Damsel In Distress (Arcana Fa...

By BalladPhoenix

It's been two years since the Arcana Duello as Felicita and her friends continue with their normal, vigilante... More

Chapter 1: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 2: At the Mansion
Chapter 3: The First Warning
Chapter 4: The Star
Chapter 5: Mystery and Charm
Chapter 6: Cecilly
Chapter 8: Felicita
Chapter 9: Puzzling
Chapter 10: Unanswered
Chapter 11: Children of Regalo
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Her Story Part 1
Chapter 14: Her Story Part 2
Chapter 15: Her Story Part 3
Chapter 16: Rescue Part 1
Chapter 17: Rescue Part 2: Her Side
Chapter 18: Slavery;Prostitution
Chapter 19: Sacrifice and Responsibility
Chapter 20: Seeing The End
Chapter 21: The End of the Chapter
Author's Announcement

Chapter 7: Temperence, Strength, the Hermit.

1.7K 81 0
By BalladPhoenix

Hi, guys thank you so much for reading. Wow, it really took forever to reach 20. The slow process actually is discouraging me right now. I'm not sure if I should continue with the story but if you want the story to continue please tell me. I also would like you guys to read my other books, Ghost of the Past (a K Project fanfic) and The Masked Ninja (a Naruto Shippuden fanfic) which actually currently on hold so if you guys want me to continue, please tell me.

