Breathless ✓

By Selenaedward22

Victoria Forbes, a young aspiring doctor, trudges through yet another ordinary day-a recurring pattern in her... More

Description ✔
Prologue ✔
One ✔
Two ✔
Three ✔
Four ✔
Five ✔
Six ✔
Seven ✔
Eight ✔
Nine ✔
Ten ✔
Eleven ✔
Twelve ✔
Thirteen ✔
Fourteen ✔
Fifteen ✔
Sixteen ✔
Seventeen ✔
Eighteen ✔
Ninteen ✔
Twenty ✔
Twenty-One ✔
Twenty-Two ✔
Christian's pov ✔
Twenty-Three ✔
Twenty - Four ✔
Twenty-Five ✔
Twenty - Six ✔
Twenty - Seven ✔
Twenty - Eight ✔
Twenty - Nine ✔
Thirty ✔
Thirty - One ✔
Thirty - Two ✔
Thirty - Three ✔
Thirty - Four ✔
Thirty - Five ✔
Thirty - Six ✔
Thirty - Seven ✔
Thirty - Eight ✔
Thirty - Nine ✔
Forty - One ✔
Forty - Two ✔
Forty - Three ✔
Forty - Four ✔
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER #1
BONUS CHAPTER #2
BONUS CHAPTER #3
BONUS CHAPTER #4
Actually rewriting BREATHLESS

Forty ✔

4.4K 177 9
By Selenaedward22

Christian

The night air is charged with tension as we approach Luigi's estate, shadows dancing in the dim glow of streetlights. Our convoy of sleek black vehicles glides through the deserted streets, a silent procession of retribution. The ominous silhouette of the estate looms in the distance, a fortress concealing the secrets we are determined to unearth.

Rico, Francis, and I share a knowing glance as we finalize our plans within the confines of the lead vehicle. The men, armed and prepared for the impending confrontation, radiate a palpable intensity. The atmosphere is thick with anticipation, the calm before the storm.

As we breach the perimeter, the estate comes to life with the discordant symphony of chaos. The first line of defense, Luigi's loyal guards, reacts to our intrusion. The night erupts in a barrage of gunfire, the staccato rhythm echoing through the sprawling grounds.

Our men, seasoned and disciplined, return fire with precision. The estate transforms into a battleground, the clash of metal and the acrid scent of gunpowder filling the air. Bullets whiz past, finding their mark in the concrete walls, as the confrontation escalates into a full-blown firefight.

I lead the charge, my senses heightened, every instinct honed for survival. The estate becomes a labyrinth of peril, each corridor a potential ambush. Rico and Francis flank me, their loyalty a steadfast anchor amidst the chaos.

In the midst of the skirmish, the shadows themselves seem to come alive. Matteo, orchestrating the defense with a calculated ferocity, emerges from the darkness. Our eyes lock, a silent acknowledgment of the vendetta that binds us.

"Christian!" Rico's urgent call pierces through the mayhem. I divert my attention to a secondary front where another faction loyal to Luigi attempts to flank us. The firefight intensifies, the estate's architecture providing both cover and treacherous blind spots.

The battle unfolds in a symphony of chaos – the metallic clang of gunfire, the thud of bodies hitting the ground, the guttural shouts of combatants. I navigate the warren of hallways, Rico and Francis at my side, as we press forward toward the heart of the estate.

The acrid scent of gun smoke hangs heavy in the air as we storm through the labyrinthine hallways, determined to reach the heart of Luigi's fortress. The clamor of gunfire echoes around us, a constant reminder of the high stakes in this deadly game.

Rico, Francis, and I press forward, our senses on high alert. The estate seems to resist our intrusion, each corridor presenting new challenges. As we approach the basement, where intelligence suggested Victoria might be held, the tension reaches a fever pitch.

The heavy door to the basement swings open, revealing a dimly lit staircase leading into the unknown. With each step, anticipation tightens its grip on us. The distant echoes of the ongoing firefight above ground accompany our descent into the bowels of the estate.

