A World of Differences [1DFF]

By _soontobebritish

Originally posted on onedirectionfanfiction.com in 2011. Eighteen-year-old Charlotte McDermott is moving to L... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue

Chapter 41

21 1 0
By _soontobebritish

Charlotte's POV

I followed Marisa back into the kitchen. I had my fingers crossed for her. As I entered the room I made my way over to Liam who was busy helping Harry tidy the kitchen.

I put my arms around his waist as he stood up from putting food in the fridge. I brushed my lips against his neck causing him to freeze momentarily. His head turned to the side slightly, just enough for me to see the sly look on his face.

I knew that I had his attention, but he didn't feel like letting me feel empowered.

"Out there," he nodded towards the door. I assumed he was talking to Marisa. "Have fun."

I heard a sliding door screech open.

Abruptly, Liam spun around in my arms. He took my hands away from his waist and secured them around his neck. I swear he winked before taking my lips in between his own. The sleeves of my sweatshirt had been pushed up past my elbows. Taking advantage of the bare skin, Liam ran his hands along the lower parts of my arms sending violent shivers down my back. He noticed the effect he was on me and gave a throaty laugh.

"You're cute," he chuckled.

"You stopped kissing me," I pouted.

His eyes beat down on me, light up by his smile. His arms grabbed my back and heaved me up onto his shoulder –goodness he was strong. I let out a shriek as he pretended to drop me.

"LIAM!"

"Oh come on, Charlotte, I got you!" He carried me over to the sofa where he let me fall into the cushions.

"Ugh," I muttered as I hit the sofa hard.

"Mmm," he whispered as he slid on top of me. He knelt over me, grinning.

I turned my gaze out the window, "Five bucks says Zayn and Marisa are making out right now."

"Five bucks says Louis, Harry, and Lauren are doing something idiotic right now."

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Five bucks says that Niall and Amalia aren't actually going to visit friends and that they are really just making out right now. "

"Five bucks says we're making out right now."

"Oh don't be so cheeky!" I scolded him. "However, you owe me five bucks because we aren't making out right now."

"We aren't?" he questioned as he moved his face closer to mine.

My breath hitched as he began to kiss up my jaw again.

"What happened to playing pin-the-tail on Harry?" I managed to ask.

"Later," he whispered before kissing me hard on the lips.

Louis' POV

"I'm going to kill you," Lauren spat. clearly frustrated as she ran a towel through her hair. She was sitting at the foot of the bed Harry and I shared while we stayed in Holmes Chapel.

She had insisted on not taking a shower, so I had helped her shampoo her hair in the sink. It proved to be more trouble that what it was worth.

"Now my shirt is soaking and I only brought just enough for the weekend," she complained.

I walked over to the dresser where I had placed my clothes for the weekend. "Here," I tossed her a blue and off white striped shirt.

"Thanks." She put her towel on the ground. "It smells like you," she smiled softly.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No. It smells like you, and I love you. So therefore I guess I love your smell, too."

I laughed, "Love you too, Lo."

Lo was the nickname I had given her long, long ago. When we were really little, we used to put on shows for our parents called the Lo-Lo show. We used to get in trouble for leaving out Amalia. We told her that because she didn't have the same nickname as us she couldn't be in it. I had called Lauren, Lo, for fourteen years and I wasn't about to stop.

She turned her back to me as she took off her soaking grey t-shirt revealing a black sports bra. She was way too comfortable in front of me, but I didn't really care. I turned my attention to my phone after I realized I was staring at her.

I let my head sink back into the pillows and thumbed through the Twitter feed on my phone.

"So what's the plan for this weekend?" She asked making her way up the bed. She lay down next to me; her body heat radiating off my own.

"I'm sure Harry has a wild plan."

She laughed. "Doesn't he always?"

My hands rested above my head. Lauren flipped herself over and grabbed my phone off my stomach.

"What is the wonderful Twitter world saying about the amazing Louis Tomlinson today?" She always mocked me when I went through my mentions. The majority of them were date offers and marriage proposals.

"This girl wants to know if you want to marry her in the bottom of the sea," Lauren grinned.

"Don't! Lauren please!" I begged.

"Too late." She smiled her wicked grin as she held the bright screen in front of my eyes. "You are marrying @tiffanyosorio tomorrow at nine seventeen. I hope I'll be invited."

"You little...." I shook my head at her.

"Uh-uh-uh," she shook her head back. "You just said you loved me. Don't forget that."

"I take it back. I hate you."

"Liar," she spat.

"I know, I know. You're right."

She was right. I could never hate Lauren. She was the only person that I never got mad at. It was simply impossible. She was just like me, or so everyone said. She was always smiling, always laughing, and always up for a joke. Give her a bottle of Mountain Dew and she can sit on the floor and simply laugh at nothing for hours. We always teased her that we couldn't imagine what would happen when she was legally allowed to drink, because she was that person that could potentially get high off air.

The fact that she was close with me and Harry only added to her insanity. The three of us could come up with some purely idiotic stuff. The fact that she never shied away from a challenge or never backed down from one of Harry's potentially illegal schemes made me love her even more. The four year age difference felt like four minutes instead. She truly is the greatest friend anyone could ask for.

"Louis?" she interrupted my thoughts.

"Yes, love?"

"Tomorrow after you marry Tiffany, you have a date." She winked.

"A date with whom?" I asked

She held the phone in front of my face once again. I read the tweet that appeared on the screen.

@leahfaceee you + me tomorrow @ Nandos see you there <3

"You are so dead," I grabbed her wrist. She screamed and I rolled on top of her, straddling her.

"LOUIS GET OFF!" she screamed.

"Why should I?" I questioned forcefully.

"Cause I have one other thing to show you."
I released her wrists but remained sitting on her waist.

She scrolled through something on my phone.

"After your eventful day tomorrow, you are going to go to the zoo with this girl...."

For the third time I read the screen in front of me.

@_bekascott go with me to the zoo on Sunday? Xx

"WAIT! There's one more." She pulled the phone back before showing me yet another.

@ _fettuccine love you more!! ;)

"I can't believe you actually hacked my twitter... AGAIN!"

I wrestled my phone out of her hand and pulled up a new tweet.

Hey loves, @JustSorinLauren hacked my twitter!!! Go spam her! <3

"You told them to spam me didn't you?" She asked.

"Yep," I grinned at her.

"Can you get off me now?" she shook her head.

"Why? You don't like it? I think you do, just like you love it when I don't wear a shirt."

She chuckled, "I think you are getting your facts mixed up mister." She poked me in the stomach. "However, I am losing all feeling in my legs."

"Oh," I frowned as I rolled off of her.

"Just kidding," She smirked as she rolled on top of me. Quickly, I caught her hands that were attempting to tickle my sides.

"No," I scolded.

I flipped her off of me and hovered over her tickling her sides.

"You know, Louis, for someone who is almost twenty-one you act like you are twelve." I turned my head to see Harry leaning up against the door.

"He's young at heart, Haz," Lauren slid out from underneath me. "That's what I love about him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 951 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
194 0 11
Niall was a troubled kid from Ireland. His mother couldn't stand him any longer so she sent him to a school in London. He got paired up with 4 buddie...
9.2K 179 72
Innocent 18 year old Charlie Valentine goes on a trip to New York to reconnect with family. The trip that triggers her journey with 19 year old assho...
187K 3.3K 30
[This is a one direction fanfic.] This story is about a little five year old girl who's name is Penelope. She had a hard time growing up with her dad...