His Knife Her Chest

By iwrotethis888

"You are the biggest mistake of my life. I wish I would've never met you." Rage engulfed him thoroughly. Gri... More

Chapter 1 |His knife her chest|
Chapter 2 |Realization|
Chapter 3 |Sisters|
Chapter 4 |calm the storm?|
Chapter 5 |Mishandled yet again|
Chapter 6 |Misconcieved|
Chapter 7 |Too late|
Chapter 8 |Where is she?|
Chapter 9 |Broken souls|
Chapter 10 |The raw truth|
Chapter 11 |She, the bright star|
Chapter 12 |Destruction|
Chapter 13 |New plans|
Chapter 14 |She's sexy and she knows it|
Chapter 15 |An appalling revelation|
Chapter 16 |An Indian neighbor?|
Chapter 17 |The one where the sisters reunite|
Chapter 18 |Tattoos and piercings|
Chapter 19 |A Fresh start|
Chapter 20 |The much awaited moment|
Chapter 21 |Company on fire?|
Chapter 22 |The questionnaire begins|
Chapter 24 |The much awaited reunion|
Chapter 25 |A beautiful mystery|
Chapter 26 |Apologies|
Chapter 27 |Arnav's Apology|
Chapter 28 |Hugs and conversations|
Chapter 29 |Did you just roll your eyes at me?|
Chapter 30 |The Guptas discussion|
Chapter 31 |Working together with Khushi?|
Chapter 32 |Arnav investigates|
Chapter 33 |It's gonna be a bumpy ride|
Chapter 34 |The preparations begin|
Chapter 35 |The conversations start|
Chapter 36 |Zaika opens|
Chapter 37 |His hell now her heaven|
Chapter 38 |A conversation yet again!|
Chapter 39 |Iss chapter ko kya naam doon?|
Chapter 40 |Advay makes an entry|
Chapter 41 |A billion dollars and kheer|
Chapter 42 |In Arnav's arms, yet again|
Chapter 43 |Moral of the story, babe|
Chapter 44 |Reminiscing time|
Chapter 45|(1)The flashback continues|
Chapter 46 |(2)The flashback continues|
Chapter 47|(3)The flashback continues|
Chapter 48 |(4)The flashback continues|
Chapter 49 |(5)The flashback continues|
Chapter 50 |(6)The flashback continues|
Chapter 51 |(7)The flashback continues|
Chapter 52 |Back to reality and it's surprises|
Chapter 53 |An old friend makes a presence|

Chapter 23 |The one where nani and khushi talk|

8.1K 419 74
By iwrotethis888

"Hello!" Said Nani gently.

"Hello!" Came a whisper from the other end.

Everyone froze, they all had yearned for this certain voice from so long.

"Kaisi hain aap naniji?" Khushi decided to break the silence. (How are you grandma?)

"Khushi bitya aap!" Said the old women, her eyes now clouded with tears. The rest were the same story.

"Ji nani, main hi hun." She smiled, which could not be seen but was heard by the tone in her voice. (Yes it's me.)

"Khushi bitya aap se baat ker kay humray jigr mein aik dum dhandak parh gayi. Kaisi hain aap? Hum dekhay aapko tv mein aaj. Kitni kamyab hogai aap. Sab devi maiya ki kripa hai." She confessed with happiness. (Khushi my daughter, I feel so content after hearing your voice. How are you? I saw you on tv today. You've become so successful by the grace of the goddess.)

"Mujhe bhi aapse baat ker kay bohat khushi hui naniji." (I too feel really happy talking to you again!)

"Ab hum apko dekhna ka bilkul intezar nahi kar sakte. Aap jald kay jald yahan dhor kay aa jaiye. Hum aur kuch nahi sunay gay apko bas jald kay jald yahan ana paray ga." She told her sternly. (I can't wait to see you now. You come to us as soon as you can and no, I won't hear anything else than that from you.)

Khushi didn't answer for a fleeting second and stilled. Nani understood her hesitation.

"Khushi bitiya hum janath hai aap kis barey mein soch rahi hain. Apko kisi cheez ki chinta kernay ki zarurat nahi hai. Purani batein punarnay kal mein beet gayi, na hi hum unkay baarey mein sochtay hain aur na agay sochengay. Par hum apse maafi zaroor magna chahat hain kyunkay hum sab ney apko bohat dukh ponchaya hai." By now had the old lady started sobbing softly. (Khushi daughter, I know what you are thinking about. You don't have to worry about anything. Old sayings are left in the past, nor did we think about them often nor will we do in the future. But I do wanna ask for your forgiveness, for we have hurt you a lot.)

"Nahi naniji yeh kya keh rahi hain aap. Please aap rona band kijiye." She pleaded, embarrassed by how the elderly was apologizing to her. (No nani, what are you talking about. Please stop crying.)

"Hum aapse minat kertain hain kay aap humey jaldi milnay aaye. Hum apko bohat yaad karath hain." (Please come and meet me soon. I really miss you.)

"Theek hai naniji, mai aapse jaldi milnay aaungi. Jaisay hi mujhe kuch free time miley mai aa jaungi. Lekin agar yeh sab kay saath theek ho." (Ok Nani, I'll try to, as soon as I can. As soon as I get some free time I'll come visit you. But only if it's ok with the others as well.)