As we reach the bottom, our flashlights cut through the darkness, revealing an unsettling scene. The space is eerily empty, devoid of any signs of life. Panic threatens to claw its way into my chest, but I force myself to remain focused.

"Victoria?" I call out, my voice echoing in the desolate space. There's no response, only the oppressive silence of an empty room.

My eyes scan the area, and that's when I spot it – a small pool of blood staining the cold concrete floor. Dread settles in the pit of my stomach, a heavy realization that something went terribly wrong.

"She was here," I murmur, my words hanging in the air like an ominous premonition. The men exchange worried glances, the gravity of the situation sinking in.

Rico, always quick on his feet, moves forward and inspects the bloodstain. "Fresh. She couldn't have been gone for long."

"We need to find her," Francis asserts, his tone resolute. We press on, determined to follow any trace, no matter how faint.

The basement twists into a series of interconnected chambers, each one more foreboding than the last. As we navigate the maze, a chilling realization settles over us – Matteo, the elusive puppeteer, has orchestrated a meticulous vanishing act.

The absence of Victoria gnaws at me, every shadow morphing into a potential threat. I can almost hear her voice, feel her presence, yet she remains just out of reach. Panic simmers beneath my skin, but I suppress it, focusing on the task at hand.

The basement reveals no further clues, no secret passageways or hidden chambers. It's as if Victoria vanished into thin air. The men exchange worried glances, mirroring the frustration that tightens its grip on my own chest.

"Damn it!" I growl, the echoes of my frustration bouncing off the cold walls.

The ascent to the third floor is fraught with tension, every step echoing the urgency of our mission. The sporadic sounds of gunfire above ground serve as a haunting backdrop, a reminder that time is not on our side.

The door to Luigi's office looms ahead, a symbolic threshold between answers and the abyss of uncertainty. I share a meaningful glance with Rico and Francis, a silent acknowledgment of the unspoken understanding that this confrontation could unravel the threads of our underworld.

Without hesitation, I kick open the door, the wood splintering as we storm into Luigi's sanctum. The room is a tapestry of opulence, a stark contrast to the chaos outside. Luigi, seated behind a lavish desk, regards us with a mix of defiance and amusement.

The room's shadows seemed to dance around Luigi as he reclined in his plush leather chair, a picture of serene malevolence. The soft glow of the lamp barely illuminated his cold eyes, which fixed upon me with calculated indifference.

"Well, well, Christian Amore Vasquez. What brings you to my humble abode?" Luigi's gravelly voice cut through the silence, a deceptive calmness masking the storm that brewed beneath.

My jaw tensed as I advanced, every step echoing with the urgency of a man pushed beyond his limits. "Cut the act, Luigi. You know damn well why I'm here. Where is she?" My voice, low and menacing, reverberated through the room.

Luigi leaned back, savoring the power play. "Ah, the lovely Victoria. Such a delicate flower in the harsh world of thorns. Matteo brought her in, said you were getting too comfortable."

My patience snapped like a brittle twig. I lunged forward, grabbing Luigi by the lapels of his suit and slamming him against the ornate wooden wall. The room trembled with the impact.

"Where. Is. She?" My words seethed through gritted teeth, each syllable a promise of retribution.

Luigi's smirk widened, a wicked gleam in his eyes. "Ah, Christian, my boy, you always had a temper. She's where you and I began our dance. The old warehouse by the docks. Matteo's got a bone to pick with you, you see."

My grip tightened, the veneer of control slipping away. "If anything happens to her, Luigi, I swear to every deity in existence, I'll make sure your comfortable little empire crumbles."

Luigi chuckled, the sound echoing eerily. "You always were dramatic, Christian. Now, release me before you do something you'll regret."

With a snarl, I let go, sending Luigi back into his chair. As I stormed out of the office, the ominous atmosphere clung to me like a suffocating shroud. The race against time had begun, and the old warehouse awaited – a battleground where the fate of Victoria and the fragile balance of power would collide.

My car screeched to a halt near the desolate warehouse by the docks. The night air was thick with tension as I burst through the creaking doors, the dim light revealing a grim scene. The damp, cold air carried a sinister stillness, broken only by the faint drip of water and the distant lapping of waves against the docks.

