The Rich and Scandalous

By Fantasy_girl21

Since Leigh Mercer was a child, she had always known about Choice Ball- a ball held in the honor of the young... More

TRS Copy Rights
(1)Choice Ball
(2)Bad Luck
(3)Devil's Dinner
(4)Making Deals
(5)Green Bug
(6)Brilliant Plan
(7)Dangerous News
(9)Seven Minutes
(10)Sister Dearest
**IMPORTANT**
(11)Hungry Eyes
SHIP!! <3
(12)The Cave
(13)Saddle up
(14)New Starts
(15)The Serenade
(16)Candid Camera
(17)Elevator Time
(18) Playing Court
(19)Vexed Souls
Wattys
(20)Cold Hearted
(21)Cruel Intentions
(22)Birthday Suit
(23)Vegas Drama
(24)How Scandalous [Part 1]
(25)How Scandalous [Part 2]
(26)Lights Out
(27)Blissful Chaos
(28)Final Report

(8)Seeing Red

18K 612 94
By Fantasy_girl21

Hello my little pervies! This is where the story takes sort of a dark turn. But, no worries, there will still be more sexy scenes that involve all things Jason and Leigh! I just have to get the plot flowing for you guys before this book turns out to be a never ending literary pornographic book. & trust me those are NOT my intentions! But, I hope you will...

Read

Vote

Comment

Enjoy

xoxoxoxo

Seeing Red

Jason was stalling, that Leigh knew for sure. She watched with a certain interest as he paced the floor, and if she weren't so pissed off at him, she would have actually thought it was adorable. Clearing her throat in a very unladylike manner, she made sure that her face was clear of humor as she relaxed on the bed. 

"Stop pacing the floor like an idiot and tell me what I want to know," she said, her voice hard as she eyed his stiff posture. Jason's jaw clenched tightly, nevertheless, he stopped pacing the floor and stood by her.

"I guess I should start at the beginning," he said, his voice thick as he finally realized there was no way to avoid this.

"That would be great," Leigh said in a sarcastic tone, folding her arms across her chest.

"I'm rich," he blurted out randomly. Leigh made a face, her eyes crossing at Jason's outburst.

"Now is not the time to be arrogant," she said with a peeved expression on her face. "The whole world knows you're wealthy."

"No," he interrupted. "I'm filthy rich, probably richer than my parents." At this, Leigh became curious. She straightened her posture as she gave him an interested look. It wasn't impossible to be richer than a McFarroll, but it was hard for Leigh to believe that at the age of twenty-six, Jason had surpassed the wealth of his parents.

"How is that possible?" she asked with an incredulous expression on her face.

"My god father, Julius, was the leader of a notorious and dangerous mob in New York," he explained. "He was a wanted man; before he was killed he wrote a will and left me all of his assets." Leigh raised her eyebrow at him.

"How much are we talking?" She asked, feeling herself go breathless as her heart began to thud rather harshly.

"One hundred million dollars' worth of cash, a few dozen acres of land, and a couple foreign cars." 

If Leigh would have allowed herself to faint, she would have passed out right then and there. One hundred million dollars was a lot of money, and here she was, pretending to be his fake fiancé and the only thing she got out of it was homework help?

"That's not all," Jason continued, wiping a nervous sweat from his brow. "The police investigated the money to see if my god father had come across it illegally. Everything panned out to be legitimate and the money was put in my trust fund for me to receive once I get a wife."

"Here we go with this whole marriage thing again," Leigh groaned. "But, I still don't see how this puts me in danger."

"When my god father died, his nephew, Tony, took his place. It was rightfully his seeing as he was the only person alive who was related to him."

"And?" Leigh asked impatiently. She felt like he was trying to avoid the most important question of them all.

"It's a clause in my inheritance that says I will not receive my money, or anything for that matter if I am not married after my twenty-seventh birthday," he explained with a roll of his eye as if he was annoyed by the minor detail. "The money will go to my god father's next relative, Tony, instead of me."

"I'm still not seeing the big dilemma here..." Leigh trailed off, until her mind started to piece everything together.

"Tony is hell bent on getting that money. At first, all he had to do was wait until I turned twenty-seven, but now that I have claimed a wife, he will stop at nothing. Even if it means hurting you," he explained, taking huge steps backwards. 

