"Shrimp."|Ayato Kirishima X R...

By ThyatiraKaupa

"I'm no hero. But I will love you, even if it kills me." Ayato Kirishima It had been five years since (Y/N) (... More

Author's Note.
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
A Note
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{22}
SPINOFF

{21}

4.7K 189 103
By ThyatiraKaupa

Dedicated to PinkyPantherPie, leelee428 and karma_is_a_bitch25

Please don't play the song until after the chapter is finished.

Keep a lookout for the next chapter in a few hours time. Hopefully with a few more energy drinks I'll be done with it in a few hours.

Without further ado, enjoy the chapter!!❤

_____

(Y/N) needed to stretch her legs and Ayato had been out for the whole day with Kaneki, some matters to do with the ghoul business to accomplish peace amongst humans. She awaited his return, when he finally comes home she could tell him that she needed to stretch her legs and they could go for a walk to the park.

When a knock came from the door she eagerly rushed to it and opened the door, a wide smile plastered on her face.

It dropped slightly in disappointment when she saw who it was.

“Koji-kun?” She asked, looking behind him to see if he came with some other investigators. He was one of the assistants who nursed the wounded with her and he helped her by telling her how to bandage them fast enough and trick to stop bleeding.

She wondered what he was doing here.

His eye’s widened when he saw her open the door. “Special Investigator (Y/N) you live here?” He asked, shocked. It wasn’t a scrutinizing type of shock but a genuine caught off guard shock.

(Y/N) chuckled sheepishly. “Again, you can call me (Y/N) and yeah I live here.”

“I was hiking with a few buddies and we got separated and I saw this cottage, thought I’d ask for directions back to civilization.” He explained shyly. His brown hair seemed longer than it was two months ago and there were bags under his eyes.

(Y/N) nodded. “I see, yeah this forest can get tricky sometimes and it’s getting pretty late.”

He chuckled, nodding as he awkwardly glanced inside.

(Y/N) wanted him to go but that would be rude so she stepped aside and offered him a hospitalizing smile. “Come on in, I’ll get you water and give you directions.”

Koji sighed in relief and walked in, he looked around as she closed the door. She took this time to make a mental note of the way he was dressed.

“It’s not fancy but it is home.” She said sheepishly.

He nodded, “It’s actually really cozy.”

She thanked him graciously and had him follow her into the kitchen.

“I have custard pie if you want?” She offered as she reached into the fridge to grab the jar of water.

“No, actually I’d rather have some coffee if you can.” He said and when she closed the fridge she saw that he was looking at her baby bump almost with a look of hunger in his eyes. She turned to him and saw that he was actually staring at the picture on the fridge. It was an old picture of Ayato and Touka, smiling candidly at the camera. It was old and tattered but (Y/N) loved it so much.

“Coffee I can make.” She said, reaching over to heat up the kettle.

“So you’re married huh?” He asked.

She simply nodded. Something was off and she felt it. (Y/N) kept her eyes on him through the reflection from the kettle and saw that he looked uneasy and his legs were bobbing up and down.

“You were hiking you said? My husband and I like to walk when he has free time. Which trail were you on?” She asked casually as she busied herself by taking out the cup and so forth, all the while keeping her gaze on him from the reflection.

She saw him open his mouth, then close it. He was unsure. Bingo.

“The one up North I think, not good with remembering names I guess.” He chuckled absentmindedly.

(Y/N) shrugged. “I see.”

The one North would take him to the far west of the forest, not the east and his clothes were too Casual Friday for him to be hiking.

She opened the floor cupboard with her legs and busied herself to hide the movement with her legs.

“How much sugar do you prefer?” She asked, glancing over her shoulder.

He was sweating and looked a bit fidgety.

“One.” He said, “I have a sweet tooth addiction that I gotta get rid of so I’m cutting down on all sugar.”

“Better safe than sorry.” She said, turning to grab the jar of sugar. Her toes curled around the quinque dagger and she remained in that position.

“So you’re gonna tell me how long you’ve been a ghoul?” She asked casually.

She saw him freeze, eyes wide.

“W-what?”

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes, and swung the blade from the floor up using her toes. She grabbed it and threw it at him, this all happen in a blur-like speed. He disappeared from his sit and suddenly appeared next to her.

“You’re smart.” He growled, eye’s black and red.

She grabbed the cattle and slammed it against his head. He groaned and staggered back. She uses this to her advantage and opens the top cupboard, taking out a two long daggers made from quinque.

“How long have you been stalking me?” She asked, glaring at him.

The hot water burns healed and he picked up the knives on the counter, throwing them at her.

She dodged the bigger ones and deflected the small knives.

