Spain's Brightest (Patri Guij...

By realhc5

Patri Guijarro is Spain and Barcelona's up and coming star. Patri's life is better than she could've hoped. B... More

Horrible
Get It Clear
Open Up
Worth Moving
Read
Road Trip
The Reason
Next Time
Of Course Not
Try It
Run
Break
A Girl
In the Stands
Work Out
Meant To
Perfect For Me
Time Waster
Problems
Awkward Patri
Assemble
Always Here
New Life
Something Missing
Voices
What She Has
Straight to Voicemail
Better Off
Always You
Answers
Whole Again
Healing
Running
Fall Apart
Not Important Enough
Bodyguard
Get There
Interrupted
Space
Property
Threaten
Find Her
Unbreakable Bond
Do It Again
Pity Party
Home First
Baby Steps
Worth Fighting For
Anything For You
Be Alone
A Mistake
Getting Tired
Need You
A Break
Then Nothing
Poor Girl
I Love You Too
Just Us
A Little Longer
Remember
It's Patri
Any of You
I Get It
Here Now
My Girl
To Myself
A Duo
More Than Before
Other Couples
My Partner
Officially
Doing This
Been There
Partnership
Threaten
Respect
I Do
Reach Out
The End

Hard Part

2.7K 69 6
By realhc5

Jessica's POV:

I sat on the couch wrapped in Patri's arms. "I'm here." She kept whispering to me. 

"You can't hide forever. Who sent that Jess?" Lola asked.

"I don't know." I closed my eyes. "I don't think it'd be my adoptive parents. They aren't that stupid. Let me look at the number." I took my phone. 

"Recognize it?"

I shook my head. "No. I don't."

"Let me call it." Lola said typing the number into her phone. She called it and waited. 

"Hello?" She put the call on speaker.

"Hi, I'm looking for Javier." She said.

"That's my cousin." The person said. "Sorry, he's deceased."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. It's just I received a text from this number and thought it was Javier. I haven't spoken to him in some time, but now I know why." 

"Must've been a mistake."

"Probably." She said and hung up. 

"Javier has a cousin?" Leila asked.

"Yeah. He was like his right hand." I sighed. "I met him a few times but he was always too high to remember anyone." I shook my head. "I never should've taken this job." I whispered. "My name is back out there, people are finding me." I started to panic.

"Jess." Patri put her hands on my face. "I'm going to protect you."

"You can't protect me from this, Patri. My adoptive parents, Javier's family? You can't protect me, Patri. You can't."

"What are you going to do? Run?"

"Yes. That's all I can do." I looked at her. "If they come for me, they'll come for anyone I'm around. If something happens to you Patri I wouldn't be able to live with myself." I put my hand on her face. "You're too good to be involved in this."

"Where are you going to go?" Jenni asked. 

"I can't tell you." I said. "Just trust me."

Patri looked down. "I don't want you to go." She whispered.

"It's better this way. I care about you too much to let something happen to you."

Patri's POV:

Over the next fews days, Jess started getting everything together to leave. We had no idea where she was going, but she said she'd be safe there. She talked with her lawyer about the restraining order, and they were looking into Javier's cousin. 

But they also agreed that leaving Spain would be the safest option for Jess right now. So that's what she was doing.

"Atletico Madrid news. The team will be without trainer Jessica Rodriguez. The team granted her a medical leave a few months ago and have announced that it will go until the end of the season. All of us here wish her the best and hope to see her back on the sidelines soon."

I looked at Leila. "Why does it feel like I didn't do enough?"

"Because you're too hard on yourself." She sat next to me. "Look. Whatever she's wrapped in right now, it's bad. Life on the line bad. And as much as you want to stay by her side and protect her, you can't. I'm sorry Patri but there are things in this world that you can't protect people from. This is something that has to go this way. It's going to hurt to see Jess leave, but it's going to be so amazing when she comes back home and is safe. It's going to break my heart to see you hurting, little sis. But one day you'll look back and know that this was the right choice for everyone." I nodded and rested my head on her shoulder. "I know I can't fill the hole she's leaving behind, but I'm going to be here for you."

"Thanks, Leila." I mumbled.

"Always." 

Jessica's POV:

"I don't want you to go!" Carmen held onto me.

"I don't want to go. But this is to keep everyone safe."

"Why don't you just get in a car with this one." Lola smirked.

Carmen covered her face.

"You know what? Because I appreciate how hard you try, I'm going to allow that one." 

"I try hard, but that tree you hit tried harder."

