Breaking the Barrier (Saitama...

By SpiritBloodDragon

Holy god I have horrible story descriptions forgive me Saitama and Tatsumaki: two completely different people... More

The encounter
Mosquitoes Suck
Registration
First Hero Task
The Younger Sister, and the Crowd
The House of Evolution
Baldy Backstory
The Bang that went Boom
Thank y'all super duper much!
Haze
Seafood Situation
Holy Moly
Unity
First of Many?
Break
Slaughter
Rebellion
Prophecy
Resolution
Routine
The Ruffian's "Relaxing" Resort
The Eye Before
The Storm
Quick apology
Does it even count as a date?
Influence
What is this?
Humility
Dueling Patience
Admittance
Hole
Questioning
Reveal?
The Hunt (You can skip this if you want cause it's literally only plot)
Discovery
Immoral
Reveal.
Honesty
Martial Arts...They Suck
Regret
Satisfaction
Preparation
Bit More Emotion
You gave them to me, you know
Plan?
Split
Deduction
What is a monster?
Boring Battle
Chief
Spark
Climb
Despair
Heroes
Villains
Three Words
Epilogue: And so, Life Goes On.

Who Wanted to Be / Emotions

4.6K 75 84
By SpiritBloodDragon

Howdy, mates, last chapter was sort of a doozy!

All of you doing okay? I sure hope you guys are!

So, without any more, let's begin, shall we?

By the way, for his character and in the first section, please do not take some of the personal belief as my own personal belief. I'm just doing my best to write in the character's style.

