"Shrimp."|Ayato Kirishima X R...

By ThyatiraKaupa

"I'm no hero. But I will love you, even if it kills me." Ayato Kirishima It had been five years since (Y/N) (... More

Author's Note.
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
A Note
{15}
{16}
{17}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
SPINOFF

{18}

4.4K 167 41
By ThyatiraKaupa

Yooo two chapters in one day because I appreciate y'all so much!!

This chapter is dedicated to DownlowHoe, Lenkaskzh and amazaynfood.

_____

(Y/N) could feel the eyes of every CCG Investigator in the premises as they talked in hushed murmurs. Some pointing out that she was pregnant, others just whispering her name to the other investigators, whatever they said was too low to hear and joined in with the rest of the low murmuring.

Hide stood in front with her, Akira, and Amon since they were all human and all except Hide were Special Investigators.

(Y/N) saw her previous squad up front, or just the two twins only. Daiki’s deep green eyes met hers and he glanced down at her stomach, looking somewhat crestfallen before looking away, his long bangs drooping over his eyes. Next to him stood Danno who grinned at (Y/N) but she noticed that the usual mischievous glint in his eyes had disappeared completely. Through the crowd she couldn’t find Akiko, the hyper girl was nowhere to be seen.

“What’s all this commotion about?” Marude scowled as he stormed up to the front, only to halt when he sees the masked ghouls behind the former Investgators and Hide.

“Nagachika, Investigator Mado, Amon! You’re alive? And Special Investigator (Y/N)! You’re pregnant? Was that why you re-wait! What the hell is this?!” the man exclaimed, looking at the mass of masked people behind the investigator.

“I thought we could use some back-up.” Hide said nonchalantly.

“Huh?” Marude blinked, the very idea of it all seeming absurd to him.

“Our only chance is to dig out the main body, right? But humans alone can only do so much. We’re gonna need some mobility to pull this off.”

“You can’t be serious. Come on! Are you suggesting that we work side by side with ghouls.” Marude exclaimed. The idea to every investigator in the vicinity was preposterous.

“Yeah.” Hide replied in a tone that stated that the idea was quite obvious by now

“Are you joking!” Marude exclaimed.

“These ghouls could’ve run away easily. But their willing to help you destroy that monster because Ken Kaneki is inside it.”

Marude retracted, eyes wide with shock. “Ken Kaneki…”

Learning this information hushed murmurs increased.

All their questions about the constitution of the CCG was answered by Koori Ui who trudged to the front, hand placed in his pockets as he viewed the group with his calculating violet blue orbs.

“The chief had resigned in a sense. The creation of that monster was his true objective from the beginning; he played every person in the CCG for a fool and succeeded.”

He turned to Hide. “You there, do you really believe Investigators and ghouls could work together? Why don’t you take a good look at the faces in front of you and think again. Leave now or you will be dispatched.”

“Investigator Koori Ui, as an Investigator what is your first and fore most duty?” Amon asked, stepping forward.

“It’s to hunt down and fight against ghouls.” Koori Ui answered.

“You’re wrong. Yes it’s our duty to fight, but its peace we fight for. You should fight for it now, Even with ghouls at your side.”

“We need to put our differences aside this time and fight together,” (Y/N) said, looking at all the investigators in front of her, “Because in the end this is our city and our home; ghouls and humans alike. I don’t know about you but I would fight with my enemy to defeat a common, greater enemy. This is no time to squabble over spilled milk. Let’s fight now; together we can save Tokyo City.”

“I’ll fight! I’ll fight at their side. These ghouls may have been our enemies in the past but that isn’t what matters right now!” Saiko exclaimed, raising her hand.

The rest of them increase in their murmuring, shouting that it was wrong and stood against everything they fought for.

“The CCG still has its pride!” One Investigator yelled.

“Your so called pride,” Touka said, slipping her mask off, “Can kiss my ass!”

As she did everyone else followed, tossing their masks into the air. The Investigators gasped, caught off guard completely.
Marude smiled sheepishly. ‘Damn, I gotta hand it to them.

Murmurs erupted as Suzuya’s squad arrived and everyone snapped their attention to them. Marude sighed and turned to Suzuya.

“Alright Suzuya, you make the call.”

There was a moment of silence and everyone held their breaths, all eyes on Suzuya.

“Okay then. Let’s take this thing on together, it ought to be a piece of cake that way.”

Everyone sighed in relief and the 24th ward appeared happy and pleased with the situation. (Y/N) turned and high fived Hide.

In the end Kaneki did, in some way, bring the two worlds together. Ghoul and human were to work side by side to stop the Dragon.

--

“Akiara.” Ayato said, his eyebrows pulled together in concentration as he tried thinking of names.

They were seated on the building’s roof, watching the late sunset and sitting side by side.

(Y/N) turned to him and chuckled in amusement when he shook his head and scowled, muttering, “No.”

“Harue? Or we could name her Jun, Kamiko, Nara, Reina-”

“Whichever, we’ve got thirty days to decide.” Or less, she thought in her head but didn’t voice it.

“What about Mikan?”

Before (Y/N) could response he shook his head.

“No, wait that’s stupid. Why would we name her after a tangerine? Argh, forget I even said that.” Ayato scowled, rubbing the back of his head stressfully.

(Y/N) chuckled and shook her head. “Mikan is a nice name too, not that that’s the one we should settle for but no name suggestions are the wrong one.”

Ayato looked at her and sighed, nodding as a smile curled at his lips.

“You’re right, I’m just excited and I want her to have the perfect name.” He said.

