A World of Differences [1DFF]

By _soontobebritish

Originally posted on onedirectionfanfiction.com in 2011. Eighteen-year-old Charlotte McDermott is moving to L... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue

Chapter 61

43 0 0
By _soontobebritish

Charlotte's POV

"We're good," Liam smiled at me. He placed his phone back in his pocket. "Do you still want to go?"

I nodded eagerly. The last thing I wanted to do was go back to the dorms, because that meant leaving Liam. Two weeks without spending time together was more than enough for the both of us.

"Alright, right this way, my lady." I chuckled as he gestured towards the door. I shoved the door open with my shoulder, but before walking into the misty air, I turned to thank the grey haired lady. She winked at me with a wave.

Liam and I darted through the rain to his car. He opened my car door and I slid out of the dripping water.

"I'm not really dressed for a party," I winced at my reflection in the mirror.

"You look beautiful," he complimented. "As you do all the time, but I'm not dressed for a party either. Did you want to stop and change? It's on the way to Josh's house."

I glanced at the car clock, "Is there time?" It was 12:30 in the morning.

"You've never been to a 1D post tour party have you?" he tutted.

I laughed, "If it's not too big of a deal..."

He grinned. "It's not. We'll just swing by."

Despite the rain that was gradually coming down heavier, we made it to campus in three minutes. I hadn't realized we were that close. Hand in hand, we made our way to the dorm. I held my breath as we walked through the halls, praying that I wouldn't see Charlie.

Liam, who must have sensed my fear, drew patterns across my back. "Relax sweets, it's ok." At his words I took a deep breath. He wasn't mad, but I still didn't want to see him.

We made it to my room with no problems. Once we were inside, I pushed a strand of my wet hair back and started rummaging through my drawers to find something to wear. With a quick glance over my shoulder, I saw Liam staring intently at the collage of pictures on my wall. Being in a hurry though, I turned my attention back to my clothes.

"Don't turn around," I instructed Liam. I slipped off my wet shirt and pants and replaced them with a black sequined skirt, white tank top, and a grey blazer. I slipped on a long black and silver beaded necklace and brushed through my hair once.

I slipped on knee high black boots, and I was ready to go.

"Okay, I'm ready," I whispered weakly.

Liam turned around and eyes filled with shock, and what I read as a hint of lust.

"Wow. Now I feel underdressed."

I walked over to him and placed my fingers at his waist, playing with the hem of his white v-neck. "I like you're outfit," I chuckled.

"Mmm," he hummed. "Best we get going then?"

I nodded.

Two weeks away. Apologies said. It was like nothing had happened, and that is a good thing.

___

"Ready?" Liam asked slipping his hand into mine. I nodded nervously. Josh was the only one who knew we were coming. "Let's go then."

He gave me a slight squeeze to calm my sudden nerves. I'm sure he had the same, so I squeezed back.

On the way over he had filled me in on everything that had happened in the last week. The biggest news was that Louis and Lauren had gotten together, but that had only happened about seven hours ago, so I assumed it would be an interesting night.

We walked into the bopping house at 1:15AM, and the party was still going strong.

"You guys really know how to party," I chuckled as Liam held the front door open for me. The entryway was well lit, and only two people were there sitting on the steps.

"LIAM!" Josh jumped down three steps. "How are you?" He dirty blonde haired boy pulled Liam into a hug. "And Miss Charlotte," he released Liam and pulled me towards him. "It's been far too long."

"Hey Josh," I hugged him back.

"So the party is just getting started...." He paused and glanced behind him. "But before you run off, let me introduce you to my girlfriend." He drew out the world girlfriend proudly. "This is Christina." The brown haired girl smiled at us with a shy wave.

"Hi."

Liam and I said hello and that it was nice to meet her. After striking up a short conversation with the two, we decided to move on and leave the couple alone. Arm in arm, Liam and I made our way towards the rest of the people, following the beat of the music.

We entered a large room that was light my flashing lights. A stereo was at the far end hooked up to giant floor speakers. The area was packed tightly with people, but still enough room to move about.

"Charlotte?" I first heard my name in a gasp. Once one person saw me, everyone seemed to see me. Hushed whispers set across the group of people gasping mine and Liam's name.

Non other than Harry took the initiative of calling us out.

"CHARRRRRRRRR!" he hopped over to us pulling me instantly into a hug. His curls brushed my face. "Did you guys make up and make out?"

Liam punched Harry, pulling him away from me.

"So that's a yes," Louis smirked. I hadn't noticed him and Lauren walk up beside us.

"Everything is good then?" Lauren asked.

I nodded, "And look at you two!" I snorted at Louis' hand around Lauren's waist. "All is good in paradise?"
"They are so incredibly clingy and coupley!" Harry moaned. "It's sickening."

