Different IRL

By junieb2112

Luna is your not so typical college freshman looking forward to the opposite of new adventures. She likes qui... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 9

127 11 0
By junieb2112

So I've done it. I've accomplished the private conversation and have a record of it. I wonder if it's good enough to be done with this horse shit. First chance I get, I'm gonna ask those idiots.

The conversation was a little awkward, but that's my fault. I was trying to get her to give up her locale. There was something about Rose that kind of sparked my interest which is weird because, really, we've only had two conversations and both of them were short and uneventful. Plus, I have zero clue as to what she looks like. Why am I so curious based on nothing? Maybe it has to do with the fact that I can't see her. There is something to be said for a bit of mystery.

Also, It's kinda coincidental how we both have history projects due. Although, it's school. So maybe not so coincidental? I don't know. It's nagging at me though. Usually when I finish playing a game or do anything for that matter, I forget about it and move on. Today is different. Today I woke up curious about a chick, and I'm not sure I like the feeling. It's foreign. Foreign because chicks come easy to me. I don't have to put effort into getting what I want which usually doesn't entail a relationship. Because of that, I'm never curious. It's a waste of time.

Rose, on the other hand, makes me feel curious. I tap my hand on my counter waiting for my Keurig to heat up. But I'm beating around the bush with my thoughts and trying to fool myself. Yeah, I'm curious about Rose. How nice. Take her out of the equation and that gives me Luna.

I can't stop thinking about her. There was no way in hell I was gonna let that basketball kid pair up with her. She's mine. The thing is, I don't know what that means. Do I want to bang her or do I...want her? Running my hands through my hair, I let out a sigh. I don't know. There's just something about her. The way her eyes widen when she sees me or when she holds her breath when I get close to her. It's fucking sweet and innocent. I don't know a single chick on campus that's innocent. Maybe I'm being presumptuous in assuming she's innocent, but her reactions to me tell me she is.

Knowing that makes me want to be the first between her legs. The first and the only. Yeah, I was staking my claim on her in that classroom yesterday. Hopefully high tops will tell his team to back off, but I know I won't be so lucky. Luna's gorgeous. She turns heads walking down the damn sidewalk.

Either way, I better make up my mind fast. Someone that gorgeous doesn't stay single for long, and I think I'll lose my shit if some other dickhead thinks he's gonna make a move. I can't do that. I used to be a brawler at my high school and was in trouble more often than not. My only saving grace was my father's donations and my grades. Had I not had those two components, I would have been expelled and not where I am today.

Nowadays, I keep my shit straight. I walk the line with a perfect gpa, I'm making money and have a long-term business plan. The last thing I need is to fuck up. I can't be indebted to my parents. Especially my father. I've worked too hard at changing my shit up despite my image.

Not much I can do about how I look aside from removing all the tattoos, and I'm not about to do that. I heard that shit hurts worse than a mother fucker. No thanks. My profession doesn't need to have clean skin anyway. I'll live with my tats. And, really, I don't regret them. They're a reflection of myself as cliche as that may sound. Plus I'm so used to them, I don't really notice anymore.

Finally, my coffee is brewed. I swear I need a new machine. This thing is running beyond slow. Taking a sip, I wince at the ultra hot brew. Yeah. Definitely need a new one. Maybe I should unplug it. I do so, and head to my couch to catch the news I only watch for the weather and try to wake up. I wonder if Rose is on. Why would she be? It's early in the morning. Screw it.

I log in and look around the game and blink in surprise when I see a private message pop onto my screen.

Rose: Hey u! What r u doing on so early?

Aela: Hey back at ya. Just trying to wake up. Hbu?

Rose: Same. And, ugh! I have a full schedule todaaaay!

Aela: Lol. Well each day gets us closer to Friday, right?

Rose: For sure. Hey, I'm curious, can I ask u a question?

Aela: Sure.

Rose: Do people at your school throw parties?

Aela: Mhm.

Rose: Do...u go?

Aela: Usually with my bros.

Oh. Fuck! I didn't just type bros. Fuck me! I need to do damage control, stat! Fuck, how do I fix this? Think, think, think.

Rose: Bros?