Leigh's first instinct was to laugh. This had to be a joke, after all. She found it hard to believe that Jason would all knowingly put her into a situation where she was in danger, just to get his money. Then, it struck her. She didn't know Jason all that well to begin with. So, who's to say that he cared about her safety and wellbeing? She suddenly felt like a naive fool. She had given him a chance, let him in and he had failed her epically. Before she knew it, she was seeing red.

"You selfish bastard," she exclaimed, jumping up from the bed and ready to strike him across the face. "You don't care about anyone but yourself!" Her fist lashed out, but he only caught her fist and pinned it to his body.

"I moved you here, didn't I?" he asked as if he was some sort of saint. "You're safer with me than anywhere else." Leigh shook her head, her cheeks burning with heat. She hated the man in front of her. She didn't understand how she had allowed herself to think otherwise.

The McFarroll's were trouble. His parents had appeared to be nice when they helped her parents, but now her parents were practically indebted to them. And now, Jason had her in his grasps and making her serve as his own personal puppet.

"I will come back for my things later," she said, her teeth gritted as her face twitched from her anger.  She ripped her hand from his grasp and backed away. "The deal is off. I hope you never get a cent." She stalked towards the door but wanted nothing more than to wipe the blank expression off of his face. For someone who was losing the only hope he had to get his money, he was remarkably calm. This only made Leigh more furious. It was as if he knew she would be back.

"Don't be dumb Leigh," his voice said, making her stop in her tracks. "Rather you believe it or not, only I can protect you. If you leave, you would practically be serving yourself to them on a silver platter."

"I would rather take my chances with them, than with you," Leigh said as she looked over her shoulder. "At least it wouldn't be unexpected when they stab me in the back." Leigh turned back to the elevator, but not before she saw the hint of guilt flash in Jason's eyes. She felt her heart tug for him, but quickly dismissed it. He didn't deserve her sympathy.

After all, he was the one who stabbed her in the back.

Leigh had never drove so fast home before in her life. She was furious, and even though the situation made her feel a bit paranoid, she still kept her eyes forward. Her house wasn't far, and she was pulling up within seconds. Taking a minute to calm her breathing, she rested her hands against the drivers' wheel. She didn't know what to do with herself. She had begun to trust Jason and he had betrayed her as if she didn't matter. She was beginning to think that there was something between them more than sexual attraction, but she was clearly wrong.

Taking a sigh, she stepped out of her truck only to scream when she heard an explosion. It all happened quickly. Her eyes were slowly following the noise, and that's when a bigger explosion hit. Her parents' house blew up into tiny chunks and her body was being thrown back against the asphalt. She coughed, not understanding what was happening. She threw her body to the right when an unknown chunk of wood on fire was plummeting down on her.

Standing to her feet, her eyes began to water at the sight before her. Her parents' house was no longer standing, and what was there was engulfed in flames. She fell to her knees, her body shaking as she realized that her parents were inside. Her heart hurt, it was as if someone had a death grip on it. Her body shook uncontrollably as her vision blurred with the pool of tears forming down her cheeks.

She knew that she was in danger, but she didn't think her family was too. She would have liked to think that this was an accident, but after the news she had just received from Jason, she didn't know. Her cries flew through the night, getting suffocated in her coughing fit. She heard a screeching noise and turned her head towards the left. It was then that more tears passed down her cheeks as she stared at her parents' car. She seen the two figures jump out of their expensive car quickly and charge towards her.

She had never known real relief until that day. 

"What happened?" Ana asked as she pressed Leigh's face against her own.

"I was coming back from the McFarroll's," Leigh stuttered, her voice sounding hoarse to her own ears. "It happened out of nowhere. I thought you were inside." Leigh began to heave as more tears came down her eyes. Her mother rubbed her back and muttered encouraging words into her ear.

"I can't believe this," her father announced, his voice sounding drained. "We always make sure the gas and lights are off when we leave the house."  Leigh nodded her head; she knew this for a fact.

"Everything we own was in that house," Ana said crying, "All of it."

"I'm calling the police and fire department," Leigh's father said. "You two try to find a smoke free zone."

Leigh was in shock. It was as if her situation was just now hitting her. She wasn't safe, neither was her family. She hated Jason for putting her in this situation, but she had to play it smart. Too many lives were at risk. She could go to the police, but who would believe that a mob all the way in New York was after her in California? It would have been taking a huge risk. She didn't want the mob to know that she knew about them. They would probably come at her harder. 

She thought back to Jason's words. She was not safe anywhere but with him. She didn't want to go back crawling to him with her tail between her legs, but just maybe she could make it work in her favor.

