The Death of a Time Viewer (C...

By Cptmorgue

Morgianna Salieri is an average girl. She makes good grades, never gets in trouble, and works hard in her mar... More

Death Is Not The End
Characters
Reborn
Curse This Tiny Body
A Little Adventure
Are We Enemies?
This girl isn't natural!
Capture Targets When Older
Otome Game?!
Public Debut
Public Debut 2
A Chance Encounter.
To Break A Curse
The Pact
Where To Go
The New Guard
Death Wants Payment
Lets join a Guild
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Little Red
Fight Their Way In
The Strongest
Author Update
Picking A Payment
The Target
Payment In Full
Death
Author note
The Invitation
A Princely Party
A Princely Party 2
THE Mission
Thank you!
Alnwick
The Real Alnwick
A Plan
The Binds that Hold Us
The Gathering of Beasts
Nothing to do with the story
The Start of His End
As Black as His Soul
When Two Became Four
When Two Became Four part 2
A Proper Lady's Party
Meeting the "Heroine"
Lets be Friends
Lets Be Friends (part2)
Her Brothers Friend
Little Red and The Not So Bad Wolf
Spilling Secrets
A Big Happy Family
Thank you!
Necro
Kidnapped the Wrong Girl
Power, Foes, and I want to go home.
Q&A
Q&A Answered
Who is She?
New Guild Members
A Family Vacation
Disaster Strikes
An Unexpected Visitor
About The Engagement
Love is in the Air
Surprise
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Part 2
Off on Another Adventure
12th Birthday Party part 3
Where Dragons Live
Where Dragons Live Part 2
What Happened?
All is Fair In Love and War
All Is Fair in Love and War part 2
The Making of a Murderer
Sacrifices
Before and After
What Happens Now
What Happens Now Part 2
Another Pact
A Woman Scorned
Never Goodbye
Crossroads Academy
First Day
First Day Part 2
First Day Part 3
School Life
Meeting The Dean
announcement
She's An Obstacle
Teams
The Contest
The Contest Part 2
After The Contest
Finding Her
Under The Hood
The Hunt Begins Anew
Needing A Reason
Becoming a Crowd
Telling The Truth
Preparing For The End
Death Comes for All
The Making of an Army
Pink Haired Beauty No More
Surprise Attack
The Signal of The End
The Final
The Last Sacrifice
Death Is Still Not The End
Epilogue
Welcome To The Blumhouse
Short Spin-offs

Little Red and the Not So Bad Wolf

8.2K 419 31
By Cptmorgue

Since the party, she had met Olive at she found she had hardly any time to herself. Myra was much friendlier, or at least as friendly as the woman could be. She would personally follow her around sometimes and ask if there was anything she needed or bring her, her favorite snacks.

Sometimes Morgianna could see the disappointment reflecting in Myra's eyes when she still had not told Fafnir about her past. She wanted to she just did not know how. As the days when by she felt even more guilty and just wanted to escape for a little while.

"Fafnir, will you go pick up a mission for us? I need to get out of the house for a little while." She knew he had seen how anxious she was lately and wouldn't question her too much. He was the most troublesome to sneak away from so it would be best if he was not at the castle at all.

He gave a slight now, his eyes sizing up her words. "As you wish, do not leave the castle until I return."

She let out a breath when she finally saw his figure leaving through the gates. He did not bother with a carriage as his wings would carry him to his destination in a quarter of the time.

She knew he would rush, never liking to be away from her for too long. He feared she would run off and get hurt, which was a valid fear seeing as how she plans to run off.

"Sophia, is Myra and Alnwick still practicing? Could you, help me prepare something for them to eat for when they are done? I would like to also invite Felix to a tea party when he returns home. Could you set everything up for me for that as well? I'm sorry for asking so much of you." She put on a frown and looked down. Sophia has always had a sweet spot for Morgianna but she knew the girl was planning something she just did not know what.

"Young miss, it is my job. I shall have things prepared accordingly." She did a slight now and excused herself. After she left she headed towards the guards stationed at the end of the hall. "If young miss leaves her room, inform me. Guard her as her normal guards are busy."

Both men nodded their agreement and trained their attention on the door of Morgiannas quarters.

Meanwhile on the other side of that door Morgianna was cursing internally. She knew Sophia was sharp but she did not expect the woman to go so far as to put eyes on her. She walked to her window and peered down. When she was younger her room had been on the second floor but over time she had worn her father down until he allowed her to pick a room on the fourth. She had found a room that had a hidden room off of it, though at the moment she did not know what to even use it for.

She regretted her decision to move rooms as she looked down at the ground several stories below. As a vampire her body would withstand more than when she was human but still she was not keen on the idea of dropping from this height. She had been practicing her wind magic over the years but she had never tried to move herself, just random objects when she was feeling lazy.