“Since the Dragon died. You see you’re the perfect meal; A human with a ghoul human hybrid baby inside of you. That’s right, I knew then that I had to take a bite but I had to wait until you were alone and close to giving birth. If your boyfriend was here it’d be a hell but no.You’re not gonna put up much of a fight with that giant baby bump.” He cackled manically.

“Husband.” She corrected him,” And good luck because I was raised by ghouls.” She growled and reached over, upturning the small table and tossing it at him. He smashed it into pieces but realized that it was a diversion. She was gone and the backdoor was open.
He went outside and saw her standing a bit further away, daggers in hand.

“I can’t hope to run. That would be a waste of my time and energy. And my husband spent a shit tone of time fixing our home up; I’d rather not have your blood staining my walls.” She said in a low deathly tone with her eyes narrowed.

Koji’s eyes widened. She had completely changed, it was as if she was a completely different person when she was fighting, calm, collected and deadly

“So this is the infamous (Y/N) (L/N).” He smirked.

She said nothing in response.

The man suddenly lungs at her, three snake-like tendrils aiming for her. She jumps back, landing unsteadily on her legs as her hand upon instincts rest on her stomach.

Koji’s eyes were wide, black and red; the eyes of an avaricious ghoul. Saliva trickled down the corner of his mouth and he convulsed. He had just recently transformed by the looks of it, probably around the first few days of the Dragons waking. Yet judging from his rinkaku type kagune he had two months to perfect his new found powers.

“I-I’m sorry Special Investigator! I’m j-just so hungry and you’re twice the package!” He cried out before swiping at her again.

She dodged and jumped away again. Her (E/C) eyes narrowed at her opponent. His attempts at her were sloppy and he was driven by his hunger, she could take him on.

“Stand in one place and let me take a bite!” He growled, racing towards her with his kagune stretched out.

“You won’t even come close to doing that.” She scowled, but she was aware that her stomach made this fight uneven because her movements came out sloppy and she was already out of breath.

As he swooped in she twirled around and sliced at his elongated tendrils with ease using one hand before slamming her heel to his side. He gasped in pain and slammed against a tree and it toppled over upon impact. She took this opportunity to regain her composure, swallowing. Her breathe came out labored. Her head spun and she clenched her teeth.

His kagune sped towards her with plummeting speed and she sliced at the two but the third one flew past her, slicing her shoulder.

She groaned and staggered back.

He suddenly rushed at her again and she dodged his tentacle, releasing a loud groan of frustration as she sliced at his tendrils with maximum speed as she inched closer and closer before slamming her dagger against his throat, lodging it there.

Koji chocked and staggered back, grasping to take out the shard as blood trickled from the wide barbaric cut. She panted, sweat making her (H/C) stick to her face as she kicked him back.

He yanked the blade out and remained on the grass, choking. She didn’t trust it so she slammed the other blade against his stomach and watched as he gasped and choke on his own blood.

Staggering back, (Y/N) leaned against the tree, holding her stomach. She squeezed her eyes shut, sticking to her face. She was out of breath and she was afraid she’d give birth then and there. Her stomach ached and she felt her knees go weak. No, not here..

Suddenly her eyes widened as she gasped in pain and was slammed back against a tree.

One of his tentacles shot out and pierced her left shoulder. She hissed in pain as he cackled out laughing as he slowly got up. (Y/N) gasped and slammed her hand against the kagune but it didn’t bulge. She had no weapon and her energy was leaving her.

His eyes were wide and he laughed maniacally with saliva drooping out of his mouth.

“This was a suicide mission. Either I die or I eat you, looks like I-”

Suddenly his head slipped off his shoulder as sharp shards of crystallized kagune sliced him to pieces mercilessly. (Y/N) slumped to the floor as his dead kagune dissipated. All her energy was gone, she felt tired. She wanted to sleep. She needed to sleep.

“Dammit!” She heard a deep husky voice curse before she was picked up in a matter of seconds. She felt like she was flying because of how fast he was running.

“No no no no no!” Ayato cursed, his teeth gritted as he spared a glance down at her. Her eyes were slipping shut, lashes grazing her cheeks and her eyes blanked out. Her shoulders were bloody and his jaw tightened.

“Stay awake, please stay awake!” He begged, racing through the forest to get to Aito.

“A-Ayato-kun.” She muttered, staring up at him through half-lidded eyes. His blue hair caught her attention. It was whipping around his sharp handsome face. They must be running really fast…or flying. It felt like they were flying.

“Fuck this is all my fault, I should’ve been home sooner! Please forgive me.” He kept muttering, tears streaming down his cheeks and drying on her face, one droplet at a time.

“Not your fault.” She whispered but her voice trailed off and was lost in the wind. She leaned her head against his chest. His scent. He smelt like flowers and rain trees. He smelt like home.

