Paradox of Time

由 Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... 更多

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#25: Finding Answers

316 22 0
由 Yel_lue04

Council Room

Eleanor dropped dead on the table waiting for someone to notice her. 

"I'm not going to take you away from the Palace", Fineil finally noticed her. "I'm given a task by the Prince. It has something to do with the merchants and the nobles", Eleanor sighed. "Then go die somewhere", Fineil tried to ignore her. "Where's your support?", Eleanor whined. Fineil stuffed candy in her mouth. "Stop whining and start working", the High Council went to his table.

Eleanor noticed that Jenos wasn't around. "He went to the South to create a pact with the Southern council", Ren noticed her looking around. "Elder Ren, when will you take me back to the Council Building?", Eleanor had puppy eyes. "I'm afraid until the Prince says so", Ren chuckled.

Balcony

Eleanor looked down and saw the trail of tainted rocks. It is said that whenever it rains, it somehow washes the blood stains and makes the river dyed with scarlet red. "There are red algae that thrive in these rocks as well. Such rumor isn't possible", she sighed. She couldn't help but think that the Council Elders were still wary of her because she was a daughter of the Varian.

"Why are you staring outside as if you like to jump out?", someone's voice made Eleanor turn around. She has seen her before. "Your Grace, the High Council is waiting for you", Rufus came and bowed. The middle-aged woman closed her umbrella and looked at Eleanor. The lady saw such familiar eyes. "Forgive me of my ignorance, Queen Dorsel", Eleanor knelt. "Rise child", Dorsel gave her a last glance then walked with Rufus. She doesn't have any knights behind.

House of Sailine

Claudia went down and checked on her guest.

"Ellie, what brought you here?", Claudia was wearing an elegant red dress. "Are you preparing to go somewhere?", Eleanor asked. "How about you go with Council Eleanor?", Rene suddenly appeared. Eleanor's eyes widened to see the Merchant Leader. He's so kind and humble to look at. "Sir Rene, thank you for allowing me to enter your place", Eleanor bowed. "Raise your head Council. I am the one who should thank you for treating my daughter well", Rene smiled. Eleanor was taken aback.

"I.. treated Claudia ill before. I should also apologize for that but I will do my best to be a good friend to her", the lady raised her hand and waved. The two walked out of the house with Eleanor behind Claudia. 

Claudia, you've grown. I'm going to cry like a proud mother. 

Carriage

"I'm sorry that I barged in that day. Are you pressured with what the Crown Prince asked for you to do?", Claudia asked. "That's just reasonable. It's my task anyway. Trying to get in between the Merchants and Nobles is going to shorten my lifespan", Eleanor laughed nervously.

"If there's anything I can do, please tell me", Claudia held her hand. "Thanks, Claudia. Where are we going?", Eleanor never took that route. "It's called the Lady's Cabin. It is a beautiful pavilion beside a river. Today, the Queen called for an audience", Claudia explained. Eleanor felt shivers. "Am I allowed to be in such a gathering?", Eleanor flinched.

"The Queen wishes to gather reputable women from the Kingdom. It seems that she's going to hold a meeting regarding the Emperor's coming of age", Claudia explained. "Wait? Why is the Queen preparing for the Crown Prince?", Eleanor found it off. "The Empress' hand is full due to the invitations asked by the different Kingdoms. Right now, she's in the Southern Kingdom to make so pact", Claudia informed. "The Queen is preparing for... The Crown Prince's coming of age. I wonder how... Prince Keane feels about it", Eleanor's face suddenly became depressed.

"Prince Keane doesn't seem to be a person who would hold grudges. He was all so bright and even supports his brother in shadows", Claudia said with positive vibes.

Right, there's no way Prince Keane would hate his very own brother.

Cabin

There are female knights around to protect the area. Eleanor was amazed at how elegantly the ladies had dressed. "Everyone here is personally hand-picked by the Queen. There are nobles and merchant factions", "Claudia noticed that Eleanor was busy looking at everyone.

"Your pass?", one of the female guards noticed Eleanor wearing a Council cloak. "She's with me, I am Claudia Rie Sailine", Claudia held her hand. The guard squinted and saw Claudia pass. They were allowed to enter.

"Wow, someone entered without even having a pass? How unethical", Olivia, the only daughter of the Minister of Coins chuckled.