And there she lay – Victoria, my heart, my reason for existence – sprawled on the cold, unforgiving floor. The sight struck me like a thunderbolt, leaving me paralyzed for a moment before raw anguish surged through my veins.

"Victoria!" The name escaped my lips in a desperate plea as I rushed to her side. The flickering light cast an eerie glow on her motionless form. Blood stained her once-vibrant clothes, a stark contrast to her pallid skin.

I fell to my knees beside her, hands trembling as I cradled her lifeless body. Tears welled in my eyes, blurring my vision as I pressed my forehead against hers. "No, no, no," I whispered, the words escaping like fragile fragments of hope into the cold, indifferent air.

Gentle fingers brushed against her cheeks, a futile attempt to warm the ice that had settled upon her. "Ria, baby, wake up. Please, wake up," I pleaded, my voice a haunting melody of despair.

But there was no response – no flutter of eyelashes, no soft breath against my cheek. Her once-vibrant eyes were now closed, the light extinguished.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, my voice breaking into a choked sob. "I should have been faster. I should have protected you."

The weight of guilt bore down on me, suffocating my every breath. My shoulders shook with the force of my grief as I cradled Victoria's lifeless form. "I love you, Victoria Forbes. I love you more than life itself," I confessed, my words a lament to a love lost.

The warehouse walls seemed to close in, witnesses to the tragedy that had unfolded within their silent confines. My heartache echoed through the cavernous space, a symphony of sorrow in the desolate night.

As I wept over her, time seemed to stand still. The promise of revenge and the thirst for retribution were drowned in the overwhelming grief that gripped my soul. In that moment, the world outside the warehouse ceased to exist, and there was only me, Victoria, and the shattered fragments of a love that would never be realized.

Rico and Francis rushed to my side, their expressions mirroring the anguish etched on my face. I clung to Victoria's lifeless form, the cold reality of her departure too overwhelming to bear. In the cavernous silence of the warehouse, our shared grief hung thick in the air.

But then, as I hugged her body to my chest, a fleeting, almost imperceptible sensation coursed through my fingertips – the faintest flutter against my skin. A heartbeat, feeble but unmistakably present.

"She's alive!" The words escaped me in a breathless whisper, disbelief coloring my tone. "Rico, Francis, I can feel her heartbeat."

Their eyes widened with a mix of shock and hope as they leaned in, their hands reaching to touch her as well. The realization dawned upon us – Victoria, against all odds, clung to life.

"We need to get her out of here, now," Rico urged, his voice a urgent command slicing through the haze of despair.

We moved with a renewed sense of purpose, lifting Victoria's frail form gently. Each step echoed with the desperate rhythm of her weakened heartbeat. The dim light of the warehouse framed her face, a silent testament to the fragile resilience that endured within her.

As we emerged from the desolate confines of the warehouse, the night air seemed to carry a whisper of hope. Rico and Francis coordinated with the waiting team outside, ensuring a swift evacuation to the nearest medical facility.

The journey felt agonizingly long, every passing moment haunted by the specter of Victoria's precarious state. The cityscape blurred into a mosaic of lights as the vehicle sped toward salvation – toward a chance at her survival.

In the confines of the medical facility, the relentless beeping of machines replaced the oppressive silence of the warehouse. The medical team worked tirelessly to stabilize Victoria, their collective efforts a symphony of expertise and determination.

I stood in the sterile hallway, a mixture of dread and anticipation clawing at my insides.

She is alive. But will she be able survive? I slide down the wall, numb.

....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337 6 28
Bailey Summers, a new student at a problematic school. Between the struggles of trying to fit in whilst beind a desperate people pleaser, he finds hi...
13.5K 515 22
Two years ago two boys met and formed a quick, but complicated bond only to be separated soon after. ------- Two years later will their feelings to...
828K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
1.1K 72 28
Falling in love with your worst enemy is not a simple thing for anyone. ############|||||############## Alex Kensington, heir to a vast medical empi...