 -BalladPhoenix

P.S. Please comment, vote, and follow!! :D ♥♥♥

-BalladPhoenix

~~~~~~~~

"Hey, guys is Angelica with you?" Felicita asks a group of patrolmen when they arrived at the mansion. She apparently has been waiting for her by the gate. Her face was filled with worry. 

"No," They answered, "Isn't she supposed to be with Luciano and the others?" One of them continued. They were completely surprised when Felicita shook her head and told them that they reported that she disappeared after they arrested some thieves earlier that day.

"We'll go look for her," they quickly volunteered without Felicita being able to say anyyhing else. They whirled around, but stopped abruptly when they saw Angelica walking towards them. Her eyes seemed blank like her mind was preoccupied with something traumatic. But even so, she still held her head high. When she came closer they noticed tear stains on her cheeks. The men were about to rush to her when Felicita rushed passed them and towards Angelica.

"Angelica," exclaims Felicita grabbing Angelica's hands, "where have you been?? What happened??"

Angelica only smiles at her friend, "I'm sorry to make you worry," she apologizes, "I just. . . met an old friend. I'm really sorry." She continues. 

"Well," starts Felicita, "at least you're okay."

"Are you okay?? Did your friend say anything to you??" The men say as they rushed to her.

"No. No, she didn't." says Angelica, smiling warmly. 

"Then why were you crying?" They asked. She becomes surprised and asks them why would they ask such a thing. They hesitantly told her that she has tear stains on her face. 

"Oh," she says turning away, wiping them, "she simply told me to not lose my smile." She says, followed by a soft chuckle. She lets go of Felicita and walks inside. Felicita's eyes follow her, knowing that Angelica was hiding something. Perhaps she said the truth, but only half of it.

"By the way, Shandor came home all by himself! That's why I was worried!" Felicita calls after Angelica. 

"Okay. Well, he has always been aware of his surroundings." replies Angelica, glancing back at Felicita before she continued on.

Her footsteps echoed down the empty hall as she was nearing her room later on. She looks out the window and notices that the blue night sky was clear with many twinkling stars with the moon glowing radiantly. Her ears could hear the faint chirps of crickets. She smiles from its comfort. Then she quietly recalls her encounter with her friend, Cecilly.

****Flash back****

"Where have you been all this time?" asks the pink-haired girl, letting go of Angelica.

Angelica sighs, "I decided to separate from you guys in case the'd come after me."

"I see. But you shouldn't have done so!"

"They did run after me! I didn't want you guys to get caught again. . . How are the others?"

"We separated ways, too. . . I haven't seen any of them since. I hope that there okay," she says looking down,"Well, at least I finally get to see you again after all these years!" Cecilly exclaims, looking back at Angelica. Her filled with joy.

Angelica chuckles. She glances back at the ocean. The breeze gently stroking her hair. The song of the seagulls in her ears. She closes her eyes, feeling happy to see her dear friend.

"So, you're that girl Pace talked about." says Cecilly, interrupting Angelica.

"Huh?"

"He told me that there was a new FEMALE member," she says, chuckling, "I never thought that it'd be you."

Angelica sighs, "They were insisting. Well, this job seems to be more worthwhile than just telling people their future. And not all are happy or satisfied."

"Angelica. . . Are you trying to hide your true self?" Says Cecilly, changing the subject. Angelica becomes surprised at her sudden question.

"Where did you get that idea?" Cecilly only looks at her with pitiful eyes. Concerned about her friend.

"You don't have to be afraid of being too nice, you know." She says, "Just be you."

"I just. . ." Stammers Angelica, "I don't want anyone to find out."

Cecilly sighs, "Well, at least keep your smile on and perhaps they won't bother asking you anything," She says, "But if you keep that up they might just continue and wonder, until the--"

"Until they'd eventually ask," says Angelica, "Don't worry the only problem would be Felicita."

********

The silence was broken by the sound of footsteps and she turned to the direction of it. 

"Ah. Angelica," says the silver-haired Debito in a flirtatious manner, "Felicita was looking for you."

"Yeah, I met her at the gate earlier," replies Angelica ignoring the his behavior, "That girl is very kind to worry about a stranger like me." She continues. Debito was taken aback at her statement. Wondering why she still considered herself a stranger in the household. 

"A-are you alright?" says Debito with concern when he notices her wipe away a tear from her eye. 

"N-no it's nothing," she says, "Thank you for worrying about me." Debito continues to wonder why Angelica seems to see that the fact that people worry about her is a big thing. Always thanking them for worrying about her. Almost as if she isn't used with people worrying about her. Forget flirting with her, she's got some issues to be dealt with. But he found it in heart that ignoring her was not going to be easy.

"Wait. This might get interesting." Debito thought. Angelica turns away and recalls her mother's words to her when she was still a little girl.

****Angelinca's flashback****

"My daughter. . . Remember that a smile can turn away wrath and pain. . . Never let your smile fade away. Even when times can be harsh, but remember. . . It is the way of life. Everyone will have their trials and triumphs. Their ups and downs. It is only natural," a beautiful woman with hair as black as ebony. Her eyes as twinkling like stars. She held her daughter's hand like she will never let her go, "Even when people hurt you. . . Don't hate them for it. . . Instead, pity them for their confused state. For no one is truly evil. They can always change. Do you understand,  my little angel? Can you do it for me? Can you keep smiling and make your mama happy?" She takes her daughter and carries her in her arms.

