A World of Differences [1DFF]

By _soontobebritish

Originally posted on onedirectionfanfiction.com in 2011. Eighteen-year-old Charlotte McDermott is moving to L... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue

Chapter 35

26 1 0
By _soontobebritish

Amalia's POV

I opened the door to my room and walked in. The sun was shining through the cream colored curtains; the bright sunlight bounced off the neon purple walls. I collapsed onto my puffy off white comforter and sunk back into a bunch of feather pillows. I look up to see Niall standing in the door with his hands on either side of the frame.

His bright blue eyes scanned the room before settling on my own. I smiled at him cowardly as he made his way to the edge of the bed. He sat down and lay back with his arms behind his head, his feet still on the floor.

"Are you excited to go home?" I asked. His eyes scanned the ceiling –he was distracted.

"Yeah," he sighed. "Wish you were coming."

"Me too."

My mom went everywhere with the boys –she had to. But, because there was only one of her and five of them, she typically took Lauren and I along to help. The only time that we didn't go was when they went for music videos and a few other random times. Originally we were supposed to go with them this time, but when the trip to Homes Chapel came up, my mom forced Lauren and I to pick which trip we wanted to go on. There was no argument about where we wanted to go and we knew it would have been pointless to attempt to get to go on both.

The trip to Homes Chapel with everyone was going to be incredible. Nine teenagers with no parental supervision, it was going to be entertaining, but had still been excited to go to Ireland.

"But you are excited to see your family right?"

"They're not coming up."

"What? Why not? You are hardly ever home –and this is going to be the last time you go back before the tour starts..." That's when I realized why he was so upset. I hadn't shut my mouth quickly enough. His mom and grandma always came to Dublin when they were there. It was his absolute favorite part of the trip home.

"Yep. Not coming."

"Oh, Nialller, I'm sorry." I shifted across the bed as I leaned over him. I ran my hand along his jaw-line through his blonde hair.

His eyes showed the pain that he didn't let come across otherwise. He was good at hiding emotions behind his peppy personality, but in the last two years I had spent more time with him than anyone else. I could read his emotions clearer than anyone else. I simply knew him better.

He snaked his arms around me pulling me down on his chest. He started stroking my back.

"Don't," he said. "Don't worry about me Amalia. I'll be fine."

"But," before I could continue he placed his finger to my lips silencing me.

"Please. Can we just forget about it?"

I gave him a disapproving look which he matched with a half hearted smile. Lucky for him, his smile is literally irresistible even if it was the slightest bit fake.

"Fine," I gave up as I released the rest of my weight on top of him. His thumb continued to trace circles along my back.

"I'm excited for this weekend though," the cheerful Niall was back yet he was still quiet.

"Me too," I smiled against his white t-shirt. "It should be a good time."

"Plus, everyone else will be preoccupied leaving us alone."

I smiled at the thought, but it didn't last long as I thought of Harry, Louis, and Lauren.
"Well not everyone...."

"Hey hey," he tapped my nose, "At least those three will have four other people to make fun of."

"Yeah well we will see what goes down between Marisa and Zayn won't we?" I chuckled.

"Quite frankly, I don't care," he whispered against my lips.

"Oh really?" I teased.

"Mmm," he hummed. He nibbled on my ear causing me to smile. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Lauren's POV

I grabbed a pile of clothes from the folding table and took them to the other side of the room. Packing for the trip was more work that it should have been. Each outfit had to be quadruple-checked by both my mom and the boys. Normally, only one outfit was needed, but this time five were needed. One for a meet and greet, three for a show, and one for the nationally televised interview after the show.

"Louis? I think Harry's terrible habits are wearing off on you!" I told him as I passed him on my way to Zayn's suitcase.

He looked at me from under his eyelashes. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean."
"I do!" Harry grinned. He was leaning over his own suitcase doing the work that my boyfriend obsessed sister should have been doing. "Put some clothes on, Lou!"

I winked at Harry who winked back. Louis stood behind us with his arms crossed over his chest –biceps flexed.

"Really?" Louis asked with an eyebrow raised. "I think you like it, Lauren."

"Louis William Tomlinson," my mom reentered the room carrying a pile of shoes that looked as though they were about to explode onto the floor, "Shirt. Now."

Louis shrugged, "Yes mom. I still think you like it."

"I've seen better," I told him smugly.

"Lauren!" my mom scolded me.

"Well I have! Liam's abs are much more impressive!"
"THEY ARE NOT!" Harry and Louis exclaimed in unison.
"Take that back," Harry snapped.

