A World of Differences [1DFF]

Da _soontobebritish

Originally posted on onedirectionfanfiction.com in 2011. Eighteen-year-old Charlotte McDermott is moving to L... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue

Chapter 20

43 1 0
Da _soontobebritish

Chapter 20

Liam's POV

I pulled her closer to me when the lights started to flash. People screamed my name demanding to know who the girl was. I led her through the paps, checking to see the expression on her face. She was grinning slightly unsure of what was occurring. Pulling her closer, though I didn't think that was possible I led her through the door of the restaurant. The room we enter was dark, only lit by a few overhead flashing lights.

"I'm sorry Charlotte," I apologized as we found a table. "I didn't think they'd be here."

"Don't worry about it," she placed her hand on mine. "They can't come in here, right?"

I nodded, glad that she was so okay with it.

It wasn't long before Niall and Amalia joined us. I smiled at them as they sat down across from us.

"This is gonna be fun," Niall grinned ear to ear.

A waitress came and asked us what we wanted to drink.

The lady brought us our drinks and the food that Niall had ordered. We ate hungrily as we laughed and talked.

The night was passing much, much too quickly.

Niall and Amalia excused themselves and headed for the dance floor. As much as I wanted to steal Charlotte and capture with the beat of the music, I scooted closer to her. We hadn't had much time to talk just the two of us. That's the only downside of having four best mates with you twenty-four seven.

"Thanks for bringing me tonight," she smiled causing her eyes to brighten. I hated when she did that. It made her so irresistible.

"Thanks for coming," I flashed back.

She started fiddling with her hands, "To be honest, I was really nervous about coming tonight."

"Why is that?"

"Because, I've been in London for a few weeks and I already feel like this is more of a home than Omaha was."

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked confused.

She sighed," No, it's a great thing. But last night as I lay in bed, my mind kept thinking. I hadn't realized how many walls I had built up until I started knocking them down. I am so tired of protecting myself. That's why I came here –to London. I was always one to play safe. One boyfriend. Two best friends. One small town. It had been the same thing for years. Now everything is changing and fast. It's scary to think about. Not only am I on a date with a boy who I really like, but that boy is a rock star. That's not what you are to me. You're just Liam. But seeing the paparazzi... I know that the rumors will spread. But see, I'm happy. Amalia told me not to worry about what other people say and do. That's what I'm trying to do and this is the happiest I've been in forever. Between Amalia and Marisa and the other friends I've made at school to you and the boys. London is so much more than I could have ever dreamed of. But everything is so different."

I paused, making sure she was done. Then, I placed my hand on her cheek, gently stoking my thumb across her cheek bone. She turned her head towards my hand, accepting my comfort.

"Charlotte," I said her name with as much love as I could, "Don't push yourself so far you break. Nothing has to happen before you are ready. At any point in time, in any aspect of life, it's okay to take a step back and just look at the bigger picture. Take your time to figure things out. There is no rush with anything."

The advice could have been applied to any area of her life, but she and I both knew I was talking about our relationship.

She pulled her arm up from under the table, placing it on my hand that was still cupping her face.

"I don't need to step back, I just have to accept the fact that things are changing. I've never been good with change," she paused closing her eyes momentarily. When she opened them, there was a new sparkle in them, "Even if the change is good."

"Am I considered a good change?" I cocked an eyebrow anticipating her response.

"Possibly," she giggled.

"Well then," I grinned at her, "shall we dance?" I stood up from the booth taking her hand.

I pulled her towards the dance floor, turning her so she was facing me.

She pushed her bangs out of her face. Her long blonde hair was completely straight. It framed her face. My eyes wandered up and down. She had on a tight black mini skirt and a cream lacy cropped top. Her shirt was tucked into the skirt with was fastened with a thick black belt. She had on a silver heart necklace, diamond earrings, and sliver heels. Even in four inch heels she was a few inches shorter than me.

"Have I told you, you look beautiful?" I asked.

"I think you might have said that," she chuckled insecurely.

"Well, it's true."

"Thanks Liam," she batted her eyes.

Charlotte's POV
I smiled at his compliment before turning away. I could feel my cheeks heating up, and desperately needed to occupy myself. I lost myself in the crowd of people, knowing that Liam was close behind. I started thrashing to the music.

"If you wanna dance, you gotta dance with me," Liam whispered in my ear. Only I could hear his voice over the sound of the music.

We waddled to the middle of dance floor because he wouldn't release his grip around my waist.

We Found Love was blasting through the speakers. Liam pulled me closer to him as we started dancing to the music. The beat was perfect as our bodies moved together. I couldn't hide the smile that had engulfed my face.

We found love in a hopeless place.