"Harry Styles, you don't have a romantic bone in your body!" Zayn smacked him in the back of the head. He turned towards me and winked. "Good to see you again."

"Hi Zayn," I smiled.

Marisa came and gave me a hug followed by Amalia.

"Leaves the best for last!" I turned around to see Niall standing there with open arms. I graciously walked into them. Everything felt right.

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" Marisa pumped her arms in the air.

"Shall we?" Liam offered me his hand pulling me towards the center of the dance floor. Even though I knew a lot of eyes were on me, I could only concentrate on the boy standing in front of me.

The music, the yelling, the bopping bodies slowed as Ed Sheeran claimed the room. Liam pulled me to him, slipping his hands low on my waist, I knotted my own around his neck keeping us close.

I'm gonna pick up the pieces,

And build a Lego house

If things go wrong we can knock it down

My three words have two meanings

There's one thing on my mind

It's all for you

And it's dark in a cold December,

But I've got you to keep me warm,

And if you're broken I will mend ya and keep you sheltered from the storm

That's raging on now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of love.

I'll pick you up when you're getting down,

And out of all these things I've done,

I think I love you better now

I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind,

I'll do all it for you in time,

And out of all these things I've done,

I think I love you better now.

Harry's POV

Leaning against the wall, I watched as the other four boys danced closely with their girls. I wasn't cold and alone. Being single wasn't a problem with me, but I did have this stabbing jealousy that I was having trouble handling.

"Hard isn't it?" a girl's voice brought me back to reality. I hadn't noticed a slender blonde hair girl standing next to me. I glanced at her. She was slightly shorter than me even in her red heels. She was wearing a black skirt that came to the middle of her slightly tanned thigh. A red belt was tied around her waist in a bow. She wore a white ruffled tank top and a black cardigan.

She tilted her head towards the boys, informing me of what she was talking about. I closed my eyes and nodded.

"Yeah I know," she pointed to Josh and his new girlfriend slow dancing all giggly in the corner.

"You friends with Christina?" I asked roughly.

She nodded, "I'm Araya."

"Araya?" I asked.

She beamed, "Like A ray of sunshine."

"Awe that's adorable," I laughed as the jealousy faded.

Ed Sheeran's voice faded out as Pitbull took over. Give Me Everything sounded and Araya started dancing.

"Dance with me?" I asked. My voice was husky.

She nodded with a smile as she took my hand and let me lead her onto the floor.

Zayn's POV

"Wanna dance?" I asked Marisa. We were in the kitchen getting drinks but I heard Give Me Everything come on. It was one of my favorite songs and I could feel my body pulsing with the need to dance, something that was incredibly unusual.

She shook her head, her eyes were dark. I walked over to her placing my cup on the table. I pressed her back against the counter. "Please?"

She shook her head again but this time with a smile.

"Why not?" I whined.

She chuckled. "I don't want to dance."

"Well what do you want to do?" I complained.

Instantly her head turned away from me, catching my attention. My hands trailed up her sides causing her to shiver under me. I smirked at the influences my actions had on her.

I brought my hand to her cheek and with my thumb, pulled her head towards me, locking our eyes.

"Hmmm?" I insisted.

She nibbled on her lip.

"Something like this?" I pressed my body against hers harder, catching her lips in between my own. Instantly, she let out a quieted moan into my mouth. I pulled back slightly chuckling.

She gasped when I did.

"Desperate?" I teased.

She quickly denied it, "No."

"Liar," I smirked. This time she didn't deny it. I winked, "That's what I thought."

In one swift motion, I dropped my hands to the back of her thighs and scooped her onto the counter. Standing between her legs I kissed her again. Much better than dancing.

Niall's POV

I watched from the doorway as her body pounded to the beat along with her sister. Even after we have been dating for months, I was still in awe when I saw her. I took my lower lip as I watched her dance. Her black dress was fitted so tightly that I could see every curve. Not being able to resist her anymore, I made my way over to Amalia as the song drew to an end.

"Guess who," I chuckled as I placed my hands over her eyes. She responded by turning around quickly, pulling my hands away from her face, and adding pressure to my lips with her own.

"Niall?" she guessed. That's when I realized she hadn't opened her eyes to see if it was really me.

"How'd you know it was me?" I questioned. Each word caused my lips to tease her own.

"I just knew," she smiled. Her now open eyes sparkled.

"Really?" I cocked my head. "What if it wouldn't have been me?"

"But it was," she grinned.

"But what if it wasn't?"

"I knew it was. I saw you staring at me from over there," her head bobbed in the direction of the doorframe I had been standing in. "Stalker."

"Stalker? Did you just call me a stalker?" I gripped her arms roughly.