Fuck.

Aela: Lol. That's what I call my girlfriends because they're such guys girls. You know what I mean? 

I slap my forehead. If she believes that crock of shit, she's a little dim. Please be dumb and swallow this load.

Rose: For sure. My bestie is kinda like that. I love her though.

Aela: I love my friends too.

No I don't. I hate them. Those mother fuckers put me into this situation. Why the hell did I logon this morning? I'm just glad she didn't seem to notice my slip up.

Rose: Actually, I only have one friend.

Aela: Hey, one is all ya need.

Rose: So are u going to be on later?

Aela: It depends on my workload. You?

Rose: Same.

Aela: See ya 'round, Rose.

I log off and realize I made another error. I keep sounding like a dude. Why? Because I am a dude. Man, it's only a matter of time before I really fuck up even worse than I did today. I really need to get the boys together to clear me of this stupid bet. Actually, why do I even care about a bet? Fuck this shit. I don't have time for this. I'm almost late for class, goddammit.

I've never run to class before. Actually, I'm not running. I'm more like jogging. Glancing around, no one seems to be paying attention to me except for the chicks around. Yeah, yeah I see y'all eye fucking me. Keep dreaming, skanks.

"Shy!"

I don't need to look to know it's Alex doing his best to catch up to me. Maybe I should pick up the pace to see if he'll follow. I do and keep going until I'm full on running down the street. What the hell am I doing?

"Shy, you dumb ass! Stop! I don't fucking run!" he screeches like a girl.

Chuckling, I have mercy on my best friend's ass and stop outside the social sciences building to wait for him. He really needs to stop smoking.

"Ass," he slumps over bracing his hands on his knees dragging in deep breaths of air. "Hey is...is Kiki in your first hour class?"

"Yeah. You know that."

"I gotta get in that class, brother. I don't have any with her."

"And why would you? She's a freshman, dude."

"Yeah. I'm gonna re-take the class."

I laugh. Boy is in love. No thanks. "Why would you do that? Why not take an art class or something?"

"Umm, duh, you're in the class. It'll be funner with the four of us."

"Four of us?"

"Yeah. Me, Kiki, you and Luna."

I nod my head. He isn't wrong on that.

"I suggest you hurry up. Tito is gunning for your chick."

Alex itches his head. "Basketball player?"

"Yup."

"No way."

"What's no way?" Carter and Tyler walk up.

"Dude. I got the proof of me talking with a chick. So the bets done. I won and that's that."

Tyler grabs for my phone, "Lemme see."

"Dude, I'm already late. I'll show you later. I'm just telling you. It's done."

"Boo. You're no fun."

I roll my eyes and leave all my friends behind now late for my history class. The fucking door is gonna be locked again, and I'm going to have to knock. Whatever, I don't care. Mrs. Minty doesn't scare me. I mean, she kinda does only because I've known her the entire time I've been at this school and have only ever seen her wear green. She's weird, and I don't care how judgmental I sound.

I give a hard knock to the door, and Mrs. Minty opens it not surprised to see me. She doesn't say a word, but lets me in before simply closing the door and resuming her lecture. Everyone is paired up, and I see Luna taking notes sitting close enough to Kiki that would lead anyone to believe they were partners. Of course Tito is pressed against Kiki's side so that makes them look more like a trio instead.

Luna is so engrossed in her note taking she doesn't look up or see me approach. I move my seat away from her a good legs length and then abruptly pull her to my side earning a nice startled squeak from her lips. I love catching her off guard. Her reactions are adorable.

"Wha...what are you doing?" Her eyes are wide and her pouty lips are slightly parted waiting for my response.

When I don't answer her right away, her pink tongue darts out and licks the dry surface of her lips. She's killing me. My eyes drop, and she notices snapping her mouth shut.

"What do you have so far?" I totally ignore her earlier inquiry. No one questions my behavior.

