~ Always Besides You ~

By Sam_Vida

RagSan FF ~ Chapter with title in Capital Letters are yet to be edited Marriage is a beautiful bond which ble... More

0. BACKSTORY
1. Kick-Off
2. Intricacy
3. Tears of Past
4. Distress yet Calm
5. Fratello
6. The Talk
7. Anguish
8. Time Flies
9. Endeavour
10. Dosthi
12. Breath of Fresh Air
13. THE U-TURN
14. THE "YES"
15. NEARING THE UNION
16. RAGINI SANSKAR MAHESWARI
17. AFTER TWO MONTHS
18. JOY NEVER STAYS LONG
19. THE WRECKAGE
20. TRANSFORMATION
21. YET ANOTHER MISHAP
22. SURFACING OF FOES
23. BRACING FOR THE UPCOMING
24. THE PARTY
25.
26
27. You're My Life~
28. Friend or Foe?
Partners-in-crisis
THE FOE
31. KAVITHA
32. COLLOQUY
33. THE PAST
34. DON'T CARE ABOUT LIMITS
35.
36. MS. ROY!
37.
38. The Deception
39. Solace
40. Family Time!
41. Shed Inhibitions
42. Corollary
43. @ Mumbai
44. Together There!
Epilogue
Bonus - 1 : Happily Ever After?!
Bonus - 2 : The Tranquil
Thanks!

11. Transition

1.1K 61 79
By Sam_Vida

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

When we wait for time to pass away; we plan to do things to make us feel good, time tends to make us feel as if it is sluggish.

Ragini, Laksh and Swara were pushing themselves forward through the same. Ragini flinched every time she was called as Laksh's wife. Laksh tried a lot to mend his relation with Ragini; for a normal friendship which she paid no heed to. He wanted it but could neither force her nor be selfish again.

Festivals during the initial year of marriage was supposed to being a jittery feeling combined with bliss to Ragini. She had always had a peaceful smile when she saw new couples celebrating festivals together. And, it used to make her dream about being happily blushing with her future husband while everyone teased and cooed them.

But, she felt nothing. 

Holi came with bursting colors in everyone's life but, maybe for the first time, Ragini felt holi colorless. Her first holi as a suhaagan was imprinted on her heart as an eternal pain.

But amidst all these, she is happy that her sister stayed with her always, during the celebration, dancing with her; drenching her in colors by the end of the day. Swara was determined to be beside Ragini and their Sanky was there with them. The duo tried to act as stabilisers for Ragini and Laksh.

•~•×✿ו~•

Days passed by with the golden rays of sun waking everyone up, chirping of birds bringing in the serenity of mornings, thoughts storming in and out of minds, laughing and giggling with the family, glaring at bugging beings and silver rays of moon and cool breeze lulling everyone to sleep.

Ragini felt herself drowning in the affection Maheswaris showered on her. She wasn't the daughter-in-law but the daughter of the home. Laksh being sweet with her was something she least wanted.

(Female version)

Maana ke hum yaar nahin

Lo tay hai ke pyaar nahin

Morning aarti at the Maheswaris was something Ragini always did tirelessly. When she closes her eyes and chants several religious verses, all worries seems as a blur in her life. She loved to be fragile before her kanhaji but not before Laksh, who always used to be behind her with a smile which she reciprocated faintly. 

Phir bhi nazrein na tum milaana

Dil ka aitbaar nahi

Maana ke hum yaar nahi...

As the sky poured out, Uttara snuggled close to her with her coffee, as she continued speak animatedly to Ragini explaining her day. She pouted and threw her hands in irritation seeing her favorite bhabhi tried hard to stifle her bubbling laughter. Uttara scoffed and stood up to leave, puffing up her cheeks, making Ragini trail behind her mumbling 'sorrys'.  

Laksh playfully blocked Ragini's path and forwarded his hands for a compromise making her roll her eyes at him. All Laksh could do was to heave sigh on his defeat. The lady before him was stubborn on her decision; her right decision. But Ragini had a smile; at least Laksh will be a well wisher for her. His antics were indeed sweet nowadays – but she couldn't keep aside every and shake hands with him.

Raaste mein jo milo toh

Haath milaane ruk jaana

Ho...

Another routine she was cooking with the Maheswari ladies. They treated her so preciously. Adding to her delight, Sanskar would give her company, sitting on the kitchen slab, munching on something, mostly carrot and cracking jokes which always lightened atmosphere. Laksh always feel light seeing Ragini smiling and playful along with Sanskar. 