"Ok." I shook my head. "Is that everything?" I looked around. 

"You are packed for 3 months." Carmen sighed. "Which is how long you're going to be gone." She pouted.

"You'll be fine." I put my hand on her shoulder. "I promise." 

"I say we kill this dude and get it over with." She shrugged.

"Carmen!" Lola yelled.

"What! I'm losing a friend! Do NOT mess with me right now."

I slowly backed away from her.

"We're killing him?" Laia peaked in.

"No!" I yelled.

"But why not!" She stomped her foot. "I don't want you to go!"

I sighed into my hands. "Please don't make this harder. If this is how you guys are acting then I don't even want to see Patri." I looked at Lola. 

"Yeah that's gonna be tough." She put her hands in her pockets. "You two help me load up the car." She looked at Carmen and Laia. "We'll meet you outside."

"Thanks." I smiled and looked around. "I knew coming back to Madrid was a bad idea." I sighed. "But hopefully I'll be back soon." 

Patri's POV:

I stood at the airport and looked for Lola's car. "Here they come." Alexia said.

"I can't do this." I shook my head. "I can't."

"Patri." Jenni grabbed me. "It sucks, but you have to let her go. Not forever, but for right now." 

I saw them walking toward us. "You stay safe out there." Virginia hugged her. "You've done so much for us as players, looked out for us, made sure we were all ok, physically and mentally. Come back soon alright?" She nodded. 

"Stay out of trouble, yeah?" 

Vir laughed. She said bye to Jenni and Alexia and stopped in front of Leila. 

Jessica's POV

"I need a favor." I said.

"Anything." Leila answered. 

I pulled her away from everyone. "Patri. I really care about her. She's part of the reason why I'm going away. If I stay here, she'll be by my side every second and that puts her in as much danger as me."

"I know."

"Keep an eye on her. I know you two are close so just, keep her on the right track. Don't let her lose herself." 

"I won't. You have my word."

"Thank you." I reached into my backpack. "And in about a week, give her this." I handed her an envelope. 

"I will. Come back soon." She hugged me. "I'll look out for her till you do. I promise."

"Thank, Leila. Seriously, thank you."

I looked at Patri and sighed. "Can you walk inside with me?"

"Of course." She took my suitcase. 

"This is what's best." I looked at everyone. "Hopefully, we'll see each other again soon. Try not to miss me too much." I smirked.

"I miss you already." Carmen said with her arms wrapped around Lola. I looked at Lola who nodded. 

Patri reached for my hand and I took it, walking into the airport with her. "I wish it could've been different." I said. "But I spent so much time running from my past. It finally caught up with me. I said that I finally caught a break, that you were my break. That's still true, Patri. I really like you."

"I-"

"Let me finish." I smiled. "And I know you like me too. But I don't know how long I'll be gone, could be 3 months, could be longer." I shrugged. "I know you're going to say you'll wait for me, and that's sweet. But if you meet someone as amazing as you, give it a chance. I just want you to be happy. Ok?"

"Ok but I doubt I'll find anyone worth my time." She smiled. "You're all I want in this world. Even if that same world is trying so hard to keep us apart." 

I looked at the time. "I have to go." I whispered and rested my head on her shoulder. "I hate goodbyes."

"Then don't say goodbye." She said. She put her hand under my chin and lifted my head. "I'll see you soon." She said. She leaned in and slowly kissed me. Then she rested her head on my forehead. "Come back soon so I can do that again, ok?"

"Ok." I whispered. I took my suitcase and started to walk away. "I'll see you around, Patri." She waved. "I'll miss the awkwardness."

"I'll save it for you." 

Patri's POV:

I watched Jess disappear into the crowd and then walked out. 

"You alright?" Leila asked putting her arm around me. I shook my head. "Let's get you home." 

A beautiful reunion in The World matched with a tragic departure. Don't hate me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.4K 860 36
Lucia Torres, a young, ambitious pro volleyball player meets Pablo Gavi after moving to Barcelona to pursue her dream. Can Lucia handle the pressure...
356K 9.1K 80
Mapi Leon. Star defender for FC Barcelona and the Spanish National team. Mariana dos Santos. Break out forward for Sporting CP and the Portuguese Nat...
70K 3.4K 21
ALEXIA PUTELLAS ! - When Alexia Putellas needs a new manager, Isabella Cruz steps up-unbeknownst of the journey that lies ahead. 🥇 #alexiaputella...
77.6K 986 57
What happens when you unknowingly fall in love with a famous Spanish soccer player? After a painful senior year of college in the United States, Mae...