Don't Tell My Boss I Work As...

Inmila tarafından

(Y/N) (L/N) is the secretary for the famous pro-duelist Aster Phoenix for two years. She isn't well-liked in... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 {Secretary By Day and Maid By Night}
Chapter 2 {Serving Your Boss}
Chapter 3 {Keep this Secret Between Us}
Chapter 4 {Getting Even With Your Boss}
Chapter 5 {Overworking Yourself}
Chapter 6 {Stalker}
Chapter 7 {Hangout with a Celebrity}
Chapter 8 {Reconnecting A Childhood Friend}
Chapter 9 {Confront Someone In Need}
Chapter 10 {Assist A Higher Up}
Chapter 11 {Destress Conversation}
Chapter 12 {Being Your Boss's Personal Tailor}
Chapter 13 {Discussing Outfits}
Chapter 14 {Attention Seeker}
Chapter 15 {Neighbors}
Chapter 17 {Rivalry For Love}
Chapter 18 {Find An Outfit to Impress}
Chapter 19 {Restraining A Complicated Relationship}
Chapter 20 {Meeting an Overprotective Father}

Chapter 16 {Dealing With Envy}

141 8 5
Inmila tarafından

A/N: Hey guys this is chapter sixteen so enjoy! 😊

(Y/N) panicked as Aster came in unexpectedly. Jesse looked back at (Y/N) as he doesn't know what's going on.

"Aster, I didn't expect you to come in early." (Y/N) said stood up from her seat.

"I thought so too and it looks like I came in the wrong time." Aster said glaring at (Y/N).

'I'm so f**k.' (Y/N) ponder herself nervous about Aster's reaction.

"Hey, Aster it's been a while." Jesse said with a smile

"Same to you." Aster said in a monotone.

"You can join us since we're all friends." Jesse said signaling him to sit on the booth.

Aster sigh as he quietly sat down next to Jesse.

"Why are you here? Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Aster asked with an attitude.

"Well, I wanted to hang out with Bella since it's the only time she's available. She is a busy person having two jobs." Jesse replied.

"Oh is that so?" Aster said glared at (Y/N) who's rubbing her arm.

"Yup, I thought to make her job as a maid less stressful. She's really fun to talk with." Jesse said.

"You're being too nice." (Y/N) said smiling by his kindness.

"I'm not Bella." Jesse said.

"How did you two become friends?" Aster asked curiously.

"I was invited by Jaden to hang out in the cafe. We just settled down but Jaden left because of an interview. Luckily, Bella was there to talk to me and we get along pretty well. Since then I come in to visit Bella." Jesse replied.

'Jaden, you idiot!' Aster pondered himself annoyed that his friend caused this mess.

"Yeah, but it was sometimes... if Jesse has time." (Y/N) said reassuring Aster.

"By the way, Bella. Thanks for the blackberry pie yesterday, it was delicious." Jesse said turning to the maid.

'She made him a pie?!' Aster pondered himself irritated by this.

"*nervously laughed* It's no problem, I tried to make it the best I could." (Y/N) said didn't want to rub it in front of Aster.

"No, it's so tasty and it's the best pie I ever had." Jesse said happily.

"I wouldn't say it's the best. I don't know if it wasn't sweet enough." (Y/N) said.

"Don't be modest, the pie was so sweet like you." Jesse said flirting with her.

'Really?! He flirting with Bella right in front of me?!' Aster pondered himself as his anger grew.

"*giggles* Thanks for the compliment Jesse." (Y/N) said blushing a bit.

'Great, she accepted it.' Aster pondered himself as he rolled his eyes.

"Can you teach me? So that my pies can be yummy as yours." Jesse asked.

"Sure, I would love to. Just try not to burn it like how Jaden burn the chicken." (Y/N) said teasing him.

"*laughs* I won't. Trust me, I'm a fast learner so it won't be a problem. You could say I'll be your favorite student." Jesse said.

'Ugh, he's trying to impress her and it's annoying.' Aster pondered himself tapping the table with his index finger.

"*giggles* We'll see about that." (Y/N) said smiling at Jesse.