Initial Release Date: May 20, 2020

~~~~~

Hm? Why the fuck are there so many people here? Meh, whatever. I can probably take them all on if I really need to. Ugh. I almost goddamn puked. Dude, haven't you taken a shower in the last three years?

"This is Sitch, leader of the 'Earth is in Danger Prophecy Measures' team," the bulbous-nosed guy introduces himself. He's wearing a really boring, generic suit that probably cost twenty times more than it would ever be worth.

"I never imagined you would come," he continues. No shit, Sherlock. Half of us standing here are literally on your guys' most wanted list, if not just wanted in general. I'm surprised anyone showed up at all.

"I am deeply grateful that denizens of the underworld would answer my call," Alright, buddy, now you're just practically asking for it here. 'Denizens of the Underworld?' That's some shit you'd hear from pretentious marketing, like if a really nerdy League of Legends player wanted to roleplay in person with you. Trust me, I know. A dude from my old dojo tried it once with me. He almost didn't make it out of the hospital.

"I assure you this is not about your criminal histories or illicit activities. This isn't a trap, so please just listen." You know how when you're on an airplane, the announcer says stuff for what feels like 20 minutes before you take off and you're almost asleep? Yeah, that's how it felt, listening to him.

"Do not mind the heroes present as bodyguards. They won't act unless necessary." I see the K.K.K impersonator cheer in front of me as he realizes that there are heroes here, and the other guys start cheering as a cacophony of empty threats about killing the heroes.

Also, won't act unless necessary? They look about as ready to kill these guys as they are to kill the heroes. Bullshit. Especially the W.W.E phony up there. What's his name? Tank Top...no, he would have a shirt...that's it! Heavy Tank Loincloth!

I see the 'heroes' discuss amongst themselves while Heavy Tank Loincloth, the highest rank out of the three of them, openly lectures, "I dunno about you, but for perps to come strollin' in here...talk about disrespect!" His voice is deep and booming, like someone who's either got something to hide or is hiding his insecurity. The other 'heroes' nod at his statement and quickly state that they'll 'burn us to cinders at the slightest move.' Bullshit. As if.

"Now that that has been established, let us begin. Please look at the documents provided," Business Boy begins to speak.

"Wait," an oddly homosexual-looking ninja interrupted, causing everyone to look directly at him. He looked thin, yet probably strong. He didn't seem unstoppable, but he was definitely strong.

"Where's the hero named Saitama? Doesn't he live in this facility?" He asks, only getting raised eyebrows from the others. As they start murmuring, I start observing. Maybe this ninja's somethin' else, maybe he's like me, if he's looking for heroes to fight.

Unsurprisingly, Sitch doesn't know who he is, "Who are you? Do you know a hero? Well, please wait until later. This is important."

An annoyed look comes onto the ninja as he simply thinks out loud, "He isn't here? Well, that's a shame. Then I'm leaving."

One of the 'heroes,' Blue Fire, if I remember correctly, looks real angry at this guy. "Without listening to the presentation? I won't let you!" He declares, pointing directly at the ninja. Despite the threat, the ninja seems unfazed, holding up some papers.

He throws the papers he's holding all in the air, and I realize then that they're papers he somehow got from the Hero Organization without their consent. Well, what else do you expect from a ninja? Slightly impressive, I guess.

"Level tiger or higher disasters are increasing. This month, the rate is six times the last three years' average," he explains, showing what the Hero Association clearly never would, before asking a question. "Are these omens of the danger foretold by the great seer Shibabawa or has it already begun?" Sitch seems surprised at this, and he stammers. A lot. Well, looks like someone's been exposed. I smirk. It's a fucking chaotic circus and I'm glad to watch it.

The ninja keeps explaining, "If strong monsters and catastrophes keep arising, the heroes won't be able to keep up. The prophecy said the greatest disaster in history will occur within six months, and it clearly hasn't passed. Even Class-S heroes..." Now he's got MY attention. Class-S heroes! Man, monsters are really strong! Serves these heroes right!

He keeps going, "are already busy, but threats keep coming up, so you're shorthanded. In other words, in the increasingly intense fights to save humanity that lie ahead, you want help from people both good and bad who know how to fight." Aaaand, he's lost me. 'Good and bad?' Lamest crap I ever heard! I'm sick of hearing these people, anyone, saying Good and Bad like they're two sides of a coin!

Personally? I don't care about good or bad. I'm out here to show that they're the goddamn same.

The ninja has a really smug smirk on his face, and I can't blame him; he just exposed the entire Hero Association's plan as he says confidently, "Does that sum it up? Well, I refuse. I'm leaving." And before I can blink, the ninja's gone. Super speed, probably. Damn, he's fast. Respect to that, but I think that one Class-S hero is probably a bit faster than him.

Blue Fire snaps, "Is what he said true?! You want this scum's help?! Is that the Hero Association's decision?!"

Sitch snaps back, retorting, "Yes! If humanity doesn't band together, it won't survive this! I shouldn't call upon thieves and assassins, but many in the Underworld possess a hero's strength!"

He directs his next statement at us, "And I don't ask this for free! We'll pay you for defeating monsters!" This is what I came to hear? I can't believe it. Working together with 'heroes?' Makes me sick to my goddamn stomach.

"Hm. That's a waste o' moola. In a pinch...these numbnuts ain't worth spit!" Heavy Tank whatever says.

A really weird dude (probably a pedophile; disgusting), really lean and reminding me of the new Joker movie's new Joker holds up a knife and taunts, "Watch it, old dude! I done more killin' than you, I bet! Wanna try me?" In an instant, Mr. Nosehair himself smashes the clown right into the ground with one fell punch. That's...decent, I guess.