Eleanor gulped and wanted to dash back to the carriage. "She is my guest. The queen had invited ladies from the Empire. I could not see any reason why Lady Eleanor isn't a reputable woman as well", Claudia went in between them. "True enough. Didn't you learn some manners? Oh right. You're a merchant's daughter. I haven't forgotten then even if you try to claim your place next to the nobles, you're still a lowlife", Olivia used her fan to hide her smirk. "And oh, forgive me. You might be the next Empress. I might end up hanging on the street but... I wonder if the Prince would marry someone with the blood of a commoner", the red-haired lady turns around.

Eleanor saw how flushed Claudia was. It might have been because of embarrassment. "I think you're still higher than any of us, Claudia. For someone like me who kept chasing the Prince, I was never chosen to be his candidate. Lady Olivia, I heard you have tried to woo the Prince as well. It seems that you weren't fortunate as well", Eleanor said and it made Olivia turn around with an annoyed expression. Eleanor saw a bug and stepped on it. She made sure that Olivia saw it. "Just like that bug, we can also die anytime. Noble, merchant, commoner, or peasant. We're all just equal when it comes to some matters. I think that also goes the same with loving and being loved. Marriage and having a family", Eleanor said with a firm tone. The ladies who were around felt chills from Eleanor's arrogant attitude. 

Is she back? The icy cold Eleanor?!

The Queen somehow heard their conversation because she was just nearby. "I never remember calling you here", Dorsel was talking about Eleanor. "I apologize for coming uninvited, I will leave right away", Eleanor bowed. "Stay. Although I won't allow you in the meeting, you may take a look around the place. I have some matters to discuss with you as well", Dorsel said then gathered all the ladies.

Eleanor went to the back and saw the wide river. Her eyes shone and wanted so badly to dip in. When she was in the mountains, she was used to the cold water touching her skin every morning except in cold seasons. She stretched and removed her shoes. "Heh~ they are all so serious for the Crown Prince's birthday while I'm here wrecking my brain how I would be solving the issue about the street tenancy", Eleanor massaged her head.

She sat down on the rock and playfully swung her feet up and down. The freshwater reminded her of the mountains. "You seem to be having fun, Ellie", Keane suddenly appeared. Eleanor turned around and saw Keane carrying a wooden sword. An eagle went close and the lad raised his arm. It gave him a headbutt them flew away. 

He must have been practicing somewhere around the area. "Your Highness. Are you also here because...", Ellie stopped when she saw Keane's eyes twitch. "Mother came here to gather the ladies. I would like to escort her just to make sure she's safe. Also, it's been a while since I saw my pet", Keane also sat with Eleanor. He removed his boots and dipped them in the water.

"Your Highness, I'm trying to meditate. If you're here, it'll be harder to concentrate", Eleanor chuckled. "Am I a nuisance to Ellie, now?", the prince also laughed. "Shall we meditate together?", Keane closed his eyes. "Wait? Are you serious?", Eleanor gasped. "Just make sure to wake me up afterward", Keane smiled. 

Eleanor laughed again and also closed her eyes. "It's my first time to see you with your hair down, Your Highness. I feel ashamed that it's more vibrant than mine", the lady slightly pouted. "I thought we were going to meditate, Council Eleanor", the prince opened his eyes and saw that she still had her eyes closed. "Your Highness, even if my father won't say a thing about you, I know you're pushing yourself towards something. Whatever it is, please don't forget to take care of yourself", the lady recalled the bandages on the prince's hand just a while ago. "Do you care for me that much?", Keane leaned closer towards her. He looked at her lips and smiled. Keane leaned his forehead on the lady's. "Let's both do out best, then. Of course, with rests in between", he was so close that the lady could feel his warmth. 

Phew~ I thought he was going to kiss me. The sun is too close to me that I could melt. 

Chapter end.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

41.2K 988 8
"The fear in your eyes is palpable. Begging me to stop will only make me go harder." "Please my Lord, don't do this! I'm not ready- I'm scared..." Th...
12.6K 421 19
[ Book 1 ] [Complete] "I only wish.. for a happy ending." When too unfortunate servents of both the Demon King and The Supreme Deity end up dancing...
72.6K 2K 21
Here you'll learn how to become a master of the art of writing fanfiction. These tutorials are 100% approved by the Herd mentality that poisons this...
56.9K 1.2K 11
You are watching MLB and are slowly starting to sleep. Falling asleep to the dream of meeting ladybug in real life. What if that dream comes true and...