It's always you ~ stony Unive...

By Luv_you_3000

Steve and Tony in university discovering who they really are. Other ships will be included, but stony is main... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 17

1.1K 56 74
By Luv_you_3000

Steve
Tony pulled into the car park, slowly crawling round it looking for a space close to the entrance. Being in the car again, my legs jigging up and down, it reminded me too much of the other day, making my mind spin.

"I can drop you off near the entrance and try and find a space, you could go ahead and see him, I'll meet you in there?"

"Uh actually I'd prefer-" I trailed off, unable to say the rest of my sentence. Tony put his hand on my knee, tapping it lightly, understanding. I smiled, feeling calm again.

After he parked we walked inside, he walked up to the front desk, as the medics took his name at the cliff instead of mine.

Standing slightly back from him I heard him say, "I'm here to see a Mister James Buchanan."

"Name?"

"Tony Stark."

"Okay yep, room 114. Please sanitise your hands at the doors before you go down the corridor."

"Thank you. Have a good day."

"You also."

He turned, grinning at me. "Let's go." I nodded slowly walking next to him, listening to him talk about engineering. We cleaned our hands, and he pushed the door open, heading through. I stopped. I couldn't bring myself to walk through. My hands shook at my sides and my head felt heavy.

Tony spun around, his eyes staring intently at me. "Steve I know that look." I shook my head. "I'm fine." There was a sickly chuckle. "No Steve. I know that look. I make that look." My eyelids felt heavy and the room slowly began spinning. "Tony I said I'm fine, let's go see him."

He didn't move, his eyes trained on my face. "Steve. Breathe." Without control over my mind I took a deep breath, inhaling and slowly exhaling.

The room stopped spinning and the throbbing in my head began fading. I rushed forward towards Tony, pushing us both through the doors, hearing it close behind us. "Why? What?"

He lightly sighed, placing a comforting hand on my arm. "Steve, I think you were having a panic attack."

I stopped short, my breathing slowed completely. "Panic attack?" He nodded, his face so soft looking, comforting. "Okay. Well. Thank you Tony."

"No problem. Let's go get you a Bucky."

Just outside the room I stopped. Tony's hand lightly grabbed my elbow, steering me inside. I was face to face with Bucky. Seeing him lying there, looking so lost and helpless made my breath catch in my throat.

"Steve!" I let out a sigh I didn't even know I was holding in. He remembered me. Tony nudged my arm, indicating I should go talk to him. I walked towards the bed, a light smile of fondness filling my face.

"Steve!"

"Bucky you prick I thought you were dead!" He looked scared. Then lightly smiled, "You know I thought you were smaller."

Tony
The doctor came over to the door as we had walked in, looking over at them chatting happily, I turned to talk to him. "Hi I'm Anthony. One of your doctors talked to me on the phone, yesterday."

"Ah yes, James is written under your name." I bit back a bitter laugh. How ironic.

"Well, we need to do some final checks and then he can be released. There is medication, and he'll need check ups, but he is in good enough condition to be safe at a form of home." I nodded. "He needs care, and don't be rushed with him, he needs time. He'll get his memories back, and worst case he won't remember small parts of the day. Be gentle and don't put pressure on him to remember."

"Thank you for all your help, I'll follow all those rules."

He lightly chuckled. "You're a good lad. Going places you are."

"Thank you sir." He walked back inside the room.

~time skip~
Tony
I pulled the car up alongside the entrance, James' doctor was standing outside making sure he was okay and had everything. He carefully climbed into the back, trying not to put pressure onto his foot. Turns out he had fractured his arm in two places, meaning a full recovery would take longer. His twisted ankle shouldn't be walked on if possible for at least a fortnight, otherwise his injuries might get worse, there was a risk of if snapping due to how weak I was.

Closing the door, I turned to Steve. "You sitting with him or upfront?"

There was a laugh. "What kind of a question is that of course I'm upfront, gotta sit next to you." He slid past me and climbed into my car, closing the door gently behind him. I stood there in shock for a few seconds, before turning and getting behind the wheel.

The journey back was quiet, James fell asleep pretty quickly, a few small snores echoed from the back seat.