"I don't trust these slimebags!" He declares angrily, clenching his left fist while the other two heroes watch quietly. I smirk. It's chaotic. Everyone here's tense. It's all so perfect. I can't resist myself.

"Okay, sure, fine! The Great Prophecy is spot-on!" I nearly cackle, catching everyone's attention. I read one of the papers that I pick up from the ground, one that the ninja tossed around.

"That great seer sure does rock! She foresaw an unprecedented catastrophe of threat level God! Can't wait for that!"

"Another crazy guy...guess the Underworld makes people come unhinged," the ripoff Dark Magician hero murmurs, and I hear him. A bloodthirsty grin crawls its way onto my face, and my eyes narrow.

I declare proudly, venom in my voice and murderous intent in my hands, "Like the old dude said, it's a waste. All of you here couldn't kill me!"

They all stare at me, and I feel like a famous celebrity, like Sweet Mask or something. A bloodthirsty urge within me feels awakened.

I notice that I should be the least bit formal; they need to know who's about to do this all. "I'm Garou! I admire baddies, so I've trained hard and destroyed many a dojo!"

My tone becomes darker as I hear the murmurs around me, "And I see a lot of prey here...for drawing out my strength!"

"We're all here, aren't we?! So let's see who's toughest! That's why I came here!"

Sitch seems bored, as if disappointed, "No, don't. I didn't invite you here for such nonsense."

Nonsense?!

"Nonsense?" I verbalize my thoughts. "Forget you. Go home. I don't like your...

My next words are practically drooping with malevolence as I practically spit, "inhospitable attitude...toady for justice.

"So, let's have a party...where I punish cowards..." my head goes a bit down as my smirk only becomes wider, near uncontrollable. "commit evil...and kill...everyone!"

Sitch scoffed, "He's crazy for blood!" He turns to the heroes and apologetically requests, "Sorry, but would you three chuck him out?"

"With pleasure."

Finally, I've got their attention.

Now, I remember something. Something big from my childhood. Did you guys have this one show that really impacted your life? I sure as hell do.

I remember watching this one show, I think it was literally called 'Justice-Man." I know, dumbest show name to exist. Theme song fuckin' sucked. I remember that it was like Power Rangers, and that sucked too. The villain, like Devil Earl, was always about to conquer the world and then Justice-Man himself just screwed everything up.

I remember getting to the good part, being so close to the T.V (I know, unhealthy) and then, right at the good part, he'd be beat. I always remembered wondering to myself, "Will a villain ever beat Justice-Man?!"

And my dad. That piece of work. He wasn't a bad dad in the slightest, but he brought me to a jarring reality.

Justice always wins.

It doesn't make sense! The bad guys try so hard but always get killed! I never liked that story. And I still don't! It's not fair, and it's bullshit!

Bad guys have hopes too. I've always felt bad cause I root for them. They're cooler.

And honestly?

Good guys always winning and bad guys always losing is a tragedy!

"So...I won't lose to anyone!" I declare, holding up the Dark Magician ripoff by his neck as he chokes. "I'll become the strongest villain and change the story!" I toss the magician off, and stare at him. He's bruised. Battered. His breathing's heavy, and I don't give a damn. His uniform's all messed up too. Wasn't much of a fight. Not even a warm-up.

"Tank gun punch!" I hear behind me, and quickly dodge out off the way. Seems the muscle-bound gorilla's into the fray, now, too. Well, no matter, I guess. My hands move elegantly, almost like a hero's. Well, I was taught by one. Just gotta use it against these assholes.

By the time Nosehair's done with his punch, I've already made my mark. The endless pain seems to register and he holds his arm up, displaying my handiwork. With just a few punches in just the right places, I proudly broke his arm, dislocating it to the point where it bent four times!

"Oh no..." I lament sarcastically, a grin still on my face. Not an actor, but it'll do. "That looks broken!

"I guess your punch lacked conviction!" I taunt. "But strong guys are strong even without that, gorilla!" One more swing's all it takes and he goes flying like a baseball. He skids before stopping right by the feet of the last of the three heroes: Blue Fire.

The other villains cackle, cheering me on about how I flattened a hero. I was incredibly glad I put him down, but not so glad for the publicity. What did these fools think? That they were going to be spared? Good and Bad, I hate them both! I'll eradicate both sides myself if I have to, so the world can't have that stupid bias!

"What're you yapping about? You're gonna die too. Haven't you realized that?" I lecture them, only receiving a lot of confused looks.

"You're on our side!" One of them claims, and I scoff at it.

"Nope," I calmly inform. "Listen up. Heroes show up later, but villains make the first move. They suddenly appear for no reason!"

"Your side, their side, you've got it all wrong!" I proudly smile. "You're with the humans, and I'm with the monsters!"

I hear them murmur. A human who calls himself a monster? Unheard of before, I know. Sort of a trailblazer, you know.

"But it's true you aren't human," Blue Fire interrupts. "You're scum! And I, Blue Fire, Class A, Rank 6, will cremate you!" He does some flashy hand tricks, points one arm at me, and I already know what's coming. Generic hero stuff. I don't even have to dodge his blow as I charge in, and take a slice at his arm. Can't exactly shoot stuff out of your arm if you don't have one, am I right?

I hold the piece of his arm and notice something in his sleeve, "Well, what's this?"

"Got a little trick here, do ya?" Well, doesn't matter now, I guess. He's gone too.

And before I know it, all the others start falling, just like flies. And I'm a goddamn kid in a candy store.