"Mom, go with dad," she said in a shaky voice. "There's something I need to do. I promise I will come back as soon as I'm finished." Her mother only nodded and scampered off towards her husband. Leigh hardened her face as she shakily took her keys from her pocket and headed back to her truck. She had to go back to the McFarroll house.

There was something she had to do.

When Leigh finally made it up in the elevator to Jason's room, he was standing up and staring blankly out the window. Folding her arms across her chest and rolling her eyes, she cleared her throat. "If we're going to do this, we're going to do it my way," she said, her voice hard with authority.

"Who says you're even wanted anymore?" Jason asked. He had a small glass with a dark liquid in it, probably alcohol. "You've been replaced."

"Like hell," Leigh said, feeling herself grow more and more confident with what she was about to say. "Now, be a good little prick and cooperate or-"

"Or what?" he said, turning around. He had half a smirk on his face as his silver eyes caught the bedroom lights and gave out a sparkle. "You're going try and slap me again? Or maybe write me a well thought out essay about your feelings." He scoffed.

"Or I will find that Tony person and tell him everything I know about you," Leigh said in a slow voice, making Jason's smirk fall. "I did my research and I know exactly where to find him, and I don't mind helping him take every penny that's owed to you. Even if it means I have to personally deal with every future fiancé of yours for the next year."

"You're rather moody today," was all he said.

"Well, seeing your parents' house explode into a million pieces could do that to a person," Leigh stated. She was tired of people using her and making her out to be a naive nineteen year old. She was going to get results, even if she had to lie and scheme to get them.

"Even though I find this tough girl act of yours mouthwatering, I can tell a mile away when someone is bluffing," he said calmly. "And you, my dear, are surely bluffing."

Leigh configured her face into complete malice.

"Big mistake," she said, turning towards the door.

"Wait!" Jason called out. Leigh smiled to herself, yet turned around and made her face completely blank.  "What are your terms?"

"I want half," she said with no hesitation. Jason scoffed, his head going back as he gave off a laugh.

"Let's try that again," he said, "What do you want?"

"Fifty percent."

Jason sighed, running his slender hands through his hair. "This is insane Leigh," he added. "What could you possible need fifty million dollars for?"

"That's none of your concern," she smiled, knowing that Jason was going to give in soon. "Do we have a deal or not?" Jason shook his head rapidly.

"Absolutely not," he exclaimed.

"Bummer," Leigh said sarcastically, faking a pout. "I guess I need to pack my things for New York. I'm sure Tony would be thrilled to see me."

"Thirty percent, and that's my final offer," Jason interjected. Leigh made a displeased face.

"Forty five percent."

"Damn it, Leigh," Jason argued. "You're pushing my patience." Leigh shrugged at him. She was going to get as much as she could rather he liked it or not. Her family house just burned down. She was going to get enough to compensate for her time, the house, and to pay back the McFarroll's every penny her family owes to them. "Forty percent."

"Forty percent and half the land and cars," Leigh urged. She bit her lip to keep from laughing at Jason's expression. Poor guy was looking like he was in so much pain.

"I've worked hard to get what's owed to me," he stated through gritted teeth. "I shouldn't even have to share."

"And my life shouldn't have been put in danger without me knowing it," Leigh argued back. "Now stop being greedy. Trust me, I will make it worth your while and play the part of a loving fiancé all so well." It was silent  for a few seconds before Jason let out a sigh.

"Fine," he said. "Forty percent is yours, along with the six acres of land and half of the cars." Leigh smiled, feeling accomplished. She didn't want to turn into a major bitch, but Jason deserved it. "Let's just hope your performance is as good as your bargaining skills."

"Great," she exclaimed. "Of course, I will want to see this agreement in writing before we move on any further."

"Of course" Jason said sarcastically. He was clearly very upset. Before, it would have scared Leigh, but not anymore. She had come to the terms that the only way to beat people like the McFarroll's is to play their own game and win, and that's exactly what she was going to do.

"You know," she stated, walking towards him slowly and giving his cheek a peck. "I might actually start to like this whole fiancé thing." Jason swatted her away, not feeling like dealing with her and what he thought to be her split personality. "Leigh McFarroll actually has a nice ring to it. What do you think?" Leigh was teasing him, and he knew it. It only added fuel to his fire

"Get out."

"Gladly."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay guys. Things have taken a turn. Sorry about the super late update, but what did you think? Like it, love it, hate it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...