The Other Side of the Moon

By booknerd2736

Harry Potter was looking forward for the summer to end. The Dursley's were making his life living hell, and a... More

Family Matters
Lets never do that again.
Excuse me, your who?
Powerful wands
2 Percy's and 2 sets of twins.
The Train
Hogwarts
Stories and Magic
Not so Good Omens.
Yeh've got to stroke 'em
An Angry Hippogriff
This has to be some kind of record.
The Infirmary
FREEDOM!!!!!!
Snape Snape Severus Snape
Golden Eyes
Dreams and Visions
Quidditch
Try Outs
Stupid Permission Slips
Halloween
Sirius Black
Stormy Weather
Back to the infirmary
Hogsmeade
Christmas
Firebolt
Patronus

A Medic and a Talking Hat

5.7K 177 76
By booknerd2736

Harry

Percy, Hermione and I followed McGonagall away from the chattering crowd and to her office.

The transfigurations teacher told the three of us to sit down as she settled herself behind her desk. "Professor Lupin sent an owl ahead to say that you two were taken ill on the train."

Before either of us could reply, the door opened and Madam Pomfrey walked in.

I blushed in embarrassment. It was bad enough that I passed out, they didn't need to make a big fuss.

"I think we're fine," I started, "really we-"

"It's you, of course it is," Madam Pompfrey said as she walked over to us. "I suppose you've been doing something dangerous again?"

Percy started laughing and I sent him a small glare begging him to shut up.

"It was a dementor Poppy," McGonagall explained.

Madam Pomfrey looked upset for a moment but said nothing. "And who are you?" She asked Percy abruptly.

"Percy Potter. Harry's twin" unexpected pride flooded me when he introduced himself as a Potter. I didn't realize how much that would mean to me until now.

"Great, there are two of you now," she muttered as she pushed back my hair to feel my forehead. "They won't be the last to collapse. Yes, he's clammy. Terrible things, they are, and the effect they have on people who are already delicate-"

"I'm not delicate!" I said crossly.

"Of course your not," she checked my pulse then moved on to Percy.

She did the same things to Percy, but didn't say anything while she worked.

"What do they need?" Asked Professor McGonagall. "Bed rest? Should they spend tonight in the hospital wing?"

"I'm fine!" I say as I jump up. I couldn't stand the thought of spending my first night back at Hogwarts in the hospital wing. Think of what Draco would say!

"This one is worse," she said motioning to Percy. "Both need Chocolate at the very least."

"Professor Lupin already gave us some," Percy told her.

"About time we had a Defense teacher who knows his remedies."

She reached over and touched Percy's forehead again but said nothing.

"Are you'd sure you boys feel alright?" McGonagall asked. We both nodded. "Very well then. Boys will you please wait outside while I talk to Ms Granger about her courses? Then when we are done we'll get Mr Potter sorted."

Percy and I both stood and followed Madam Pomfrey out of the office.

When she left I looked at Perce. "You sure your good?"

He laughed, "I mean I'm not good but I'll live. I'll feel better tomorrow."

I nod, "yeah. You know I had almost forgotten that you still had to be sorted. At least they aren't making you go up in front of everyone."

"That would be horrible," he said while laughing. "This 13 year old goes up with all the first years. How embarrassing!"

We talked for a few more minutes until the office door opened back up and someone walked down to the office holding the sorting hat.

McGonagall took the hat and we walked back into the office. I squeezed Percy's arm as he went to sit down.

"I'm going to place the hat on your head and it will decide which house to put you in" the Professor explained, and my brother just nodded.

I saw his eyes widen as the hat started to speak on his mind. It took almost five minutes, but eventually the hat cried out...

"GRIFFENDOR!"

McGonagall removed the hat and I gave Percy a high five.

McGonagal smiled, "I don't know if I should but relieved for worried that I have both of you now. Well come in, let's not miss any more of the feast than we need to."

And with that the four of us left the office and headed back to the great hall.

Percy

As we walked to the great hall I couldn't stop thinking how relieved I'm in the same house as Harry. If I were in one of the other houses, not only would I not know anyone, I also wouldn't know how to explain why I showed up two years late.