"Follow your instructions will make the food great. Isn't that right, Aster?" Jesse said turning to him.

"I can't tell because I never tried anything she makes." Aster replied coldly.

"*chuckles nervously* Oh, I didn't know that." Jesse said which made him and (Y/N) nervous.

"How was your guy's day?" (Y/N) asked trying to bring Aster into the conversation.

"Great! I met some people at the apartment complex. They're nice and friendly people." Jesse replied.

"That's good to hear. I hope they won't be a bother with your situation." (Y/N) said.

"Oh no, I told them to not tell anyone where I lived and giving me privacy. They listen which is good for me, so I don't have to worry about being watched." Jesse said.

"Where is this apartment you're living in now, Jesse?" Aster asked in a monotone tone.

"It's near the cafe within walking distance which is easier for me to visit Bella." Jesse said.

'Great, I'll be seen him bothering Bella more often.' Aster ponders himself as he didn't like the idea that Jesse will be around the cafe just to see Bella.

"Nice to know that you move to another place." Aster said in a cold tone.

"What about you, Aster?" Jesse asked

"It's ok, I guess." Aster said with an attitude.

"Oh come on, you can tell us." Jesse said to want to help his friend.

"Don't know, if I would tell because it might bother you." Aster said as he stood up.

'Oh great, he's annoyed and he might leave.' (Y/N) ponder herself walking closer to Aster.

"Aster, wha..." (Y/N) stop midsentence when Aster grab (Y/N)'s wrist.

"Excuse us, Jesse. We need to talk privately." Aster said taking (Y/N) to the kitchen door.

They both headed upstairs as no one was there. Aster let go of her wrists as he crossed his arms. He's in front of (Y/N) giving her a cold expression.

"Can you explain to me, what was that?" Aster asked scolded her.

'*sigh* I knew this was going to happen.' (Y/N) ponder herself.

"You're asking about Jesse." (Y/N) said softly.

"Yes, I knew you been hiding something from me." Aster said

Flashback Ten Minutes Ago

Aster got out of his car and walked towards the cafe. He didn't want to lie (Y/N) but he knows that she's hiding something or someone. He came inside and was about to head to the private room until he heard giggling.

"It's that Bella." Aster said as he opens the curtain.

His eyes widen to see (Y/N) with Jesse and having a good time with him. He wasn't happy that (Y/N) lied about him. What's worst about it is the fact that she's been seeing one of his friends. He didn't like the idea that they're awful close to one and another.

'Why did she lied to me? She never told me about Jesse.' Aster pondering himself

"*giggles* You have funny stories Jesse." (Y/N) said smiling.

This triggers him as he quickly went inside. (Y/N) eyes were focused on Jesse.

"I still have more to make you laugh and see your cute smile." Jesse said which made her blushed.

'Is he flirting? Bella enjoys it!' Aster pondering himself as his jealousy grew.

"Bella" Aster said as (Y/N) expression changed and slowly turned to see him.

End of Flashback

"No, it's not like that. Aster please, I didn't want you to think that I was toying you." (Y/N) said trying to explain to him.

"You lied to me." Aster said.

"I knew you'll lose it if you found out that I been talking to Jesse." (Y/N) said.

"Then why didn't you tell me?" Aster asked raising his voice.

"Because you're short temper and easily get jealous." (Y/N) replied.

"Excuse me, what?!" Aster yelled.

"There, I said it." (Y/N) said her eyes were looking another direction.

"I'm not a hot head or jealous." Aster said angrily.

"Yes, you are Aster. The whole time in the conversation, you acted cold towards Jesse and didn't like it when he makes me laugh or compliments me." (Y/N) said looking back at him.

"I wasn't." Aster denying her statement.

"Not only you're making it a big deal. You're being a jerk to your friend who has been nothing wrong but being friendly towards you the whole time. Why do you care if I never mentioned to Jesse?" (Y/N) asked getting fed up by his stubbornness.

"I told you specifically if you see someone familiar in the past two weeks and you said no." Aster said.