She looked back towards her door and debated on if she could sneak out using her darkness. However, with the guards explicitly looking for her the moment her door opened they would know something was up.

It was now or never. Cloaking herself in darkness she sat on her windowsill and stared down at the ground. 'If I die again I am gonna be so mad.'.  She pushed off and felt the air whistle past her face. She focused on slowing her descent and felt the air shift around her. In what was only a matter of seconds her feet touched the ground and she opened her eyes that she had shut tight. She was about to sigh in relief when she heard guards making their rounds.

Making her way over to the secret passage she held her breath and blended into the shadows waiting for the guards to pass and praying they would not notice her.

The guards we're rushing and she heard bits of their conversation. "There were sightings of a black wolf in the surrounding forest lately." "Do you think the werewolves are planning an attack?" "Our duke should let us just go take care of the pest." The three men jogged by never even noticing a pair of mismatched eyes that followed their every move.

Hearing news of a black wolf in the forest did not deter her even in the slightest. She hoped to see the wolf as it had been several years since she had seen him and felt as if she was missing something.

She quickly exited through the wall and headed deeper into the forest. Her steps were sure and steady as if she had no care in the world and she was only taking a stroll through her own personal garden. Within minutes she felt eyes on her but just continued on her way.

When she reached a small creak she stopped and peered down at the colorful rocks below the surface.

"I know you are back there." Her voice was soft but the wolf picked it up no problem. "You have been following me for at least a mile. I was hoping I would see you." She felt her lips tilt up in a smile.

She turned slowly not wanting to spook him. Her eyes once again met those vibrant blue eyes. His pitch-black fur barely moved as the wind caressed him. He stood stock-still like a statue, and she would have believed it if not for rise and fall of his chest.

Morgianna sat where she stood, uncaring of fur dirt and bugs. "It has been a while. You have grown so much larger! When I heard there was a black wolf in the forest, I hoped it was you."

"What would you have done if it wasn't." The voice was low but still slightly childish causing Morgianna to giggle.

"Well if it wasn't you then I probably would have run away." She gave him a cheeky grin when his eyes widened.

The wolf and she were only 10 feet from one another but she felt no fear. She had met him several times over her life here and each time she did it cemented into her mine more deeply that he was not bad.

"Would you like to come to sit with me? I promise I do not bite." She grinned a toothy grin and could see the clear discomfort on his wolfy face.

He took a few hesitant steps until there were only a few feet between them and lowered himself to his stomach. "You are too trusting. I could easily kill you."

Mofgianna could hear the exasperation in his tone. "It is true you could try to kill me, but I am not so weak that I would just lay down and die." She lowered her head staring at her hands. "Not again anyway." The last three words were like a bomb, causing the wolf to quickly jolt to his feet.

Morgianna looked up in a panic. "I meant to say..." She tried to find a lie that could be believable but nothing came to mind. All she could do was stare at him with her mouth opening and closing. "I'm sorry... Can you forget that? I just felt so comfortable around you that for a moment I forgot where I was."

Kieran felt like his mind would short circuit. From the way she said it, she had died before. 'Are you saying that you have died before?' He began pacing never letting his eyes move from her.

Her stomach felt like it was full of lead and her head full of pounding drums. She picked a small wildflower and brought it up to her face before speaking. "I am sorry, but I cannot let this information leak out." She looked up her eyes were dim and looked dead. All joy was gone from seeing him previously.

He felt a chill run down his spine and froze, waiting to see what she would do next. "I have a mission to this world and it is more important than anything. Even my own life." Her voice was cold, devoid of all emotion.

'I will not reveal your secret, I vow it on my wolf.' Should I fail to keep my vow, my wolf will be stripped from my body and shred my soul.' The vow caught Morgianna off guard, making sorrow flicker across her eyes.

She sighed and sat back down holding her head in her hands. A tear escaped her eye and rolled down her cheek. "It is my fault yet you made such a vow, you must hate me." She chuckled darkly and squeezed her eyes shut. She knew the weight of such a vow to their kind, it was the equivalent of killing themselves while still being alive. A fate that is worse than death.

She was so deep in her own self-loathing that she had not noticed she released him from her magic. He had walked closer and was practically towering over her yet he made no move to attack. She saw his shadow as it blocked the sun and did not even twitch.

Prepared for him to move at any second she was surprised when she heard him speak once more. 'I do not hate you, I gave that vow willingly as I do not intend to break it. In this life everyone has secrets and things they hope for the future. If you would tell me more about yours maybe I can help.' He sat straight his eyes peering into her eyes so she could see his truth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 998 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
168 6 21
A nigh-omnipotent god gets bored so he erases his memories, gives up his power and reincarnates as a normal human in a modern world, and then dies ag...
8M 461K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
141K 4.7K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...