~~~

Oh...my...god...they're all...dead...

Garou...who...is he?

"Sitch, was it?" He questioned, tossing the last body in my direction. My pants had already been wet, my call for medics unheeded. Everything...went wrong...all of them...dead...

f-fuck...

"Tell them that I'm gonna be the strongest villain. I'm gonna train a bunch, come back in six months, and I'll be the villain you'd be afraid to go against. Got it?" I couldn't even move. Blue Fire...Heavy Tank Loincloth...Magic Trick Man...all dead...

I couldn't even watch Garou leave as I whimpered, shaking in fear, surrounded by all the dead bodies.

~~~

"Genos?"

"Yeah?"

"I take it back. Emotions suck," I admit, yawning as I stretch out. I was barely able to sleep because of everything that happened at the resort, and I turn to the table and lightly smile. On the table lies a picture that me and Tats took together at the resort, sort of to celebrate our relationship.

It feels really weird that that was only two weeks back. There was something weird on my mind, though.

We haven't really gone on any dates, or whatever. We still hung out, and the most recent time we saw each other was two days ago. It was a bit weird since we lived really far from each other, but it was always easy to meet up since we were just really fast.

Anyways, again, the last time we hung out together, Genos and Fubuki had come with us too. God, their reaction when Tats told them that we were in a relationship was priceless. Fubuki looked catatonic and it was a reaction that was practically golden.

But the thing that's more golden?

The fact that I ended up with somebody as awesome as Tats.

Jesus, that sounds super sappy and cheesy. But it's true. I've never really been in a romantic relationship, and ever since I became strong, I never thought I would.

But Tats?

She's...the best. Beautiful, kind, honest, strong, and probably what I think is probably most important in a relationship, communicative. And it may seem like I'm...what was that term again? Simping? Well, whatever it is...she's pretty cool herself.

And I don't know why I didn't realize it before, but I asked Genos a while back and he said that it was pretty obvious that I had fallen for her. Weird, I know. Didn't think I fell for her before I knew I fell for her.

But really, I have no regrets about the choices I made with Tats. I mean, now we're together, so that's awesome.

"Sensei?" Genos interrupts my thoughts, and I make one of those 'huh' noises, but the ones when you didn't hear someone. It's a different 'huh,' trust me.

"I asked if you got enough sleep last night," Genos explains, and I blink. Why would he ask that?

I voice my question and he responds, "You said emotions suck. Something to do with Tatsumaki, correct?" Well, he got me.

I nod, and say, "I dunno, Genos, I just don't know if I'm good enough for her. She's the hero everyone respects and I'm just me. And these thoughts are really weird because I also plan to ask her on a date later, and that's why I'm sayin' that emotions suck."

He rolls his eyes and explains, "Dating's supposed to be weird, from what I hear. Are you at least happy with it?"

I hesitantly nod, and he smiles a bit. "That's good," he says to himself. I roll my eyes, a bit annoyed at his observation but not really.

"Look, I'm gonna call Tats real quick, so can you give me a moment while I call her outside?" I ask, and Genos nods, making a bit of way for me while he starts setting the table up. "Oh, don't worry about that, Genos. I'm planning to take her out for breakfast, anyways." He seems a bit surprised, but nods anyways and begins to put the plates away.

As I exit our apartment, I hear him mumble to himself as the door closes, "Well, he's talking a lot more, and seems happy. That's good."