"This is so stupid, you're acting immature like a possessive boyfriend but we're not even dating." (Y/N) said crossing her arms.

"Maybe if you didn't lie to me, we wouldn't be having this argument. I don't like you being alone with Jesse and flirty towards him." Aster said coldly.

"Flirty? Are you kidding me?! You can't trust me being alone with Jesse?!" (Y/N) yelled at him.

"No, I just think it's better if you spend time with other people like your cousin Alexis, or your friends like Blair and Jasmine." Aster said.

"Oh I see, you don't want me hanging out with other guys much less a small talk. Is that it?!" (Y/N) said.

"No, you talk to other guys like Atticus or Jaden." Aster said which this tick her off.

"That's two guys and neither of them is strangers because one is my cousin and the other is dating my other cousin." (Y/N) said with annoyance.

"That's because I trust them." Aster said.

"Excuse me? Since when you get to decide who I should hang out with? Whenever you like it or not, I'm still going to talk to Jesse." (Y/N) said as Aster lost his patience.

"Alright fine, if you prefer to hang out with Jesse then me. I'll leave you alone with him." Aster said went back downstairs.

"I never said that!" (Y/N) yelled as it upset her.

In the private room, Jesse was still sitting eating his burger. He waited for them to come out of the kitchen. It's wasn't long as he saw Aster storm out from the door. Jesse noticed that he was piss and watch him leave the cafe. Then (Y/N) came out from the kitchen. She crossed her arms and expressed anger. Jesse knows that something happens between them.

"Agr! That jerk, the nerve of him!" (Y/N) said as tears are coming out from her eyes.

Jesse quickly got up and walked towards (Y/N). He pulls her towards him as her head was on his chest. Jesse hugged her and he patted her head to comfort the maid.

"Hey hey, don't cry Bella." Jesse said gently wipe her tears

"He's such a prick." (Y/N) said as Jesse softly touch her cheek.

"What happened?" Jesse asked with a worried looked.

"We were fighting because Aster didn't like you talking to me. He lost his temper and lash it out on me." (Y/N) answer.

"I had a feeling that I wasn't welcome." Jesse said having his hand off of her cheek.

"It's not your fault Jesse. I didn't want to end up like this." (Y/N) said sadly.

"You really didn't want to hurt Aster." Jesse said.

"No, especially after his ex begged him to get back together again." (Y/N) said.

"Rachel?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, he didn't want to deal with her. I lied and never told him about you." (Y/N) explained.

"I think I know why he lost his temper. It reminded him when he saw Rachel cheated on him." Jesse said.

"Saw?" (Y/N) asked in confusion.

"Yeah, he learned about it the hard way. Jaden told me that Aster saw Rachel with another man going to a hotel. I don't know what happened but when Jaden asked Aster about it, he lost it and yelled at Jaden." Jesse explained.

"So nobody knows what happened in the hotel?" (Y/N) asked as she didn't know it was worse than she thought.

"Nope, Aster never told anyone what he witnessed." Jesse replied.

"Oh, he still hasn't got over it." (Y/N) said feeling remorse.

"I'm afraid so." Jesse said.

"I'm such an idiot. I should have told him sooner." (Y/N) said.

"Hey don't be hard on yourself. You shouldn't take the blame for someone else's mistakes." Jesse said trying to cheer him up.

"I know but I hurt him." (Y/N) said wiping her tears.

"Maybe but he shouldn't let his temper get the best of him." Jesse said.

"Thanks, Jesse." (Y/N) said.

Jesse smiled softly after (Y/N) stop crying and he let her go. He didn't want to make things worse for (Y/N) but need to ask her about Aster.

"Bella, have you been seeing Aster?" Jesse said still in confusion.

"*sigh* Yes, but it's not what you think. We're friends and he comes in to spend time with me like you." (Y/N) said.

"How long have you been talking to him?" Jesse asked.

"Two months." (Y/N) said.

"So then yesterday when you took me upstairs and left me alone for two hours. You were hanging out with Aster and hiding me from him?" Jesse asked.

"Umm... yyy... yes. I'm so sorry." (Y/N) said.

"*sigh* Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Jesse asked.