"I...I just made a time line of when Henry married each woman," she whispers tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

I lean in a little because her voice is so damn soft, I can't hear her well. I ask her to repeat herself and put my ear right by her lips. I know she's checking out the multiple piercings I have. There's a lobe, helix, daith and tragus. While I'm patiently waiting, I notice her hand falls to her lap and her legs press together ever so slightly. I already know I affect her, but I just can't get enough of her reactions to me. I'm also aware of how close our bodies are as the front of my shoulder is slightly pressed against the back of hers. She feels so small against me, and I'm instantly hard. This foolery is backfiring on me yet I wait for her to repeat herself.

"She said she made a time line. Get a grip."

I feel a hand slap the back of my head causing the long strands of my hair to fall forward, and I scowl moving to smooth them back into place.

"You. Hightops. Outta my seat."

How the hell did Alex get his schedule changed in under ten fucking minutes? Wait. He probably didn't, and I doubt mint leaf's gonna care. Although she seems to be treating this freshman class like a kindergarten class, so she might. I can't help myself but laugh as my friend winks at me and threatens to fake punch Tito jolting the freshman out of his seat and then planting a loud kiss on Kiki's forehead. He definitely doesn't stall for time that's for sure.

I grin watching the two. Kiki doesn't blush but rather looks more excited to have her soon to be ball and chain next to her. The girl is very opposite to Luna and it's a wonder how they're best friends. Interesting. I return my attention to Luna who shakes her head with a smile at her best friend.

"Great! Now I don't have a partner," Tito whines.

"Oh! Well, how about you can be my partner, Tito?" Mrs. Minty smiles brightly.

"What?! No way," he slams his hands down onto the desk like a disgusted middle schooler.

"Tito! You are a college student not a high school student, and you will be partnered up with me whether you like it or not!" Mrs. Minty shouts.

Alex busts out laughing, and as much as I try not to, I do the same. I love freshman classes. Nothing is different as students move up the ranks of school. There's kindergarten, fifth grade, ninth grade and first year college. We ride the waves of highs and lows and for every turn we take, every first year of anything, we're just like babies. For some reason, that entertains me.

With the squabble over, I give Luna my full attention. "We should get together after class and really plan this out. I don't want to waste time on this."

"Oh."

Okay, that came out wrong. She's looking away from me which means she's misinterpreted what I just said as my not wanting to hang out with her. Why am I having to do damage control twice today? I lean in and nudge her arm.

"Anything we manage to accomplish in here will be a waste of time because it's clearly distracting," I point at a disgruntled Tito who is now sitting next to Mrs. Minty's desk at the front of the class. A dawning expression lights her face, and her mood shifts slightly.

"Of course. Do...do you want to meet at the coffee shop?"

"No. We need room to spread out. We can meet at my place."

"You're place?"

"Yeah. I live five minutes from here."

"I didn't realize you were in a frat."

"I'm not."

"You don't live in a dorm though, right?"

"Right. I live in a house."

Her little mouth forms the shape of an O as she comes to a conclusion. "So your family is local?"

"No, I live on my own."

"By yourself?"

"Yup. All by myself," I chuckle.

She fidgets a bit looking to Kiki who is too engrossed with Alex to notice her silent plea for help. The strand of hair she had tucked behind her ear has escaped, and I can't help myself and re-tuck it for her. That was a fatal error for me. Her hair is fucking softer than any material I've ever touched. I'm so screwed.

"Maybe we should meet at the library?" She suggests instead, her cute voice raised a panicked octave.

I can't stop the grin that spreads over my face as I look her in the eyes. She's spellbound, but I'm just as much. The green to her eyes is so pure, they look like glass. Yeah. I'm so fucking screwed. Luckily for me, she has no clue just how captivated she has me. Hopefully, I can drag this out.

I do love the chase.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6.4K 58
"You're my favorite thing." He croaked. "You're all I have left . . . I don't know what I would do if you left me." *** A story built on coffee, awk...
72.9K 1.4K 45
Lilly Thatcher is a 21-year-old university student. She's your classic goody two shoes reader girl. She was sweet and innocent to everyone she knew...
1.5M 45.8K 35
Midnight is seventeen and is considered the 'runt' of her family's wolfpack. So she finally decides to runaway. However, while trying to do so, she e...
21.2K 338 27
Re-writing/editing It's strange how quickly your life can change. How it can go from happiness and joy all the time to sorrow and dread with a single...