✔ Statistics » Timothée Chala...

By TheBraveWriter

❝ Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off ❞. ↣ In which a boy and a girl grow up together and ge... More

P r o l o g u e
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
T w e n t y - O n e
T w e n t y - T w o
T w e n t y - T h r e e
T w e n t y - F o u r
T w e n t y - F i v e
T w e n t y - S i x
T w e n t y - S e v e n
T w e n t y - E i g h t
T w e n t y - N i n e
T h i r t y
T h i r t y - O n e
T h i r t y - T w o
T h i r t y - T h r e e
T h i r t y - Four
T h i r t y - F i v e
T h i r t y - S i x
T h i r t y - S e v e n
T h i r t y - E i g h t
T h i r t y - N i n e
F o r t y
F o r t y - T w o
F o r t y - T h r e e
F o r t y - F o u r
F o r t y - F i v e
E p i l o g u e
A f t e r n o t e

F o r t y - O n e

1.5K 50 28
By TheBraveWriter

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The sun shone dazzlingly above the lively color of a Spring day, one which appeared offensively bright and cheerful, as though it was meant to torment the redhead, to show her the world moved on without looking back, as opposed to the way she wanted things to be, grey and fogged, raining along with her tears. 

But the world wasn't built like that, and as she ran her palm through her silky, pure white dress, the universe smiled, accompanying her as she walked down the path, surrounded by hundreds of live souls, among many departed ones.

In a furious stream of many others, ones she knew from the summers spent in the forbidden mansion, or even ones she had stumbled across around the city of London, she felt nothing but alone. Even as her partner pressed her palm for reassurance, she felt nothing but her heart refuse to acknowledge the finality of death.

All trudged with their heads down, keeping to themselves, perhaps to postpone the inevitable sight. Despite the sadness, the field of white created by the saddened figures was more than enough to put a smile on the girl's face, for so many came to say goodbye, respect the passing, accompany the lost soul on her journey to the beyond. 

The girl walked in the far back, behind all mourners, for she couldn't bear to be the star of the show. It wasn't about her, but she knew everyone would make it seem that way, because she was the one left alive to deal with the bundle of grief. 

Manon felt as though she was all alone, unable to fully grasp the fact she wouldn't get to hear her laugh one more time, nor smile, nor give away an embrace full of warmth. Her grandmother would never get to walk her down the aisle or watch her future generations grow, she would forever provide comfort for the soil below, all while her remaining loved one above would long for her presence and comfort. 

 And sure, she subconsciously knew she wasn't alone, Timothée by her side and his family watching her from afar, sending her a comforting look every once in a while, it wasn't the same, it would never be the same. 

Anne-Marie had seen her at her worst. When she was a behavioral hurricane, when she took the unspeakable measures she would forever regret, when she withstood the pain of her parents, even the one of heartbreak. She was her safe haven, and she was gone, and with her, Manon felt as though an integral piece of her was taken, one she wasn't sure she would be able to function without. 

It wasn't long before a tear in her dress was made above her heart, to signify the loss. And when the body was lowered to the welcoming earth below, she couldn't look, couldn't fathom the idea, so instead, she buried herself in the boy's arms, the same boy who tried to keep himself together with all of his might, because he too wanted to burst into tears, but couldn't, for her sake. 

People kissed and hugged her, wished her well, before leaving the scene as though nothing ever happened. She was left alone, and those people who spared her a moment of mercy and sadness would soon return back to their lives, live it the way it was meant to be lived, while the way it was meant to be lived for Manon, was now below her feet. 

The brokenhearted rested her palm over the star hanging mercilessly across her neck, one she hardly brought out from the depths of her drawer. She wasn't much of a believer, neither was Anne-Marie, but she had taught her to be kind and courageous, and that was belief enough.

Despite it, she then and there, found herself praying there was a heaven, an afterlife, a place, where one day, they would be reunited, where they would get to speak again, say the last words they never got to say. 

Because there was one thing she wouldn't be able to forgive herself for, the fact that her last moments, Anne-Marie spent alone, Manon managing to do the one thing she promised not to.

She left.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Weeks passed, and a new routine was underway. No longer did Manon wake up early in the morning to go to her favorable coffee shop. No longer did she visit the retirement home, no longer did she hurry to her first lecture and run through the bustling city of love. 