"III... I was afraid... that you would be... mad at me. I didn't want to cause any problems and you two are friends. So I keep quiet." (Y/N) said.

"Bella, no. I wouldn't be mad at you for talking to Aster. I understand you want to avoid conflict between us but you shouldn't lie to me." Jesse said.

"I'm sorry." (Y/N) said.

"Just let me know next time, ok?" Jesse said.

"Ok, thank you Jesse." (Y/N) said hugging him tightly.

Jesse was caught off guard and stood still. He felt his heart beating faster and feeling his cheeks hot. He ended up hugging her back.

While Jesse and (Y/N) hugged, the others watched from the kitchen door. They know everything that happened from the fighting upstairs to embrace hug in the private room.

"Well, that escalated quickly." Blair said.

"Yeah, but I didn't expect that Aster would found out sooner." Jasmine said.

"This gets interesting, especially when he doesn't know that Jesse is (Y/N)'s neighbor." Atticus said.

"Oh dear, this might get ugly." Cinder said.

"Yeah, especially when they're friends. I don't know what will (Y/N) do now." Blair said.

Time-Skip to Next Day at the Office

Around the afternoon, Mindy and (Y/N) were heading back from their meeting. Mindy notices that (Y/N) acted differently today. She had a dull expression and stay silent the whole time. She followed her friend as they both went into (Y/N)'s office. Mindy closes the door and lock it for no interruptions from anyone. She turns around to see (Y/N) sat down and typing on her laptop. Mindy walked towards (Y/N) with a concerned look.

"Hey, you ok (Y/N)? You be quiet the whole time." Mindy asked.

"I'm fine." (Y/N) said.

"Did something happen yesterday?" Mindy asked sitting down on the chair in front of her.

"No." (Y/N) lied.

"(Y/N) I know you're lying. You stay quiet the whole time and ignore everyone. You didn't even look at Aster or respond when he talked to you." Mindy said as (Y/N) stop typing.

"*sigh* Aster saw me with Jesse alone and we had a huge fight." (Y/N) said looking at Mindy.

"Geez, in front of Jesse?" Mindy asked.

"No." (Y/N) said.

"How did it happen?" Mindy asked.

"Well, he didn't like that Jesse was very talkative towards me. He was fed up with Jesse flirting and complimenting me that he took me to another room. He just lashes his anger out on me and next thing to know we fought." (Y/N) explained.

"He didn't take it well did he?" Mindy asked.

"No, Aster left after the fight. I know what I did was wrong but it's frustrating." (Y/N) said.

"To be fair, you lied but he shouldn't yell at you. It's not like you're his girlfriend. He needs to understand that he's not going to be the only guy you can talk to." Mindy said.

"I know but he's so stubborn and he was being a jerk to Jesse." (Y/N) said.

"It might be hard given his last relationship, but he needs to deal with his anger and jealousy. Just talk to him, ok?" Mindy said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks Mindy." (Y/N) said smiling as Mindy nodded.

Meanwhile, Aster is in his office reading the reports. He kept thinking about yesterday at the cafe. It bothered him as he and (Y/N) fought. Aster had reason to be angry and felt that he was the third wheeled. Sartorius came in, to check up on him for concern.

"Aster is everything alright? You seem upset when you came in." Sartorius asked closing the door.

"Upset?" Aster said raising an eyebrow.

"Aster, I knew you since childhood. I can tell when you're upset and you can't lie to me." Sartorius said walking towards him.

"*sigh* Bella and I fought last night." Aster said.

"The two of you fought, but why?" Sartorius asked.

"She lied to me. I saw her with Jesse and never told me about him." Aster said.

"Jesse?" Sartorius said.

"Yeah, he was flirting with Bella the whole time I was there. It's was so annoying that I took Bella to the other room. I told her that she should have told me that she was talking to Jesse. Then we exchange few words and we ended up arguing. I was fed up with it and left." Aster explained.

'My prediction was right but I never expected to be Jesse?' Sartorius ponders himself remembering that he read (Y/N)'s future.

"Mmm... did she say anything that may insult you?" Sartorius asked.

