~ Always Besides You ~

By Sam_Vida

RagSan FF ~ Chapter with title in Capital Letters are yet to be edited Marriage is a beautiful bond which ble... More

0. BACKSTORY
1. Kick-Off
2. Intricacy
3. Tears of Past
4. Distress yet Calm
5. Fratello
6. The Talk
7. Anguish
9. Endeavour
10. Dosthi
11. Transition
12. Breath of Fresh Air
13. THE U-TURN
14. THE "YES"
15. NEARING THE UNION
16. RAGINI SANSKAR MAHESWARI
17. AFTER TWO MONTHS
18. JOY NEVER STAYS LONG
19. THE WRECKAGE
20. TRANSFORMATION
21. YET ANOTHER MISHAP
22. SURFACING OF FOES
23. BRACING FOR THE UPCOMING
24. THE PARTY
25.
26
27. You're My Life~
28. Friend or Foe?
Partners-in-crisis
THE FOE
31. KAVITHA
32. COLLOQUY
33. THE PAST
34. DON'T CARE ABOUT LIMITS
35.
36. MS. ROY!
37.
38. The Deception
39. Solace
40. Family Time!
41. Shed Inhibitions
42. Corollary
43. @ Mumbai
44. Together There!
Epilogue
Bonus - 1 : Happily Ever After?!
Bonus - 2 : The Tranquil
Thanks!

8. Time Flies

1.4K 62 142
By Sam_Vida

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

How would it be if moon was not there? Night would have been the darkest, to the extent we could never imagine! Even if Moon's source of light was sun, it was there, all around the day illuminating our world tirelessly.

The Maheswaris gave RagLak's relation 7 months time; even after 1 month they are adamant on the current decision, they can apply for divorce which will be granted after 6 months or otherwise they can live together forever.

Swara stood beside her window, staring at the moon as her thoughts wandered aimlessly. 'Even now Ragini chose for the first option, adamant on breaking the marriage, for ME!?' A tear escaped from Swara's eyes remembering Ragini's pain she saw.

Her relation with Laksh was strained. She felt hurt but she could manage it. What she couldn't manage was the aloofness in Ragini's eyes when she bid bye to return to Maheswari Mansion.

'Either God always gift me with pain or make me reason for other's pain. Why?'

•~•×✿ו~•

"She will be staying here. At least now you can muster up courage to have a word with her. Till now, neither you apologized to her nor accepted her mistake in front of her. That's not right, Lucky. You can't expect to be good with your mouth sealed and mind lost in thoughts. I don't want such a treatment for my friend from my brother." Laksh's thoughts got broke with Sanskar's words.

"I'm telling you the truth, she's trying to sort out things happened because of her, not because of you. Please don't take that for granted." Sankar continued fed up of his brother's moun vrat through out the drive to which Laksh nodded.

"I hope these things are getting inside your brain instead of exiting through the other ear. Lucky, I'm serious this time." Sanskar warned.

•~•×✿ו~•

The ladies of Maheswari house were sitting in the drawing room.

"Maa, don't force me to stay in Laksh's room. I won't be able do that." Ragini said Annapurna in a low tone. "I'll stay in the guest room."

"It's your decision, Ragini. Make sure that the decision you took and takes will keep you happy in future."

Ragini smiled back to Annapurna keeping her hands over the latter's. "The truth is I will regret the whole life that I let go of such a loving maa and sasural. But no worries, what if it will not remain as sasural, I will come here as a daughter. Won't you consider me as your daughter, Maa?"

"Yes!" Uttara gleamed. "I always wanted a sister to support me in front of my heartless brothers." She chirped dramatically and hugged Ragini.

"I thought you would never need to ask such a question to me." Annapurna extended her hand to give a warm embrace to Ragini.

"Jiji, I was thinking why would give guest room to her? Arre, we will make Laksh sleep in guest room. He was always scared to sleep in that room in childhood. We can test if he's having that now also. It had many days we had some entertainment here." Sujatha asked delightly lifting her eyebrows.

"Well! That's a nice idea but he won't let us sleep then." Annapurna said and the ladies chuckled lifting the mood.

"Go beta, you freshen up first. We will talk then!" Annapurna said. Ragini smiled at the ladies and walked to the guest room.

"Where will end, jeeji? I'm worried!" Sujatha said with a tensed face as the worry reflected on others.