“And she will, we’ll think of the best name to give her.”

He nodded and pulled her close to him, resting her head on his chest. They both remained in a peaceful comfortable silence as a gentle breeze whipped by them, ruffling their hair and lapping at their skins. Even though the city was destroyed and all hope seemed lost, who’s to say you can’t enjoy a slow sunset?

“You know I thought you’d be as excited as this if it were a boy.” (Y/N) admitted, smiling shyly.

“Boy or girl, as long it’s our child, it doesn’t matter. Besides, I’m hoping she’s a mini you.” He said.

“Well I was hoping she’d be a mini you too.” (Y/N) chirped.

“(Y/N)-sama!” The smooth flamboyant voice of Danno grabbed their attention.

(Y/N) sat up and turned, smiling when she sees the twins.

“Mind if we have a chat with our senpai?” Danno asked.

“Sure.” Ayato said, still remaining next to (Y/N).

“Umm..hehe, alone?”

He chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously when Ayato narrowed his piercing orbs at him.

“We’re part of her old squad.” Daiki explained, his cool green eyes blank of emotion as usual.

“Ayato-kun, I’ll be fine.” (Y/N) assured Ayato, “See you in a bit.”

Ayato nodded and walked back in, fixing the two with a cool deathly glare whilst doing so. When he was completely gone from sight Danno spoke.

“Sheesh, your boyfriend’s scary (Y/N)-sama!” He huffed, wiping his sweat.

The two looked the same only Daiki’s hair was shorter and drooped over his eyes. Whilst Danno’s was still in a crop cut.

(Y/N) chuckled, shaking her head. “He’s not my boyfriend.”

Daikia raised his eyebrows in shock, the first display of emotion he’d shown for the entire day.

“He’s not your boyfriend?” Daiki asked, his voice almost hopeful.

“Nope. He’s my husband.”

Daiki paled and clenched is jaw, looking away. Danno grinned and winked at her.

“Married I see, wait how was I not invited to the wedding? All that free food. Wasteed!” Danno cried out, hands stretched to the sky dramatically.

“Invite investigators to a ghoul wedding? That’s like tossing a chicken into shark infested waters.” (Y/N) said, shaking her head.

Daiki narrowed his eyes. “So he is ghoul.”

Danno cleared his throat and elbowed his twin brother but Daiki ignored him.

(Y/N) sighed, averting her gaze from his intense eyes. “Yes. He is. That never stopped me from loving him. Judge all you want, that won’t change anything.”

“What about the fact that he probably killed someone’s uncle, brother, sister, mother or child for god’s sake.” Daiki snapped.

“I don’t know what you expect me to say. That changes nothing.”

Daiki laughed humorlessly, “Wow. And you were a Special Investigator? What a shame.”

“Daiki shut up!” Danno scowled. (Y/N) remained emotionless.

“No. Not to mention you’re probably pregnant with his child. Half ghoul kid? Really?” Daiki said bluntly, his green orbs clashing against her (E/C) orbs.

“Look! You don’t love someone because they’re perfect or because the way they are suits your convenience. You love them despite their flaws because no one is perfect in this shitty fucked up world of ours. So sorry if I didn’t meet your expectation with marrying a knight in shining armor.”

“Well what if I wanted to be your knight in shining armor!” He yelled.

Danno face palmed, if he could he would turn invisible immediately or teleport to somewhere else. If anything he felt the embarrassment for his twin and he was positively dying awkwardly in the corner.

(Y/N)’s eyes were wide with shock and Daiki was still breathing heard. After a moment of awkward silence he realized what he just said and his eyes widened.

“D-Daiki-kun-”

“Whatever!” He snapped, storming off.

(Y/N) remained frozen in place, not sure what to say to his brother. She wasn’t even sure what just happened

Danno sighed and walked over to the edge of the roof and looked over towards the dying sun that paved in way for the night sky.

“A beautiful sunset and half the population is gone and can’t watch it.” Danno said, sighing as he sat down, dangling his legs over the edge.

(Y/N) rubbed her stomach and turned to watch the night sky slowly light up. There was a moment of silence before Danno spoke again.

“Daiki has a temper, you probably already know that. He’s the ambitious twin, that’s why I’m a Rank 1 Investigator and he’s a Special Investigator already. You were the only girl that he ever seemed intrigued with. He liked you is what I’m trying to say.”

“Figures from what he just said.” (Y/N) muttered, still a bit shocked. That whole scene was abrupt.

“Disregard his outburst. I’m happy for you, and so is he…I read your file. If anyone deserves, happiness it’s you.”

(Y/N) smiled, her hands rested over her baby bump.

“Thanks, Danno-kun.”

He smiled back nonchalantly and stood up. “You’re welcome.”

Before he could go back inside, (Y/N) turned and asked, “Akiko-chan?”

Danno stopped and looked down, fist clenched. Her answer was in the heavy silence.

That was all that he needed to do for her question to be answered. She knew what happened to the bright eyed young girl who seemed so lively and ready to change the world. It didn’t seem fair but then again behind her was Kaneki, turned into a monster to protect the ones he loved. Nothing was fair in this world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 45K 56
Ayato Kirishima hated humans with a burning passion... Well, except a handful of them, one of which was you. Of course, he didn't like you right away...
536K 20.6K 42
You're the only human worth saving-Ayato Kirishima _ Ayato hated the humans with a burning passion. They ripped away his father from him, they all de...
1.5K 41 20
ayato and reader.title falling for another ghoul.after promising to never fall in love again, but promises aren't always kept.after meeting him her l...