The song broke out into an instrumental part and Liam turned me so I was facing him. We acted like idiots. It was incredible. Dancing was one of my favorite things to do. I didn't care if I looked like a freak. Popping to the beat of the music gave me a new found confidence. I forgot all of the worries that had been on my mind just minutes earlier.

The song grew louder as the DJ cranked the volume. It was mostly couples on the floor, and as the song spun back to the refrain I was spun in a circle back against Liam.

I laughed as I saw Niall and Amalia doing the exact same thing across the floor. I looked up to Liam. His eyes were warm as the meet me with a smile melting everything inside of me. He wrapped his arms protectively around my waist as we rocked back and forth. The song came to an end and I was filled with disappointment.

The disappointment was short lived as Liam bent down to whisper in my ear.

"You are a really good dancer," he winked.

I laughed, "Glad you think so because I think I'm terrible."
"Never say that again. I've never dance with anyone like that."

I grinned, "So might that mean you'll dance with me for another song?"

"And another and another and another.... And maybe even another after that!"

We danced to fast song after fast song thrashing our bodies among the crowd of people that had gathered. We spent a short time jamming with Niall and Amalia before we went our separate ways again.

Fly came on and Liam spun me close to him. As Nicki Minaj and Rihanna took over the room, Liam fastened his arms around my back. Instantly, I placed mine around his neck.

The mood of the club had changed. Things were winding down and I quickly wondered what time it was. It was surely after two. I didn't have much time to worry about the time because I was interrupted by Liam's voice.

His face was close to mine. He was only a few inches taller than me. His warm breath lingered on my face causing goose bumps along my arms.

"I'm really glad you came with me, Charlotte," his eyes twinkled under the flashing lights.

"I don't know which I'm gladder about: the fact that you invited me to come or me coming here with you." I laughed. "I had such an amazing time, Liam. Thanks for bringing me."

"Your welcome," he smiled the smiled that had caused me to melt so many times in just the past week.

"You know I have a problem," he gulped.

"Oh? What might that be?" I fixed my eyes on his own pleading for him to explain.

"I think I kind of like this one girl. But see I've only known her for a very short time and I was kind of rude to her at first. And I don't know if she feels the same way." He broke eye contact and looked the other way.

"Hmmm. Well, from a girl's point of view, you should just tell her how you feel. Then it will be out in the open and well yeah." I stroked my finger across his neck calmingly.

I came to win.

To fight.

To conquer.

To thrive.

I came to win.

To survive.

To prosper.

To rise.

To fly.

To fly.

The refrain of the song played through as Liam reconnected eye contact. He blinked and then smiled.

"I think I like you Charlotte, and that scares me."

"Why? Why does that scare you?"

He shrugged, "What if you don't feel the same way, what if I get my heart broken like last time? What if's keep running through my head. I keep shrugging them off. I guess you mean more to me than any of my fears and that in and of itself scares me."

"Liam," I smiled at him. "First of all I don't want you to think that I am upset because you didn't tell me about the band and stuff. I do understand why you didn't. And, well as for worrying about what my feelings are for you..." I could feel my cheeks turning red. It felt like a movie moment when the girl is so thankful that it's dark in the room. "Don't worry about that either."

This time I was the one who broke eye contact.

Liam had proven really good at reading people's emotions because he dropped a hand from my waist and moved it to my chin. He lifted my face up with one finger.

"If I were to kiss you what would you say?" his whisper was filled with sincerity.

"I wouldn't say anything," I stared back at him. My voice was barely audible. "I'd be too busy kissing you back."

He chuckled, but that was all he needed. He cupped my face in his hands and lightly brushed his lips against mine. He was gentle and slow, but quickly every ounce of my being melted.

At first I was hesitant to kiss him back, but then I did. It wasn't a hungry, lustful kiss. It was slow and sweet. Filled with so much passion. I felt my knees go weak, but it didn't matter because Liam had me tightly against his chest.

I pulled myself closer to him. He released my face and wrapped his arms back around the small of my back bringing us together. I smiled into the kiss and he smiled back. It was the perfect end to the perfect night.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

187K 3.3K 30
[This is a one direction fanfic.] This story is about a little five year old girl who's name is Penelope. She had a hard time growing up with her dad...
18K 75 19
Lottie, an eighteen year old girl attending college at UCLA in Los Angeles, lands her dream job as an editor for Seventeen magazine. But what will ha...
14.2K 382 42
Seventeen year old Kaitlyn has to move to England with her family for her dad's new Job, while she's there she meets one direction but little did she...
228K 2.2K 52
Meet Ellie Keddington, age 18, and huge fan of One Direction. She started as a fan, became a member, and then left them for a reason that nobody knew...