Instead, he was the one to awake early. He struggled at first, but with time, it hardly bothered him. He'd amble right towards the plants, just the way she used to, and watered them with the gift of life. He would make himself breakfast, watch the world as it awakened by the still of the window, before finally observing her as she wandered out of the bedroom, exhausted each day far more than the last.

Some days, she wouldn't get up, and he'd have to aid her. In those days of sorrow where she felt drawn to her bed more than anything, he'd help her get ready, shower, and eat, before taking her to therapy. He'd then wander around, walk to the fabled Café, grab her favorites, and head back to pick her up just on time. 

She would still laugh at his silly attempts at jokes, she'd still tell him she loved him, but he could tell he was losing her, the world was, too. She'd smile a little harder to show she was alright, when really, he could tell inside, she was hollow. 

One day, he woke up with a surprise in hand and showered her with kisses come morn sun, just to wake her up in the best way possible. It took her a while to adjust to the sudden morning, but when she did, all she could see was him, and the smile stuck to his face, to the point she too, felt like smiling.

Manon knew how much pain she put both of them through. He wanted her to be okay, she wanted to be okay, but no matter how much effort and mind she put into getting out of bed, she couldn't. No force could move her, and as much as he had a powerful effect on her, sometimes, even he couldn't change the way of things.

She was falling apart, and he had to watch her without being able to do anything about it, his hands tied, as though the roles had been reversed, and now that her grandmother was gone, she was the one needed caring. She loved him, oh how she loved him, but she couldn't show it the way she used to, not before she'd burst into tears, for love hurt, and it had given her so much pain already. She let herself love and ended up paying the price for it, the way she always would.

"We're going out today" He declared confidently as he caressed her cheek, drawing figures of imagination across her face. Manon hardly felt like getting up that day, alongside many others, but as she watched the delight and childish excitement in his features, she wanted to keep them there, so she put all of her efforts into getting herself up. He did everything for her, and it was about time she did the same. And sure, he sacrificed so much more than her, but even getting out of bed that day, even that, was worth to him more than anything else he had ever wished for. 

Before long they were in the backseat of the car, traveling through many towers of glory, fields of vigorous hues, assembles of strangers they would never get to know, at long last departing from the city they had stayed in for weeks. Both needed a change, and he had the perfect place in mind. But in order for things to work, once they reached the highway leading out of Paris, he took a blindfold out of his backpack, handing it to the bewildered girl. 

"Are you kidnapping me"? She raised her brow teasingly, watching him as he nudged her to put them on, and for the rest of the way, leaning onto his shoulder, taken away by a deep sleep. 

Timothée watched as nature steadily governed their surroundings, the girl's reflection in the car window providing him comfort. He looked at her, and saw the entire world, wishing she would get better, because she deserved nothing more than that. 

Once the journey ended, he opened the car door for her, introducing her to a lake. She didn't have to take a second glance to know where they were. Their signature tree was a little taller than they had last seen it, the hints of an old bonfire adorned the soil below, an aged boat with their names carved on it washed ashore, but still, she turned around with much anticipation, meeting the famed mansion she had only dreamed of.

"Now I know this might make you upset, but I just thought-" Timothée set about, anxious for the reaction he would receive in return. He feared it would sink her even further down, away from him, trigger something within her, but instead, he watched her as a smile invaded her lips, tears of rejoice following it. 

"Home" She released her joy into the universe as she smiled at the building where so many memories were held. The years had done the building some damage, vines ruling over it as though it was their legal domain, fragments of paint missing in the edges, dust settling on the window stills, which to a buyer would seem far from attractive, but to a heart filled with memories, it was more than perfect, hardly seemed different. It was almost as if she could hear the laughter of her and her best friend in the midst of the night, coming all the way up from their bedroom. She could almost taste the delicacies her grandmother surprised everyone with on an early morning, almost feel the grass reach her skin as she laid in the backyard and looked up at the universe, almost smell the fragrance of summer as everyone jumped into the lake in unison, sending thunderous spheres all across it, almost see the two cars divided by their different journeys, and her younger self, saying goodbye to the boy she loved so much, even back then.

If he wasn't by her side, she'd be downcast, but with him, she felt hope, hope that despite the fact her family was gone, memories of them weren't and neither was their aura, that lingered within the building she kept close to her heart. 

