love maze

By falleninterludes

when jisoo's family company is going bankrupt, her father made a deal with a business partner and set her up... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven

thirty-five

3K 196 58
By falleninterludes

"We'll push through this wedding..."

Hearing those words almost made me cry in front of my parents.

How can they be so insensitive? How can they choose the business over their own daughter?

All these years, they're still prioritizing the family business over Jin and I. I still don't understand why they let Jin choose what he wants to be yet they don't even ask me once what I want or need, their lack of presence doesn't help either.

In the morning, before our classes, V didn't even bat an eye on me. He was just looking at the window, his chin resting on his hand.

"V, Jisoo's here." I heard Jimin say to his best friend. "Go talk to her."

V just glared at Jimin before looking back at the scenery outside.

During our vacant time, V didn't come with us in the library. No one knew where he went but he got back just in time for our next class to start.

At the cafeteria, when he and Jimin didn't eat with us, I couldn't take it any longer.

I stood up, startling Chaeyoung and Jennie. I didn't mind all the stares I was getting as I walked towards Jimin and V.

Snacking the table, I said, "Are you going to ignore me for the rest of the day?" V didn't answer me.

"Jisoo.." Jimin called me, a concerned look on his face.

"You didn't even let me explain before walking away. I thought you'd always listen to me." I insisted, still looking at V, who kept on eating his food without acknowledging me. "Fine. If you keep on being like this, then we're done. Believe what anyone says about me." I scoffed. "You know what? I actually thought we'd get through this. Guess i just disappointed myself."

I walked out of the cafeteria while trying hard not to let the tears flow down.

I didn't finish any of my afternoon class after that. At dinner, Jennie and Chaeng brought back a bucket of chicken for us to eat.

"What happened back there, Soo?" Lisa asked once we're all gathered around.

"Anger got the best of me." I answered. "But still no regrets. At least I let all my anger out."

"I don't understand why V reacted like that. It's very unlike him." Jennie said.

"Yeah. Especially towards Jisoo.. Jisoo's his kryptonite. Why would he shut you out just like that?" Lisa added

"Isn't he working tonight?" Chaeyoung asked, "I think you should try one more time, Soo. Maybe he'll talk to you in private."

"You think?" I let go of me chicken, "Cause I'm going if you three think this is a good idea."

"We do!" three girls agreed simultaneously

I looked at my chicken, "I'm coming back for you, chikin. Just you wait."

---

I arrived at BTS not long after I sprinted towards the bus stop near uni.

When I entered, there weren't many customers inside and the cousins weren't in sight either.

"Oh! Miss Jisoo" one of the BTS crew saw me, "Looking for V?"

I nodded.

"He's inside Yoongi's office. Let me walk you there."

I gladly accepted his offer to guide me to Yoongi's office, not expecting what I'd see or hear from there.

"I think they're busy talking about something private. You can wait here outside if you want." he told me

"I'll wait. Thanks for bringing me here." I smiled at him before he left.

From inside, I could hear what Yoongi and V were saying. It's not my habit to eavesdrop, unlike my best friend, but I can't help but press my ear on the door to hear them clearly.

"Taehyung, auntie wants you to be with them. They need your support there as their son. Why won't you listen to me?" Yoongi sounded exasperated.

"I can't leave Jisoo. I don't want to leave her." Taehyung argued.

I held my chest, a buzzing feeling surging inside me.

Then why is he ignoring me?

"You can be with her after you get back here from States. It would only take you a year. If she truly loves you, then she'll wait for you even if it takes you 3 or 4 years."

"I won't leave."

Yoongi groaned. "Taehyung, for once, listen to what your mother is pleading. Your father is already sick, the hospital recommended auntie a better hospital in the States. If you don't come with them, auntie might get worried sick because of you too."

"I won't leave Jisoo. She needs me to get out of that marriage." Taehyung said, "I don't want her to live a life led by her parents. She's just like me. She's the only one I've got, hyung. She's the only one who can understand me. I won't leave."

"You're being irrational right now, I can't handle it. Let's continue this tomorrow before your flight. We still have work to do."

I heard Yoongi's steps coming towards the door, and the most rational thing I did was to run away.

It was all I needed to hear.

V also has his own problem and adding my own problem won't benefit any of us.

Next day, V finally approached me at the end of our last class.

"I'm sorry for my actions the last few days. I wasn't thinking straight." he explained, "I'm ready to listen to what you'll say."

Youre not thinking straight because of your parents. They needed him, and I don't want to be the reason why their family won't be together through thick and thin.

"Jisoo,you there?" he asked

"I don't need to explain." I brushed him off and walked faster towards our dorm.

"Wha- Jisoo, I thought-"

"Don't talk to me anymore. You were right when you said I'm like your parents. I'm also manipulating you. Now stop following me."

It took a few seconds before I couldn't hear anymore footsteps following me. I guess Jimin held him back.

Dinner with the girls was quiet. No one dared to talk to me or ask me of my sudden outburst. Chaeyoung tried but I told her to let me eat my food peacefully; she looked frightened after I said that so she didn't try talking to me again.