"Yes, mama." The girl says, "Because I want you to be happy!" She eagerly continues. Her mother smiles and laughs softly. She embraces her daughter. Not wanting to ever let go.

****End of Flashback****

"I will not disappoint you, Mother." Mutters Angelica.

"W-what? Did you say something, Angelica?" Asks Debito, surprised at Angelica. He notices her smile a little before turning to him.

"One single act of kindness will always return back to you." She says and walks away. Leaving Debito to wonder. He didn't try to stop her. His eyes simply watch her disappear down the hall.

********

"Oh, Isabella. Again??" Exclaims a maid at the sight of broken glass pieces all over the floor, "That's the fifth time three days you know!" She scolds with her knuckles one her hips. The younger maid sighs in frustration.

"I'm sorry, Mariella. I don't know what's up with me lately." She says, followed by a sigh. Mariella sighs as well and decides to not be so hard on her fellow maid.

"Let's just clean it up quickly." She says and they quickly did when Angelica suddenly comes in while carrying some plates on her hands. They become surprised at the sight of it because no member has actually brought their plates to the kitchen before.

"Angelica! What are you doing here? You should've just let us do the work." Cries Donatella, running to Angelica. It's been a week since Angelica came to the mansion. And so far, there has been no attacks or warnings, much to Mama and Papa's relief.

"No, it's alright. You ladies are only a small bunch. You take care of the huge mansion everyday--" says Angelica, walking pass Donatella and to the sink,"--and all by yourselves. It's the least I could do." She continues, taking off her gloves and removes her coat, rolling up her undershirt (polo). The maids just watched her start washing the dishes. Isabella smiles at Angelica for her kindness, "By the way. . . the food was delicious!" She says addressing the cook who was heading to her quarters.

"Hoho, thank you. Glad you enjoyed it, Angelica." replies the cook. She waves them good night and leaves. It wasn't long until Luca suddenly comes in.

"Isabella, have you seen--oh, Angelica! Why are you--" he says, but suddenly turns to the maids, "What is the meaning of this?? Letting our new member wash the dishes??"

"No, no, Luca!" Says Angelica waving her hands, "I simply wanted to help them out a bit," she says turning back to the dishes, "They are always cleaning, washing, and arranging things all by themselves. It is the least I could do," she says then pauses, "I suggest that you better start looking for more maids. These three shouldn't do everything all by themselves."

"Angelica. . ." Says the maids. They were in awe of her considerate nature. She seemed different from the night before. Very different from her scary, indirectly taunting self.

"Alright, then. I'll help too." Says Luca, taking off his coat and gloves. Angelica watches him in surprise as he rolls up his sleeves and tales some aprons from the cabinet, "Allow me." He says as he put an apron around her waist. The maids notice that she didn't blush at all. (If you notice anime girls usually blush at these kinds of moments.)

He puts on an apron and starts washing the dishes, side by side Angelica. She just smiles and continues alongside him.

"Did you notice? Debito hasn't been calling Milady--" says Luca, starting a conversation with the new girl.

"Milady?" Interrupts Angelica. Surprised.

"Oh. That's what I call Felicita."

"Ah. .   I see. Please continue."

"Debito stopped calling Milady 'Bambina'." Says Luca. (Bambina means 'child' in Italian.)

"Good," Luca glances at Angelica in surprise, "Because she is far from being a child. She is growing up to be a fine young lady."

"You make yourself sound old," laughs Luca, "You're not far from her age. . . How old are you?" He asks. Suspicious that she might actually be an old hag in disguise. Why not? She disguised herself as a gypsy, did she not?

"I'm 23." She says, laughing.

"Are you serious?"

"What? How old did you expect me to be?" She says in a joking manner.

"21."

"Hahaha!! Is that supposed to be a compliment, Luca?" She says. Luca smiles at the sound of her laughter. People usually laugh at his being pathetic and obsession of Milady. Maybe. . . not anymore.

"It depends on you of how you would see it."

"I take it as a compliment then." She says smiling at him. He blushes, but manages to smile back at the girl.

"Ladies, have you seen--oh there you are, Luca! Hello, Angelica!" Says Pace, rushing into the kitchen, "You two are washing?" He continues.

"Yeah."

"Then I'll help out, too." He quickly says without a second thought and grabs a towel, wiping the newly washed dishes, "How long have you two been here?"

"I arrived a moment ago. But Angelica was here earlier than I was." Luca replies.

"I see. . . You should've told me. We could have finished earlier." Says Pace, cheerful as always. Mostly. The two others laugh and Pace laughs along as well. They agreed that if they ever wash the dishes again, they'd tell him. So, the three stayed and chatted the whole time until there was nothing was left to wash. Their being together was the start of a wonderful friendship.

"Hey, Angelica," says Pace a moment later. They had cleaned up the kitchen already and are now hitting the hay for the night, "Don't worry about last night. I'm totally over it now."

"That's good to hear. Good night." Replies Angelica, truning away while waving to Pace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 179 42
Book 1 of Ruthless Series A Dark Mafia Romance... Serena Alfero In world of Mafia you don't live, You survive. I survived but I wish...
28.5K 906 41
The life of a gipsy has always been difficult. She knows this to be true. Every day is just another struggle for survival. The pain of losing one's e...
49.1K 1.7K 47
DISCLAIMER: PICTURES ARE FROM PINTEREST BUT AESTHETICS ARE MADE BY ME. *Spinoff to lost in the darkness but can be read as stand alone!* Dante Denaro...
9.7K 572 25
[YOU MAY OR MAY NOT READ THE FIRST BOOK. YOUR CHOICE, BUT I GUARANTEE THAT THIS BOOK IS BETTER WRITTEN THAN THE OTHER.] A few months prior to the eve...