~~~

Emotions...they're weird.

I mean, all the cheesy romance stuff I've heard of from Fubuki was like the guy asking out the girl in the most extravagant or unnecessary way, but me and the Baldy?

I don't think we're just cheesy romance characters.

Nor are we romantic. So that's a bit weird. Aren't relationships between two people from a romantic connection supposed to have a romantic sort of bond? I mean, the two of us are close, but neither of really make any romantic advances. The most we've ever done is hold each others' hands, and that was literally for like half a minute when I confessed to him.

So what are we supposed to do anyways? Well, I got one person to ask who won't spill it to the media and who isn't the Baldy or his pupil, since that'll just give away my intentions instantly.

"Whatcha need, sis?" I hear Fubuki's voice come through the phone, a bit cheery. She's clearly been awake for a few hours, even though it's practically 8:30. "Anything going on?"

"Yeah, I needed to ask you something," I admit calmly, though my mind is pretty much racing. How was I gonna ask her for dating advice?

"Yeah, what do you need? And sorry, but could you make it quick? I gotta meet up with some other heroes to take care of this threat," Fubuki explains, and I can tell she's getting dressed and is on speaker at the moment. Well, here goes nothing.

"So, you know that I'm dating Saitama, and I was wondering...are we not being 'like a couple' enough?" The silence tells me that she's confused a bit. "Like...neither of us are really romantic people and I'm kinda concerned that it doesn't work well in a relationship."

"Honestly, sis, I don't think that's a bad thing," she answers. "Sure, it may not be lovey-dovey, but that's probably what you two are most comfortable with. It's only been what, two weeks since you two got together? It's not gonna be like you're a married couple." I blush a lot at that.

"Just go on with your relationship, and if you want something, communication is key. I think that communication is what keeps relationships going, if you're asking that. Does that help?" I can tell she's smiling, cause I am too, since it did help.

"Yeah. Thanks, Fubuki," I finish off before I end the call and put on one of my dresses. Ever since the resort, I reverted back to my regular clothing of practically the same dress but different copies. If it's not broken, don't fix it. Basic saying, but it works fundamentally.

And just as I finish putting on the dress, I hear my phone buzz. From Saitama. I raise my eyebrow, surprised he's even awake at this time, but answer the phone either way.

"What's up, Saitama?" I ask.

"Hey, Tats, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out for breakfast with me," I hear his voice come through the phone and I internally cheer since I don't have to take the initiative this time. Wasn't easy last time.

"Where would we have it?" I ask, and he quickly replies: "Well, you remember Tetsuya's, right? You wanna head there and then just go monster hunting for a bit?" I blinked.

"This your idea of a date, Egghead?" I joke before my tone becomes a bit lighter. "Yeah, of course. Where do you wanna meet up?"

"I can go to your place, but I'm cool meeting with you wherever," he answers, and I think of changing into a different outfit, since I can still kill off monsters without this sort of dress on me. "Where do you feel like meeting?"

"I'll just come to your guys' apartment, if it's all the same to you." When I finish saying that, I hang up the phone and make an important choice. Do I keep this dress on or change into something else?

Going with my instinct, I hesitantly go back into the closet and change into a different outfit, setting the "hero dress" aside for the time being, before going out to meet my...boyfriend. Gosh, it's still weird to think I'm dating someone, let alone the fact that I'm dating Saitama of all people.