When Lisa was about to close the main light in our room, someone knocked on the door.

"Jisoo, come out." It was V.

Jennie and Chaeyoung got up from the respective beds while Lisa's eyed went wide as she looked at me.

"Should I open it?" Lisa mouthed. I shook my head.

"Jisoo, I know you're in there." V knocked again. "Jennie texted me you just finished eating so I know you're not busy."

We all looked at Jennie, who only gave us a peace sign with a nervous smile.

"I'll wait here until morning if I have to."

Lisa tiptoed her way towards me and whispered, "I think you should come out now, Soo."

"I don't want to talk to him."

"Jisoo, Jimin posted in snapchat." Chaeyoung showed us her phone, revealing a photo of V angrily waiting outside our room.

"He looks scary." Jennie commented, "But still good looking though. How is that even possible?" We looked at her once again like, really? That comment in this kind of situation?. "Sorry, I'll be serious now."

"Kim Jisoo!" V knocked harder this time. "I'm sorry for ignoring you, now please talk to me. I miss your voice already."

My heart melted. I was taken aback by his words, I forgot how he affected me.

"Eunwoo tried explaining it to me but I didn't give him a chance either. I realized that I wanted to hear it from you. Anger made me walk out that day, I didn't mean to leave you there with that girl. I was a jerk, I know. Please come out. I'll listen to you this time." He stopped." And whatever you explain, I'll stay with you. I'll help you get out of that situation. "

"Taehyung, let's go now. She's not coming out." we heard Jimin's faint voice

"No. I'll stay here."

"Taehyung, just talk to her tomor-"

"I can't wait til tomorrow!"

Tired of their bickering, I stood up and opened the door.

"Tae-"

"Jisoo!" V said when I opened the door, "You came out."

"I'll.. Wait for you at the lounge." Jimin said, shocked that I showed myself, and left the two of us in the corridor

"Jisoo, I'm sor-"

"Dahyun's right." I cut him off

"W-what?"

"She's right. I'm just manipulating you. I just wanted to try what it feels like to flirt with people before I get tied with someone. I just wanted to see how fast you get attached with a girl, seeing that you're the most popular guy here and the most controversial one." I smirked." And you easily fell. "

"Jisoo..." I saw V's eyes began to become glossy so I looked down, I don't want to fail acting tough in front of him, he might not leave with his parents if he sees me weak.

"Eunwoo and I will still get married this summer. I won't bother fighting for us since I didn't even think about us in the first place. Hell, we don't even have a label." I huffed, "Technically, you're not my boyfriend so why act like one now?"

"Jisoo, look at me." V's voice began to sound authoritative yet I didn't follow him. "Look at me!"

I tried hard not to flinch, to which I am successful of. But I failed myself by looking back at him, only to see tears already pooling down his face.

That was it. Him crying was the last thing I wanted to see. I fear I might stop acting and just tell him that I love him, that I fell hard for him and I don't want him to leave too.

But family comes first.

They need him more than I do.

"Now, tell me you're not in love with me. Tell me all that you've told me when we were together were all lies." he said

I looked at the floor before looking back at him. "I'm not in love with you, Kim Taehyung." He flinched. "All that I told you at school, at the rest house, at the rooftop, they're all lies. Each of them were just me playing with your feelings."

"Chichi..." he said softly

"Can you please leave now? Students are trying to sleep here."

V wiped his tears away, something I did when he first cried beside me. It hurts seeing him like this. "You're a coward, Jisoo." He suddenly said, leaving me dumbfounded. "You told me you'd never leave me and now we're here. You're really a liar, after all."

He left me there standing alone, with tears threatening to fall from my eyes as well.

I went back inside our room crying my eyes out, the girls comforting me all night that we woke up later for our first class.

When Jen, Chaeng and I got inside our room, Jimin was sitting alone by the window.

I sat a few seats away from Jimin while the two approached him.

"V overslept too?" Jennie asked him

Jimin shook his head. "He left this morning. He's leaving the country tonight with his parents."

"You called me a liar. That makes two of us then." I whispered, "You said you'd never leave me even if I tell you to."

END OF COLLEGE ARC :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357K 11.7K 49
Where two idiots doesn't know what relationship they have....! But still doesn't even bother to search for the answer.!! JEON JUNGKOOK The powerful C...
156K 6.1K 46
Taehyung is completely devastated upon hearing that Jungkook is getting married in a month. He has always loved the boy but he could never admit his...
226K 6.1K 57
"𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒆𝒅 π‘΄π’‚π’“π’“π’Šπ’‚π’ˆπ’†?" "π‘ͺπ’π’‚π’”π’”π’š π‘©π’Šπ’•π’„π’‰π’†π’”?" "π‘¨π’π’π’π’šπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’‹π’†π’“π’Œπ’”?" 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔 π‘©π’–π’”π’Šπ’π’†π’”π’” 𝑺𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’šπ’π’–...
152K 11.7K 39
β˜…Completedβ˜… -Description- ❛❛A story started when officer Jeon Jungkook was trying to find his sister's culprit but found an innocent soul begging him...