“…s-so much l-like a Fallen Angel.” She whispered, her voice drifting off. “M-My Fallen Angel..”

“I love you so much, please please please don’t close your eyes on me!” He choked out but her eyes were already closing. She struggled to keep them open.

Ayato-kun is asking me to keep my eyes open, I’m going to keep my eyes open…But the darkness is so comforting…maybe just a bit…

The darkness claimed her vision, and it surrounded her completely. She’d prefer blue, but this was nice too. Drifting in this darkness, she could still hear muffled voices.

Words were yelled and she squeezed her eyes. So many voices. Everyone was too loud, she just needed to sleep and she’d be fine. That’s all she needed, a nap.

Someone shook her and her eyes fluttered open. A pair of blue eyes gazed back into hers past the drop of his tousled blue hair.

Blue…maybe she’ll have blue hair…like him.

He was saying something, lips moving, eyes begging her. Those beautiful blue eyes reflecting so much pain it broke her heart. She couldn’t focus and her vision blurred out. She lost a lot of blood.

“She’s closing her eye’s fucking do something!” Ayato yelled at the human plugging strapping cords to her skin.

“Sir, w-w-we are t-trying our best.” He stuttered, quickly cutting (Y/N)’s shirt and looking at the wound.

One of them brought in a transparent bag with yellowish liquid inside.

Ayato growled and grabbed her by the collar and slammed her to the wall.

“What the fuck are you trynna hook her onto?” He growled, eyes a dangerous color of red and black. The girl whimpered.

“Ayato calm down!” Aito yelled, shoving him off the female nurse. The female nurse gasped and ran out.

“It’s from the Dragon, for months now I’ve been working on a theory that we could use the tissue from the Dragon to help accelerate our medicine, this is our only chance. It has worked on a dozen test subjects.” Aito explained, picking up the bag and rushing over to put everything in place whilst Cho stopped the bleeding from the shoulders.

“Fucking test subjects, Dickhead!?” Ayato yelled.

“Yes Asshole, and this is her only chance.” Aito snapped before turned to the rest of the five nurses rushing about in the big operation room.

“Everybody get out! Mia, you remain.” Aito ordered and the rest of the nurses rushed to leave the room. The young girl named Mia assisted Cho with little to no complaint on words said apart from a few technical terms when assisting.

“I need three bags of (blood type) stat!” Cho announced Mia grabbed the blood bags Aito had brought in with him, having prepared everything beforehand.

“Ayato-kun keep her awake she can’t be allowed to go unconscious right now! She has to deliver the baby awake!” Cho yelled, stitching her up at an incredible speed.

Ayato was by her side in an instant, taking her hand in his.

“Come on Shrimp wake up!” Ayato said, “Don’t close your eyes on me you gotta wake up. Please. We said we were gonna open a flower shop, remember that? If you-”

He choked on his words and swallowed, jaws clenched. He couldn’t complete that sentence. It would break every fiber of his being.

“Please just wake up, you make my life worth living. As long as I can remember you’ve fought for my happiness. Please I need you, I can’t live without you. It'll be meaningless.” He caressed her face and tucked her hair away from her face. His voice cracked and he felt anger at himself and pain.

It didn’t matter what he was saying she wasn’t waking up, her eyes were struggling to flutter open.

“Fuck! She’s not waking up!” Ayato choked out, fingers clawing through his hair and jaw tightened. He had never felt pain like this before seeing her in this position. His heart clenched and tears welled up in his eyes. If she wasn’t okay his whole world would end.

Aito rushed to her side with an injection filled with the yellow greenish liquid and slammed it to her neck.

(Y/N) gasped and her eyes fluttered open. Ayato held her face and spoke. She felt his touch and everything seemed to be heightened.

“(Y/N)! Look at me, come on focus on the sound of my voice. I don’t wanna lose you!” Ayato said through gritted teeth as he looked into her eyes desperately trying to get her to stay awake.

She focused her gaze on him but before she could say anything, she felt a sharp pain in her stomach and she felt herself pee.

“Her water just broke ma’am!” Mia announced. (Y/N) froze and Ayato eye’s widened, turning to Mia.

“(Y/N)-chan! The baby’s coming. Take a deep breath and push!” Cho ordered, standing by her parted legs.

(Y/N) felt an abnormally sharp pain in her stomach and she screamed, squeezing Ayato’s hand. For the next few minutes, or hours, she was in excruciating pain.  Time didn’t matter, she felt like someone took a rusty needle and pierces her skin underneath, slowly tearing her apart. The pain was so immense she saw black dots clouding her vision but she fought against it. Hearing Ayato’s husky voice immediately had her fighting for consciousness. It could’ve been eternity, it could’ve been a minute, or a second, or just a few hours; she couldn’t tell. She was numb all over.