"Thank you so much for this" She wrapped her arms around him in an instant, her grin different than any of the others she had showcased to him, signifying to him, that for the first time in a long while, she was truly happy. 

"It's not all" He giggled affectionately as he pulled away, before pulling a set of keys out of his pocket, watching Manon as her face filled with perplexity all over again. 

"What is that for"? She asked, her mouth hung open agape and with nothing but utter shock. An idea came to mind, associating it with her childhood, but she brushed it off "There's no way"-

"What do you think"? He teased her lovable confusion "It's yours" He handed them to her, her palm shaking at the thought behind it.

"Holy shit, where did you get that"? She tilted her head, for as much as she knew that if he could, he would buy her the entire world and more, she knew he did not have the funds to buy her the mansion, one that no doubt cost a lot. 

He hoped she wouldn't ask, but she did, so he took a deep breath and rubbed his neck nervously "Y-your parents. That's why they came to New York. They wanted to give them to you" He mumbled as he features fell all at once the moment he connected his gaze with hers, her happiness fading away as though it was never there.

"I don't want them" She held the keys in front of him to take, dropping them back in his palm, watching the sadness as it transmitted over to his features "I don't want anything from them". 

"Manon, I don't think this one comes with a price. I think they"- He began, tried to come up with his own reason, one that perhaps, could bring peace to her fear. 

"That they what? Want to change their way? Be nice to me without a price? That's not who they are! I told you that" She shook her head, tears filling her eyes to the brim as she rested both her palms on her head out of frustration. 

"I know that, I'm not trying to justify them" He desperately held his hands out in front of him, for he didn't want to see her burst into tears because of him "I-I just wanted to make you happy".

"You already do, every single day" She shook her head, dropping her hands and caressing his cheek instead. 

"Yeah"? He scoffed to himself, disappointed that he couldn't do more to change the way of things "It doesn't feel that way" His eyes fell, for the first time in forever, the sadness he had held inside shining through, catching the girl off guard "I'm scared". 

"Of what"? She queried, running her fingers over his features in the same place she had once lost him, fearing of it happening again. 

"Of something happening to you" Timothée's voice was close to breaking, his tears mirroring hers as she tried her best to soothe his state, to be there for him. She had forgotten how hard it was, to watch someone lose their grasp on reality. 

"Nothing's going to happen to me" Manon reassured him, her stomach filling with butterflies at the thought of just how much he loved her. She held such a treasure in her hand, and at a tough time like that, took it for nothing but granted. 

"Yeah? How can I know for sure"? He pursed his lips together, feeling insecure at his previous attempts to help her "You're falling apart and I can't do anything about it" And perhaps if it was anyone else, she would toughen up and say she wasn't as bad as she was truly feeling, but it was Timothée, no stranger, and if she chose to hide the truth and reassure him, he would know.

So instead, she chose the middle ground, telling him words of comfort that mirrored ones she wanted to hear "I've been through this before, alone, and I made it. Now I'm not alone anymore, I just-I need you by my side. You might not see it, but you're doing an incredible job" Her heart shone through her smile "I just-I don't trust my parents. And sure I'd love to go in there and reminisce" She pointed at the grandiose building of her youth "But, I have you by my side, and that's more than enough. One day we'll get back here without anyone's help, I promise you that, my love. We'll get through this, together". 

"Pinky swear"? The sadness glimmered away as Timothée lifted his finger, resulting in Manon bursting into a heartfelt laugh, immediately fulfilling the oath "Pinky swear" She repeated after him, both of their features matching those of their younger, joyful selves. In a place where they had once lost each other, they found each other, again. And that time, when they departed from their childhood, they did it hand in hand, unified. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 92 6
₊˚ˑ༄ؘ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐤𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞 [noun] 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙛𝙨, 𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞...
710K 43.5K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
453K 6.8K 42
" kiss me on the mouth and set me free " timothèe chalamet • social media the model & the actor - start: 11/2/18 finish: 8/8/18 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED...
296K 7.1K 40
⎯⎯⎯⎯ 𝑩𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑻𝑶 𝒀𝑶𝑼 [ 𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒓 ] ⎯⎯ ༉˚‧₊˚ ༘ ⎯⎯ ❝ 𝘪 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺�...