•~•×✿ו~•

"How will you manage everything, Ragu?" Swara asked Ragini worriedly

"You think managing these things will be hard for me?"

"Yeah. Because I know that you will manage the people and chores, but how will you manage yourself, alone?"

"Do you think I'm that much weak, Swara? What would you if you're trapped in a dark forest, alone? You'll try to find light somewhere; adjust ourselves there. It's just like that. I'm in the light now moreover I can adjust here. We can't expect to have anyone besides us all the life. In fact, we should learn to take care of ourselves. And you know what; you should start taking a 7 month crash course, okay. You can't be a child after coming here."

"I don't think I would need that. And even if I needs it, you're my trainer by default. No one can be better than you!" Swara rolled her eyes along with the first statement. Her and Laksh is a big question mark now!

"Hey, that will turn out to be a mistake dear. Don't forget that our Maa, Dadi and Dida are more experienced than me. And what, Huh? Are you making me older than them?" Ragini reverted trying to lighten the mood.

Swara bit her tongue realizing the blunder. "Yeah, I know. But with you, it will more comfortable. I mean like group study; peer group, comfortable, person with more knowledge on a subject will be sun, others will be planets. Simple yet Effective. Wah! I have become better in explanation, no?"

"Yeah yeah!" Ragini said while smiling and got distracted with a knock.

•~•×✿ו~•

"Ragini, I don't know what to say. I mean you did this much.."

"Laksh, come to the point." Ragini's voice was rigid, void of any emotions that would encourage him to continue his words.

How he wished the time flies back to when all these turned upside down! If he could walk back time, he would rectify each of his mistake and would treasure her as a wonderful friend. If he could, he would never do anything that would bleed her heart!

But Life is all about being dynamic. The cycle has to go on... The decisions, words, actions, everything has to be spontaneous. Neither of them can be retrieved back. Only option if to regret and repent.

Laksh stammered more struggling to get into the matter while Ragini shook her head in disappointment and turned to go.

"Ragini" He called softly.

How much she wanted to hear her name like this, with affection as if he needs her at the moment! She closed her eyes struggling not to cry and be weak before the person who made feel the weakest.

"Hm." She heaved a breath and said with a cold voice.

'Till morning she was better.' Laksh sighed on Ragini's behavioral changes.

She couldn't help but feel bitter towards Laksh. He had to think before speaking. He should have trusted her sister. He shouldn't have 

"You are upset with me?" Laksh asked and cursed himself for asking the stupidest question. 'Of course Yes! It's obvious. When did I become such an idiot?.. I have always been..'

Ragini chose not to answer the question. "You want to say something or not? I don't think you'll ever say anything on time, especially to me."

Laksh was surprised. Its true that he didn't expect her to be like she was before but never in his dreams had he thought of such words from Ragini. The Ragini he knew always had the touch of politeness and kindness in her words.

"I'm sorry." He said finally.

"It's good!" Ragini retorted. "You should regret about at least some mistakes you do." Ragini released another arrow which hit hard on Laksh making him go mute. "Are you done?" She asked getting slightly irritated.

On getting no answer, she turned to see a baffled Laksh. 'What? Have I got horns?' She walked away annoyed.

•~•×✿ו~•

"Why can't I be normal around him? Now I'm feeling bad."

"For what? Getting angry on him?" Swara asked.

"No. I don't know. I can maintain my composure with everyone but Laksh." Ragini sighed dismayed.

"Hey, it's okay Ragu. Actually you should take out your frustration on him. Even if he.." Swara paused for a second and continued "claims to love me, he never had the right to hurt you to this extent. I had thought about this early also but got in between the rush. And you know what; never subside to his simple sorries. Let him fight a battle. "

"Swara, you're saying against him?"

"No, I'm saying for you; and for justice also."

"Ohho justice!" Ragini smiled wholeheartedly on her sister's support.

"Do you think that what I'm doing is correct?" Swara asked worry clearly reflecting her voice.

"You started again? Look, Swara. Enough with your justice drama. A decision would bring pros and cons. All won't be able to enjoy the happiness of justice. It's important to observe how many are happy with the decisions. Decision always goes with majority, no?"

"I will die, Swara. Please give me one chance. I know I have been the biggest idiot of this century. Give me one chance to redeem. Please!"