"Mmhmm," she giggled.

"I'm not a stalker!"
She giggled again, "Then why were you staring at me?"

I looked her deep in the eyes breaking the joke, "Cause you're beautiful. Why wouldn't I want to look at my beautiful girlfriend?"

She tapped her foot impatiently, "I can think of one reason."

"Oh?" my eyebrow rose.

She nodded, placing her hands on my plaid shirt.

"And that is..."

She bit her lips to hide a smirk, "Cause you're busy...."

"Doing...?"

"This."

She brought her hands to either side of my face and pressed her lips back to mine. Taking control, I slid my tongue slowly across her lip causing her to melt right into my arms.

Keeping a strong hold on her, she allowed me to deepen the kiss.

People were bouncing around us, but we didn't care. We were lost in each other.

Louis' POV

I watched her as she bounced back and forth to the beat. Only Lauren would be intensely submersed in a conversation while dancing awkwardly by herself.

Not being able to subdue the feeling of want that had overtaken my emotions, I made my way over to her and pulled her body back into mine.

"Sorry ladies," I apologized to the two girls she was talking to. "I need her."

One of the girls just smirked, while the other winked at Lauren. Such girls.

I led Lauren into a quieter room where you could just faintly hear the tune of the music. "I was talking," Lauren whined teasingly as we sat down the sofa. My arm had been around her shoulder, but at her words I removed it and scooted away from her.

"Oh, sorry, you can go back to them."

"Noooo!" she giggled. She leaned against the opposite arm of the sofa and rested her feet in my lap. Letting out a yawn, she said, "It's been a looooooong day."

I nodded, "But it's been a good day."

"That's true," a smile played her lips. "The best day ever."

"Why's that?" I pinched my eyebrows together.

"Oh, you know, it's just been a good day."

I moved out from under her feet and crawled to hover over her. Each knee next to her hip. "That's all? No special moments?"

Lauren wasn't one to tease. "Nope." She just said it straight up.

"Oh," I allowed my face to be flooded with fake disappointment. I went to get off her before she pulled me back on top of her. "Yessss?"

"Don't leave," she scrunched her nose.

I shrugged, "Why not?"

Her eyes were warm and happy. It was the first time I had seen them that bright in weeks.

"Cause I've missed you. I don't want you to go."

I nodded, "I've missed you, too."

She licked her top lip, "I don't like it when you're mad and not talking to me. It makes my life rather boring."

I smirked, leaning my face closer to hers, "Are you saying that I'm the exciting part of your life?"

She laughed, "No Louis, you kinda are my life." Her words made my stomach jump. She didn't just joke about that kind of stuff. "You know I really do love you," she added.

"That's good," I whispered, "because I love you too."

I pushed her bangs back from her face before pressing my mouth to hers. I heard a sigh escape her lips. I knew what she was thinking. How had we managed to wait so long?

Liam's POV

"We have to go," I excused ourselves from the conversation we were having with Andy a few of my other friends. They nodded and waved goodbye.

"Why did you say we have to go?" Charlotte asked confused. "Where are we going?"
I smirked, "To dance." I slipped my arm around her waist aswe walked to the beat of Better With The Lights Off.

It was the perfect song to dance to, which was why I decided to excuse us from the conversation.

I linked my hands around her hips pulling her body against mine as we rocked to the beat. This was just one of the many things I had missed. The way we moved together and the way my heart pounded when were together was a feeling I was never going to get used to, but it was something I was entirely okay with.

"I can't even tell you," I whispered into her ear, "how much I've missed this."

She turned around in my arms before biting her lip and nodding in agreement.

She winced, slightly winking, "Know what I missed more?" Her voice was almost seductive which led me to believe that I knew what she was talking about.

I tilted my head to the side, "Why don't you show me?"

She laughed at my knowledge, but leaned forward. I pressed my hand to her bum pushing her into me. I leaned back slightly, right when she was about to kiss me causing her to gasp a complaint.

I chuckled. "Sorry love," I winked.

I let her take control in connecting our lips. She did so with a slow, steamy passion. It was filled with need and want, desire and lust, but the most overpowering emotion was love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 386 49
Gabby is a junior high school student in Atlanta. She had a vacation in London with her family which lead her to knowing Harry and his 1 direction f...
215 1 11
Niall was a troubled kid from Ireland. His mother couldn't stand him any longer so she sent him to a school in London. He got paired up with 4 buddie...
2.3K 6 34
Rachael is an 18 year old girl, who moved from Australia to England to live with her cousin Harry Styles while she was studying at university. After...
10.8K 919 38
Katelyn Styles is two years younger than her brother, Harry. When Liam Payne pops a certain question, Harry is pushed off of a deep end. Liam begins...