I felt Steve's eyes on me. Turning briefly to meet his gaze I stopped. "What?" His face was lit up with a small smile, verging on laughter. With glances in-between driving, I tried to gauge what his look meant.

"Nothing. It's just, you're cute when you're focused." I blushed, a deep shade of red, feeling the heat flood my cheeks.

Laughing he turned away, the car returning to silence.

James woke up as we pulled into the car park. "Sorry I can't get you any closer, this is as far as the cars are allowed."

He grumbled under his breath. "Yeah I know, I do live here." I bit back a smart remark when Steve gently glared at me, subtly shaking his head.

Steve helped him out the car, putting his arm around James' shoulder, letting him lean of his body for support. His other arm hung limply at his side, his fingers curled tightly into the cast.

We slowly walked back to our dorm, careful not to see many people. No one was really about, it was a weekend, and a cold one, so people were most likely inside.

James lent against the wall of the lift, looking dazed and confused. I felt sorry for him. Something really shook him up.

I scrabbled in my pockets I looked at Steve, releasing I left my keys. He carefully passed James' arm over to me. I let him lean into me, his body weight pushing me downward slightly, but I held my stance. The door was opened and James walked in, gazing around. "What's with the posters?" I sighed and walked away, watching James slip slightly before pressing his good arm into the wall.

~baby time skip~
Steve
Bucky fell asleep on my bed, small snores escaping from his mouth. He...he hadn't remembered. Not much. He had just sat and looked confused, he eyes boring into the wall. He'd stared at me. A completely terrifying stare. He looked so...empty. He knew he fell off the cliff, and remembered everything after Tony and I turned up. But nothing else. Not why he was there, and he couldn't remember our conversation. Which was for the best, for now.

I watched his eyelids flicker lightly, he looked peaceful.

I turned to leave, turning the light off and gently closing the door. Walking into the lounge area I was met with Tony.

"You going to bed?"

"Yeah I'm gonna sleep on the sofa."

"But-"

"You can take my room Steve. You've had a long week, and need some proper rest."

"Tony! It's your room for god's sake. If I'd wanted to sleep in a bed I would have put him in your room!"

He looked at me, shaking his head, he crossed his legs, refusing to move. I studied his face for a while, then gave up and sat down next to him, sighing. "You never know when to give up do you?"

"That's just my charm Stevie."

"Not my name."

"Will be now."

"Don't test me Anthony."

"Movie?"

"Hell yeah."

I turned the TV on, flicking to Netflix, pulling up The Hobbit. Tony snuggled into my side, and my hands subconsciously went to his hair. Light wavy curled tangled with my fingers, soft and fluffy. He leaned closer to me, and as the movie played I felt him watching my face.

I turned to look at him, my heart beating loudly in my chest. "You..." His head pressed into my hand. I bit my lip, staring at my hands. The screen turned, casting a light shadow over our faces. "Steve." His voice was so soft, so vulnerable. I slowly turned to look at him, his chocolate eyes staring into mine, full of emotions. His hand pulled at strand of my hair from eyes, lingering near my face.

I began turning to look away, feeling the heat of a blush form on my cheeks, but his fingers gently lifted my chin, bringing his face in close towards mine, our lips met.

My forehead pressed against his, his hand lay on my cheek, mine cupped the back of his head, playing with his longer strands of hair. Pulling away slightly, we sat there, our hands not moving, bodies still.

Tony breathed out. "Thank you."

I could feel his hot breath on my lips, my eyes closed slightly.

"For what exactly?"

"Oh shut it Stevie." There was a hint of laughter in his voice. Carefully, my heart speeding up again, I leaned forwards, pressing a gentle kiss to his chapped lips.

Okay written another chapter! To the person who said they thought they were gonna kiss last chapter, are you happy with this? Hope it's good. Uh, so no idea how to write cute fluff, or how to write that well, but I did enjoy writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it, but kinda terrified and almost don't want to write the next chapter...
Hope you are all safe and well, and thank you so much for all the amazing comments they make me smile so much. Stay safe, and until next time,
Ali :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 6.3K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
60.5K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
924K 21.3K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
456K 31.1K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...