From the awkward looks I got from Harry and Hermione I'm gonna assume that it took longer for me to get sorted than most people. The hat was weird. It's like it knew everything about me, but not.

It was like my brain, thoughts, memories were puzzle pieces. He has all the pieces but he doesn't have a picture of what the puzzle is supposed to look like.

The hat told me that I had potential in every house but ended up debating between Slytherin and Gryffendor. After a lot of peeking into my mind the hat finally made its decision.

No one said a word the entire walk to the great hall. When we got there Harry took me along the back and over to the table with a red banner over it.

We quickly found Ron and the three of us sat down with him.

"What was that all about" he muttered to Harry.

Harry quickly explained what had happened and finished right as a man stood up to speak.

The man was very old but gave off an impression of great energy. I knew without Harry having to tell me that this was Professor Dumbledore.

"Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get is out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..."

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued, "As you will all be aware after their search in the Hogwarts express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here in Ministry of Magic business. They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises-or even invisibility cloak."

Dumbledore looked toward us, and I saw Ron and Harry glance at each other.

"It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the Prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs foul of the Dementors."

I looked over to where Percival was sitting. He puffed out his chest and look far to proud of himself. Dumbledore looked around and when nobody moved it made any sound he continued.

"On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. Firstly, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

The applause were very scattered and rather unenthusiastic. Only those of us who had been in the compartment with him really clapped hard.

"Look at Snape!" Ron hissed.

I followed their gaze and found a young teacher with greasy black hair and a long nose staring at Remus. The look he gave the new teacher was beyond anger, it was loathing.

"As to our second new appointment, well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take in this teaching job in addition to his game keeping duties."

Harry, Ron and Hermione stared at each other stunned, before applauding. The noise coming from the Gryffindor table was tumultuous. I figured that Hagrid was the giant I saw earlier.

Seeing him now I assume he is a lot less frightening than he looks.

"Who else would of set us a biting book?" Ron roared as he pounded on the table.

My three friends were the last to stop clapping, it was very clear that the large man meant a lot to them.

"Well, I think that's covered everything god importance," said Dumbledore. "Let the feast begin!"

As food magically appeared in the table the only thing I could think was holy Hera that's a lot of food!

Dumbledore's whole speech can straight from the book. I didn't come up with any of it. Don't kill me.

After the feast I followed Harry Ron and Hermione through winding halls and changing stair cases. I was shocked by the number of moving pictures on the walls. Like sure I had lived in the wizarding world for a few weeks, but nothing could of prepared me for what Hogwarts was gonna be like.

We stopped as a portrait of a fat lady in pink. Percival shoves his way to the front of the crowd. "The new password is Fortunate Major!"

As soon as he said the "password" the portrait swung open like a door and lead into a large common room. Hermione said goodbye to us and walked to a different staircase than us.

We went into a circular dormitory with 6 four-poster beds.

"Why are there six beds?" One boy with a Irish accent asked.

Harry smirked and shoved me lightly. "Dean, Seamus, Neville, I would like to formally introduce you to my twin brother, Percy."

The three boys gapped at me. Neville has seen me on the train, but didn't know who I was.

"How?" Dean asked.

"A long story" I said.

"That can wait till tomorrow" Ron said as he fell into his bed.

The three other boys laughed and went to their beds. Mine was between Harry and Seamus, and somehow all of my stuff was already here. I was to tired to question it so I quickly fell asleep.

So Percy is in Gryffindor, snape is already mad at Remus, Pomfrey already knows the potters are going to cause trouble and the third year boys don't know whats coming.

Please vote and leave in the comments what you think! I hope you liked it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636K 20.1K 42
"I know what you are, Percy Jackson, Half-Blood Prince of the Sea." --- Percy, Annabeth, Nico and Will are thrown back into the Wizarding world for...
88.1K 3.4K 19
[2] Diverging Paths: Perseus Jackson, also known as Percy, left his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry feeling happy and confid...
44K 928 31
Percy finds out that he is a descendant from a very powerful dark wizard. And because he is the only person that is half demigod and half wizard, the...
48.4K 1.3K 22
Percy Jackson wakes at Hogwarts. Harry Potter wakes at Camp Half-Blood. Neither know who they are, where they are, or where they come from - but when...