Suddenly she heard a loud shrill cry in the distance. Everything seemed far and she felt like she was floating. A voice called her. She wanted to turn but she kept floating further, and furtherer away; no longer in control.

(Y/N) didn’t have any strength left. She had no power, all she felt was numbness. At least the pain stopped. She heard two male voice.

“Dammit Aito do something! Hit her with the serum again or whatever the fuck you have! I can barely hear her heart!”

“I’m doing everything in my pow-”

“You don’t understand what she means to me!”

“You think I don’t love her too?! You think I don’t wanna see her hold that baby too!?”

The voices drift off and she’s left with silence and her thoughts.

What was that cry? … A baby…

A baby….

…. My baby…

Our baby....?

A voice echoes. She sees a wisp of blue hair and eye’s that seemed to be like two blue pools. She could get lost in them. Perhaps she is, that’s why she can’t seem to tell where she is…

A voice yells her name and her eyes prickle with tears. The voice is filled with so much raw pain and agony that it breaks her apart. Tears stream down her face uncontrollably.

She knows that voice. She loves that voice. And that other cry…the baby.

When she thinks she’s opened her eyes, she sees cookies in a jar. She looks behind her and sees her parents talking to a man with blue hair. She fiddled with the hand of her doll and looked at the cookie. She wanted that cookie.

Seeing that her parents were still busy and no adults were around the front desk, she thought she’d take a cookie and tell her ma and pa that she got it so they could buy it for her. Reaching over, she dropped her doll and tiptoed. As her hand touched the jar, it moves back. She scrunches her face up in annoyance and reaches for it again. It does the same thing.

She groans in annoyance and steps back. She gasps when she sees why it’s moving back. A boy is sitting on the chair by the counter. He has messy blue hair and bright blue eyes. He looks at her and smirks, taking the lid of the jar off and grabbing a cookie.

She holds a hand out to take but he shakes his head, obviously trying to tease her. She decides he’s annoying and a greedy fox. He smirks and pretends he’s about to take a bite and she glares at him, pouting. She saw it first! It was unfair!

Suddenly the cookie is smacked off his hand harshly and the cookie jar is pushed so hard it flies off the counter and slams on the floor next to her doll. The blue haired boys mum scolds him bitterly and he cries before being taken away by the blue haired man.

She feels sad and she walks over and picks her doll up along the shards of glass and smashed cookies. It was her fault his mom scolded him and he cried. So she decides then and there as her mum picks her up and they leave the coffee shop, that she’d give him a cookie and this time he’d be allowed to eat it because he wasn’t taking it without giving money.

Yet for months the blue haired boy refused her cookies, the more he did, the more she felt bed so she’d continue to do it.

The scene blurs away and she is left in complete darkness. Then suddenly she sees a pair of ghoulish red and black eyes staring down at her with a blank look of fascination and confusion. His eyebrows are pulled together, as if he’s trying to figure out a puzzle. His features are young, ten years old. Those ghoulish eyes don’t instill fear in her, with his kagune, in that instant he looked like an angel…her Fallen Angel.

His face morphs and he’s scowling at her, blank eyes meeting her gaze. It changes he’s standing a bit further behind her, eyes expressionless yet behind it all there is confusion as he gazes at her. Whatever she says makes his eyes widen and his breath catch in his throat.

Suddenly she’s sleeping next to him, their eyes meet and for once he isn’t scowling. He has a look of wonder and they remain staring into each other’s eyes. (Y/N) sees every memory she has of him. One where he slips on a necklace with wings, the other he leans so close to her their noses are touching. Then he's carrying her, hard eyes softened as he gazed down at her.

Everything, all her memories of him flashes before her eyes until finally he’s giving her a cookie. Blue hair falls over his piercing blue orbs. In his eyes, she sees her world, her home and finally everything falls into place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 97 8
I love Tokyo Ghoul as much as anyone else but more than enough to dedicate some imagines to this masterpiece of a manga/anime. I'll literally write f...
353K 12.9K 36
Wherein [Y/N]'s life changes once she meets the arrogant ghoul, Ayato Kirishima. Warning : This book contains swearing and lemon. ☆ COMPLETED : Novem...
264K 6.9K 25
⚠️1ST BOOK OF THE TOKYO GHOUL SERIES⚠️ ➖➖ ●C O M P L E T E D● Time had seem to...
58K 2.1K 15
Completed: June 16, 2015 Updated: April 11, 2017 RANKING: #182 in TOKYOGHOUL *thank you all so much :)* Book Two: Simple and Forgetful. Ayato Kirishi...