"She said I was jealous, short temper, and being a jerk to Jesse." Aster replied.

"I can see why she may lie to you." Sartorius said.

"What?!" Aster yelled as Sartorius tried to him calm down.

"Hear me out, does Bella know anything about your issues with the last relationship you been in?" Sartorius asked.

"Yes? Where are you getting at?" Aster asked.

"She may have been hiding it to avoid you getting hurt or fear that you'll jump to conclusions. Knowing you personally, you would jump to conclusions and let your anger get the best of you." Sartorius said.

"Wow, way for you to help me. Thank you." Aster said with sarcasm.

"Aster, I'm telling you this a close friend. Your actions made the situation worse. Tell me, did she apologize to you for lying?" Sartorius asked.

"Yes, before we fought." Aster replied.

"Then you scolded her for talking to another man which lead to an argument. Aster, you shouldn't let your jealously and anger get the best of you. I know it's difficult for you especially when an ex-lover came back into your life. Understand that you need to have more faith in Bella. She must have been upset that you don't have complete trust in her." Sartorius explained.

"It's not that I don't trust Bella, I just... don't want to feel the same pain again." Aster said remembering the feeling when he walked into a hotel room.

"I believe she'll understand, but you need to apologize to her." Sartorius said.

"I will tonight." Aster said as it made Sartorius smiled.

They hear the knock on the door. Sartorius went to open the door to see Derek.

"Sorry for interrupting Mr. Phoenix and Sartorius but Jaden Yuki is here to visit." Derek said

"Let him in." Aster said as Derek moved aside to let Jaden walked in.

"Hey, Aster and Sartorius." Jaden said with a smile.

"Hello, Jaden." Sartorius greeted him.

"Jaden, why are you here?" Aster asked.

"I just wanted to drop by to invite you two." Jaden replied.

"An invitation?" Sartorius asked.

"Yeah, I want to ask if you guys wanted to come by the new sushi restaurant that just opened up. If you're not busy right now?" Jaden asked.

"Jaden, I'm working right now." Aster said.

"Really? You don't seem busy and by the looks of it, you're talking with Sartorius." Jaden said in confusion.

"Because he's my manager." Aster replied with annoyance.

"So, are you coming?" Jaden asked.

"Of course, we'll gladly come with you." Sartorius replied thinking that this might take Aster's mind off of (Y/N).

"Great!" Jaden said happily.

"Wait, Sartorius we had lunch two hours ago." Aster said.

"He's offered us an invite and also there's not much work. We may have all the coworkers to leave early just  for today." Sartorius said.

"Come on Aster. It will be fun and I rented a private room and paying the food." Jaden said trying to convince him.

"*sigh* Fine, Derek tell the others that they should go home early." Aster gave in as Jaden was happy to hear his response.

"Yes, sir." Derek said as they headed out of the office.

The three men left the company and walked together. Aster and Sartorius followed Jaden as he knows where it is. They arrive at the restaurant and went inside. They headed to a private room and opened the door as the other guys were there. Aster's expression changed when he noticed Jesse as he was talking to Atticus and Chazz. He wasn't pleased to see him, especially after yesterday. Jesse turned to see Aster with Sartorius and Jaden. Needless to say, he wasn't fond of Jaden inviting Aster to the restaurant. Their eyes meant as the room went silent and tension grew between them.

A/N: That's the end of chapter sixteen. So what do you think about this chapter and comment down below. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day. Bye! 😊

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.6K 35 28
Y/n is a Slifer red student with a passion for dueling, being the toughest person in the academy and standing up for others. But when a certain perso...
13.7K 347 14
THIS FANFICTION IS COMPLETE! ENJOY!! You are a young person on the run from the people you work for. You worked for a powerful person, but you know n...
2.1K 27 13
(Y/n) is, Hiyori's best friend since childhood she hang with Hiyori all the time. Due to an accident that happened Hiyori Iki is transformed into a h...
548 23 18
Forgotten A story of three orphans struggling to get adopted. One day our main character (y/n) happens to get adopted first before her fellow friend...