Well, guess I'm going on another date.

~~~

I hear a knock on the door, and I'm pretty sure it's Tats. I glance at Genos and he nods. Apparently he had made plans with Fubuki a bit after our plans, actually, so he's preparing to hang out with Fubuki a bit later.

I put on my favorite hoodie and go to the door, opening it. I forget to look down at first, so it looks like nobody's there until I look a bit down and realize there's Tats.

She looks...amazing, actually.

"Woah, Tats, did something with your hair? It looks nice," I complimented, and she blushes a bit. So do I, actually. I'm used to complimenting people, really doing it often when it comes to people I know I'll talk to more than once. But complimenting Tats felt different now that we were in a relationship. But I like it that way, surprisingly.

"T-Thanks," she shyly says, brushing it a bit to the side. She has her hair down, as usual, but it looks different. It's still curly and not exactly contained, but it looks neater than usual. And her outfit is nice too.

She's wearing a short-sleeved shirt that's a dark green, complementing her hair well, and wearing a skirt that goes to just above her knees. It's really cute, actually, but not in a childish way.

"Wait, what are you wearing?" She asks, incredulous, and I look down at my outfit. "Are you seriously wearing your 'Oppai' hoodie?" I nod. She sighs, and I take that as a sign to put on a different outfit. That's sad, cause I really like that hoodie. It's my favorite, actually.

Instead, I toss off the hoodie and toss it onto my futon and just head back to Tats with my current outfit, just without the hoodie. I'm wearing a t-shirt that's just a bit loose and a simple color scheme: red with a bit of blue at the bottom that's the same shades as the jeans I'm wearing. Jeans are uncomfortable, but they do look nice, and after a few minutes, I can get used to them just fine.

Tats smiles at me, noting, "Y'know, Baldy, I think you look pretty handsome in the right light. Those jeans fit you pretty well."

"Thanks," I say simply and gesture to the stairs so we can start our date.

~~~

It's been quite a bit since I've been at the restaurant Tetsuya owned, called "Tetsu's" for both simplicity's sake and for the owner, and it's a nice design, actually. It's like one of those ramen places you'd find in an anime like Naruto, but I didn't think an actual restaurant in the real world would be like an anime. It's weird, but I'm rambling, aren't I? I should be focusing on my date.

We aren't inside yet, just sort of standing outside. It seems like Saitama's waiting for me to talk or do something, but I don't know what.

"Hey, Saitama?"

"Yeah, Tats?"

"How are we gonna tell them that we're a...couple now?" I ask, a bit nervous at the thought. If he knew that we were a couple, would he spread the news? Would he tell the media and they would make rumors and eventually I'd have to fucking deal with that too?

"Not sure. Do you wanna tell him we're a couple?" Oddly enough, I nod. This restaurant is actually one of the places that I feel like I can really act like me, other than at Saitama's apartment and hanging out with the Baldy or hunting monsters by myself. I think it'd be fine for him to know, but at the same time, I feel it isn't.

"Hey, Tats, honestly," he seems nervous but starts to admit. "If you're nervous about people knowing about our relationship...I sort of am too.

"I've never even been in a relationship and I don't know if we're going too fast or not, but I like the pace we're going at...and I trust Tetsuya. I don't think he'd make it public, and...I really like you. I personally don't care about my reputation, but...it being known I'm dating someone...is weird." It's an odd deep thought from the Baldy, but puts me at ease. It actually really calms me down, and by instinct and feeling rather than rational thought, I make a choice that I don't end up regretting.

"Thanks, Saitama," I express my gratitude as I grab his hand, intertwining our fingers. I glance at him momentarily and a fierce blush forces its way onto my face while he seems more shocked than anything, not believing this is real; I can't, either. But either way, when he recovers from his shock, he sends a soft smile at me and I smile back, and he seems happy with the situation.

So, the two of us holding hands, we walk into the restaurant and see the restaurant, packed as ever, but there's still a few free places. Tetsuya notices us even though he's cooking, and waves.

"There you are, Saitama! It's been a while, haven't seen you since you first came with Tatsumaki!" He greets cheerfully, and his greeting is still really perky, pepping me up a bit. "Oh, and what's this?"

We walk up to him, still hand in hand, and sheepishly smile together. I'm sure he's connected the dots, and I wait for him to tease Saitama or something, or maybe joke with me, but no, he doesn't.

Instead, he smiles a really warm smile, one ripe with wisdom and sincerity, something completely different than his usual aura. It's instead, really kind and pure, laced with gentle emotion.

"I'm happy for you two," he says simply, his tone soft and gentle. "When did it happen?"

