The End

This is the FINAL chapter of Spain's Brightest!

Jess and Patri's story has come to an end.

There will not be a sequel to this story.

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoy!

March 2026

Patri's POV:

"My wedding is tomorrow!" Carmen smiled.

"How mad at me would you be if I wasn't at your wedding?" Jess said.

"I'd be very pissed off. But you're going to be at my wedding." She stared at her.

"Well."

"Jess?"

"No one panic." She looked around. "But I'm pretty sure my water just broke."

I jumped up. "Pretty sure?"

She waited. "Yeah no I'm completely sure. Patri my water just broke."

"Let's go." I got Jess and we went to the car.

We drove to the hospital and they got her into a room.

"Looks like this baby is only a few weeks early." The doctor said. "Which is fine, it happens." She nodded. "Guess this little baby couldn't wait to meet their parents."

"Should've waited another week." Jess sighed. "My best friend is getting married tomorrow."

"Hate to say this, Mrs. Guijarro but you won't be going to a wedding tomorrow."

"This is what they get for picking me as their maid of honor."

I laughed. "I'll be in to check on your soon. Just relax." The doctor left and I held her hand.

"You alright my love?"

"Better now that I don't have to go to that wedding tomorrow." She smirked.

The door opened and Carmen walked in with Lola. "So you aren't faking it to get out of the wedding?" Lola asked.

"I'm in labor with your niece and you think I'm faking?"

"Look who I'm talking to." She crossed her arms.

"She is very much in labor." I said. "Our first child is about to fly out of there and score the best goal ever scored at Camp Nou." Jess stared at me. "I'll shut up."

Lola laughed. "Are you in pain?"

"Aren't I always." Jess closed her eyes.

"Jess." Carmen sighed.

"OH you meantly like physically. Thought you meant mentally." She looked at me. I wasn't laughing. "Damn tough crowd."

We sat and waited.

The doctor would come in, check on Jess, give an update and leave.

After waiting long hours, we finally got a good update.

"Alright mom, it's time to push."

She looked at me. "You got this." I grabbed her hand. "And I will be right here."

"Patri's gonna pass out." Lola laughed. Jess just stared at the wall.

"I can't do this." She whispered.

"Yes you can." I smiled. "You can do anything alright? And I'm going to be right here the whole time. What do you need? Tell me and I'll get it."

She reached out her right hand. Lola grabbed it. "I'll stay." Lola said.