A World of Differences [1DFF]

By _soontobebritish

Originally posted on onedirectionfanfiction.com in 2011. Eighteen-year-old Charlotte McDermott is moving to L... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue

Chapter 65

25 0 0
By _soontobebritish

Charlotte's POV

I unlocked my hotel room door and made my way into the dark area. Liam was right behind me. He shut the door behind him while I attempted to find the lights.

"This isn't like a fancy little get together, is it?" I asked, quickly slipping off my dress and pulling a sports bra over my head when he wasn't looking, leaving me in that and booty shorts.

"Nope," he chuckled. I knew he had turned around and was watching me.

"You're creeping aren't you? You could just let me get dressed in peace."

I could feel him getting close. "Is this not peaceful?" The seduction was back in his voice.

I jumped when I felt his fingers wrap around my bare waist, trailing up my sides.

I let out a small frustrated moan and his hands started to knead my shoulders.

"What's wrong?" he whispered against my neck.

I tilted my head to the side slightly, giving him more room to caress. "We are expected to be at Zayn's..." My voice was weak.

"Yes," he hummed. One of his hands dropped from my neck grabbing my waist. "So?"

I took in a deep breath. I knew what he meant, but it would be bad if we just didn't show up. "Maybe we can just go for a little bit..."

"Yeah, ok." I turned around and was met by the disappointment in his eyes. "Don't," I pleaded.

"Don't what?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck, "Don't make that face. It makes me sad."

He stuck his lower lip out, leaning his face against me.

"Oh now you're just being silly," I giggled.

"Mmmhmm," his lips vibrated my own.

He made sure the kiss wasn't desperate. It was slow and gentle in a way that got me excited more than quick and passionate kisses did. For once, his tongue didn't open my mouth. It was only our lips slowing moving together. He hands pressed into the lower part of my bare back, keeping us pressed firmly together. It was the kind of kiss that turns you legs to jello.

"Go get dressed then," his breath smelled of mint and alcohol. "The sooner we get there the sooner we leave."

His desperation amused me. I slipped on a pair of black sweatpants over my booty shorts, and I pulled a light blue tank top over my head. I then skipped over to my desk and pulled a gray hoodie off of my chair. It was Liam's Jack Wills hoodie that I had decided to keep for myself.

"Ready?" he asked when I turned around.

"Yeah buddy," I chuckled, quoting Niall.

Liam grabbed my hand, kissed it, and laced our fingers together. We took the elevator one floor up, stopping at Liam's room so that he could change as well.

"You're messy," I teased as I entered his room. I heard the door close behind me, and then fingers were at poking and prodding my waist causing me to squeal.

"You're messy," he mocked as he continued to tickle me.

"LIAM!" I ducked out from under his grasp, shoving him towards his bed. He stumbled forward, did a summersault on his bed, and landed flat footed on the other side. "Go get changed." As he went to the small closet, I made myself comfortable on his bed.

His back was to me, giving me a way in which I could watch him, just as he had watched me.

He stripped down to his boxers, pulling on clean pair navy sweats. He then took off his jacket and hung it on a hanger. He slowly unbuttoned his shirt – he probably knew I was watching him. His arms slipped out of the sleeves revealing his toned back. I watched the muscles in his back flex as he searched for a t-shirt. Finally, he settled on a regular white t-shirt. He pulled it over his head, ruffling his hair.

"Ready," he turned around smiling. He leaned slightly against the edge of the bed.

I crawled to the edge, kneeling in front of him. I pulled his head down by the back of his neck and fixed his hair. Before letting him pull away, I kissed him quickly. "Ready."

We locked the door as we left, making our way to Zayn's room which was just down the hall.

The door was wide open, so we just walked in.

No wonder the party is here, I thought to myself. Zayn's room was clearly bigger than everyone else's.

An iHome was playing music on his nightstand, but it wasn't very loud.

Zayn and Marisa were cuddling on his bed talking. It wasn't great party manners but no one seemed to mind.

Lauren and Louis were cuddling on the sofa watching a movie. Niall and Amalia were talking with Harry and Christina's friend Araya. I couldn't help but notice Harry's arm around her. Cute. They would be cute together.