Saath mein koi ho tumhare

Door se hi tum muskaana

Lekin muskaan ho aisi

Ki jisme ikraar nahi

When they accidently bumped to each other, Ragini always avoided him while he repeated apologies to her. He can't give up so easily. But she would give a stern stare which was strong enough to shut him up. 

Lekin muskaan ho aisi

Ki jisme ikraar nahi

Nazron se na karna tum bayaan

Woh jis'se inkaar nahi

Maana ke hum yaar nahi...

All they could do is to wait for time to fly and start a new life. Maybe after that they can be normal with each other. 'I should understand the phase she is going through. Ragini will be most affected as she is having feelings towards me; or if said clearly, was having feelings. She needs time. What if she is not accepting me as a friend, she'll be a friend for me always.' Laksh gazed out of the window, watching the droplets rushing down passionately from sky.

Kisi daraaz ke kone mein

Teri tasveer mili hai

Phir wohi kaanton ka safar

Wahi phoolon ki gali

•~•×✿ו~•

Ragini signed the divorce papers without any hesitation. She could feel herself being liberated from something which held her down; as if she waas being released from a cage. What she feels now is far better than what she expected.

The Maheswaris and Gadodhias stood as she smiled pleasantly after it. Maheswaris reciprocated a gloomy smile, the thought of losing Ragini upsetting them while Gadodhias sighed hoping she  would be able to handle herself after this, with them beside. 

Laksh glanced Ragini and Swara as he held the papers. Ragini reciprocated a smile seeing which Swara blinked her eyes in assurance. He gestured curly with a smile; his heart both anxious but clear. Seeing their faces, he felt that he's doing something to make things better; most important that with everyone's permission and support. Even then, for an assurance, he looked up to his mother Annapurna, who was teary but gave her consent through a smile. The feeling of doing something seeking everyone's permission was good; guilt was the least.

"Deendayal ji, I hope everything between us would remain the same." Durgaprasad stood with folded hands as the advocate walked out. He turned to Ragini, placed his hands on her head with a dejected smile. "We will miss you, beta. You had always showered the love, care and affection, a daughter would give us. Please forgive us if we did anything hurting you."

"Papaji, elders never say sorry to young ones; what we need are blessings." She said mumbled pleasantly before bending to touch his feet.

As Ragini turned to Annapurna, she engulfed the former in a warm hug with teary eyes. "Always stay happy." That was the only thing she could utter. While Sujatha blessed her wholeheartedly and hugged swaying sideways,a smile sputtered on everyone's face. "See Chori, you made a permanent place in our hearts. As said before, visit us often and be happy always."

Uttara was crying like a baby hugging her bhabhi. "Bhabhi, you were my partner-in-crime. What will I do now? These heartless bhaiyyas will kill me now." Everyone chuckled at Uttara's sweetness while Ragini pecked her forehead. "What if I won't be here? Pari Bhabhi is there no. And my sister will come soon for both of your assistance."

"Will miss you a lot!" Parineeti also gave Ragini a warm hug conveying her fondness for her.

She bid goodbye to Ram Prasad and Adarsh also. Sanskar hugged his Ragz sideways and blinked his eyes smiling. "You're not going so far. We will be remaining this forever." Their silence conversed.

Last but not least, Laksh Maheswari. Ragini approached him and held her hand inviting a hand shake from him. Laksh blinked surprised at the action. His eyes welled up as he let out a sigh. He, slowly but surely, held her hands and shook her hand with a smile which she reciprocated warmly. "I don't want anything to end on a bad note. Nothing was hidden from the family that's why I'm extending my hand to you before them. Laksh, I can't forget what happened between us but, yeah, we can have a new start from here." RagLak exchanged an amiable smile again while Swara held Ragini's shoulder in delight and smiled widely at them.

"Papa, Papaji, I want one more thing. The whole mess will be settled only when Laksh and Swara's marriage will be done. Please don't extend it further." 

•~•×✿ו~•

"Are you tensed?" Ragini asked Swara to which she nodded in a 'yes' quikly. "Arre, don't worry. Everything will be fine. Stop fidgeting with the chunri, Swara." Ragini tried to ease Swara's stress but everything seems to be in vain.

"Shona.. Ragu.." Sharmishta came calling both her daughters. "My angels are looking so pretty today." Sharmishta fondly pressed her forefinger behind their ears, putting kaala teeka while Ragini side hugs her with happiness.  "Come. We are leaving to the temple in some time."

A month! Laksh and Swara's marriage was fixed by the family happily. According to their choice, the families decided to conduct the marriage in a temple in the presence of families. With no extravagance, they decided to spend the money on feeding poor people.

