Cory said "we can set up observation posts on world and off. We need more intelligence before we commit to an offensive. You're right, something's wrong. We need to find out what it is first."

  T'ilvesh immediately issued the orders to fall back leaving surveillance in place to monitor the planets surface. As the ship turned to leave the scanners warned of a warp opening just beyond the systems outer planets orbit.

  Out of the wormhole came a ship to rival the Retailator in size. As Cory and T'ilvesh watched, the massive vessel headed to Sha'agra. If the ship contained reinforcements it meant the Ruchkitay had found out about the reclamation efforts.

  "Programmers, disable that ship but do not evacuate the atmosphere." T'ilvesh ordered, turning to Cory "Let's find out who or what is in that ship before we act."

  "You don't think it's Ruchki's?" Cory asked "Can we hack the internal comm system of that ship?"

  "Get Tij here,ASAP!" T'ilvesh ordered.

  "Sir," Shree acknowledged as she contacted the programmers ships to relay the Commanders orders.

  Turning to Cory, T'ilvesh motioned to join him in the ready room. Cory closed the door behind him then sat across from T'ilvesh and waited while the Commander sat, trying to put what he felt into words.

  T'ilvesh had never felt this type of apprehension before. Sure, he had been cautious on more than one reclamation, but this planet had him scared. Very scared. He struggled to put it into words that wouldn't make him appear weak. Sensing his struggle Cory spoke up first.

  "You need to be careful," Cory started "it's dangerous to attack before you know what you're up against."

  "It doesn't make me look like a coward?" T'ilvesh asked "I can't afford to have the rest of the fleet see me as weak."

  "I see you as trying to keep your crews alive." Cory responded "Don't act rashly. That's what gets people killed."

  "Sir," Shree interrupted "Tij will be here in twenty minutes."

  "Thank you, Shree." T'ilvesh said "Now we wait."

________________________________

  Tij came into the ready room wondering why he had been called to the Revenge. His work was on the programmers ship overseeing the disabling of all ships entering or leaving the system.

  "You wanted to see me?" Tij asked "How can I help?"

  "We want to see what or who is in that ship." T'ilvesh stated "Can you access the internal comm system?"

  "Sure," Tij said. " I should have your access in a couple of minutes."

  It took less time than that as Tij accessed the unknown ships internal comm system and had both audio and visual up on the ready room's screen.

  With just one look inside T'ilvesh and Cory were shocked to see Sha'agrans running around trying to retake control of their ship.

  "Cory, go get Gwersa and Chuff," T'ilvesh ordered "tell them we need them here on the double."

  "Yes, Sir!" Cory responded as he keyed the squads comm frequency "Chuff, bring your Mom to the ready room. Hurry !"

  "Alright," Chuff's voice came through Corys comm "What's up?"

  "You'll find out when you get here," Cory said "Start running."

  Gwersa and Chuff ran into the ready room moments later only to stop short, shocked to see their people on the screen.

  "Where did they come from," Gwersa asked "They look tired. Hungry and worn out."

  "That's why you're here," T'ilvesh stated "I need you to talk to them. Find out why they're here."

  "Can they hear me?" she asked "I might be able to get on board to talk in person. That will show them we trust them."

  "Whatever it takes." the Commander replied "I'll leave this in your hands."

  "Tij, can you patch me into their comm system?" Gwersa asked, hopefully.

  "Sure thing." Tij assured her as he tapped on his keyboard "Go ahead, you're on."

  "To the Sha'agrans on this ship," Gwersa announced "We want to talk. Can I come onboard your vessel?"

  All activity stopped on board the disabled ship when Gwersa's voice rang out over the comm speakers. One Sha'agran stepped up to the comm station unsure of how to respond.

  "Who are you?" the person asked "What do you want?"

  "My name is Gwersa," she replied" I'm here with friends who have weapons that the Ruchkitay are vulnerable to. We are here to retake our home."

  There was a stunned silence from the refugees as they heard the news of Earths weapons. They couldn't have known about the formation of the fleet or the discovery of Earths weapon's effectiveness against the Ruchkitay.

  "We have formed a fleet with many of the Ruchkitay's victims in order to exterminate this threat." Gwersa informed them "We would like to have your group join us in the fight."

  "How do we know this isn't a trick?" the other responded "The vermin are crafty and viscous."

  "I am one of you," Gwersa returned "A Sha'agran who wants her home back. Just as you do."

  The other ships crew could be seen conferring among themselves. A few minutes later they reached a consensus.

  "You may come." the other said "Bring one other with you. If you try to trick us we will destroy your ship."

  "I will be there in a half an hour." Gwersa returned "My son will accompany me."

  Tij cut the signal when she nodded to him. Turning, Gwersa went out to the Commander to inform him of the agreement.

  As she opened the door to the bridge she  growled in surprise when T'ilvesh stood directly in front of her. T'ilvesh stepped back, holding his hands out in front, surrendering.

  "I'm sorry!" He said, smiling "Remember? I'm on your side."

  "Sorry, Commander," Gwersa replied. "you startled me."

  She then told T'ilvesh about the suspicious nature of the Sha'agran aboard the other ship. She then informed him of her and Chuff going to talk to the others to get them to join the fleet. T'ilvesh nodded his approval and suggested they take a shuttle transport if any of the other ship's crew wanted to come back with them. He then told her to take a few dispensers so they could eat properly.

  "I'll have a cargo carrier ready to go back with more dispensers, even if they don't agree to join us." T'ilvesh said.

  With that, Gwersa and Chuff left for the hanger. The dispensers were already on the transport when they got there. In a minute they were on their way to meet with the rest of their people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

501 42 41
What could be worse than finding out you're not human? How about finding out that half of your kind, including your father, want to use you or kill y...
909 316 90
Nine years have passed on Earth since Sabrina and Scotty Devon returned from Praxatillus. A surprise visitor to Sabrina's office turns out to be Miah...
13.4K 924 79
Completed! ***Book One of the Humans Are Weird Trilogy*** #1 in sci-fi romance June 2021 Humans think other humans are weird: my weird obsession, my...
Unity By etinks

Science Fiction

11.7K 1.6K 42
Revised version of "Battleship Unity" Book one of the Unity series It has taken countless years and billions of lives, but the Earth has finally achi...