"See now, this party is lame. We should just leave now."

"Nooo," I pulled his arm forcing him inside. "I missed you but I missed all of them too."

His eyes scanned the room, "But everyone is being all lovey-dovey." He was whining and I thought it was absolutely adorable.

"Yes. And what were you planning on doing if we stayed in my room?" I smirked at him knowingly. He flashed his guilty smile.

"Yep, so now we can just all be lovey and couplely together and it will all be wonderful."

I pulled Liam farther inside, which is when everyone noticed we had arrived.

"Well, well, well," Harry wagged his finger at us. "Where have you been?" He chuckled as we walked over to him and Araya. Niall and Amalia had gone to watch the movie.

"Changing," Liam snorted.

"Hey Araya," I smiled.

"Hi," she jumped.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure?" she asked confused.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Her face turned a slight shade of red, "Erm, well, no, not officially... why?"

"So that hickey on your neck just magically appeared?"

Her hand shot to her neck covering up the reddening mark, "HARRY STYLES!" she screamed.

"HA!" I exclaimed, "I knew it! Harry Edward Styles... where have you been?"

"Oh snap," Louis called from the sofa. "She got you Haz. Nice one Char." He winked at me.

I smacked Harry on the arm, "Nice try, lover boy. I see right through you."

Liam mimicked my actions by smacking him on the back, "Get some buddy." His words earned him a slap from both me and Araya.

"Ok, ok," Zayn called walking towards us. "Now that we have that covered, who's ready for the game?"

"What game?" Araya asked.

"TWISSSSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR!" Harry screamed.

"You're kidding me?" I asked looking at Liam. He shook his head with a smile.

"You've never played One Direction style. It's the world's most entertaining game," Niall informed me.

I helped Zayn spread out the three different Twister mats they just happened to have.

We each picked a mat. I was with Liam, Lauren, and Louis. The second matt was Harry, Araya, Niall, and Amalia. Josh and Christiana had arrived. They took the third matt with Zayn and Marisa. Joey, their keyboard player, had agreed to spin.

"Right hand on blue," Harry instructed. Only I, Liam, Louis, and Lauren were left in the game and we were all on the same mat. The game was about to get interesting.

Somehow we all managed to get our right hands on a blue dot.

"Left foot on green," was the next instruction.

"NOOO!" I whined. I can't do that. My body was already bent in an unnatural position over Liam. If I moved my foot, I was sure we would both fall.

"Come on Char," Liam grunted. The game was getting intense. We didn't want to lose to Laruen or Louis. At least one of us had to win. "Use some mad gymnastic skills or something."

"I took gymnastics when I was seven. It's been eleven years!"

"COME ON!" everyone shouted at me. I picked my foot up off the ground, sliding it out from under Lauren's torso. I lifted it higher off the ground so that I could get it around Louis before planting it on the green circle.

I arched my back higher, propping myself up in order to not collapse on Liam.

"WHOHOOO!" they shouted.

"Ok, now left hand on red."

This one was impossible for Lauren. She fell to the floor and was out. Me, Liam and Louis were left.

"Right foot on yellow."

"I can't do this one. There's no wAYYYY!" as I said it I collapsed on top of Liam, both of us falling making Louis the winner.

"YES!" Louis hopped up from his unnatural position. "I WIN! YOU LOSE! I'M THE WINNER!" He ran in circles with his arms in the air.

"Nice job Louis," Liam huffed, "You can make awkward positions with your body. Tell me how far that gets you in...." he paused. "Life?"

Everyone laughed.

Now that the game was over, people were just settling back to watch TV. Liam pulled me onto his chest, and I cuddled in graciously.

We were only half way through the movie when I let out a giant yawn.

"Wanna leave?" Liam whispered into my ear without disturbing the others. I nodded slowly.

We quietly said goodbyes before making our way out. "I'll walk you back," he offered.

We walked in silence, because there really wasn't anything to be said.

Approaching my door, I took the keycard out of my lanyard.

"Well, goodnight?" It was more of a question that left his mouth. His face was almost pained with goodbye.

