Blood Wounds | ANY ✔

By ATHENA_AKI

Everyone knew about King Il's two daughters. The youngest, Yona, was known for her vibrant red hair in Kouka... More

S Y N O P S I S
Memories(The Name Sea Weed)
[1] Yona and Rue
[2] Coming of Age
[3] Letter
[4] Happy Birthday
[5] Misunderstandings
[6] Cliffs
[7] Priest
[8] Port Awa
[9] Deaths
[10] Midnight
[11] Reality
[12] Fights
[13] Son Hak
[15] The stars know everything
[16] Morning Of Reveals
[17] Grab On Tight
[18] Fireworks of Pain
[19] The one who always hides
[20] The Bitter Memoirs of the Past
[21] 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
[22] War of Hearts
[23] Iliza Scarlet: The Vanity of Awa
[24] The Dawn Has Broken
[25] Departure of the free
[26] The Girl Who Cried Wolf
[27] Farewell, Port Awa
[28] The sky that is gone
[29] Her Hatred
[30] Jae-Ha, Dragon of the Skies
[31] Digging Into The Past
[32] The Prophecy & Zeno's question
[33] The Phoenix and The New Era
Book 2

[14] Sunrise and Sunsets

3.1K 134 53
By ATHENA_AKI

Every sunrise marks the beginning of new day, and every sunset marks the beginning of a new night.
-

Two years ago

"Ayato! Leave me!" Rue screamed as she ran away from the blonde running after her.

"Not a chance, Rue!" Ayato screamed back.

Rue ran into a small clearing, where two large tents were set up and ran to the platinum blonde haired beauty, Kiara. Using her as a form of shelter. Kiara laughs, as Rue uses her as a shield.

"Stop using Kiara as a shield! Ken, look your girlfriend is being used as shield." Ayato shouted out to Ken who was just returning with wood.

"Oh man. Seriously? Can't we have one peaceful morning?" Ken grumbles playfully.

"Ken, darling just hold off Ayato, while Rue escapes can you? Then when she runs off, he will also leave." Kiara chuckles softly.

"Oi! Leave me Ken!" Ayato struggles against Ken as young Rue again takes off into the forest.

"Kiara? Now?" Ken asks his girlfriend.

"Yes, let him go. Go on Ayato." Kiara shooes off Ayato.

Ken walks to Kiara and gently backhug's her, as a stirs the soup. He plants a soft kiss on her head, and hums to her. They sit near the fire and Kiara leans into Ken, as they hear the shouts of Ayato and Rue as they run around the woods.

||~||

"Ayato~ I'm said, I'm sorry!" Rue grumbles as Ayato keeps chasing her.

"Yeah right! I'm not letting you off so easily." He laughs as he jumps over yet another tree root.

"I am sorry that I put a squirrel in your bag, and that whem you opened it, the squirrel scratched your face." Rue apologized yet again.

"Gotcha!" Ayato playfully teases Rue as he grabs her. He swings over his shoulder and heads to camp.

"Are we seriously going back to camp like this?" Rue asks.

"Yep." Ayato grins.

"It's embarrassing!" Rue yelled flustered. "Let me down!"

"Yeah. No."

"Ah!"

"Stop shouting woman!"

||~||

"This is awkward." Ken says, as Kiara runs into the blue tent, blushing.

"Yeah it is." Ayato sweatdrops, as Rue runs after Kiara with a grin.

What happened was that, when Ayato and Rue came back, Ken and Kiara were doing 'adult' stuff. They obviously weren't expecting the other two to return so early.

Rue was finding it amusing because she had not expected to find the two in such a situation. Ayato and Ken decided to just keep watch as they heard Rue tease Kiara inside the tent.

"Rue joining us has been nice." Ayato said as he added more wood to the fire.

"Of course, you would say that. Don't think we haven't seen the heart eyes you give her." Ken smirked as Ayato blushed and threw a log at him.

"Shaddup!"

Ayato poked the burning wood with a stick as he mumbled, "Besides, she doesn't see me like that."

Ken rolled his eyes, "She's a princess and we're assassins."

"I know but can we even call her a princess? She acts just like us if not more of a barbarian. Where did you find her?"

"I'd say," Ken and Ayato's eyes followed Rue and Kiara who walked out of the tent laughing and smiling, heading towards the stream, "She found us."

Ken and Rue swiftly move through the town, jumping from roof to roof. Rue had changed her clothes, and had her mask on. Ken's mask was also on, covering the lower portion of his face, same with Rue.

They stopped at a little bit of distance from the Lord's mansion, and took a look over the whole premises. The wind was mild, which was good.

Wind was a asset to them. They moved in a way that change the move of the wind. That's how fast they were.

Ken and Rue's eyes glowed under the moonlight. Making them seem both ethereal yet dangerous. Ken smirked when he saw the amount of guards, guarding the mansion.