Swara recollected the conversation she had with her sister a while ago. 'All won't be able to enjoy the happiness of justice' She closed her eyes feeling her heart heavy. It won't get off her mind soon. "I'm sorry!" Swara whispered looking at the phone screen where a happy 'Swaragini' smiled back at her.

•~•×✿ו~•

Ragini had a better sleep than last nights even though she wished to be with Sharmishta. She is overwhelmed by the love, care and support from her Mishti Maa. Now she has the right of motherly love from three, Janki, Sharmishta and Annapurna; regarding Sujatha, she will be added very soon. She sighed peacefully at her life. It is turning out to be good. But she has to mould up herself. Yes, the next task is that!

'She looks different' Ragini stared her own reflection in the mirror. She stopped a minute staring the sindoor placed before her. 'Does it have any meaning now?' She thought. 'But I'm a wife till the divorce. I can't insult these nuptial symbols.' She closed her eyes while filling her 'maang' with sindoor.

"Jiji, Ragini didn't had any of pre or post-marriage rituals. Shouldn't we conduct them?" Sujatha asked with hesitation at the dining table while Ragini helped Parineeta to serve the breakfast.

Annapurna glanced Durgaprasad and then Ragini. They have no voice there. It's Ragini's choice.

"Papa, Maa, Chachi, Chote Papa. Please pardon me. I won't ever think of disregarding a word from you. But, the wedding which didn't have any pre-marriage rituals, elder's wholehearted blessings and which has a limited life does not need post-wedding rituals also. This is a matter of only 7 months. Rituals should be meaningful. So let it be. And when they have no emotional attachment, it becomes meaningless." Ragini spoke calmly.

Annapurna smiled to the maturity of Ragini while Sujatha looked impressed. She never had any grudges against Ragini. Just that the last minute 180 degree turn made her mind a little confused. "Matter of only 7 months" ringed in the elder's mind continuously.

Sanskar looked at Laksh. 'Did he speak to her?' He pondered. 'Why my bhai is so idiotic?' He rolled his eyes understanding Laksh's face expression.

•~•×✿ו~•

"Dadi" Swara approached Parvati who was cleaning pulses. She looked Swara with jutting her chin, gesturing her to tell what she wanted to.

Swara took the plate from Dadi's hand and placed besides and sat holding her hands. Sharmishta noticed the duo from the kitchen while Shekhar was in the veranda a little far from them.

"Are you angry with me for the things happening? For being the reason for breaking your Laado's marriage? Do you hate me, Dadi?" Swara asked with heavy voice.

Swara knew, although she is expecting an outburst from her, she might not be able to control her tears. She looked at the elder woman, trying to collect soothing words from her to heal her hurting conscience.  

"You come with me." Dadi held Swara's hand and took her inside. Sensing the discussion would take a wrong turn, Shekhar and Sharmishta also rushed to the hall.

"Haa. You said right, I'm disappointed with the events taking place now." Dadi said in a slight high voice making Swara flinch. "What can you do?"

Swara's vision blurred as she realized a thin layer forming in her eyes - tears.

"But neither you nor I can do anything, Swara." Dadi's voice softened and Shekhar and Shomi heaved a sigh of relief. "Come, sit here." Dadi pulled Swara to sit on chair besides her but Swara chose to sit on the floor besides Dadi.

"Look Swara. I was disappointed at the fact that Laksh chose you above Laado. But this marriage, divorce, all these are not happening because of you. It was Laado's decision. Maybe, I would never have forgiven you if I didn't know what all Laado tried to do along with Sanskar."

Swara gasped in surprise. "Ragini told you about that?" She asked in a murmur.

"She told everything on next day of marriage. Maa ji was so angry on her to play with her own emotions so she disclosed everything." Sharmishta said with a soft smile.

"Your feelings towards Laksh hurt her; even she tried to hurt your feelings so the mistakes are equal from both sides. And getting kidnapped was not your mistake and doing something to save you was not her mistake. Now you tell, with whom should I be angry?" Dadi asked Swara stroking her hair lovingly.

"With Laksh" Swara said having a teary, soft pout.

"Haww, Chori, you're preparing to enter Sasural with this mind?" Dadi asked her astonished with a playful smile. 