"Kyun nahi theek hoga yeh sab kay saath? Khushi bitya woh sab bhi apko dekhnay kay liye itnay hi utawaley hain jitnay hum hai. Aap kisi cheez ki chinta mat kijiye bas jaldi humray paas aa jayiye." (Why wouldn't they be ok with this? Khushi my daughter, everyone else is just as excited to see you as I am. You don't worry about anything, just come to me soon.)

Payal took the phone from Nani and decided to ask her. "So Miss Laila, kab ayengi aap yahan?" She asked chuckling. (So miss laila, when will you be coming to us?)

Khushi laughed at the sobriquet given to her by her sister. "I don't know jiji. Probably soon."

Everyone's heart warmed hearing the laughter of their once ebullient girl.

It took all of Arnav's willpower to stop himself from snatching the phone and talking to her, but he understood that she will get startled and would probably disconnect so he held himself back. It wouldn't matter really because he'd soon be meeting her, he consoled himself happily.

"Kal aajaun agar woh naniji kay saath theek rahega? I don't really have much to do tomorrow." Asked Khushi from her sister, not knowing that she was put on speaker. (Can I come tomorrow of its ok with naniji?)

"Haan haan Khushi bitya. Hum toh kahat hain aap abhi aa jayiye." Answered a now thrilled Nani. (Yes yes Khushi. I'd say you rather come right now.)

Khushi who was taken aback by the abrupt answer replied to her. "Aaj toh nahi naniji kyun kay meray office may aik emergency ho gayi thi toh isiliye mein usi mein busy hun lekin kal pakka." (Not today nani as I've an emergency at my office but I'll for sure come tomorrow.)

"Theek hai. Humay apka intezar rahey ga." (Alright. We'll be waiting for you.)

"Naniji tab tak khyal rakhiye ga apna." (Goodbye, take care till then.)

After an evanescent second, she cut the call.

It was like a chaos all of a sudden. They were delighted by the news. They started talking about the changes in how she conversed, how fluent her English was, how happy she sounded, most of these questions belonged to Manorama who was still in a state of shock.

Manorma was about to ask Payal, how she connected to Khushi as she never told anyone that in the past years. It was then, Anjali judged by her facial expressions what she was gonna say and elbowed her arm slightly, giving her the 'don't do it' eyes. That prevented Manorama from doing so. She decided to keep shut about that matter.

Akash told Payal to text Khushi their address as soon as possible, oblivious to the fact that she was already aware of it.

The family further talked about all the foods that they were gonna make, the sweet delicacies, etc etc etc.

Everyone ended the day, satisfied and happy by the days events, and ever so excited for the following morning.

~~**~~

Arnav Singh Raizada was smiling. He was smiling to himself alone like a dumb fool. He couldn't believe that the girl of his dreams would finally be coming to him tomorrow.

He'd finally see her tomorrow after three and a half excruciating years. How much he'd missed her. Her beautiful smile, her chirpy nature, her pranks, her care, he'd missed it all so much.

He was still in a shock that the moment he had been waiting for from so long had finally arrived. There were so many emotions running through him. He felt happy, excited, thrilled and nervous. She had changed so much over the years that it intimidated him, but he was excited and very very happy.

Getting to his bed he decided to sleep but couldn't and today, he knew the exact reason behind why.

~~**~~

Last night had been a tiring one for Khushi.

After the unexpected talk with Nani, she'd decided to leave the office and go home. She was fatigued, absolutely exhausted after such a happening day.

When getting home she got another call from Advay. He was absolutely delighted by her succes and congratulated her on her achievement. She let him know about the misconceived emergency which he consoled her about.

She also let him know that her sister and her in-laws had recently shifted to Dubai who she'd be meeting tomorrow and he was positive about it and wished her luck. She decided to skip the ex-husband part because that'd just make everything complicated, uneasy and extremely awkward. She'd tell him when he gets back.

After the long conversation with him she dined alone and fell asleep right after that.

~~**~~

The next morning came and Khushi was uncomfortably nervous. She knew she didn't need to be and tried consoling herself but it all just made her more jittery.

It was an ineffable feeling and she knew it would only go away once she'd come face to face with them.

After having a light breakfast which consisted of an acai bowl with fruits and some mint water mixed with lemon, she decided to head out the door for the big moment.

She only had to walk as they lived at a walking distance, few steps away.

She let out a sigh standing in front of the tall gates.

"Here goes nothing!" She whispered to herself and pressed the bell.

************************************************
That's it people, we're finally about to come to that much awaited moment of them finally reuniting. I'll be updating soon so keep a look out for that.
Do vote if you like it, share your comments, and follow me to get regular updates as I like to write one shots on Arshi here and there.

XOXO ❤️

PS: Stay safe from Coronavirus. Do everything that is necessary for you to protect yourself and others as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 5.3K 7
*Ranked #8 in recommended(11-5-18)* *Ranked #15 in arshi(17-5-18)* "Khushi, arre O titaliya.Tanik dekho to sahi darwaje pe kaun hai?(Hey Khushi, see...
397K 18.1K 34
A WINNER 'MOST BINGE WORTHY STORY' in CLASH OF FANDOMS AWARDS BY @WriteToEngage ~•~ 'All is fair in love and war'...
55.1K 1.6K 5
Khushi and Arnav were enjoying their rabba ve moments after their remarriage. Arnav showered her with love but still enjoyed riling her up just to se...
1.7M 68.4K 79
'WIFE'...huh you call yourself my wife, He said very calmly. "A girl like u cannot afford to become maid at my house and u call yourself my wife." He...