He looked at her as if asking her opinion. Which he was in reality. Rue simply shrugged and took position. Ken also took his position, and at once they jumped of the five storey building.

They landed on the premises of the mansion, and they carried on with their plans. Ken would gather supplies: weapons, food, medicine, bandages.

While she would find out about Yang Kumji's plans. They gave each other a nod, and moved away. Knowing where to meet up, they would now only finish their jobs and leave the mansion.

The woman slide through the open window, and hoisted herself slowly onto the second floor. She treaded slowly on the wooden floor, looking out for voices. She stopped when she heard a vile female voice. Bingo. She smirked.

She slowly beside the door and leaned against the wall, careful enough to not be against the door in case, her shadow was seen. She kept her hand on her sword, in case she needed to use them.

Her training always came handy, especially in times like these. Her hearing was above the average human, for that was how she trained her body.

"You see, Dad, I heard that there were some real beauties that were caught. It would be a waste to not sell them." A female voice rang out. Rue held herself back and continued listening. Iliza Scarlet.

"Ah! Remarkable observation Lady Iliza. Indeed we have some really valuable goods you see. Lord Kumji I do ask that you keep some for you personal use." Another man's voice rang out.

"What do you think Dad? If you don't want them, I'll take them. I'm feeling very bored these days so I would like them. He He~"

"Manager Zhou, sell them all. More money, more better. And Iliza I'll get you some slaves from the Kai empire okay?" Kumji finally spoke out.

"Okay Daddy!" Iliza said in enthusiasm.

"Manager Zhou, me and Iliza will be going to Kai empire, with the goods. The best one, which contains the nobles will be in my ship. We sail two days from now at night!" With that Rue quickly left the place and rushed to where Ken was.

This was bad. Really bad. They needed to make a plan.

Rue reached the roof of the five storey building and saw Ken relaxing there. Stargazing, sitting cross legged.

She smiled and took a place beside him, pulling one knee to her chest and leaning on top of it.

"Reminds you of old times doesn't it? Me, you, Ayato and Kiara. We loved stargazing. Kiara loved stars so much." He chuckled.

"And that blondie, Ayato would alway be whining about how cold it was and then Kiara would throw her shoe at him." Rue chuckled.

"She loved the stars as much as sunrises." Ken sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah. Remember what Kiara used to say about sunrise and sunset?" Rue asked Ken.

"Yeah. Every sunrise marks the beginning of a new day, and every-"

"And every sunset marks the beginning of a new night." They finish together. They hold hands and look at the stars.

They weren't romantically involved. No. They shared a special bond. A more platonic bond. But a strong bond.

"We have so many memories with them, that these memories sometimes remind us what we had. Sometimes the silly things matter more that anyone knows." Rue said in a soft tone.

"Rue? What's wrong?" Ken asked in concern.

"Kumji is planning on importing the shipments two days from now, at night."

"So soon?" Ken frowned.

"Yeah. We have to get back to the ship and inform everyone. Now." Rue got up and helped Ken up as well, and once again they ran into the night darkness.

||♪||

As everyone was gathered in the Captain's office, they were all shocked at the news that was delivered.

"What?" Gigan yelled.

"Yes, two nights from now." Rue repeats.

"How do we trust you?" A random pirate asked loudly.

"Do you have a choice?" Ken voiced out his thoughts. Gigan narrowed her eyes at the male and looked back at Rue.

"Who is he?"

"My partner." Rue said swiftly.

"You, girl, you are certain?" Gigan finally asked her loudly. The whole room tensed.

"I am, besides," Rue smiled, playing with her long hair, "You, don't really have a choice, do you?"

"Don't worry, we aren't wrong. You have no reason to be afraid." Rue calm everyone down and explains.

"Okay, I'll trust you. Do you have a plan, girl?" Gigan asked questioningly.

"Yes. Infact I do. A plan that has 99% of succeeding." Rue said as she pointed one finger.

"And what about the 1%?" Gigan asked impatiently.

"That 1% depends on whether Yona and Yun are willing to help me." Rue replies as all attention goes to Yona and Yun, causing them to gulp nervously.

"Eh?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343 21 15
In this story, Yona has an older brother. However, unlike Yona, he doesn't live past his fated day of death and his story ends in betrayal from the p...
99.5K 3K 25
You y/n, former personal servant to the late princess Yona, are traveling around Kouka kingdom after the death of king-il II and his precious daughte...
208K 7.4K 25
Y/n is the 1st princess of Kouka, older sister of the 2nd princess, Yona. A fact not many people knew. She had beautiful h/l h/c hair and gorgeous e...
98.6K 3.4K 77
Kouka Kingdom had two beautiful princess. One with fiery red hair. The other with eyes that changes shades of white, and vibrant pupils. The two prin...