"What Laksh did was wrong, Dadi. I gave him a chance because everyone deserve one and you all approved it.Else I would have never--"

"What you said is correct. Laksh made the mistake. Being elders we will forgive him, okay. Now, you leave all these things and breathe some fresh air. From how many days your brain is stuffed with all these things, Shona?" Dadi asked her with concern while Swara's eyes became teary again.

'Shona!' Only her mother, Dida and recently Ragini used to call her with the endearment. It was so intimate for her. Now Dadi also. She earned her affection. The realisation brought a wide smile on her face.

"Dadi Maa" Swara called. "I know Ragini calls you with that name. Just for now, I'm missing her in this moment." She gently placed her head in Dadi's lap which she reciprocated with gentle caresses.

•~•×✿ו~•

"You haven't been told to conquer Mount Everest, Mr. Laksh Maheswari. You couldn't voice your words to a girl? Wow! Great!" Sanskar exclaimed. "Like seriously Laksh, I can't believe this. You used to be the spoilt brat. Now what happened? Why are you being the scared kitten?" Sanskar tightened his fist muttering.

"Bhai, I tried to speak to her. But she seemed so different yesterday"

"Do you expect her to be in 'all-cool-dude' mood after all these?" Sanskar gave back. "Even now, your brain is not working properly. Anyway, I'm not going to enlighten on this matter anymore. I'm done with you." Sankar dramatically folded his hands before Laksh and turned to go.

"Bhai, please na. You're the only one besides me now. I'll talk to her. Pakka." Laksh pleaded

"Fine. But this time you have to do yourself. No help from my side and I won't even say to you. That's final." Laksh sighed losing that battle also.

•~•×✿ו~•

"Why are you hesitating this much if you want to talk to her? From when you became such a shy person? You were so courageous to tell her that you don't love her. Now?" Swara didn't hesitated before bringing the topic into conversation.

There was a silence for few seconds.

"Now you were the only one left!" Laksh mumbled, sighing on hearing the next lecture; from Swara. Is he really bad? Back to back, he's getting blows from each side as if he is some cranky child who is getting punished for making the his classroom upside down.

"Or what? Should I do aarti of you? Look Laksh, Ragini is my sister. She deserves a sincere apology. But I won't ask her to forgive you on your behalf. No way! You should earn it. And remember, I will never suggest her to forgive you so easily. You're not that naïve."

"Thank you for your extreme support, Ms. Gadodhia." Laksh rolled his eyes.

'What?" Swara's voice sounded rigid from the other end.

They were yet to be there.

"Sorry."Laksh mumbled again making Swara sigh.

"Bye. Don't forget! Ask apology from her." She disconnected the call without any delay.

'I don't think you'll ever say anything on time, especially to me'; 'You should be sorry about at least for some mistakes you do'; 'You used to be the spoilt brat'; 'You were so courageous to tell her that you don't love her'

The words rang in Laksh's mind repeatedly. "Till yesterday I didn't feel anything weird. The incidents were weird but I was comfortable around her, I could talk to her without any hesitation. Now, I myself feel anxious to face her. I feel happy at the fact that everything is under control now. But to get me under my own control, I should apologize to her. I should tell her my Mann ki Baat. What the hell is this? PM can say his 'Mann ki Baat' through radio to the whole world but me here is not able to express my regrets to her. Well! That was lame. Leave it. I will talk to her. Yes Lucky! You can. In fact, we will do it tomorrow itself."

Laksh sighed after a battle. It's not that much light matter. He know. "Am I that bad? I really hurt her so much. Why couldn't the story be something different?" A lone tear escaped from his eyes while he continued staring the moon.

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

Thank you Lax, @lucky_lakshmi for your lovely and heartfelt comments and suggestions.

Bye. Stay Safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 2.4K 10
Cover Credits - @SamairaRajput This is a continuation of serial track. This story mainly focuses on Swara & Sanskar. It shows the pain they faced a...
36.3K 2.3K 13
Swara Bose had suffered through a memory loss after a tragic incident. When she returns back to her family after recovery she learns she was marrie...
87.6K 4.8K 16
Sanskar Maheshwari in a quest to take revenge destroyed the life of an innocent. In an efforts to set things right ,he helped her and soon fell head...
168K 7.1K 34
Highest ranking in fanfiction #82 #38 on #EMOTIONS ***************************************** Sanskar and Swara are two protagonist of my story Ek Ris...