My stomach did not feel good due to the nervous feeling that was rolling around it, but somehow I somehow had to muster up the courage to ask him to stay.

"Erm, well, you can come in?" I suggested.

He nodded, following me inside.

I turned all the lights on and closed the blinds. I left him in the main room while I went to use the bathroom. I deiced that it was also a smart idea to brush my teeth. I slipped off my sweatshirt and my sweats, leaving me in my tank and spandex. I messed with my hair, giving it slightly more volume, before walking out to the main room.

Liam was looking at the pictures on the wall. I didn't know what they were but I didn't care.

"Hey," I said. "Whatcha doing?"

He shrugged, shyly bringing his face around so he was watching me. "Nothing," he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I'm just tired. I think I should go."

I nibbled on the inside of my lip. "I don't want you to leave."

"Char, I...."
"Liam, I leave tomorrow to go back home and I won't see you for a week..." He started pacing towards me. "And I haven't seen you in over a month and I just would kinda like to spend some time with you when there isn't anyone else...."

My voice got caught in my lungs as his arms found their way to my waist.

"If you want me to stay," his voice deepened, "Then I will."

I nodded, "I do."

"Ok," he whispered. "Ok."

Without thinking, I stepped forward, taking the hem of his shirt in my fingers and lifting his t-shirt over his head. The sudden surge of courage was all I needed and I knew that he slept shirtless.

His eyes glistened at my actions.

"Char..." his voice was unsteady.

"What?" I meekly asked.

"I've missed you."

I smiled, "I know. You told me."

He nodded, "I just don't feel like I can even explain it..."

"Awe, Liam, don't get all gushy on me now," I playfully punched him. "We're here now. In this moment. Let's live in it."

"You're right," he whispered. "This is our now."

I let my fingers pad down his chest slowing, trailing over his toned stomach.

"Come on," he chuckled. He pulled me onto my bed and grabbed the remote before settling beside me.

He turned on a rerun of Modern Family, before tossing the remote aside and curling his arms around my waist. I pulled out of his grasp to take off my tank top. I have always slept in a sports bra and I wasn't about to change that now.

He laughed at me.

"Don't laugh," my eyebrows pinched together.

"I'm not laughing at you."

"Mmmkay," I shook my head as I slithered between his arms.

I wrapped my arms around his back, tracing patterns against his skin. He shuddered. His affect on me was strong, but sometimes I thought my affect on him was stronger and this was one of those times. The thought caused a smile to pull at my lips.

My smile faded quickly as his lips oppressed mine with a passionate force I hadn't seen before. His soft lips played with mine as I wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with his short curls. I pulled his face closer to mine, clearing away any space that had separated us.

I kissed him back urgently. Apparently, my reaction was just what he was looking for, because he carefully moved so that he was hovering over me. His elbows rested on either side of my head, letting his biceps flex and support his weight. I rewrapped my arms around his neck, arching myself up into him. Our lips worked together as my hands trailed through his hair. He moved his arms around me, his weight crushing me but in a way that was much needed. His hands trailed down the curves of my torso, before his finger bore into my hipbone.

His kisses pulled away from my lips trailing down my neck, gently nipping at the skin. A soft hum escaped from my mouth, causing him to pull his head backwards, letting me stare into his sparkling eyes. They were dark and filled with passion. I reached forward to push a curl back into place, rubbing my hand down his cheek. Our eyes never broke contact.

"Liam." I whispered.

"Charlotte," he winked back before locking our lips yet again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 919 38
Katelyn Styles is two years younger than her brother, Harry. When Liam Payne pops a certain question, Harry is pushed off of a deep end. Liam begins...
187K 3.3K 30
[This is a one direction fanfic.] This story is about a little five year old girl who's name is Penelope. She had a hard time growing up with her dad...
215 1 11
Niall was a troubled kid from Ireland. His mother couldn't stand him any longer so she sent him to a school in London. He got paired up with 4 buddie...
14.2K 382 42
Seventeen year old Kaitlyn has to move to England with her family for her dad's new Job, while she's there she meets one direction but little did she...