And the most delighted person was Ragini. She never knew she could be so cheerful and free in the marriage.But it happened, naturally. She enjoyed being the bride's sister and Sanskar was there to lift her mood up nevertheless.

Swara had a tough time bidding bye to her family but everyone was relieved – everything was better after a long time. 

•~•×✿ו~•

"Swara, kick it with you foot and enter." Annapurna helped her by holding her lehenga, surprising Swara..

With a smile, she entered the home – her sasural. They had the ritual of finding ring in which Laksh won.

Swara smiled recollecting the day while she was sitting on his bed – now their bed. They had been waiting for this day from long ago. Finally they became SwaLak. Now for the whole life, they're bind together.

Laksh entered the room after being thoroughly mocked by Sanskar, Adarsh, Parineeti and Uttara. How could he forget that his siblings and bhabhi would be there to slaughter him today? He sighed after closing the door from inside.

Laksh noticed Swara in the balcony staring at the sky. It was a normal thing these days. He walked to her and stood beside.

"Everything is on place now. Haina Laksh?"

Laksh just hummed in agreement to Swara.

"Fate is so weird. The thing was so straight yet it chose the most confusing and complicated path for us – especially Ragini." A lone tear escaped her eyes.

"Swara.." Laksh brushed his fingers gently, wiping away the tears. "No more tears. The mess has been tackled; we surpassed them. And about Ragini, the way our life got settled, she will also have someone to be her soon." They stood there for some more time enjoying the cool breeze and silence.

Laksh helped Swara in removing the jewellery while she could feel butterflies in her stomach on his touch. It was different. He caressed the sindoor in her hair parting and joined their foreheads. A content smile spread over their features as it sunk in. They were of each othernow! Swara could feel the fictions coming into life as the space between them lessened. Their eyes met and the long yearning for each other ended in a delicate yet passionate kiss. They could feel each other's heartbeat, their eyes conveyed unending love. He pecked her forehead in contentment and both of them slept in each other's embrace as the night shied giving way to the dawn.

•~•×✿ו~•

"Isn't weird?" Ragini raised her eyebrows.

"No. It's really tasty." Sanskar frowned before licking his lips cutely.

"Arre, not about the ice cream, Sanskar. At this time, you're taking me out for ice-cream, that too with permission of Dadi Maa." Ragini wondered.

"She knows I'm an innocent boy." Sanskar giggled.

Ragini smacked his head playfully, "Innocent and you? Doesn't go together, Sanky!" (Sanky with a pinch of sarcasm)

"Ohh, Ragz is also calling nick names. Not bad!"

"You can tell me the reason genuinely." Ragini smiled warmly.

"No, finally Swara and Laksh got married today. I know you would have felt extra light after a long time. Everything finally fell in its place. So I thought to celebrate with you." Sanskar shrugged as he glanced here and there.

"Dosth ho tho aise ho ya na ho! [If you have a friend, have one like this or never have one]" Ragini patted Sanskar's shoulder,chuckling as made faces of a proud child.

"Even then, just for my peace of mind, you're fine right, Ragz?" Sanskar's voice was filled with concern, which made her heart swell.

"I'm truly fine Sanskar. You know what Swara, Mishti Maa, Papa, Dadi Maa, Dadaji, Annapurna Maa, Sujatha Maa, Pari bhabhi and now you. The same question I have faced multiple time in a day. And my answer is the same 'I'm fine, cent percent.'" Ragini squeezed Sanskar's palm in assurance.

"Then it's perfect! Ice-cream treat was awesome. And I know I'm awesome. I can do nothing about that. All I can do now is dropping you back home before Dadi would beat me."

Ragini chuckled continuously on Sanskar's care-free ranting.

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

Hey guys, that's for today.

Thank you so so so much @lucky_lakshmi for being an amazing support in this journey. Such sweet gestures and honest comments make me so happy. Also, others thank you for your support in the form of votes. Do comment in this part also, pleeejjj!!!

Bye👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 2.1K 28
Well Friends as I am unable to write and post My FFs so i thought to post my one of Best Friend's FF here......The whole credit of this FF goes to My...
Fated By Foresight Azure

Mystery / Thriller

43.8K 2.4K 22
One event sealed his fate. Now one question threatens to cloud everything that he believes: Do you really know the one you claim to love? He thought...
105K 3.8K 41
It is a story of a girl. She gets married to a man, who is already married, had a son and his wife died. The reason of their marriage is his son who...
97.1K 1.4K 12
Ragini-Lakshya and Swara-Sanskaar had a fairytale love story until one day they were separated. Will they be able to trust life again? Will they be...