"Take what back?" Zayn asked entering the room. Liam was right behind him.

"Lauren thinks Liam has the best abs!" Harry cried.

"I do," Liam wiggled his eyebrows. "It's true." He gave me a high five and then slugged his arm over my shoulder.

"That's probably true," Zayn admitted modestly.

Harry and Louis scoffed at him in disgust.

"Who's second them?" Harry asked lifting up the hem of his shirt.

"I'm leaving now," my mom said as she left. It was her fault that she worked for and with a large group of teenagers. I turned my attention back to the boys who hadn't dropped the subject.

"Didn't think this would cause world war three," I coughed. "But Zayn."

"Are you fricken kidding me?" Harry threw his hands in the air. Zayn did as well, but his was a victory arm raise.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "Tattoos are like plus twenty. Extremely sexy."

"So if I get a tattoo...?" Louis prompted.

"Minus twenty. Sexy on Zayn, not on you."

"That's so unfair!" Harry whined.

"Thanks Lauren," Zayn grinned at me placing a kiss on my cheek. I accepted the hug that followed.

"Now enough talking about abs, I have an inspecting to run. All four of you go and get into interview outfits while I go get the crazy obsessed love makers," I ordered them.

I quickly darted out of the room and up the spiral stairs. I didn't bother knocking on my sister's door. There was no way I could see something I hadn't seen before –sad truth. Luckily, they weren't even making out.

"Downstairs Mister, now!" I commanded.

I turned around knowing that they'd come. They weren't dumb enough to do something stupid right before they left for a trip. I made my way back to the basement. Standing in front of the home entertainment system, I grabbed the remote to turn on the iPod that was permanently hooked up to the speakers.

Suddenly, the remote was pulled out of my hand from behind me. It was thrown –I don't know where but I heard the sound of it making contact with the floor. Next, two large hands were around my waist. I was forced back onto the leather sofa. I looked up. Louis was hovering over me –his knees on either side of my thighs.

"Louis what are you doing?" I questioned.

"You insulted me," he whined.

"I insulted your abs," I corrected him.

"AKA you insulted me. I would have through that after sixteen, almost seventeen, years you would have learned...." His voice trailed off.

"Learned what?" I urged him to continue.

"Learned that you don't get away with that"

He sat on my legs making it impossible to get up. Then he started tickling my stomach. I am the most ticklish person you will ever meet. Instantly, sobs of laughter escaped from my throat. It was less than a minute than my stomach was tightened in pain, but he didn't stop. Suddenly, little things started beaming me. Turning my head I saw Harry's head from around the corner. He was pelting me with a nerf gun.

"HARRRRRY!!!! LOUIIIISS!" I screamed. "STOPPPP!"
"Take it back!" Louis demanded, his hands still fumbling at my waist.

"NOW!" Harry bellowed as another dart his my forehead.

"NO!" I cried. Tears were now rolling down my face because I was laughing so hard. "I.... CAN'T.... I'D.... BE.... LYING!"

"Then this is going to be a hell of a long night for you," Louis smirked tickling me faster.

"STOP! PLEASE STOP!"

Niall and Amalia were walking into the basement. I saw them from the corner of my eyes. They didn't even stop to acknowledge what was happening.

"OK!" I gasped desperate for decent amounts of air. "I take it back!"

"Say Louis Tomlinson has the best abs I've ever seen in my entire life."

I somehow managed to choke out the words before Louis added, "And I love Louis more than anything in the world."

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked bitterly.

"Just say it," he wiggled his fingers inches from my face threatening.

"I love Louis Tomlinson more than anything in the world."

He smirked, "I should have recorded that."

"But you didn't." I pushed him off me causing him to tumble backwards on the floor. I slowly rose from the sofa clutching my stomach. I walked to the dungeon only to be pelted once again by another nerf dart.

I turned and shot Harry a nasty look.

"You never said a word about taking back what you said about me..." His emerald eyes showed nothing but a scheming evil plan.

That's when I darted into the room and hid behind Liam and Zayn. It was war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 959 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
124K 3.3K 44
Laney is a 17 year old girl who now lives with her abusive, insensitive stepmom because of a car accident that took her parent's lives. It was a norm...
18K 75 19
Lottie, an eighteen year old girl attending college at UCLA in Los Angeles, lands her dream job as an editor for Seventeen magazine. But what will ha...
2.2K 233 48
Ellie Christiansan is an eighteen year old girl who moved to London with her friends. Then she meets some, interesting people in an, interesting way...