"Just two weeks ago," I answer, and nod my head in Saitama's direction. "I was the one who asked him out, actually."

"Well, I'm glad you two realized your feelings for each other," he congratulates, and Saitama smiles back. "So, whaddaya two want from humble ol' me?"

Saitama decides quickly, "Just some oyakodon, with a bit extra egg if that's all right." Tetsuya nods in confirmation before turning to me, even though I'm still deciding.

"I already know you want a soda too, Saitama!" He jests, even though he isn't looking at him. "Well, Tatsumaki, made up your mind?"

I blink, before asking, "What do you recommend?"

"Anything's good, actually, in my opinion, though that's probably biased," he laughs off as he scratches the back of his head. "Seriously, though, I'd probably recommend the Transforming Furikake Rice bowl! I got the recipe from this young fellow named Soma! One of the best cooks I ever met, and he actually taught me how to make it with his girlfriend Erina, too!" Those names seem familiar, but I can't seem to pin where they're from.

"Then, I'll have one of those, please," I answer with a nod, and lean a bit closer to Saitama, to the point where my head's resting on his arm. Being short sucks, but it's actually pretty comfy in this situation.

And really, I have no idea what's pushing me to make this decision. What's making me so corny. But at the same time, I've sort of stopped questioning it. I usually look the gift horse in the mouth, but right now? I'm just happy and I'm glad that I get to be happy right now.

"I'll get them right up and popping for you two lovebirds!" I blush at that, but smile nonetheless. Saitama does the same. "Why don't you two take a seat?"

The two of us go find a vacant booth and take a seat across from each other.

Honestly, I didn't expect to feel like this. I feel like a normal girl, even though I haven't really had any other 'normal girl' experiences to compare to in the first place. But...I don't really feel like I have to really be a hero at the moment, and it's nice.

"Uh, Tats? You okay?" Saitama snaps me out of my thoughts. "You've been staring off for a while."

"Oh, yeah," I answer quickly. "Did you say something?"

"I was asking if you were enjoying this...date of ours," he says the last words hesitantly, as if he can't believe that it's happening; I can't blame him; I feel the same. "I've never really taken somebody out on a date before and I'm probably messing up already but I just really...wanted to know, I guess?" I raise an eyebrow at his bluntness but snicker a bit, and he rolls his eyes but with a shrewd smile on his face.

"Yeah, I'm enjoying it, Baldy," I answer. I'm tracing circles on the table and I don't know why, but maybe I'm a bit anxious; who wouldn't be on their very first date in their life.

"And you know something, Saitama?"

"Hm?" He asks, getting up at the sound of Tetsuya calling out our order number with a big smile on his face. "Sorry, Tats, I'm gonna get our food first and then you can tell me. Mmkay?" I nod as he walks to pick up the food, and smile to myself.

I let out a small laugh, quiet enough so nobody hears.

Maybe...

Maybe emotions aren't bad.

Maybe these weird romantic feelings...are good, actually.

I mean, I feel happy.

Maybe...

Maybe emotions aren't so bad after all.

~~~~~

So, that was a pretty long chapter, and I hope you enjoyed it (mainly due to Garou and stuff)

Well, there isn't much to say here other than that was their first official date as a couple, and I'll finish the date off in the next chapter just so that it flows better! I hope y'all enjoyed it!

And, if there's anything you wanna make a note on, I'll hear it, new criticism or whatever.

Sincerely,

SpiritBloodDragon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 123 40
After being removed from the Hero Association to save Garou's life and marrying the man she loved since she tried to rookie crush him first encounter...
10.9K 207 9
Preview__ "Sai, who is she?" Genos asked as he looked at my phone. "I haven't seen her before." I grabbed my phone from him. "Well, it isn't like I k...
135K 1.7K 36
Basically a life where you become friends with Saitama and Genos. Then meet up with the green haired loli. One Punch Man is copyrighted by VIZ Media...
412K 16.4K 98
"Whoa, hold up! You're saying I'm living with two guys now?!" "Technically, I'M the one living with two people," Saitama crosses his arms. "What if I...